Smogon Premier League - Introduction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kewl, this sounds like a truly awesome idea! Good job Shiv and LonelyNess!

Also:
** How will one team battle another? Will each member of that team battle each member of the other and the team with the most battles won wins that that match?

** I think a team should receive 5 points if they manage to completely thrash the opposing team, you know as a sort of bonus? Like 8-0 or however it will be scored.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Also:
** How will one team battle another? Will each member of that team battle each member of the other and the team with the most battles won wins that that match?

** I think a team should receive 5 points if they manage to completely thrash the opposing team, you know as a sort of bonus? Like 8-0 or however it will be scored.
1) Basically, Team Blue and Team Green send us a list of 8 players with which role they are playing (DPP OU, RBY OU, etc). These players are then matched up so you have a total of 8 battles happening.

2) That already plays a factor in terms of breaking a tie but should hold no more significance. A win is a win, would you (in a regular tournament) start giving people byes because they beat another player 6-0?

1) Basically, Team Blue and Team Green send us a list of 8 players with which role they are playing (DPP OU, RBY OU, etc). These players are then matched up so you have a total of 8 battles happening.

2) That already plays a factor in terms of breaking a tie but should hold no more significance. A win is a win, would you (in a regular tournament) start giving people byes because they beat another player 6-0?
1) Ah, okay thanks

2) yeah, I guess your right, but remember that is 6 people that have won

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
Aah this is a great idea!!
I was actually thinking of a new idea for a Team Tournament but this is AWESOME!!!!
Well Nice work Shiv.
btw shiv is it by any chance that the name and format of SPL sounds and works similar to IPL? (if you know what I mean) ssshhh..
anyways great idea!

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
2) yeah, I guess your right, but remember that is 6 people that have won
I meant a regular battle. Say I beat Jackal 6-0 in ST6, it counts the same as beating someone 1-0.

btw shiv is it by any chance that the name and format of SPL sounds and works similar to IPL? (if you know what I mean) ssshhh..
anyways great idea!
yeah, the ipl and epl were both sources of inspiration behind it :)

This is the greatest tourtament I have ever seen on smogon (but probably I wont be picked since im not really great XD)
Can anyone PM me the link to download netbattle?

Badal

Shit
is a Contributor Alumnus
I meant a regular battle. Say I beat Jackal 6-0 in ST6, it counts the same as beating someone 1-0.

yeah, the ipl and epl were both sources of inspiration behind it :)
haha! cool! love this idea shiv!
and I follow both (though I follow the epl more than IPL!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)