Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Hi, I'm a beginner at using RNG (first post too!). I only have HG but I downloaded the new RNG because people can RNG abuse HGSS now. Anyway, after I find my seed I always get the wrong Elm replies to what the reporter says. I'll put every step I do and could someone point out where I've been going wrong?

1. Start HG and button mash A. Record the time when I press continue (have my laptop clock synched with DS clock)
2. The game starts with me standing in grass, outside MT. Silver, on my bike. (one slot in party free)
3. I use sweet scent, and I catch the poke.
4. Enter all the details into seed finder under 'find seeds by stats' tab. If its level is too low for IVs to be calculated, I give a few rare candies.
5. I find the seed (HGSS box is checked) Time is around 9 and delay 492 on average. Click OK.
6. Select DPPt Egg PID (normal) for method. Click generate.
7. Open up pokegear on my DS, call Elm.
8. His replies never match what RNG says.

(I've done all the requirements needed to get the 3 Elm replies)

Hi, I'm a beginner at using RNG (first post too!). I only have HG but I downloaded the new RNG because people can RNG abuse HGSS now. Anyway, after I find my seed I always get the wrong Elm replies to what the reporter says. I'll put every step I do and could someone point out where I've been going wrong?

1. Start HG and button mash A. Record the time when I press continue (have my laptop clock synched with DS clock)
2. The game starts with me standing in grass, outside MT. Silver, on my bike. (one slot in party free)
3. I use sweet scent, and I catch the poke.
4. Enter all the details into seed finder under 'find seeds by stats' tab. If its level is too low for IVs to be calculated, I give a few rare candies.
5. I find the seed (HGSS box is checked) Time is around 9 and delay 492 on average. Click OK.
6. Select DPPt Egg PID (normal) for method. Click generate.
7. Open up pokegear on my DS, call Elm.
8. His replies never match what RNG says.
Um lol because Elm is for Seed Verifying? Why do you want to use Sweet Scent for Seed Finding? Elm is for Seed Verifying and you use it when you start the game and not when you advanced like 50 frames. I don't get why you use Sweet Scet at all if you want to use Breeding.

I just wanted to seed verify to see if i was doing it right...nvm, clearly I'm confused. OK then but because I'm using HG, I have to advance by calling Elm instead of coinflips right? So if RNG says do 5 coinflips, I call Elm 5 times? I know I'm totally noobish, plz bear with me..

Sorry I wasn't being very clear.
I just want to hatch a shiny egg in HG. And also would I still select the 'DPPt Egg PID (Normal)' method even though I'm using HG?

:/ I believe that my questions are not that hard for people who know RNG, I'm just learning this thing, so, I will have many many questions, then, why they get ignored? :( Here is again, a question I made:

What's regular calibrated delay for Pokemon Diamond? To abuse my ID using pikatimer. Thanks

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
:/ I believe that my questions are not that hard for people who know RNG, I'm just learning this thing, so, I will have many many questions, then, why they get ignored? :( Here is again, a question I made:

What's regular calibrated delay for Pokemon Diamond? To abuse my ID using pikatimer. Thanks
wel you can try hitting a delay, seeing by how much you missed and caliibrate yourself its not that hard, or you could wait here and potentially be ignored again.

Nexus, I know how to do that, using Pandora's Box, but I'm talking about which amount should I input on the first field "Calibrated Delay" on Pikatimer, or, doesn't it matter?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Nexus, I know how to do that, using Pandora's Box, but I'm talking about which amount should I input on the first field "Calibrated Delay" on Pikatimer, or, doesn't it matter?
the calibrated delay is the delay that you hit most often when attempting to hit your target delay, lets say you want to hit a delay of 5345, but every time you try you hit a delay around 5465, that 5465 would be your calibrated delay, this is just an example btw.

I've decided I'd rather not do Electivire right now, if I delete the Wonder Card before I collect the gift, will the deliveryman go? Will I be able to get the Electivire again later? If not to the second question, would I be able to make a new account on PBR and get another one?

Calibrated delay is the delay you most commonly hit in the calibration phase. There's really no such thing as "regular" calibrated delay, because it'll vary for each cartridge.

has anyone a list with every flawless seed (hgss)?
i haven´t ever time to search thx seeds :(
The spreadsheets linked to at the bottom of this page are the best that you'll get here. Otherwise, just use PokeRNG or RNG Reporter's Seed Finder's Open Search function to find spreads by yourself.

I'm gonna need help. I just can't figure out how to rng no matter 4th or 3rd gen it always eludes me.Will someone help by guiding me through with my emerald version I would love you like a parent for the help:naughty:.

If someone wants to guide me through leave a reply to this around 5 i should be ready to recieve any help.

I was going to RNG a Wobbuffet so I saved in front of the day care lady. I entered my SID and my ID and all. I looked for a spread and this was the spread that I wanted:
Calm/Male/6 Flips/1 Taps/Delay = 612

I put it into PikaTimer with the delay of 612 which was the spread I was going for. I tried like 3 times until I hit my delay. I hit it and I got the correct coin flips. I did six extra flips for the frame and then I did one happiness double tap. I then put the parents in (Wobbuffet and Flawless Ditto). Ditto in first for the spread I am going for. I waited 'till he got the egg and saved in front of him. I put AR in for fast hatch and hatched it. I got a BIG surprise. A non-shiny Adamant Male Wobbuffet. I was like, "WOAH!" Somebody Please tell me what I did wrong >_< Same thing happened for the Houndour I tried to RNG. I need to know please and thank you.

Didi you leave the happiness checker app open? You shouldn't. It's best to do the happiness taps, then go back and do the remaining coin flips.

Did you have 6 Pokémon in the party?

I was going to RNG a Wobbuffet so I saved in front of the day care lady. I entered my SID and my ID and all. I looked for a spread and this was the spread that I wanted:
Calm/Male/6 Flips/1 Taps/Delay = 612

I put it into PikaTimer with the delay of 612 which was the spread I was going for. I tried like 3 times until I hit my delay. I hit it and I got the correct coin flips. I did six extra flips for the frame and then I did one happiness double tap. I then put the parents in (Wobbuffet and Flawless Ditto). Ditto in first for the spread I am going for. I waited 'till he got the egg and saved in front of him. I put AR in for fast hatch and hatched it. I got a BIG surprise. A non-shiny Adamant Male Wobbuffet. I was like, "WOAH!" Somebody Please tell me what I did wrong >_< Same thing happened for the Houndour I tried to RNG. I need to know please and thank you.
It would help if you listed your SID and the seed you were trying to hit.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)