Issue #8 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ENJOY! This is our anniversary issue, and it's packed with content! And welcome to all our new recruits: padawans, writers, artists, and anyone I forgot!

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Awesome ^_^
Will edit in thoughts after.

Loving the cover, who did that? (Thanks VKCA)

Edit time ^_^

You can tell Alch wrote the Spriting article.
I got a mention in the WSC article ^_^
Laughed at the questions in the CAP FAQ

THE NEXT PAGE LINK ON MOP'S MUSINGS LEADS TO THE IMAGE! NOT TO THE NEXT ARTICLE!

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
Congrats on the anniversary all!
I'm really suprised healbell bronzong wasn't mentioned in the "moves that pokemon should have but don't" article. Outside that though I really enjoyed the article.
My name has also changed since the ask the admins section, it doesn't really matter but fink doesn't exist on this site anymore (unless an admin wants to change my name back:naughty:)
I also really liked HellaHellaStyle's art.(the person who did the cover dogfish)

CONGRATZ
GOZU
god i loved this issue
to be honest, i wasn't satisfied with the last one but this one...man...

Kevin Garrett

is a competitor
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 12 Championis a Three-Time Past SPL Champion
Great job everyone. This issue looks really good. I would just like to say that I messed up on the Power Rankings. I wrote it before the final pairings were officially posted and I got some of the matchups wrong. This won't happen in the future.

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Damn guys, this is some good stuff! I actually wasn't aware that this was out until I was stalking jumpluff's profile and saw her viewing this page...good thing I'm a stalker I guess?

A big congrats to everyone who worked on this, it's splendid :)

Cool. My question made it. But anyhow, what took so long to get this out? The last one was in Mrach, wasn't it?

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
Love all the art, and the interview with Earthworm is enjoyable. Still sifting through, but it's all great, as usual! ^_^

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Awesome art, especially the cover.
A good issue as always.

Keep up the hard work!

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
One of the best issues out there. I especially liked the featured pokemon (Infernape) write up.
Humorous art too (Disco Dancing Flygon W00t)

I did catch an error. The steel article mentions that Aggron has a number of 2X weaknesses. He only has one (water)

Just after shortly blabbing how awesome this whole thing is, I´d like to note that the article featuring Venusaur states that:
"Moltres is another great counter to Venusaur, being immune to Earthquake and possessing a 4x resistance to Grass. Moltres can then use the opportunity to Toxic stall, or just unleash one of its fearsome STAB attacks."

Should it be noted, that in case Venusaur stays in, its poison-type blocks the toxic? Overpredicting could easily be the case, but there´s always a chance...

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Just after shortly blabbing how awesome this whole thing is, I´d like to note that the article featuring Venusaur states that:
"Moltres is another great counter to Venusaur, being immune to Earthquake and possessing a 4x resistance to Grass. Moltres can then use the opportunity to Toxic stall, or just unleash one of its fearsome STAB attacks."

Should it be noted, that in case Venusaur stays in, its poison-type blocks the toxic? Overpredicting could easily be the case, but there´s always a chance...
Who keeps Venusaur in against Moltres lol.

Unless you know that you outspeed, in which case you STILL can't do anything to it unless you use Return.

Cyrrona

starlet
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
The cover page was a sure sign this issue was going to be a good one. I particularly enjoyed Kevin Garrett's tournament analysis and the interview with Earthworm, and "cookie's Tips" was another personal favorite. I'm also interested in seeing what Phil and Scofield come up with for the OU Metagame Analysis, since technology has kept me out of that for the past few months. Definitely another quality release--well done, guys!

Another job well done. Thank you to all the people that put time and effort into this, I enjoy reading it immensely, as I am sure many others do as well.

Just as a small editorial, 2 pokemon with moves I think they should be able to learn are Quagsire with Stealth Rock and Lucario with Aura Storm (lol).

Awesome issue. Especially the moves Pokemon should have. Flareon without flare blitz, snorelax without slack off. had my laughin my ass off. The infernape article also had me laughin when I got to the Gorillaz Demon Days CD alteration. Keep up the good work guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)