EVs: 252atk 252speed 4def/sp.def
Nature: Adamant
Item: Life Orb
Ability: Flash Fire/Intimidate
Move 1: Flare Blitz
Move 2: Agility
Move 3: Crunch
Move 4: Thunderfang/Dig

Intimidate is great but getting the Flash Fire boost is even better on a sweeper like this. Everything is self explanatory except for the last move. Thunderfang works for Gyarados, but it is too weak for almost all other enemies (compared to Flare Blitz). Dig just makes it so this set isn't completely walled by Heatran, and it saves some HP if you want to attack some random Poison type. Good for late game when counters are gone.

dont you think you should try reaching a certain speed mark instead of putting 252 evs in speed? even with no evs and a neutral nature arcanine is going to to reach a speed of above 410 so i am sure you can try reaching a speed mark and making the set mixed instead, something like flare blitz, hp grass, agility and thunder fang maybe?

dont you think you should try reaching a certain speed mark instead of putting 252 evs in speed? even with no evs and a neutral nature arcanine is going to to reach a speed of above 410 so i am sure you can try reaching a speed mark and making the set mixed instead, something like flare blitz, hp grass, agility and thunder fang maybe?
Both HP Grass and Thunder Fang is kind of redundant but.. If you don't have a check for both Swampert and Gyarados then I guess it's okay.

And, life orb + flare blitz is going to hurt, especially without Intimidate as Physical attacks will be doing much more. If you go with Dig, I'd say Leftovers would be much more valuable as you can get Leftovers recovery during the turn you're underground. Though, Dig is just asking for a Salamence to come in and resist/take very little from Intimidate Thunder Fang and spam Draco Meteors left and right.

i was just giving a example of moveset, my point is that he should reach a speed mark instead of putting 252 evs in speed and call it a day.

i was just giving a example of moveset, my point is that he should reach a speed mark instead of putting 252 evs in speed and call it a day.
Mm, yea I'm gonna have to agree with the speed mark thing. 252 HP EV's will let it handle the recoil from Flare Blitz much better.

Mm, yea I'm gonna have to agree with the speed mark thing. 252 HP EV's will let it handle the recoil from Flare Blitz much better.
For the record I actually prefer using Flash Fire because it lets his Flare Blitz be almost unstoppable. Flare Blitz does more damage to Salamence than Thunderfang, and he should get away with an OHKO with Flash Fire and Stealth Rock. Even if she gets in on Dig, Salamence will have trouble because Dragon Dance won't let her outspeed Agility- so she first takes damage before being forced to kill Arcanine. Otherwise Flare Blitz 2hko's. Next comes an easy revenge kill, Salamence is known to kill 1-2 Pokemon normally. And Swampert should be out of the picture or weak enough so Arcanine can pick him off with Flare Blitz by the time a sweep is attempted.

I haven't figured out the speed situation yet and I am not sure what benchmark would be best so I'll probably look at the Speed Tiers.

Edit: And the current ev's let him switch into Stealth Rock 4 times, when I figure out the speed situation I will try to maintain that.

example:lucario take 40% from CB scizor bullet punch, arcanine would be taking 30% maybe? 25%? this is the amount of hp that arcanine need to make reversal powerful enough to be useful. sure that fighting is a great move for coverage, but in OU you wont get much chances of using with nite ES, scizor bullet punch and lucario ES runinng around the tier.

Staraptor (M) @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat/Return
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

A random anti-lead I've been playing around with on the ladder a bit. It beats the majority of popular leads, and can simply U-turn out of others. I randomly change between usin the two items. Lum Berry helps out against Roserade/Smeargle and can be useful for absorking random status, suck as taking a Breloom Spore and then smashing it in the face. Leftovers is just good for some durability. As for Return vs CC, CC is for the steels that wall the set (mainly Heatran) while Return can score a 2HKO on standard LeadPert, as well as getting good neutral coverage. Azelf is KOed by BB+QA. Aero is hit hard by CC, or can simply be U-turned out of if you don't carry it. Like said above, Swampert is a 2HKO with Return, while it can't OHKO back wit Ice Beam. Metagross isn't 2HKO'd bu CC, so U-turn it is. Jirachi is the same. Infernape is fucked over by BB+QA. Machamp is beaten by BB. So is Rade, if carrying Lum. Tyranitar is screwed by CC.

Opinions?

Return actually doesn't come close to 2HKOing Swampert, as Brave Bird only does 46% maximum. Still seems like a decent anti-lead however, especially with all the Machamp running rampant. Close Combat is necessary for Heatran and Tyranitar. What I like about this lead is that if the foe were to bring in a counter, such as Rotom-A, you can U-turn out, hopefully before they set up Stealth Rock. I would always use Lum Berry with this lead as defeating Roserade, Smeargle, and Breloom is very important and one of the advantages of this set.

I thought of this set while reading the smog: 8. Hopefully it is good because I haven't found anytime to test it. This will hopefully raise the usage of Dragonite.

Dragonite @ Leftovers
SubPunch
Adamant (+Atk,-SpAtk) Nature

Move 1 -Substitute
Move 2 -Dragon Dance
Move 3 -Focus Punch
Move 4 -Dragon Claw

EVs - 252 HP / 252 Attack / 4 Spe

Well, this is yet another attempt to push Salamence off of the stage and actually give this guy a shot. The goal of this is to get a sub up with its decent HP and then go for a Focus Punch/ Dragon Dance. If he gets a chance to pull off two Dragon Dances, he will have the power of a SDchomp and a speed higher than Salamence's. And only steel types would be in the way of a massive non-locked sweep. To deal with the nasty steels, we have a focus Punch protected by a substitute.

To help Dragonite have an easier time switching in, (and possibly raise defenses even under a substitute) screen support may help. Kudos to Bronzong, having great synergy with Dragonite, and a passable attack for explosion and gyro ball.

Well, here he is in all of his glory, please comment as I am very interested in thoughts on this set

For the record I actually prefer using Flash Fire because it lets his Flare Blitz be almost unstoppable. Flare Blitz does more damage to Salamence than Thunderfang, and he should get away with an OHKO with Flash Fire and Stealth Rock. Even if she gets in on Dig, Salamence will have trouble because Dragon Dance won't let her outspeed Agility- so she first takes damage before being forced to kill Arcanine. Otherwise Flare Blitz 2hko's. Next comes an easy revenge kill, Salamence is known to kill 1-2 Pokemon normally. And Swampert should be out of the picture or weak enough so Arcanine can pick him off with Flare Blitz by the time a sweep is attempted.

I haven't figured out the speed situation yet and I am not sure what benchmark would be best so I'll probably look at the Speed Tiers.

Edit: And the current ev's let him switch into Stealth Rock 4 times, when I figure out the speed situation I will try to maintain that.
There's no guarantee that you'll ever get the Flash Fire boost.
Flash Fire Boosted Flare Blitz vs 0/0 Salamence after Intimidate : 16.9% - 19.9%

That's no where near a 2HKO and even then, there's no guarantee you ever got off an Agility to outspeed it with.
Salamence promptly 2HKO's even 252/0 Arcanine with EQ without attack EV investment.

Also, switching into Stealth Rock 4 times doesn't really help it when OU is ridden with Priority attackers. And, especially with a recoil move without any form of recovery.

that damage is a LITTLE off the road, it does less then 30% but more then 20% with a life orb adamant flash fire flare blitz.

that damage is a LITTLE off the road, it does less then 30% but more then 20% with a life orb adamant flash fire flare blitz.
I knew I forgot something. Forgot to change the nature to Adamant and add Life Orb. =/ Either way, it's not 2HKOing anytime soon. With or without Stealth Rocks.

Staraptor (M) @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 80 HP/252 Atk/176 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Brave Bird
- Close Combat/Return
- Quick Attack
- U-turn

A random anti-lead I've been playing around with on the ladder a bit. It beats the majority of popular leads, and can simply U-turn out of others. I randomly change between usin the two items. Lum Berry helps out against Roserade/Smeargle and can be useful for absorking random status, suck as taking a Breloom Spore and then smashing it in the face. Leftovers is just good for some durability. As for Return vs CC, CC is for the steels that wall the set (mainly Heatran) while Return can score a 2HKO on standard LeadPert, as well as getting good neutral coverage. Azelf is KOed by BB+QA. Aero is hit hard by CC, or can simply be U-turned out of if you don't carry it. Like said above, Swampert is a 2HKO with Return, while it can't OHKO back wit Ice Beam. Metagross isn't 2HKO'd bu CC, so U-turn it is. Jirachi is the same. Infernape is fucked over by BB+QA. Machamp is beaten by BB. So is Rade, if carrying Lum. Tyranitar is screwed by CC.

Opinions?
Really sweet anti-lead. I used it today in conjunction with skarmory and it works great. Staraptor beats things like Roserade, Azelf and Machamp, while Skarmory can set up on the leads that beat Staraptor, most notably Swampert and Metagross

Lum Berry is definitely the way to go btw.

This could be interesting

Dusknoir@leftovers
252hp 136def 136spe
Curse
Pain spilt
Shadow sneak/memento
Fire punch

Ghost type curse is an interesting concept. Use this mid game to set up a priority sweep.
Evs give adamant tyranitars crunch a good chance of 2ko,and when pursuit trapped you can cripple it and hurt it with your own pursuit.

Evs in speed are to outspeed lead machamps who have switched out and other Walls to put them in scizOr/luke ko range.

Memento is to force a switch(only with spikes/rocks up) and is good when low on health and going to be outsped. Shadow sneak and fire punch for coverage

N.B typed on ipod touch so forgive the poor spelling and grammar.

Thoughts?

What the hell damage calculators are you guys using? I just did it and the minimum damage he does to 4hp 0def Salamence with Flare Blitz is 30%without the Flash Fire boost.

Which means even without Flash Fire he has a great chance to kill a Salamence who is also using Life Orb or has about 10% damage from anywhere (2 turns of sandstorm, whatever).

With the Flash Fire boost he does an absolute minimum of 44.8% damage, meaning it will always 2hko with Stealth Rock, even if she took a turn of Leftovers recovery. Without Stealth Rock he has an excellent chance to get Salamence using Life Orb.

And btw, a great place to put Arcanine's speed is at 285 (236evs) because it allows him to outspeed positive natured base 80 pokemon before his agility boost, namely Togekiss, Dragonite, Gallade, Mamoswine. That only allows for 20 ev's leftover, and if they are all put in HP he still gets to switch into Stealth Rock 4 times. And since these Ev's are leftover anyways there is no reason not to be sure he can switch into SR 4 times.

I know that scarftar is the latest hype and all, but some of the teams i include him on really hate the sandstorm (salamence). This pokemon plays basically the same role, so i dont know how "creative" it is, i just wanted to share it.

Absol@Choice Scarf
Super Luck / Adamant
HP 6 / 252 Att / 252 Spe
- Pursuit
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Basically, you play this like ScarfTar, except without the bulk that the dinosaur brings to the table. However, Absol does have a few things going for him. The first is that, thanks to his base 75 speed, he can outrun the same things that Tar can, except that he can run a neutral nature, making his attacks quite a bit more powerful than Tars. Next is the absence of Sandstream, which is a blessing if your team is of the frail and fast kind that lose health through LO. Instead, Absol has Super Luck, that boosts the critical hit rate of his moves, especially Night Slash and Stone Edge. Last, as I said before, his attacks pack a bigger punch than Tars. The lack of the massive bulk Tyranitar has though is a shame, so keep in mind that you can't really switch into attacks as much.

I know that scarftar is the latest hype and all, but some of the teams i include him on really hate the sandstorm (salamence). This pokemon plays basically the same role, so i dont know how "creative" it is, i just wanted to share it.

Absol@Choice Scarf
Super Luck / Adamant
HP 6 / 252 Att / 252 Spe
- Pursuit
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Basically, you play this like ScarfTar, except without the bulk that the dinosaur brings to the table. However, Absol does have a few things going for him. The first is that, thanks to his base 75 speed, he can outrun the same things that Tar can, except that he can run a neutral nature, making his attacks quite a bit more powerful than Tars. Next is the absence of Sandstream, which is a blessing if your team is of the frail and fast kind that lose health through LO. Instead, Absol has Super Luck, that boosts the critical hit rate of his moves, especially Night Slash and Stone Edge. Last, as I said before, his attacks pack a bigger punch than Tars. The lack of the massive bulk Tyranitar has though is a shame, so keep in mind that you can't really switch into attacks as much.
This set is actually listed in the Absol analysis, but with Psycho Cut over Stone Edge. :P

Absol@Choice Scarf
Super Luck / Adamant
HP 6 / 252 Att / 252 Spe
- Pursuit
- Night Slash
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Somethign else that is a lot of fun to add to that is Me First:

Things that you outspeed with your Scarf and use a nice STAB attack, looking at you Salamence...do not like to get hit by their own Draco/Outrage/Claw multiplied by 1.5. Also, it's hilarious when it works.

What the hell damage calculators are you guys using? I just did it and the minimum damage he does to 4hp 0def Salamence with Flare Blitz is 30%without the Flash Fire boost.

Which means even without Flash Fire he has a great chance to kill a Salamence who is also using Life Orb or has about 10% damage from anywhere (2 turns of sandstorm, whatever).

With the Flash Fire boost he does an absolute minimum of 44.8% damage, meaning it will always 2hko with Stealth Rock, even if she took a turn of Leftovers recovery. Without Stealth Rock he has an excellent chance to get Salamence using Life Orb.

And btw, a great place to put Arcanine's speed is at 285 (236evs) because it allows him to outspeed positive natured base 80 pokemon before his agility boost, namely Togekiss, Dragonite, Gallade, Mamoswine. That only allows for 20 ev's leftover, and if they are all put in HP he still gets to switch into Stealth Rock 4 times. And since these Ev's are leftover anyways there is no reason not to be sure he can switch into SR 4 times.
Without Flash Fire 34.6% - 41%(no intimidate)
After intimidate, no flash fire 22.9% - 27.1%
If you're switching in, then that means you would've already taken a D-Meteor, and should you have even survived that, Salamence promptly outspeeds and OHKO with EQ or the sort. Also, there's no guarantee that you'll ever get the Flash Fire boost, and if you do, it's probably the Salamence switching into your Agility or Flare Blitz. If you do use Flare Blitz, it'll only do 34.6% - 41% as the Intimidate essentially gets rid of the Flash Fire boost. Also, it'll outspeed and OHKO with Earthquake. If you used Agility, you get off your Flare Blitz, and the Salamence kills you after your Flare Blitz. And, keep in mind, this is all with Flash Fire boost. AND, you're also doing less than Roost damage(provided it switched into you) which means it can outspeed you(if you used agility, then it would've switched in safely) and can roost off your damage.

Sorry about my fail calculations from earlier.

Somethign else that is a lot of fun to add to that is Me First:

Things that you outspeed with your Scarf and use a nice STAB attack, looking at you Salamence...do not like to get hit by their own Draco/Outrage/Claw multiplied by 1.5. Also, it's hilarious when it works.
That's a pretty awesome idea. I'm ginna test that for sure. What move di you think i should replace? I'm gonna try it over stone edge

That's a pretty awesome idea. I'm ginna test that for sure. What move di you think i should replace? I'm gonna try it over stone edge
I would definitely try it over Stone Edge. Just because it'll capture a dragon move to take out Mence anyway, and what else was Stonde Edge for?

Psycho Cut could be good to replace because Psychic-weak pokes aren't exactly prevalent.

ROARing Latias @ Leftovers

252 HP/88 Speed/128 Spc Attack
Levitate
Modest

TBolt
Surf
Recover
Roar

The HP EVs give it some more bulk, the speed lets it outspeed Swampert so i can roar before it does (Swampy's Ice Beam does less than 25%, waterfall even less, EQ none, and my team doesn't care about SR)

Surf lets this be a solid Heatran check/counter, recover lets you abuse Latias's bulk, witht he HP EVs as well, and the special attack lets you do some nice damage to a lot of mons, as well as 2HKO TTar (I think...I may have calc'd wrong)

Best part is, the first time you send out Latias, you get to learn about whether or not they have a Scizor/TTar by using Roar. Say you bring in Lati to revenge a Heatran...but you really use Roar. In switches one of the above, and out it goes. Then you can play mind games, maybe learn another member of their team, or surf something.

Surf/TBolt could be replaced by DPulse if you so desire, or even Shadow Ball (although all it does is Dusk/Gar)

It's a lot of fun to get to Roar when they bring in Scizor, then switch to your Forry (or whatever) and get in some spikes/SR when you want to.

METAGROSS
Moveset Name: METAGROSS MIXED TANK
Move 1: Meteor Mash
Move 2: Earthquake
Move 3: Ice Punch
Move 4: Explosion
Item:Leftovers
Ability:Clear Body
Nature(s): Adamant/Careful (I prefer Adamant for the extra power, but that's mostly because the metagross i bred only has 4 attack IVS lol----at least it has flawless in HP Defense and SPDef)
EVs: Ordered HP252/Atk4/SpD252

Although this set is surprising to see, it is no joke. This Metagross is almost GUARANTEED to take out at least two pokes on the other team. With this specially defensive EV spread combined with Metagross's naturally stellar Defense stat and HUGE Attack stat, Metagross can take out many threats including the almighty Latias with Ice Punch after taking only 1/3 damage from a +2 surf. Meteor Mash was chosen not only for being a 150 base power move with stab, but it was also chosen for its chance to raise Metagross's Attack up one stage for a chance to make its explosive finish much more devastating. Earthquake is used to take out Fire types. Infact, this Metagross at full HP is actually able to take Non speced Heatran's fire blast and survive and OHKO it with earthquake. Also, this metagross takes ABSOLUTELY NOTHING FROM RESISTED SPECIAL ATTACKS. Infact Metagross actually gains HP when it is hit by Starmie's unboosted ice beam. This Metagross is also not close to being 2 hit KOD by bulky Zapdos's Heat Wave and can immediately threaten it with ice punch and earthquake on the Roost. If someone sees any flaws with this set, don't be afraid to correct them in a reply. This Metagross can not only take special resisted hits, but it can also take physically resisted hits well also. You wont be disappointed when a Salamence uses Fire Blast on this Metagross after it realizes dragon claw does nothing only to see that Metagross survives and immediately decimates it with Ice Punch.

Jirachi
Moveset Name: Jirachi Wall and Attacker
Move 1: Wish
Move 2: Cosmic Power
Move 3: Thunderpunch
Move 4: Ice Punch
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Nature(s): Jolly
EVs: 162 Att/100 Def/100 Sp.Def/148 Speed

Jirachi's defensive capabilities seem to have been ignored by almost everyone who uses it. With 100 HP, 100 Defense, 100 Special Defense, and only 2 weaknesses, Jirachi makes a pretty good wall. Giving Jirachi a Jolly Nature and 148 Speed EV'd allows it to outspeed all Neutral Speed-100s like Salamence (Outspeeding them allows Jirachi to get out a Cosmic Power before attacking). The EV set given will give it 261 Defenses, which at first doesn't look that great. But, as I learned with Gyarados's Speed, giving these one Stat boost puts them up at 391, and two will give it Defenses of 522. Wish is Jirachi's best recovery, but the added Defenses usually keep Jirachi alive to gain the HP back. However, this isn't simply just a wall. Instead of giving Jirachi 381 HP, I decided to give it 276 Attack. This, paired with Bolt/Beam's physical counterparts, also makes this Jirachi a decent attacker.

the guy with the cosmic power jirachi set shud probably make it so Jirachi has substitute to protect from crits because they hit through cosmic power boosts. If one goes this route you should make it so jirachi has 404 hp so its subs dont get broken by seismic toss

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)