Nuzlocke Challenge

Is it good or bad that everytime I see Res/EvilBob post, I get excited for a new chapter, and then disappointed for no chapter? P;

On other news, when I get my GBA SP back (it's on a trip to Turkey right now, don't ask), I will start this on my Red. And probably take the easy way out and use Bulbasaur, for some nostalgia (first time I played a poke game, Red, I picked Bulba, same with LeafGreen). I'll see if I start a journal on this, most probably I will though.
same here XD

This is my first update of my HeartGold Nuzlocke Challenge. I'm allowing myself to buy one pokeball per town and I can only level up a pokemon one time in a Wild pokemon Battle.
So here's how it went:

I chose Cyndaquil and called him Furnace!
Beat my rival pretty easily.
Caught Geodudette, a female Geodude on Route 46. I level her up once before going to Route 30.

In Cherrygrove, I bought another pokeball. I know that isn't the most exciting news but hey atleast it's an extra pokeball!

Took out all the Trainers, using them as training fodder for my two pokemon.
On Route 31, I caught a Caterpie! Now those who have read my Pokemon FireRed Nuzlocke challenge, will remember I have a Butterfree called Butterkill in it. Well I decided to name my new Caterpie, Butterkill!

Once arriving in Violet city, I went straight for the Sprout Tower. There I caught a female Rattata who I called Squeaks. Butterkill evolved into a Metapod there.
After the Tower-of-not-much-power, I went to train Squeaks up one level on Route 32 and caught Lambsy, a female Mareep.
During the first two trainers of the Violet city gym, I leveled up Geodudette till she knew Rock Throw. Butterkill also evolved again ^^ !
The final battle, Falkner. His Pidgy was taken down by Lambsy (Who still didn't know any electric moves, but could still paralyse!) and Furnace. Pidgeotto was easy! I was expecting a hard fight.
It didn't use Roost once (Which was a good thing, since I hadn't taught Geodudette Rock Smash yet!) and was defeated by Geodudette!

After a quick heal, I picked up the egg from Prof. Elm's aide.

So to recap, here's my current team!:
Furnace the Cyndaquil (Male)
Geodudette the Geodude (Female)
Butterkill the Butterfree (Male)
Squeaks the Rattata (Female)
Lambsy the Mareep (Female)
Egg the Egg (Unknown)

- Will I make it to Azalea Town?
- Will a Pokemon be killed?
- When will the Egg hatch!?

Find out the answer to most of these questions next time on Pokemon HeartGold!

On other news, when I get my GBA SP back (it's on a trip to Turkey right now, don't ask)
Which city? Istanbul? Tell it to pay a visit to me ;P

In other news, I have started my Diamond run. Nothing too exciting so far; beaten the rival and captured a Bidoof, in Sandgem now. Bleh. Screw exams :(

Actually, I do not know :o It's a bit complicated, but if you want a better explanation, PM me.

Still thinking on what rules I will go by, though probably softer ones, since this would be my first time to do such a runthrough of any kind.

Is it good or bad that everytime I see Res/EvilBob post, I get excited for a new chapter, and then disappointed for no chapter? P;

On other news, when I get my GBA SP back (it's on a trip to Turkey right now, don't ask), I will start this on my Red. And probably take the easy way out and use Bulbasaur, for some nostalgia (first time I played a poke game, Red, I picked Bulba, same with LeafGreen). I'll see if I start a journal on this, most probably I will though.
I don't know or care if its good or bad because I end up doing it anyway. They've persuaded me not to write a story as mine will fail in comparison.

3rd Day, 4th attempt,
(Rule Change, all potions found are allowed, not bought ones
RERErechose mudkip (Male)(Kips)(Relaxed Nature). ninja'd my way through Rt 101 without an encounter, Beat may, got pokeballs, Caught a wurmple (Male)(Wormy)(Quiet Nature) Lv 3. Rt 102, Caught a wurmple (Male)(Spare)(Relaxed Nature) Lv 3. awesome bait and switch tactics to train Wormy to Lv6, Got to petalburg, bought pokeballs and repels, watched wally catch a ralts, then ran west to Rt 104. Caught and deposited another wurmple (Male)(Wurmple)(Lonely Nature) Lv 5, and evolved Wormy .Petalburg Woods, caught a zigzagoon (Male)(Quillbolt)(Naughty Nature) Lv 5. Ground all members to level 10, evolved wormy again. Fought Team Aqua Grunt. Caught another zigzagoon above petalburg woods after I got out the other end (Female)(Ziggy)(Lax Nature) Lv 5. Got to Rustboro, deposited Spare and Ziggy, Soloed Rock Gym with Kips. Another grunt! Rt 116, caught a Whismur (Male)(Rawr)
(Naughty) Lv 7. Bait. Switch. Repeat. Vendanturf Tunnel, caught another Whismur (Male)(ShoopWhoop)(Relaxed) Lv 6. Killed Team Aqua, got a PokeNav!
End Log.
DAMAGE REPORT:
DAY:3
OKEMON OBTAINED TODAY:8
TOTAL POKEMON OBTAINED:19
POKEMON RELEASED:11
POKEMON LEFT:8
TODAYS DEATH LIST: None

Crap, my Seadra(Victor) and Jolteon(JaModrick) both died to Gary's Charziard's critical hit Flamethrower in Silph Tower.... FUCK! Now all I have left is Fearow(Reginald), Venusaur(Elwood) and Nidoking(Howard)... I do have Pokemon in reserve but haven't even trained them or anything so they are all at level 10 and stuff like that. I did just get that Lapras(named Kip) so I guess he can replace Seadra... FUCK!

Here's another update in my Pokemon HeartGold Nuzlocke Challenge!

To recap, here's the team I start off today!:
Furnace the Cyndaquil (Male)
Lambsy the Mareep (Female)
Egg the Egg (Unknown)

Thurther down the route towards the Union Cave, I catch Woopa, a wooper.

Not much happens till we get to Azalea town. My egg finally hatches into a (of course) Togapi, who I call Fairy. (Now I have a Fairy in a ball, In case I die ^^).
Jumping head first into the well, I tear my way through the Rocket Grunts. I also catch a Zubat. I decided to name him Ze Bat (Reference to my FireRed Nuzlocke Challenge).
When we come to Proton, well lets just say don't mock Butterkill. He used all poison pokemon and Butterkill has Confusion in it's attack repertoire. You do the maths.

I (foolishly) decided to fight Silver (Rival) right after the war of the well. Gastly, no prob to Squeaks and her bite. Croconaw, on the other hand, was a beast! Poor Lambsy couldn't do much, even with a super effective Thundershock.
Guess who had to step in. Butterkill, of course! He used the recently mastered Sleep powder to allow Croconaw to catch a couple of Zs, while Lambsy barbequed it.

We enter Bugsy's domain. Furnace finally evolves!! In the final showdown, Geodudette takes out his(or is it her?) Scyther in about Two hits. Furnace took care of the two cocoons.

After I got Cut, I went on a team building exercise. I caught an Oddish(who I call Ordish) and taught her Cut and Desperado Seed.
After teaching Furnace, Lambsy and Squeaks headbutt (Hey It was free!), I caught Handy, the Aipom. He had the nice ability of Run Away (Which become Technician, after he evolves!)!

Route 34 was pretty easy. I just trained up my newer pokemon. All my team are now round about the same level. Some are bit higher, some a bit lower.

Goldenrod City! The Vegas of the pokemon world! (Some say Celadon City is but it doesn't have a train!) In the underground tunnels, Lambsy finally evolved into a Flaaffy! I then got a team photo.
Now it's time! Time to face my fears! The monster that lurks in the Goldenrod Gym is going down! I, of course, am talking about the dreaded juggernaut that is MILTANK!!! That demon in previous games has fainted so many of my Pokemon.
I still have nightmares about it till this day...

Here's my current team for anyone who cares!:
Furnace the Quilava (Male)
Lambsy the Flaaffy (Female)
Woopa the Wooper (Male)

In ze box:
Fairy the Togapi (Male)
Ze Bat the Zubat (Male)
Handy the Aipom (Male)
Ordish the Oddish (Female)

Dead:
0 Pokemon (I'd like to keep that the way it is!)

- Will I defeat the Nightmare known as Miltank and claim my Plains Badge?
- Will a Pokemon be killed?
- Will my Fairy in a Ball be ever used to revive me?
- Who stole my Sandwich?!

DetroitLolcat

Maize and Blue Badge Set 2014-2017
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Whatever happened to...

DetroitLolcat's Leafgreen Nuzlocke Challenge
Part 4: Rock Types Suck

Sorry for taking nearly a month to update. About 30 minutes after I posted the previous one, my computer suffered motherboard failure and it took three weeks to fix due to the epic failure of the Geek Squad (1-2 weeks my ASS!). Well, here's part 4 (While I was gone, I leveled my guys up to 13 and 11 respectively).

"Huff...Huff...Well, I finally made it to Pewter City after sitting in the grass for the past 18 days." Lolcat said, rushing to the pokemon center to heal his weary companions.
"I wonder what sights there are to see in this stone-cold town." Lolcat immediately notices the fossil museum looming in front of him, but decides that 50 pokedollars is too much to talk to a bunch of mentally challenged NPC's and stare at fossils of Pokemon that he'll never get because of the challenge rules. "Well, I wonder what's past the museum," thinks Lolcat, seeing a field with a pokeball in it.

Lolcat knew the real reason why he came to Pewter City, and that was the League's first badge in the Gym nestled in the center of Pewter City.

"Hmm, should I play it safe and have Kitteh rape everything inside the Gym, or balance my team and let everyone battle?" Lolcat knows that starterwhoring could be disastrous in the challenge, but so could losing a member of the team.

For better or worse, Lolcat steps inside and sees the lone Trainer between him and Brock. The eager Trainer makes some scientifically incorrect statements and consequently gets his ass handed to him by a rat, mouse, and turtle.

Meanwhile, Brock thinks out loud: "Hmm, not a single of the town's women can please me anymore, guess it's you and me again tonight, Onix...Whoa! What are you doing here! I was not fantasizing about a twenty foot snake or anything!"

"Never asked...", thinks Lolcat, "Are you the Gym Leader or something?"
"Why, yes. I'm Brock, the non-perverted leader of Pewter City's Pokemon League Gym and official keeper of"
"Whatever...Battle time"

Boss Battle
Brock.

Lolcat throws out his Butterfree to match Brock's Geodude, but quickly notices the disadvantage and recalls the butterfly. "GO, Kitteh" cries Lolcat and the small blue turtle appears to take on the rock. Squirtle rapes Geodude in the face. Onix is then annihilated by one water gun as well. The battle took three turns. Nobody fainted.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pedobrock gave Lolcat his badge and the TM39, and Lolcat proceeded to Route 3 after receving the running shoes. If only this was 4th Gen, where you could run inside buildings.
"Wow, my levels are already unbalanced, Kitteh is four levels above everyone else...time to train my other guys!"
As soon as Rattata learned Hyper Fang, he suffered poisoning and made it with 1 HP because he leveled up in the middle of battle. Luckiness!
TWO LEVELS LATER (Crits and poison cause many near-death experiences)

Well, this ends Part Four.

TEAM:
Kitteh (Squirtle): Lv 15
Rattata (Rattata): Lv 13
Bolt (Pikachu): Lv. 13
Bugsy (Butterfree): Lv. 13

Boxed:
none

Dead:
none

Is there a version that is generally considered the hardest for Nuzlocke?

Alternately, is there also an "easiest"?

I would generally think that FRLG (definitely with Bulbasaur but also just in general) is the easiest. But I don't really have a good opinion for the most difficult.

Diamond / Pearl / Platinum seem to be the hardest since the lack of Pokeballs that you can pick up in the field.

On the FireRed/LeafGreen point, I think you're right. Currently I'm doing a FireRed and HeartGold Nuzlocke challenges and I think that FireRed is very easy and probably be a good starting point.

Hey guys, new comic thing. I was just practice on drawing Marowak because he's going to get a lot of screen time.

Intermission - Route 213

Current Stats:
Greebo(Maowak) Lvl. 52, male.
Vicou(Sneasel)Lvl. 42, female.
Zoe(Crobat) Lvl. 43, female.
Adapta(Gastrodon) 42, female.
Chirox(Infernape) 48, male.
Charro(Licario) 43, male.

Dead:
Beauty(Budew)
Sylvi(Beautifly)
Magic(Gyarados)

Well officially, Pokemon fainting equalling death and catching only the first pokemon in the area are the original rules. The ones that most people who make the comics go by.

Anyways, I've started my comic, and I'm really interested in seeing everyone's.
Also note, that you can go on the Nuzlocke forums and post your comics and get them placed on the fan comics page.

Anyways, I've started my comic, and I'm really interested in seeing everyone's.
Also note, that you can go on the Nuzlocke forums and post your comics and get them placed on the fan comics page.
I've already got mine on the Fan Comic section of the forum. I don;t know if I'm doing this until the very end so I won't email Nuzlocke himself once I feel confident I will.

Diamond / Pearl / Platinum seem to be the hardest since the lack of Pokeballs that you can pick up in the field.

On the FireRed/LeafGreen point, I think you're right. Currently I'm doing a FireRed and HeartGold Nuzlocke challenges and I think that FireRed is very easy and probably be a good starting point.
FR/LG = easiest
Emerald = most popular
Ruby/Sapphire + Platinum = most enjoyable
Diamond/Pearl = hardest by far
Gold/Silver/Crystal = the ones with the hardest losses

If not using items at all FR/LG is a nightmare. Everything is going to poison you, and the wild pokes can be pretty awful.

This is a Petit but Grand update.

My Team Before The Battle With Witney:
Butterkill the Butterfree (Male) (My Lead)
Woopa the Wooper (Male)

The battle began. She sent out her Clefairy and I sent out Butterkill. Butterkill put it to sleep and then spammed confusion at it. He got a small bit of damage but not a huge amount.
Witney sent out Miltank. I kept Butterkill in there, thinking he would be able to put it to sleep.
Man that cow was fast. It out sped my Butterkill. Then I watched helpless. A Rollout came. Critical Hit. Butterkill has finally gone to meet his maker. He had lasted so long.
I knew him since he was a Caterpie. Adios Amigo, Adios.
Miltank will pay!!! I sent out Geodudette and took it down with Multiple Rock Smashes. Miltank managed to get her down to 2HP, but Geodudette managed to pull through in the end!

After the battle, I claimed the Plains Badge but felt deep remorse. Why Miltank?! Why do you always have to take down some of my pokemon?! WHY?!
But thanks to Butterkill's sacrifice, my team managed to defeat the weird creature from the moon and that damn cow on steroids! It was gutrenching moment releasing him.
Who would replace him in the team? I need to catch a Psychic pokemon. I need to move on but it's hard. Butterkill was one of my most loved and trusted pokemon!
He was one of the original three. Furnace, Geodudette and Butterkill. The three musketeers! Now I know how Ash felt releasing his Butterfree. Farewell Butterkill!

My Team After The Battle With Witney:
Woopa the Wooper (Male)

In ze box:
Fairy the Togapi (Male)
Ze Bat the Zubat (Male)
Handy the Aipom (Male)
Ordish the Oddish (Female)

Dead (R.I.P):
Butterkill the Butterfree (Male) Levels 5 - 17

- Will I be able to find a Pokemon to replace Butterkill in my team?
- Will I sort out that strange tree?
- Will I ever get over Butterkill's death?
- Will my Fairy in a Ball be ever used to revive me?

FR/LG = easiest
Emerald = most popular
Ruby/Sapphire + Platinum = most enjoyable
Diamond/Pearl = hardest by far
Gold/Silver/Crystal = the ones with the hardest losses

I never bothered to play Platinum, I just jumped from Diamond to HG.
So why is Platinum easier than D and/or P? I wasn't under the impression that is was changed enough to consider it entirely new or different until "end-game" for the in-game and all the extra battles and places to battle.

Also, @Addie
Just heard about Butterkill, I'm so sorry. That's the kind of hole that is never really refilled.

I never bothered to play Platinum, I just jumped from Diamond to HG.
So why is Platinum easier than D and/or P? I wasn't under the impression that is was changed enough to consider it entirely new or different until "end-game" for the in-game and all the extra battles and places to battle.
Pokedex in DP: 150 pokemon.

Pokedex in Plat: 210 pokemon. Many of which are types like Ghost, Fire, and Electric which the pokedex was lacking.

There's your differance.

I finally started a HeartGold challenge, and I have to say, this game hates me -_-
Took Cyndaquil as my starter (Corey), got a Rattata on Route 46 after getting Pokeballs (Nick), then got a Pidgey on Route 31 (Sara). No Pokemon on Route 29 and 30 because I lacked Pokeballs and couldn't ninja my way through without an encounter. Then I go into Dark Cave, run into a Geodude, and kill it with a crit. Then after getting Bellsprout (Melinda) and beating Sprout Tower (didn't run into anything, oddly enough), I go to battle Falkner, Corey leading the way. One crit from Pidgeotto later and I'm looking at a dead Cyndaquil, then Nick fails to finish it off and dies as well. Oh well, time to regroup I guess.

Alive:
Sara the female Pidgey: Level 12, Relaxed nature
-Tackle
-Sand-Attack
-Gust
My new leader, Sara is easy to anger but a great friend nonetheless. Although shaken by the deaths of Corey and Nick, she's ready to lead my team onwards through this perilous journey.

Melinda the female Bellsprout: Level 10, Lax nature
-Vine Whip
-Growth
My newest member, Melinda is still shy, though she has bonded well with Sara. She is willing to do her best to succeed.

Boxed:
None

Dead:
Corey the male Cyndaquil: Level 13, Mild nature
-Quick Attack
-Leer
-Smokescreen
-Ember
Though shy, Corey was brave and always willing to stand up for his friends. He was my first Pokemon and I had hoped to have him along for the entire challenge. Unfortunately, Falkner ended those hopes with a critical hit Tackle from Pidgeotto that took me by surprise and ended my starter's life. RIP

Nick the male Rattata: Level 12. Mild nature
-Rock Smash
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Bite
Nick was the troublemaker of the group, but he was always ready to fight for his friends and was really close to Corey. After Corey's death I figured Nick was my best bet to finish off Falkner's Pidgeotto, but Roost gave it just enough time to kill Nick. RIP

Sorry about the loss, Flamestrike :pirate: HG/SS runs can be pretty daunting at times, don't give up!

As for me, I recently finished my first SoulSilver nuzlocke run and boy, it was a pretty unique experience. I started posting on the nuzlocke forums but I haven't gotten any responses yet... I guess people don't like written ones :pirate: but hey, I can't blame them either. Anyways, I'll post each chapter in here whenever I make an update, and I'll always have a separate thread in the nuzlocke forums. Just check my signature!

As for now, I'll paste my first two chapters here.

[Chapter 1]

My name is Gold. Today, Professor Elm has an errand for me to run! He decided to allow me to choose a Pokemon to accompany me on my errand. I chose Cyndaquil
and nicknamed it Cuddles. Along the way (Route 29 & 30), Cuddles was able to gain a few levels. Woot! I decided to skip Route 46 for the time being, so when I get Pokeballs later, I can catch something there.

At Mr. Pokemon's place, I also met Professor Oak, who was kind enough to give me a Pokedex. When I left Mr. Pokemon's place, Elm gave me a call, saying that something terrible happened. I rushed back, and just as I exited Cherrygrove, some dude with red hair bumped into me. He had a Totodile! Thankfully, since I gained a few levels during my errand, Cuddles gave Totodile a good whooping. I caught a glimpse of the red hair dude's Trainer Card... his name is Silver!

Eventually, I arrived at the lab. While Totodile's theft was pretty catastrophic for the professor, Elm was happy to receive the mysterious egg that Mr. Pokemon gave me. He also allowed me to keep Cuddles. I went home briefly to let mom know that I was leaving, and she agreed to help save money for me. Yay!

As I left town, Lyra found me and gave me a few Pokeballs to get started. Sweet! I immediately headed for Route 46 (the route that I skipped earlier) to see what my first catch would be. Lo and behold, it's a Geodude!
I caught it and nicknamed it Studmuffin.

I also managed to catch a Weedle
on Route 31. It tried to poison Studmuffin but failed horribly. I nicknamed it Bullet, and raised my party to lv10+ here. Bullet was able to evolve to Beedrill
fairly quick! Violet city is just around the corner, and I heard that there was a Gym there...

[Chapter 1 Checklist]

Current party:

Casualties: none

------------------------------------------------------

[Chapter 2]

The first thing that caught my eyes was the Sprout Tower. I heard from some dude that I could get the Flash TM there, so I went straight for it. I also heard that the tower is home to wild Gastlys, and Gastlys make me drool. But guess what? A Rattata
shows up instead. Sigh... well, Jerry, I'll make the most out of you.

I also don't understand why everybody in that tower, save for two, use only Bellsprouts. They blow!

Anyways, I plowed through them with ease, thanks to Cuddles! Getting in a few lucky dodges from Hypnosis was also a plus from the occasional Hoothoot. I bumped into Silver again, but he chickened out real fast with an Escape Rope. Man, what's up with him?

After much preparation, I went ahead and challenged the Violet City Gym.

Falkner: Bring it on!

Falkner sent out Pidgey.

Go! Studmuffin!

used Sand-Attack. Studmuffin's accuracy was lowered!
used Rock Throw. It was super effective! (HP = 0%) Pidgey fainted.

Falkner sent out Pidgeotto.
Switch? Y/N

used Gust. It was not very effective...
used Rock Throw. It was super effective! (HP = 0%) Pidgeotto fainted.

Falkner lost! Gold received the Zephyr Badge.

Well, that wasn't so bad. I was going to use Cuddles against Pidgeotto, but it turned out that lil' Studmuffin was able to handle Pidgeotto fairly well. Anyways, just as I stepped out, I received a call from Elm. It looked like he wanted me to take care of that mystery egg... I went to the Pokemart down the street and picked it up from one of Elm's assistant. A kimono girl appeared as I exited, telling me to take good care of it... how strange.

At any rate, as I walked around Violet City, the egg started to wobble. To my surprise, it hatched into a Togepi!
I nicknamed it Twinkie right away, because it looked so fat and juicy. I decided to box Bullet the Beedrill
for the time being. Now, time to move on!

[Chapter 2 Checklist]

Current party:

Casualties: none

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)