you got owned war story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti

dark saturday
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
After beating some kid's beloved Mamoswine round 1, I proceeded to the entryway for the second round. I glanced about to see where the other Ducks were, hoping to avoid facing one of them so soon.

Fortunately, I was led to my own station and waited for my next opponent.

It was a young boy, 10-14 years old I'd say. He was on a high from winning one round and eagerly awaiting his next match.

We kneeled down on the floor to begin the match. It was inconvenient to stand so everyone just sat down instead.

Out came my leads, shimmering on the screen. Out came his, much less impressive.

He was star-struck by the shiny team he was facing.

He led with a Scizor and Garchomp. I sighed, "another noob who uses OU singles mons."

I debated who to Fake Out first. In the end, I decided to FO his Scizor, allowing the one, the only, SCARFOGRE, to surf into action.

His Scizor was rendered useless. He didn't seem phased by it, however, and waited to undoubtedly strike back.

Unfortunately, the sheer raw power of YOU LOSE the pink-purple whale overwhelmed him. First Garchomp saw its HP drop like there was no tomorrow. It dropped to 0, and the Chomp was down for the count.

Then it sliced his Scizor, dragging its already-diminished HP to nonexistent as well.

He was left dazed and confused. In one turn, both his leads were gone. One Ogre had swept him away, literally.

But he sent in his backup, a slight smirk emerging on his face in anticipation.

Lucario, who I had decimated in round 1, and............ Luxray.

-_-

I contemplated my options. Switch Ogre out to avoid taking what was sure to be a OHKO from Luxray, or trust its Scarf to outspeed that schmuck.

Hitmontop was less of a decision - even if he lost his life, I had enough backup to cover for him.

But since he was SUPERCOOL he stayed in, OHKOing Lucario without a sweat.

My Hitmontop is in the top percentage of all Hitmontop.

YOU LOSE roared mightily. Once again, a full HP Water Spout loomed over my opponent's head.

He didn't seem concerned - surely the Spout would not be significant enough to kill his LUXRAY!!

I didn't even see what happened. I looked behind me to see where zerowing and the other Mighty Ducks were at, hoping none of them were waiting for opponents or I'd have to ask to not fight them.

I heard the death cry of a Pokemon and glanced back at the screens. His Luxray went down, one hit taking it to a watery grave.

The only damage I had sustained was TOPPERCENT's own Life Orb.

He dropped his head and slowly signed off, accepting his defeat.

In two turns, his beloved but weak Pokemon had been decimated.

And I walked on to tell the guy standing at the gateway to the next round not to make me fight zerowing and watched as Huy (or Duy I wasn't paying much attention) said the same thing soon after.

fyi this warstory is sort of for anyone wondering what the first couple rounds will be like.

I have to say

THIS IS BORING AND TALKS ABOUT YOU ONLY BEATING A SMALL BOY

but still A+ because you cheered for me. :D

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Wow, way to get the humour of the post guys. You must be great at parties. Edit: Okay so the humourless posts were deleted making this look stupid.

Yeti

dark saturday
Well it's hard to make two-turning some little kid very interesting.

It's not a troll, I know there's been some interest in what the first few rounds w/ the kids who are here for fun and don't smogon will be like sooo I made a warstory of it.

Might add more details later.

LIKE HOW BADINTENT CUT IN FRONT OF US BECAUSE HE IS A LOSER

i really wish i could get a battle like this at my reg...but tbh i think more than half of the people there will at least know that they can use ubers, and by the time you are in r4 the best 128 people are left and none of them will be like this.

sadly, feathers had to face BI in round 1, and if you think about it a hundred others probably also had tough match ups in round 1, so I don't think we can depend on this for the early rounds

evan

I did my best -- I have no regrets
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
so what happened next??

awaiting the exciting conclusion!

The worst thing is, my friend knows what guy you're talking about. He was kinda husky, had a ponytail, kind of blonde, wore glasses... Is this the guy you're talking about?

My friend, Joey, went to the bathroom and he said a guy was LITERALLY about to cry. The guy was crying about his mamoswine and how he got whipped out on the first few rounds.

His face was all red and he was like "Maaan!!"

That poor kid.. Oh well.

Yeti

dark saturday
i really wish i could get a battle like this at my reg...but tbh i think more than half of the people there will at least know that they can use ubers, and by the time you are in r4 the best 128 people are left and none of them will be like this.

sadly, feathers had to face BI in round 1, and if you think about it a hundred others probably also had tough match ups in round 1, so I don't think we can depend on this for the early rounds
We figured that since we were pretty early in line, the people who cared the most about battling would also be early and therefore we'd face harder opponents round 1.

This only applied r1/r2, r3 I had an opponent whose team looked like something off smogon.

I think as a rule of thumb, if the kid looked 10-15 his team was probably along the lines of this.

I beat Dragonite/Mamoswine/Crobat/Lucario round 1.

and lol @ those taking this "seriously" for whatever reason. I blanked on a good title but whatever. It's just a thread about potential early battles.

The kids were blown away by anything shiny so it was like "lol" I don't think they were focusing on anything but the colors.

tl;dr for the third battle I thought his Bronzong would Trick Room so I killed Aboma, it exploded but Aboma didn't protect so ?_? then he got a Grass Knot crit on poor Ogre :[

edit: no the guy I fought who had a Mamoswine was Asian (I think?? some ethnicity seemed Asian), but the guy who I fought r2 was blondish but he was a skinny guy.

Oh my, I hope that my VGC through round 3 goes that simply... I just know it won't, though... and all my planning will have been for naught!

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
Yeti is a champ in my heart <3

Glad to have finally met the person who crushes so many people online, though its a shame you couldn't keep going, I crushed that guy just for you =].

Well it's hard to make two-turning some little kid very interesting.

It's not a troll, I know there's been some interest in what the first few rounds w/ the kids who are here for fun and don't smogon will be like sooo I made a warstory of it.

Might add more details later.

LIKE HOW BADINTENT CUT IN FRONT OF US BECAUSE HE IS A LOSER
As you know I'm not particularly fond of you, but how come you didn't at least say something when you saw me?

Eh, our shit's pretty under the radar now. May as well bury the hatchet since we both shared pretty much identical experiences. 2 easy wins then dropped by the first Smogon player.

Eh, our shit's pretty under the radar now. May as well bury the hatchet since we both shared pretty much identical experiences. 2 easy wins then dropped by the first Smogon player.
This makes me upset for some reason.

This makes me upset for some reason.
Im pretty sure it wasn't meant to be personal, and wasn't talking about your skill. Probably just how the match ended up with hax or type advantage. But I didn't see the match so I could be wrong =\

Im pretty sure it wasn't meant to be personal, and wasn't talking about your skill. Probably just how the match ended up with hax or type advantage. But I didn't see the match so I could be wrong =\
He got a second turn crit and OHKO'd a pokemon on my team. It was more the dropped by the first Smogon player comment. Because, you know, I'm from Smogon too. But I'm not looking to start anything.

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that Feathers =( I was referring to her story about the two easy wins. I just meant it was similar because I won two games and lost the third. Please don't feel offended!

EDIT: Good God, my choice of words was wrong in that last post =/ I should have said similar not identical. w/e, you get me I'm sure. I posted nothing but good things in your warstory.

Oh no, I didn't mean it like that Feathers =( I was referring to her story about the two easy wins. I just meant it was similar because I won two games and lost the third. Please don't feel offended!
Eh, it's cool. I'm just tired and got home from work. Dunno where you are, but it's 12:30 AM here and I have school in the morning. My mind tends to make me more touchy at night when I'm sleep deprived (like most people I guess).

Yeti

dark saturday
Well I was just never really in range to talk to you BI, you were always like 10-20 people away in line and I feel awkward yelling "HEY INTERNET NAME" over a crowd of people irl lol.
And after the third round I never saw you again or maybe I just missed you, I was standing by the finalist ring thing w/ the Ducks.

Sorry for never saying "hey" to you or Feathers :X once I lost I looked briefly but didn't see either so I was like "eh".

At least the guy I lost to got fourth. Then zerostrong took him out for me ^_^

I wish I had some better stories to tell but the battle I lost was me making a lot of bad move choices/predictions.

Guess that's the problem with not having practiced much with the team. Not to mention I just did inexplicably poorly with Kyogre teams compared to Groudon. Can't figure out why or what the difference is either.

That was so lol. Yeah this is gonna be fun, I'm 13 but I know what I'm doing. Maybe I shouldn't have named my character aqueos.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)