Smogon Premier League - Bidding (Everyone Else)

Status
Not open for further replies.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
After my VGC win I've decided to hold out for a new long term contract with more money.

Show me the money Sonuis.

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
After my VGC win I've decided to hold out for a new long term contract with more money.

Show me the money Sonuis.
You'd have been nothin' without my coaching.

You ain't go be a franchise player, son, because you ain't practicin'.

Did the rulemakers ever specify their stance on:

RBY - Wrap allowed?
GSC - HP Legends allowed? Sleep Trapping allowed? Celebi allowed?
With the exception of HP Legends being allowed(which was changed to be the official policy, perhaps in light of the crazies in Wifi and the fact that rule was based on the improbability of acquiring them in-game), everything is the same as it was in the RBY and GSC tours, which I imagine can be looked up somewhere but I'm not completely sure where.

Hopefully rules are posted with Week 1...

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
The rules will be the same as Smogon Tour rules which can be found by looking at old threads in the Smogon Tour forum. The only change is that HP legends will be allowed in GSC.

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I don't know if this has already been answered somewhere like in the introduction or in this very same thread, but will changes on the tiers be applied if they take place in the middle of the tournament?

I don't know if this has already been answered somewhere like in the introduction or in this very same thread, but will changes on the tiers be applied if they take place in the middle of the tournament?
I heard it was based on whatever is being used on the Ladder at the moment of the tournament.

Folgorio

I KickTehAss
is a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Sorry if this has been answered, but is it going to be just one game per week?
Or like one game per team every week? Also if it is one weekly, what order will the tiers be?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
yeah when the fuck are we getting pairings and RULES jesus fuck guys

RE: shitty rules

Abusing Wrap in RBY is inferior to just having better pokemon on your team. Dragonite is the only one that's even in the realm of usable (both because of Agility and because it's not completely terrible in its own right) and it's still not worth using over a real pokemon. It takes so long to whittle things down with Wrap that it's simply inevitable you'll eventually miss and the "strategy" will fail, kinda like how greedily attempting to boost to +6 slowly while Resting off 4HKOs gets you crit more often than you make it there. You're open to getting beat by prediction if you try to use Hyper Beam as a finisher (otherwise you're stuck Wrapping even longer and have to use a weaker finisher) and it's still hosed by Gengar anyway. That's not to mention the fact it takes good effort for Dragonite to get in an Agility unmolested, since every OU pokémon in RBY packs a sleep move, PAR move, or Body Slam. tl;dr :pirate:

Banning sleep trapping in GSC is pretty scrubby too. Can anyone explain to me how this even became a rule? Curselax shits all over GSC and we've never banned that. It'd be like we banned Skarmory and Blissey in DPP while Latias and Salamence are still terrorizing teams everywhere. Sure, they're annoying, but they're innocuous compared to the top threats in the metagame. It's not like we've shunned NYPC moves in general (hello Growth Jolteon, Lovely Kiss Nidoking and Snorlax), so that's also not an excuse here. It's a bad rule that shouldn't exist.

At least I was able to help push through abolishing the other bad rule... That's a start.

Aeolus

Bag
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Since the ruleset used throughout the history of the Smogon Tour was not static from season to season, I'm going to post the preferred RBY, GSC, and Advance rules here.

One change that I'm making to Smogon Tour rules for GSC and Advance is the removal of Freeze Clause to harmonize it with current practice for DP where similar mechanics prevail. Freeze Clause remains in effect for RBY for obvious reasons

RBY Rules (notice that wrap is allowed)

* No Mewtwo or Mew
* No illegal movesets
* No GSC Tradebacks
* No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, or Guillotine)
* No Evasion moves (No Double Team or Minimize)
* Sleep Clause
* Species Clause
* Freeze Clause
* No Self-KO allowed on last pokemon

GSC Rules (notice, HP legends and Sleep Trapping without Perish Song are allowed)

* No Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, or Celebi
* No illegal movesets
* No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, or Guillotine)
* No Evasion moves (No Double Team or Minimize)
* Sleep Clause
* Species Clause
* No Self-KO allowed on last pokemon
* No Sleep PERISH Trapping

Advance Rules
No Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Wobbuffet/Wynaut, Latias, Latios, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxys (all forms)
No illegal movesets
No OHKO moves (No Horn Drill, Fissure, Guillotine, or Sheer Cold)
No Evasion moves (No Double Team or Minimize)
Sleep Clause
Species Clause
XD moves WILL be allowed
No Self-KO allowed on last pokemon

yeah when the fuck are we getting pairings and RULES jesus fuck guys

RE: shitty rules

Abusing Wrap in RBY is inferior to just having better pokemon on your team. Dragonite is the only one that's even in the realm of usable (both because of Agility and because it's not completely terrible in its own right) and it's still not worth using over a real pokemon. It takes so long to whittle things down with Wrap that it's simply inevitable you'll eventually miss and the "strategy" will fail, kinda like how greedily attempting to boost to +6 slowly while Resting off 4HKOs gets you crit more often than you make it there. You're open to getting beat by prediction if you try to use Hyper Beam as a finisher (otherwise you're stuck Wrapping even longer and have to use a weaker finisher) and it's still hosed by Gengar anyway. That's not to mention the fact it takes good effort for Dragonite to get in an Agility unmolested, since every OU pokémon in RBY packs a sleep move, PAR move, or Body Slam. tl;dr :pirate:

Banning sleep trapping in GSC is pretty scrubby too. Can anyone explain to me how this even became a rule? Curselax shits all over GSC and we've never banned that. It'd be like we banned Skarmory and Blissey in DPP while Latias and Salamence are still terrorizing teams everywhere. Sure, they're annoying, but they're innocuous compared to the top threats in the metagame. It's not like we've shunned NYPC moves in general (hello Growth Jolteon, Lovely Kiss Nidoking and Snorlax), so that's also not an excuse here. It's a bad rule that shouldn't exist.

At least I was able to help push through abolishing the other bad rule... That's a start.
yay!

Aeolus

Bag
Ok i undeleted my earlier post where i indicated the preferred rules for the earlier generations. In some cases, the rules may differ from what is on the site... but I can't edit the site at this moment. I will do that when I get home later.

Aeolus

Bag
Looking at the rules on the site, it appears they only thing different is freeze clause. Freeze clause has been abandoned for all generations other than RBY... but that isn't a huge deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)