Nuzlocke Challenge

Part Seven: For The Birds

Next morning, I headed back out to Route 3, anxiously looking around to avoid Harley, but he was nowhere in sight. Instead, I could see a range of other trainers, with no way of getting through the route without some of them attempting to battle me. With no other choice, my eyes fell upon the first trainer, another girl who looked around my age.

"Excuse me! You looked at me, didn't you?"

I was confused. "I'm confused," I said. "Does it really matter if I was? Besides, you're talking to me now, so I have to look at you..."

"Shut up! Pidgey, go!"

"What? No, no, I don't want to battle over something as silly as this!"

David jumped out around my legs and was ready to pounce. I sighed, and asked David to use his Quick Attack. The Pidgey fought back, but it soon went down, fluttering to the ground by the girl's feet. She took it back, and replaced it with another Pidgey, seemingly identical to the first.

I felt David wouldn't be able to handle another battle, so I called him back and sent Gareth out into the field. The Pidgey did its best, kicking up sand to mask its position, but Gareth wasn't phazed and made short work of the bird with his karate chops.

"Oh... you're mean!" she cried. I turned from her, not wanting to witness the tantrum that seemed imminent.

Throughout Route 3, my team worked tirelessly together, clearly already good friends. Each was there to cover each other, each knew the best course of action in any given scenario. Oscar seemed particularly fond of healing David and Gareth using his Leech Seeds, a tactic I found to be impressive. He'd come a long way from merely charging into any enemy he came across. It was a wonder to behold, and I was becoming more and more proud of my friends by the second.

Leaving the last trainer behind, I came across a patch of grass. Finally, a chance to find another Pokémon! No sooner had I entered the grass when a Spearow flew down from a tree. A bird! It looked different to the Pidgey I had seen, somehow more vicious. It also seemed a little weak, however, and one attack from David was enough to have it panting. I threw a Poké Ball, and a few seconds later, Klaus the Spearow was caught.

"Huh... why are all of my Pokémon male? I'm starting to feel a bit left out here!"

Despite this, I liked Klaus from the start. He was a little Timid, but soon warmed up to the rest of us. We set off along our way, Klaus perched upon Gareth's head. The sight was absolutely adorable.

There were no more trainers to stop us, so we soon arrived at the Pokémon Centre at the foot of Mt. Moon. Instincts told me to stop and rest, but curiosity drove me inside the cave. No harm in a quick peek, right?

I walked around, taking in my surroundings and making sure to keep the entrance in plain view. No need to get lost just yet, right? Despite the relative darkness, I could see many Pokémon moving around the area. The closest was hanging from a rock that jutted out overhead. The Pokédex beeped.

"Zubat, the Bat Pokémon. This Pokémon relies on ultrasonic cries for navigation and battling," I read off the screen. "I guess this is the first Pokémon I saw in the area... let's see what I can do."

I sent out Klaus, eager to see how he handled himself in battle. Clicking his beak, he swooped up towards the Zubat, pecking it sharply. The Zubat seemed confused, and spent some time fluttering around in circles before apparently finding its bearings. It flew at Klaus, doing its best to bite him, but barely even ruffled a feather, missing completely. Klaus delivered another peck, and Zubat was forced back to its perch to rest. Quickly taking an empty Poké Ball from my bag, I threw it up into the air, and the Zubat was sucked inside. It barely put up a fight, and I picked up the ball where it had fallen to the ground in order to take a look at it.

The Pokédex beeped again, registering the new data. I noticed something interesting about this particular Zubat...

"You're female! Yay!"

I smiled at the Zubat, glad that I wouldn't be accompanied solely by males.

"I'm going to call you... Gemma," I said, allowing her to hop onto my forearm. "You don't mind being surrounded by a load of guys, right?"

Gemma gave a small flutter of her wings, which I took to mean, "well, if I must". While she wasn't badly hurt from Klaus's attacks, I still felt it'd be best to rest before attempting to find my way through the cave; I had no idea how long the path was. Leaving the cave without further mishap, I was pleased with how the day had gone so far. I had two new companions, and although there had been some close calls, nothing had gone badly wrong since I left Pallet Town. I could only hope that things would stay that way.

End of Part Seven

Current Team:

Oscar the male Bulbasaur (Level 14), Quirky Nature (neutral)
Ability: Overgrow
Moveset: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed

Gareth the male Mankey (Level 12), Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
Ability: Vital Spirit
Moveset: Scratch, Leer, Low Kick, Karate Chop

David the male Rattata (Level 11), Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
Ability: Run Away
Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

Klaus the male Spearow (Level 6), Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset: Peck, Growl

Gemma the female Zubat (Level 9), Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset: Leech Life, Astonish

Boxed Pokémon (Alive):

Dead Pokémon:

Pokémon Centre Used: 9 times

Nuzlocke's Challenge

Hello, i read nuzlocke's challenge and it sounds fun. Me and my bro are playing thru under these rules. I am playing on SS and he is on Gold. i have started over once already... a pidgey crit me 2wice in a row. for your list, put me as topdog758, obviously, and put my bro as DaStunMan. thanks

Ok, time to start my FR run of Nuzlock. The rules I will use are as follows:

~ If a Pokemon faints, it will be dead, unable for use and shall rot in a box forever.
~ Healing Items of any kind are disallowed
~ Only the first pokemon encountered on a route (excluding Legendary Pokemon) is able to be captured and used. I will capture others for the purpose of filling the Pokedex, but those will be released
~Pokeballs may be bought at any time
~Running out of Pokemon will cause an instant Game Over
~Pokemon Centers will be used as little as possible
~Updates will be posted in the form of a story based off of the Pokemon Adventures Manga, but altered to fit what happens in my game

Well, that seems to be about it, I'll go start now!

Say guys, are most of you buying Pokeballs freely or only using ones you find?
Personally, I'm buying them freely (though I've only used the original five so far), and at a guess I'd say that most people are doing the same. It's up to the individual whether they implement that particular rule; if you feel like adding an extra challenge, then do so. :)

Almost getting a Game Over before I reach the first gym isn't encouraging to say the least...

Revolution, I say that it doesn't matter.

Anyways, I should have the first part up sometime soon, though it only goes up to Viridian Forest.

Say guys, are most of you buying Pokeballs freely or only using ones you find?
Only the ones I find. Missing out on Absol on Ruby hurts a lot. But that's the price you gotta pay...

Oh i've not been put on the first page (Using the original rules with a no pokeballs buying).

Time for update #3 of Flamestrike's Nuzlocke challenge! Plenty of interesting stuff in this chapter, both good and bad.
Update #1
Update #2

Continued through Ilex Forest, met the Kimono Girl and taught Matty Headbutt. Went back to Azalea and got a female Spearow (Laura) off a tree. Advanced to the next route, started battling trainers, and Matty evolved into Togetic! Caught a female Drowzee (Kaila), then headed into Goldenrod. Got a male Abra at the Game Corner (Tyler), then went back to grind it until it evolved into Kadabra and caught up to the rest of the team, giving me my 6th member. Battled my way through the Underground and Route 35, caught a male Nidoran (Zach) there. Battled the trainers in the National Park without running into a Pokemon (waiting for the Bug Catching Contest tomorrow), then tragedy struck. Fighting the Psychic on Route 36, I used Andrew's Bite attack to quickly dispatch his first two Abra. Then Kadabra came out, and overconfident from the ease with which I destroyed his first two Pokemon, I went for the kill with Bite. One Confusion later, and I found myself staring at the dead body of my beloved Zubat :( Although saddened by the loss, I went on, finishing the Route (evolving Melinda into Weepinbell in the process) then going back to get the Radio Card and beat Whitney, Jill making the job a cinch with Rock Smash. That's where I stand now, once again with only 5 Pokemon. I could use one of my boxed Pokemon, but I want a Water type, ideally a Chinchou. Of course there's no guarantee I'll get him, but I do need a Water type or else I have no chance against Lance.

Alive:
Sara the female Pidgeotto: Level 21, Relaxed nature
-Whirlwind
-Sand-Attack
-Gust
-Quick Attack
My team leader, Sara is easy to anger but a great friend nonetheless. Her and Melinda have become best friends and she gets along well with the entire team. Saddened by the loss of Andrew on top of her early friends, she is determined to prevent the deaths of anymore of her friends.

Melinda the female Weepinbell: Level 21, Lax nature
-Vine Whip
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Poison Powder
Melinda has taken over as one of my key Pokemon with the loss of Corey and Nick. She is best friends with Sara, and feels guilty about not treating Andrew with respect during his stay with the team. She will be a key player down the road, with status powders and decent stats.

Matty the male Togetic: Level 21, Quiet nature
-Roost
-Fire Blast
-Extrasensory
-Headbutt
No longer a baby, Matty could be considered a peacekeeper of sorts for the team now. Still quiet, he only talks when necessary, usually when there's some sort of argument. A good improvement to his stats, combined with a major movepool upgrade will make him a major powerhouse in the future.

Jill the female Geodude: Level 22, Rash nature
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Protect
-Rock Smash
Jill is the powerhouse of my team at the moment, with great power and good moves. She is much quieter since Andrew's death, shutting most of the rest of the team out. Only Tyler seems to be able to communicate with her at all. Despite that, she single-handedly defeated Whitney and will be an amazing teammate for a long time.

Tyler the male Kadabra: Level 21, Bashful nature
-Teleport
-Confusion
-Disable
Tyler is extremely wise, but also extremely quiet, almost never communicating. He has reached out to Jill however, realizing that she needs a friend in the wake of Andrew's death. Even with only Confusion for an attack, he is one of my if not my strongest attacker, and it will probably stay that way for a while.

Boxed:
Catherine the female Caterpie: Level 4, Lax nature
Laura the female Spearow: Level 3, Sassy nature
Kaila the female Drowzee: Level 10, Modest nature
Zach the male Nidoran: Level 12, Lax nature

Dead:
Corey the male Cyndaquil: Level 13, Mild nature
-Quick Attack
-Leer
-Smokescreen
-Ember
Though shy, Corey was brave and always willing to stand up for his friends. He was my first Pokemon and I had hoped to have him along for the entire challenge. Unfortunately, Falkner ended those hopes with a critical hit Tackle from Pidgeotto that took me by surprise and ended my starter's life. RIP

Nick the male Rattata: Level 12, Mild nature
-Rock Smash
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Bite
Nick was the troublemaker of the group, but he was always ready to fight for his friends and was really close to Corey. After Corey's death I figured Nick was my best bet to finish off Falkner's Pidgeotto, but Roost gave it just enough time to kill Nick. RIP

Andrew the male Zubat: Level 20, Careful nature
-Wing Attack
-Supersonic
-Astonish
-Bite
Andrew was the oddball of the group, and sometimes got on everyone's nerves, especially Melinda, who disliked him. However, the rest of the team liked him, and he became close friends with Jill. Sadly, he was a victim of my overconfidence, and was beaten by a Kadabra's Confusion before he had the chance to do anything. RIP

Sorry I haven't been updating lately. I've been stuck with coursework, but I'm back!

To recap here's what my team looks like after our last update:
Furnace the Quilava (Male)
Geodudette the Geodude (Female)
Squeaks the Rattata (Female)
Lambsy the Flaaffy (Female)
Woopa the Wooper (Male)

In ze box:
Fairy the Togapi (Male)
Ze Bat the Zubat (Male)
Handy the Aipom (Male)
Ordish the Oddish (Female)

Dead (R.I.P):
Butterkill the Butterfree (Male) Levels 5 - 17

Yeah...now I had the terrible job of replacing my tactical pokemon.

I went back to Route 34, since I hadn't seen any wild pokemon while there. I caught Disco the Drowsy (Believe me that nickname will be a lot better went it evolves. Believe me!).
Disco relpaces Butterkill's Psychic abilities and Sleep inducing technique. I still had to find a replacment for Butterkill's flying ability.

Route 35. Not much really happened here, I have to admit. Apart for training up my Pokemon, the only other item worth of note was me catching a Nidoran(Male) who I called Poisonking.

Ah...the National Park. Here I fought some trainers getting Disco up to about the same level as the rest of my main pokemon. The first Pokemon I discovered in the grass, was a Metapod.
I was soo tempted to catch it. I desperately missed Butterkill. I eventually decided against it.

On Route 36, I met a large tree. T'was an interesting tree. It did a merry jig when ever people were watching. I got out the Squrtbottle. Or I would have if I hadn't left it in Goldenrod City.
After some embarrassing back tracking later... I got out the Squrtbottle! It's time to water the plant! The tree seemed to be allergic to water. Then a movie was made. "ATTACK OF THE KILLER TREE!! (TM)".
Sudowoodo attacked. I sent out Geodudette. They were both the same level. Damn my training clause -_- . A couple of Rock smashes managed to get it down to good health for catching.
I decided to use an Ultra Ball. Didn't want to waste a lot of pokeballs by not catching it first time. Woodo the Sudowoodo now joined the team.

I caught a surprising catch on route 37. I caught a Pidgey! Yes, my first Pidgey of the game after three gyms! Aquila the Pidgey joined the team, replacing Butterkill's fly prowess.

That's it I'm afraid. Sorry for a short update. Usually I get a Gym per update.

Anyway here's the team roster:
Furnace the Quilava (Male)
Geodudette the Geodude (Female)
Squeaks the Rattata (Female)
Lambsy the Flaaffy (Female)
Woopa the Wooper (Male)
Disco the Drowsy (Male)

In ze box:
Fairy the Togapi (Male)
Ze Bat the Zubat (Male)
Handy the Aipom (Male)
Ordish the Oddish (Female)
Poisonking the Nidoran (Male)
Woodo the Sudowoodo (Male)
Aquila the Pidgey (Male)

Dead (R.I.P):
Butterkill the Butterfree (Male) Levels 5 - 17

Tetrinity, yours is my favourite of the new stories :) Keep it up!

I'm also yearning for a new EvilBob or Res Ipsa update... guyyyyyys?

The sun was shining brightly in a clear blue sky as Duke and I set out along route 29 to begin our grand adventure. The weather seemed almost reassuring, encouraging us forward. It was the kind of day where nothing could possibly go wrong.

A flock of pidgey flew past overhead, and one of them drifted down to land in front of us, pecking at something.

*beep* <Wild Pidgey encountered. Registered to trainer Card for Route 29>

"What?!" I looked down at my pokégear, momentarily confused. "Registered to...wait, that's not fair! I don't have any pokéballs! How am I supposed to catch it?"

The pokégear, naturally, didn't respond.

"Okay, Duke, this stupid pidgey just lost us our chance to catch anything here....so let's use it to get some battle practice! Show me your scratch attack!"

Duke charged forward obediently, the wild pidgey barely having a chance to look up before his claws dug into it. It let out a scream of pain and surprise and flew into the air, circling around to build up speed before tacking Duke head-on. It was a solid hit - he winced in pain, but clawed at it again, knocking it out of the air.

"All right! Way to go, Duke!" Duke seemed pretty content with his victory, but was holding his side where the pidgey tackled him. A brief examination revealed he would probably have a bruise but nothing serious. "Come on, champ, I'll carry you to Cherrygrove."

The rest of the walk was uneventful, which I was grateful for - Duke could probably take out another pidgey but I didn't want to risk it, and he really seemed to enjoy riding on my back. It wasn't long before we arrived, and we took a short break to do some sightseeing with a nice old man before resting for lunch at the pokémon center. By the time we set out again the sun was beginning it's downward climb - we would probably make it to Mr. Pokémon's house by dark if we didn't get too sidetracked. Duke was feeling better after our break, though, so we set out a quick pace, eager to press
onward.

We couldn't have been walking 20 minutes before Duke stopped, staring at a patch of grass. Without warning, another wild pidgey came charging out at him to attack!

The pokégear beeped again, warning me that this was my only shot to catch anything on route 30. Unfortunately, Cherrygrove's mart had been out of stock of pokéballs (how does that even happen?!) so I felt a sinking feeling of deja vu.

I was pretty sure I was going to come to hate pidgeys.

Alive: Duke (Totodile)
Boxed: None
Dead: None
Missed: Pidgey, Pidgey

Starting a run on SoulSilver!

~ If a Pokemon faints, it will be dead, unable for use and shall rot in a box forever.
~ Only the first pokemon encountered on a route (excluding Legendary Pokemon) is able to be captured and used. I will capture others for the purpose of filling the Pokedex, but those will be released
~Pokeballs may be bought at any time
~Running out of Pokemon will cause an instant Game Over

Part 1: And so it begins...

Ernest the young lad of who-knows-what-age (I'm guessing 10, but you never know. I know them people in Ruby must be under 13 because only a kid would walk outdoors in public with that hat.). Since I've played my last two games using Cyndaquil and Chikorita, I'm gonna give Totodile a try this time!

Meet Fang the Totodile!

Upon quick inspection, he (yes it's a he, thank you genetically stacked starters!) seems to be... Jolly! Ah, lovely. Picking up the pre-requisite Potions, I head out, and bump into creepy stalker Lyra. I'm glad she's not a pseudo-rival like Dawn/Lucas was- imagine fighting her in that giant hat and that creepy stalker Marill (whom I assume to be a he).

Aaaanyway, moving along, Route 29 goes by easily enough, with Fang ripping up everything with Scratches. The first thing I find is a Sentret, which would have been kinda useless anyhow.

Somehow or another, made it to Mr. Pokemon's House and back without running into anything. Score! I can catch something here later.

Anyway, got the Egg and the Pokedex from Oak, then of course, got the important call from Elm. Somehow I wonder why the beginner towns never have any more experienced trainers than 10-year-old kids with level 5-6 Pokemon. I mean, even Cinnabar, probably the dinkiest island ever in the games, had at least trainers- grown-up ones at that- with something at least level 30. Hmmm.

On the way, bumped into Rival (henceforth known as Ray). Chikorita seemed to like Growling for eternity, leading to a quick Scratchfest to level 8.

Finished the 'investigation'- again, when you have to interrogate kids about a break-in, you need better security. Of course, everyone seems to assume that if a Pokeball containing a Pokemon is on the ground it's free-for-all (see: Celadon City's Eevee), so maybe Ray's not entirely to blame.

After getting the requisite catching tutorial from CreepyLyra, it's time to move on! First things first; Route 46 where I'll hopefully get something good.

And... it's a Spearow! Nifty. One Pokeball later and it turns out the newly christened Zephyr is Rash. Ehhh... could be worse, like Modest. I suppose being Rash fits Spearow at least.

Moved up Route 30, cleaning out the dinky trainers, and nabbing Stinger the Rash Weedle in the process! The first thing I found on Route 31 was a Weedle, no prize for that so I just Pecked it to death. I did manage to grab a Geodude in Dank Cave, whom shall promptly be named Parry, and is also Quirky. Neutral natures are better than something useless like Quiet, I suppose. Decided to spend a bit of time training Stinger in the grass to evolve it to a Kakuna at least, and this happened:

Pidgey used Tackle!
It's a critical hit!
Stinger fainted!

Nooooo!

Less than an hour and already the first casuality... *sigh* Ah well Stinger, it's not like you had anything useful going for you anyway, except maybe some weird AgilitySwarm X-Scissor thing.

Picked up Rock Smash on Route 36 to, to teach to Parry.

Violet City went by rather swimmingly as well- Zephyr cleared out Sprout Tower easily enough, gaining a few healthy levels in the process and learning Leer and Fury Attack (haha). Also snagged Rats the Lonely Rattata. Flash is useless since nothing I have can learn it. Maybe I'll find a Bellsprout or Mareep later on.

I'll end it here for now! The first few chapters are gonna be kinda rushed, but hopefully it'll slow down soon. I have a lot of time, at least!

Current Team:

Fang: level 9 Male, Jolly, Torrent
Scratch
Leer
Water Gun
Rage

Zephyr: level 8 Male, Rash, Keen Eye
Peck
Growl
Leer
Fury Attack

Rats: level 3 Male, Lonely, Run Away
Tackle
Tail Whip

Parry: level 4 Male, Quirky, Sturdy
Tackle
Defense Curl
Rock Smash
Mud Sport

Deaths:

Stinger: level 6 Male, Rash, Shield Dust
Poison Sting
String Shot

Death by Pidgey

Just a warning to you all, my Nuzlock challenge is going to take a while because when I write the updates, it's going to be an actual story, nothing rushed. From when you start the game to when you receive your first Pokemon is 700 words, so each chapter is going to be long. Yes, I changed some of the characterization and some of the dialogue, but if you don't like that, don't read it.

(I swear, if I get a game over, I'm going to be really mad...)

-ULTRA UPDATE!!!-

I know it's been a long time, but Pokemon FireRed Nuzlocke is back! It's been a while, so here's a quick recap:

In the last episode, We did a large number of things:

- Defeated my Rival for the Third Round!
- Went to Cerulean Cape, Interrupted some love-birds and Saved Bill!
- Defeated Misty at the Cerulean Gym!
- Went on a Boat!
- Defeated my Rival for the Forth Time!!
- Got HM Cut for the Captain!

Here's my team for the Gym:
Saur the Ivysaur
Funky the Mankey
Butterkill the Butterfree
PinCushion the Beedrill
Ze Bat the Zubat
Diggit the Diglett

In Box:

Aquila the Pidgeotto
Purrfect the Meowth

Deceased:
R.I.P Snake the Ekans

That leaves us outside Vermilian Gym, ready to do battle with the Electric Demons inside.

And that it for this weeks update! See you next time on Pokemon FireRed!

Just kidding! Here's Vermillian Gym.

I sped through the trainers with Funky and Diggit. The Switches were annoying though!

Next up Surge, LT.Surge! I led with Diggit and he lead with Voltorb. A Critical Hit Dig later and the Voltorb went flying! LT.Surge sent out his Pikachu. I, on the other hand, decided to stick with Diggit. One-hit K.O. number 2!

Me, being the confident fool, decided to keep out Diggit. Surge sent out his delightful Raichu. I used Dig. On the first turn, Raichu used Double Team and did the same on the second turn. My Diggit hit I'm good but it's Static Paralysed Diggit.

The next time, Raichu used Quick attack, getting Diggit's health to half and Diggit was fully Paralysed. I should have switched but I'm an idiot, of course. Raichu being quicker and using Quick attack, Diggit was done for.

Who to send out next? ...

Saur seemed like the logical option at the time. Raichu started off with Shockwave. Saur took the hit but missed with Sleep Powder. Raichu used Double team... making my life a misery.
Saur missed with the second Sleep Powder. Raichu used another Shockwave. Saur used Sleep Powder. Guess what? No, have a guess! It missed again. I tried it once more but it missed. I then tried leech seed. Raichu evaded the attack!
I prayed for Saur's life and chose one last Sleep Powder. Another Shockwave. Saur was hit. One HP left!! Then Saur used Sleep Powder. At last, a hit! But I sighed. Surge had a Full Heal, didn't he?
Surge used a Full Heal. Raichu was awake... or was he? Saur used another sleep powder and (With an One Million to One chance) hit! Raichu went back to his snooze!
I returned Saur (1HP) and sent out Ze Bat! Suicide, I know. But Ze bat managed to score a hit using Supersonic!!! I then switch Ze Bat out. It's time to get Funky! I sent out Funky to the Raichu sleeping on the job. Raichu woke up but Hit itself!
Surge annoyingly used a Super Potion. Raichu was still hitting itself though! Funky managed to score a Karate Chop but got paralysed for it. Raichu managed to fire a Shockwave through the confusion. Funky survived with 15HP and managed to return fire.
Karate CHOP! It hit! What were the chances of that?! Funky managed to take out his Raichu!

I got the Thunder Badge but I lost a new companion, who I could not have done this without him.

So here's my team:
Saur the Ivysaur
Funky the Mankey
PinCushion the Beedrill
Ze Bat the Zubat
Aquila the Pidgeotto

In Box:
Purrfect the Meowth

Deceased:
R.I.P Snake the Ekans
R.I.P Diggit the Diglett

Now We're on the Road to Cerulean City!... Again!
At Cerulean City, I got a Bicycle! "Bicycle Race! Bicycle Race! I want to ride my Bicycle!" There! We did it! The Obligatory Bicycle Race reference.

Onto Route... uh what route am I on??? Ah! Route 9! Picnicker Alicia started of with an Ordish which would not stop using Sweet Scent. Ze Bat used Supersonic and then Continued with Bites.
BUT since it had been hit with so many sweet scents, the Ordish managed to hit with Stun Spore. Next was a Bellsprout, who I hoped wouldn't use any more sweet scent!
At the first round of battle, Ze Bat got wrapped. It did however managed to use the ever so annoying Supersonic! But in the second turn was too paralysed to do anything.
Man, that Bellsprout was Hax...! At last, my Zubat was free but with 1HP and Paralysis. I decided to switch to PinCushion! It's Poison Stings were like a hot knife through butter! Bellsprout tried to use sleep powder but failed. Until after the next turn.
After a Hax long sleep, PinCushion finished it off with Cut!
Alice sent out her second Ordish. I counter with Butterkill! Two confusions later and Ordish fainted! She had one more Bellsprout left, so I sent out Aquila. One Gust = K.O.!

This battle is just to go and show that trainer battles are not that boring!

My next opponent was Hiker Jeremy. He started with a Machop and I started with Aquila. He started out using Seismic Toss but after two Gusts, it fainted! His Onix quickly followed suit and was defeated by Funky!

The Next battle was about "Burn, Baby Burn! Disco Inferno!" as we came up against Camper Chris, who really shouldn't be playing with fire. He started with a Growlithe and I started with Funky. I have no water pokemon yet... or ground... anymore.
Three Mega Punches later and the Growlithe fell. He then sent out a Charmander!!! I sent out Aquila because Funky had been leered and intimidated to death (Not literal death, of course!)!
I used three Sand-Attacks and then the Slaughter began! After Spamming Quick-Attacks, Aquila was victorious!

Next in line was Bug Catcher Brent, who had two Beedrills. They both fell to the mighty Butterkill! Next!

I then came up against Bug Catcher Conner. He had a level 20 Caterpie and Weedle. Do I need to say anymore? To be fair to him, he did have a Venonat! Ze Bat took out his Caterpie, Butterkill defeated his Weedle and PinCushion destroyed his Venonat!

Man this route has a lot of Trainers! Next are Camper Drew and his squad. His Rattata and 'Shrew's were taken out by a Karate Chopping Funky. Butterkill finished off his Zubat with Confusion. But a poison sting poisoned Funky! NOOO! It's like the Weedles of Varidian Forest again!
Funky managed to hold on till we got to the Pokemon Centre!

Hiker Alan came next on the agenda. He had a Geodude and Onix. A standard team for a Hiker. Funky took out Geodude and Saur defeated his Onix.

The next trainer, Hiker Brice came in with his two Geodudes and Machop. Saur whipped the Geodudes into submission. Aquila took out Machop.

The last trainer (Finally) on the route, was Picnicker Caitlin with her Meowth. Funky was not amused by it and defeated it easily after Meowth scratched her.

Huzah! We reached the Pokemon Centre! Now it's time to heal up before heading for the Dreaded Rock Tunnel.

Picnicker Heidi was my last battle before the Rock Tunnel. She sent out Pikachu and I responded with Saur. After that, she sent out Clafairy and I sent out Funky. Now, onward to the tunnel!

Sorry, can that wait till later? I need to prepare myself for the nightmare that is the Rock Tunnel. It serves no Purpose!!!

My Team up to this point:
Saur the Ivysaur
Funky the Mankey
PinCushion the Beedrill
Ze Bat the Zubat
Aquila the Pidgeotto

In Box:
Purrfect the Meowth

Deceased:
R.I.P Snake the Ekans
R.I.P Diggit the Diglett

- Will I even start the Rock Tunnel?
- Will I get through the Rock Tunnel with my sanity intact?
- Will I ever get my Sandwich?

Find out the answer to most of these questions next time on Pokemon FireRed!

Check out my Playlist to catch up on my Nuzlocke run of Moemon Emerald!

Episode 20: TIME WARP
Due to technical difficulties and me not learning my lesson, you get to miss out on some mostly unexciting trainer battles and skip on to Meteor Falls. One pokemon caught off screen during the broken recording and we finally advance the plot some. Onward to Mt. Chimney!

Episode 21: Aaxie and Mrchie
You'll understand the title (maybe) as you watch the segment. We head up to Mt.Chimney and beat the snot out of some pirates and occult members. Then we get some DELICIOUS cookies. Soon we'll get to the next town and fight Flannery The Flamer.

Team Pre and Post Episodes 20-21

Those who have died
AKA - MS Rival's Torchic
AKA - Tailow or Super Tailow Brawly's Makuhita

Part 2: Wings, Bugs, and other stuff

Picking up from where we left off, I headed into the Violet Gym, taking the opportunity to give Parry some training. Rock Smash ahoy!

Spearow Trainer was easy enough. Rock Smash ahoy!

Pidgey trainer was more annoying, since he kept spamming Sand-Attack. I eventually just switched him out on the 2nd Pidgey to Fang because I kept missing.

Falkner was... pretty easy, actually. I used his Pidgey to build up Fang's Rage and slowly pumelled him down. Pidgeotto wasn't that much harder, either- a few Rages and Scratches brought it down, despite his attempts to Roost himself free.

Picked up the Egg, which I'd count as my Pokemon from Violet.

Route 31, aside from grabbing the Miracle Seed, also nabbed me a level 4 Female Ekans that, disappointingly enough, had Shed Skin. Well, I'm not sure I'll have much use for Hiss, but we'll see. Fang evolved into a Croconaw in the meantime, and Parry and Zephyr got some much needed levelling up. Also got the Poison Barb- mostly useless. Oh Stinger, if only you were still here...

Union Cave! And the first thing I see is... a Geodude. Nah. Water Gun away! Fang ripped through the place. The route next to Azalea gave me... another Spearow. No thanks.

After a quick intro by Kurt (I think there's some conspiracy in the Pokemon world. Why are there always grandparents like Professor Oak and Kurt around, and grandkids like Kurt's grandaughter and Gary, but never any parents? Hmm... be careful Professor Birch. Someone might be coming to get you soon.. though maybe the fact you wear shorts and slippers might protect you.), it's off to Slowpoke Well!

Well, that just oozed of enthusiasm, didn't it? Anyway...

Parry just bulldozed through the place, especially after learning Rock Throw, awesome! I also picked up a level 5 Female Zubat named Zuzu, who's... Rash. I really can't say anything. Zephyr's more useful, Zuzu, so I think you'll be going in the box soon. Preston himself wasn't difficult, Fang easily brought him down.

Azalea Gym was an easy walk in the park for Zephyr and Parry. Bugsy was a bit more difficult though- Parry easily brought down Metapod, but Kakuna was a pain because it kept poisoning Parry, forcing me to use Antidotes and Potions to prevent Scyther from knocking me out with U-Turn when it came back in.

Scyther came in... and used Focus Energy. Oh well. One Rock Throw later, and I've gotten my 2nd badge.

Okay, time for Ilex... oh hi Ray. Come to get beat up again?

Zephyr handled Gastly easily enough- Peck away! Learned Pursuit straight after beating Gastly, too. Awesome, now you can smack Morty around too!

Zubat was up next- I wanted to save Zephyr for Bayleef, so switched to Parry, laughed at Astonish, and brought it down with Rock Throw.

Bayleef's up. Hmm... Zuzu has a 4x resistance to Grass, right? Maybe I can try...

Ouch! Razor Leaf brought it down to 1hp. Switch, quick!

Ow, did a number on Zephyr too. This could take a while. Peck ends up doing only about 25%, and Bayleef's happily throwing out Synthesis and Poisonpowder, and Reflect too. Grr. What ensues is a long stall war with my Potions and Antiodes while he burns away his Synthesises and keeps poisoning me.

Eventually, it was left with Zephyr at 20hp, poisoned, and Bayleef at about 1/4 health. I figured that Razor Leaf was dealing about 14-15 damage and Zephyr takes 4 damage from poison, so even if Bayleef survives the Peck, I should be able to survive, right?

Zephyr used Peck!
It's super effective!

Hmm, Bayleef's still standing. Well, no matter, I can take...

Bayleef used Razor Leaf!
Zephyr was left with 1hp!

...Wait, what? I... oh drat... Overgrow.

Zephyr took damage from poison!
Zephyr fainted!

NOOOOOOO!

Fang promptly brought Bayleef down with Rage, but the damage was done. I had lost my main flyer... darn.

Mourned Zephyr and grabbed a level 6 Female Paras in Ilex Forest. Well Sporeder (it's cool, admit it), let's see. Dry Skin, not bad, and... Modest? Seriously? Just because you learn Giga Drain doesn't mean you have to attempt to be good at it!

Seriously, what is it with all these physical Pokes having +Sp.Attk natures? Only Fang's got a good nature so far.

Well, got Cut and taught it to Sporeder, along with Bullet Seed and gave her the Miracle Seed (Well.. I suppose I could use her to blast Woopers to death?).

And that's it for now! Now here comes the problem of finding a replacement for Zephyr- Zuzu just doesn't cut it, honestly. Maybe I'll find a Pidgey somewhere.

Team:

Sporeder, level 6 Female, Dry Skin, Modest@Miracle Seed
Cut
Stun Spore
Poisonpowder
Bullet Seed

Fang, level 19 Male, Torrent, Jolly@Shell Bell (picked this up at Route 32)
Scary Face
Bite
Water Gun
Rage

Parry, level 17 Male, Sturdy, Quirky
Rock Throw
Rock Smash
Magnitude
Defense Curl

Zuzu, level 6 Female, Rash, Inner Focus
Leech Life
Supersonic

Hiss, level 4 Male, Hasty, Shed Skin
Wrap
Leer
Poison Sting

Box:

Rats, level 3 Male, Lonely, Run Away
Tackle
Tail Whip

Deaths:

Stinger, level 6 Male, Rash, Shield Dust
Poison Sting
String Shot

Death by Pidgey

Zephyr, level 14 Male, Rash, Keen Eye
Peck
Pursuit
Leer
Fury Attack

Death by Bayleef

Time for update #4 of Flamestrike's Nuzlocke challenge! Big update here, lots of stuff to deal with.
Update #1
Update #2
Update #3

Caught Sudowoodo (male, Eric), then continued to Ecruteak, helped out the Kimono Girl at the Dance Theater and got Surf, then got Strength. Caught a male Machop in Mt. Mortar (Houston), a male Mankey in Route 42 (Dylan), and a female Flaffy in Route 43 (Natasha). Backtracked and went to the Burnt Tower, which I now rename the Bloody Tower. Caught a new Rattata, this one female (Jenn), then fought Silver. Destroyed Gastly and Zubat with Tyler, then Croconaw came out. Knowing that I couldn't OHKO it and knowing that Bite would OHKO Tyler, I went to Melinda, and Bite gets a critical hit -_- I could still live another Bite or two, so I decided to put it to sleep in order to have enough time to kill it with Vine Whip. Sleep Powder misses, and Croconaw gives me a nice little reminder about Ice Fang, finishing off Melinda. Stunned, I still finish the battle, but the losses weren't done. Going to fight the second Firebreather (the one with the Charmeleon), I decide to fight it with Sara. Smokescreen makes me miss two of three Quick Attacks, and Charmeleon lowers my health slowly. I knock it into the red, and then it uses Dragon Rage out of nowhere. Sara had 38 HP. Needless to say, I was shocked. My two longest-serving members, gone just like that. After releasing the legendary beasts, I left the Bloody Tower, needing replacements for two more members. I decided to use Houston as a 4th, and after teaching it some moves and grinding it to par with the rest of my team (catching a Magnemite, Jillian, in the process), I brought the entire team to 25 (evolving Jill in the process), and took down Morty, mercifully without incident. Next, Olivine and Cianwood!

Alive:
Matty the male Togetic: Level 25, Quiet nature
-Roost
-Fire Blast
-Extrasensory
-Headbutt
Matty has gone from the baby of the group to the leader, and while he was saddened by the loss of Sara and Melinda, he has stepped into his role well. Still a peacekeeper for the group and a strong battler, Matty will be key as the challenge continues.

Jill the female Graveler: Level 25, Rash nature
-Magnitude
-Rock Throw
-Protect
-Rock Smash
Still a powerhouse, Jill is now dealing with the deaths of Sara and Melinda on top of Andrew. However, thanks to the the efforts of Matty and Tyler, she is once again becoming her friendly self. Although her moveset hasn't changed in a while, her evolution only cements her powerhouse status within my team.

Tyler the male Kadabra: Level 25, Bashful nature
-Teleport
-Confusion
-Psybeam
-Shadow Ball
Tyler isn't quite as quiet anymore, bonding with Jill and helping Matty to lead the team. With its brand new Ghost-type toy and a better Psychic-type move, Tyler will have plenty of chances to inflict damage on my opponents.

Houston the male Machop: Level 25, Relaxed nature
-Payback
-Strength
-Revenge
-Dig
Originally meant to be a spare, Houston was forced into action with the deaths of Sara and Melinda. He still hasn't bonded with any of the group, but he can hold his own in battle. Good thing too, because the entire team expects him to live up to the legacy of those he replaces.

Boxed:
Catherine the female Caterpie: Level 4, Lax nature
Laura the female Spearow: Level 3, Sassy nature
Kaila the female Drowzee: Level 10, Modest nature
Zach the male Nidoran: Level 12, Lax nature
Justin the male Kakuna: Level 13, Careful nature
Eric the male Sudowoodo: Level 20, Lax nature
Dylan the male Mankey: Level 15, Docile nature
Natasha the female Flaffy: Level 16, Mild nature
Jenn the female Rattata: Level 15, Bashful nature
Jillian the genderless Magnemite: Level 16, Jolly nature

Dead:
Corey the male Cyndaquil: Level 13, Mild nature
-Quick Attack
-Leer
-Smokescreen
-Ember
Though shy, Corey was brave and always willing to stand up for his friends. He was my first Pokemon and I had hoped to have him along for the entire challenge. Unfortunately, Falkner ended those hopes with a critical hit Tackle from Pidgeotto that took me by surprise and ended my starter's life. RIP

Nick the male Rattata: Level 12, Mild nature
-Rock Smash
-Tail Whip
-Quick Attack
-Bite
Nick was the troublemaker of the group, but he was always ready to fight for his friends and was really close to Corey. After Corey's death I figured Nick was my best bet to finish off Falkner's Pidgeotto, but Roost gave it just enough time to kill Nick. RIP

Andrew the male Zubat: Level 20, Careful nature
-Wing Attack
-Supersonic
-Astonish
-Bite
Andrew was the oddball of the group, and sometimes got on everyone's nerves, especially Melinda, who disliked him. However, the rest of the team liked him, and he became close friends with Jill. Sadly, he was a victim of my overconfidence, and was beaten by a Kadabra's Confusion before he had the chance to do anything. RIP

Melinda the female Weepinbell: Level 21, Lax nature
-Vine Whip
-Sleep Powder
-Cut
-Poison Powder
After the deaths of Corey and Nick, Melinda quickly became a key member of my team. While a great friend, she was rather uptight, and as a result she didn't get along with Andrew. However, after Andrew's death she was wracked with guilt, and determined to be friendly to any and every new member that joined. Unfortunately, she didn't live long enough to see a new member, as a Bite crit, Sleep Powder miss, and Ice Fang all combined to bring her down. RIP.

Sara the female Pidgeotto: Level 22, Relaxed nature
-Whirlwind
-Twister
-Gust
-Quick Attack
My team leader after Corey's early death, Sara was easy to anger but a great friend nonetheless. She bonded well with everyone on the team, and was saddened by every loss. However, not long after Melinda's death, she fought a Charmeleon and after missing multiple Quick Attacks due to Smokescreen a Dragon Rage killed her. RIP.

Nuzlocke Challenge For Platinum
Rules : No healing items
Poke Center is OK
TM's that I find are fair game
No event Pokemon "sorry rotom, togepi, and evvee"
For my Pokemon collection sake all dead pokes will be deposited in a box and traded to soul silver

I chose the Monkey this time around and lucked out killing the Rivals Penguin with a nasty Crit, And joy to the world JeanRalfeo is Naughty Nature, not bad not bad at all. After finally getting pokeballs I go back to see my mom and pray for a starly on the way and to my joy a STARLY ! that was adamant to :). Then i move on to Jubilife catching a shinx on the way, actually wanting a Bidoof so i can HM him up :/

End up moving through the storyline and now am at the First Big Town Jubilife city
Mains -

JeanRalfeo (You will know what this relates to if you watch parks and recreation haha) lvl 10
Naughty
- Scratch
- Ember
- Some Stat Reducing Move

Mortikai (Royal Tenenbaums) lvl10
Adamant (RNG is loving me)
-Tackle
-Growl
-Quick Attack
- Wing Attack

Others (Outcasts/ DeathFodder/HM slaves)
Scooter

Tetrinity, yours is my favourite of the new stories :) Keep it up!

I'm also yearning for a new EvilBob or Res Ipsa update... guyyyyyys?
Thank you very much! :)

Here's part eight. Sorry for the delay in getting this up, had a busy few days.

Part Eight: Sting Of The Dark

Walking through Mt. Moon was a scary experience. It had been alright before when I had stuck to nearby the entrance, but now I was entering completely unknown territory, and it was becoming darker by the second. Was I really going to be able to find my way through this place?

Swallowing back any fear, I pressed on, surrounded by my five friends. Gemma was the most confident of the group, at home in the darkness, and led the way for the rest of us. A short way in, Gemma came across a ladder, and I climbed down, marking a spot on the ground next to it in order to find my way back. No sense in getting lost, right?

As I reached the top of a second ladder, I heard a yell. A man in a black uniform was running towards me, Poké Ball in hand. For a second I was frightened, then calmed down as he sent out a Sandshrew, similar to the one I'd seen back in Pewter Gym. The man was just another trainer. My team made short work of his own, although Gareth did take a nasty hit from his Rattata. I made a mental note to keep him out of battles until he had a chance to rest. Meanwhile, the man was cursing his bad luck.

"Darn it all! How could a Team Rocket member lose to some girl?"

Team Rocket? I'd heard of them, of course; they were rarely out of the newspapers and television reports. But why was a member of their gang in Mt. Moon? How indeed did said member of their gang lose to me? And why was he wearing a uniform that clearly identified him as a member? Questions buzzed around my head like angry wasps, but the man gave no time for one to sting as he sharply turned tail and fled, descending the ladder and disappearing from sight.

I attempted to follow the man, but was blocked off by a Paras and lost him. In my eagerness to get past, I called upon Klaus to come forth, the Pokédex confirming my suspicion that his pecks would work well against the Paras. This was further confirmed by Klaus' attack, which literally tore the Paras apart, pincers sent flying in all directions, blood spattering against my clothes. Nausea kicked in almost immediately; the sight was grotesque. I did not appear to be alone in this reaction.

Klaus had come down to rest nearby where the Paras had once been, and was not moving. He seemed to be falling into a deep sleep.

"Klaus? Klaus, what's wrong?" I cried, running up to him and crashing down to my knees beside him. He gave a single, feeble click with his beak, and at that moment I knew the answer to my latest question. The inside of his beak had blistered badly, ugly welts running down one side of his mouth. A consultation of the Pokédex told me that Klaus had been poisoned by toxic spores on the late Paras.

Poison!

Panic settled into place, accompanied by its good friend, fear. A tear welled up in my eye as I picked Klaus up, and it dropped from my face onto Klaus' wing. He gave another small click, and closed his eyes. He didn't have too long left; I had to get out of the cave and back to the Pokémon Centre as fast as possible.

"Gemma, I need you to guide us out of here. Move as fast as we can," I spouted, anxious to get moving. Gemma took off from her perch on Oscar's bulb and started to fly ahead. Running after her, cradling Klaus in my arms, only one thought was in my mind: get out.

Everything is a blur.

"I have to make it."

"You have to."

"I can't let this happen."

"No... no, this can't... I won't... no!"

I blinked. I was on hands and knees, and for a moment I forgot the gravity of the situation, staring at the cold ground beneath me. Klaus gave one more click, snapping my head back into place. Klaus!

I looked up, and was instantly blinded. Sunlight! I was outside! Clambering to my feet, I scooped up Klaus once more and stumbled into the Pokémon Centre, still partially unable to see. Was I too late? Would he make it?

The nurse at the counter ushered him in, and invited me to wait on a nearby sofa. I was offered a cup of tea and a biscuit, but I refused, lacking the appetite to touch anything. I was terrified that I would lose Klaus only hours after making friends with him, and I was still feeling squeamish about the fate of the Paras back in the cave, especially given the blood that had spattered me from head to toe. I must've looked terrible, but the nurse hadn't given me a second glance. Was she, like Brock and the other trainers, all too used to the consequences of Pokémon battles?

The next two hours were hellish. Five times the doors to the Pokémon ward swung open, instilling me with hope, only for them to be dashed upon seeing that Klaus was not the one lying on the guerney. Other trainers came to sit by me occasionally, but none wanted to talk even if I'd been able to reply, and all were gone long before me. The nurse muttered sympathetic comments, giving me a smile more suited to a birthday party than a potential deathbed.

Have you ever visited a hospital? If so, you'll understand. Nobody ever wants to be in there. Everything about the places are terrifying in their own, horrible ways. The sterile air, the syringes, the operating theaters. Every second is suffocating, refusing to release its grip. Death.

Death.

The ward doors swung open, allowing a sixth guerney to crash through. Klaus! I sprang from the sofa, moving as fast as the polished floors would allow. The accompanying nurse consulted a sheet attached to a clipboard, and nodded at me.

"He'll be... okay?" I asked, voice trembling, struggling to form each syllable. The nurse nodded again and smiled slightly. She seemed unwilling to say anything. Perhaps that was warranted. How often had she been in the same position, waiting to tell a trainer the bad news, that a precious friend had passed away?

"Th... thank you..." I gasped, and unable to hold back any longer, took up Klaus in my arms, holding him close. "I was so worried..."

I'm sorry, did I say Mt. Moon was scary? I've changed my mind. Mt. Moon is nightmarish. What's more, I still have to get through it. I would need to wise up, and take proper precautions on the way through the cave. I had come so close to losing my friend that it was unbearable. I had no intention of repeating the experience.

End of Part Eight

Current Team:

Oscar the male Bulbasaur (Level 14), Quirky Nature (neutral)
Ability: Overgrow
Moveset: Tackle, Growl, Leech Seed, Vine Whip

Gareth the male Mankey (Level 12), Modest Nature (+SpA, -Atk)
Ability: Vital Spirit
Moveset: Scratch, Leer, Low Kick, Karate Chop

David the male Rattata (Level 12), Lonely Nature (+Atk, -Def)
Ability: Run Away
Moveset: Tackle, Tail Whip, Quick Attack

Klaus the male Spearow (Level 8), Timid Nature (+Spe, -Atk)
Ability: Keen Eye
Moveset: Peck, Growl, Leer

Gemma the female Zubat (Level 9), Naive Nature (+Spe, -SpD)
Ability: Inner Focus
Moveset: Leech Life, Astonish

Boxed Pokémon (Alive):

Dead Pokémon:

Pokémon Centre Used: 10 times

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)