Platinum/HG/SS Battle Frontier and DP Battle Tower Records

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Well I'm not sure exactly what caused that because Raikou only appeared once. Every other time was with weaker/regular Pokemon.

Wow, Quick Claw hax? I wasn't paying too much attention after it destroyed my Ninjask, but it killed Shedinja... Peck? Knock Off? It doesn't have access to much else
If sandstorm had been activated that would be the cause of your Shedinja's demise.
Hey, orius, how far are you now in your doubles streak? I've just gotten to 300 now and I'm still chugging along.
I reached 378 just today and going strong, though I'm going to spend the rest of today and tomorrow breeding and EV training a new joint-lead, only just realized that it has a Defense IV of 7, not 31 as I previously thought. Please don't ask how I managed that mistake, or got so far without noticing it.

I just got to the Battle Frontier on HG and have started my first run at the Battle Factory. I'm on 28 and managed to beat Thornton 1 with relative ease, though he did have a Snorlax that gave me a run for my money.

I haven't been switching every battle, only when it seems like a good idea. This is good because it means my starters improve at about the same rate as my opponents' pokemon and I get to keep teams/pokes with good synergy...

Like the cursing Lapras that won me 7 straight battles

Who knows, maybe the Factory gods will smile on me and I'll get my name up on that shiny leaderboard?

im finally finished playing through soul silver and just started playing the factory again, just beat thorton for the silver print :>

something that i thought was interesting though was that thorton's pokemon were tyranitar1/houndoom1/ambipom1. in platinum he could only use legendaries (of any set number) and set 4 non-legendaries, but im guessing this has changed? i know ill end up battling thorton many times on my quest for the gold print, so ill keep track of what he uses from now on to figure out what he can and cant use now
You foolz...

glad you're still factorying (i just started up again a couple weeks ago out of a burning desire for revenge). i might give up on platinum and just buy soulsilver though and go from there, platinum seems kinda old hat (plus was it you who told me the music is better???)

in the couple weeks i've been playing again i lost at 41 which sucked. not as bad as my loss at 48 but still pretty unfortunate.

bro opens with ludicolo, my team is tyranitar4, garchomp4, and registeel2 (registeel2 is honestly my favourite set of any pokemon in the factory, it is so ridiculous). i check base speeds and spreads real quick and find out i can outspeed ludicolo after a dance, and with sandstorm's boost in effect i can definitely survive even a hydro pump. so i dd and it rain dances, and im like 'oh, fuck.' what a terrible move on my part, i was getting cocky cause my team was just thrashing everything.

so now i have a decision to make. dare i risk an attack? it might have rain dish. if it does, i kill it and my +1 ddtar probably creams the rest of the team too. i obviously can't switch in garchomp. i could switch steel in and it wouldn't take too much damage from the attack, but i can't do much back to it (double teaming up when taking 30-40% per hit is not ideal). i decide to just go for broke, hopefully it has rain dish.

nop, swift swim, surf ohkos. in comes steel who tries to double team up, fails miserable by taking 4 successive surfs (honestly ths first time double teaming up with regi didnt work for me, how sad), so now its chomp vs dudes, but at least rain dance is over. i outrage for the ohko. in comes golduck who takes an outrage and ice beams me for the ohko.

i played retardedly on many levels there, i probably should have just crunched off the bat with ttar and done some damage. if it had rain danced it would have been pretty low after takinga crunch so steel could come in and finish off with toxic probably. bad move on my part, i had an amazing team, i just played it awfully which is what always seems to happen in every single one of my losses. hindsight is 20/20 yadda yadda but seriously, every 40+ loss i have i get so mad because i lose to bullshit, then i think about it and realize had i played differently i could have won. it's cool that i still learn things about mons from the factory though 210 hours after i first ventured into it.

I didn't want to start playing SS Battle Frontier until I finished Platinum but since I needed BP for the move tutors I kinda got addicted to it all over again. On my team I have Gyarados, Latios and Umbreon, one of my first run throughs on Battle Tower got me to 45 which is even better than I was doing in Platinum with Garchomp, Latias and Registeel (I picked that team before I even seen the records here O_O)

In my opinion you really should take breaks before starting a new streak. My team has a huge weakness to Bug if Gyarados gets taken down and this includes Absol and Crawdaunt with X Scissor because I don't have a lot to hit them back. With the latter's Quick Claw hax I get pissed off, start my streak again and before I know it I'm just thrashing the A button to try and get my streak back which means I'm going to make another stupid mistake.

SS's Battle Factory is so much harder than Platinum's, my record in that is 40something, whereas in SS I can barely get up to Thorton never mind beat him. I've only got a Gold in Battle Hall with my Focus Sash Garchomp I named Lady Gaga :3 but it's in Platinum and I don't have 2 ds to trade it over :(

I wanna get an insane 1000+ streak but I don't wanna steal a team to do it =/

Never realized that there were records for the battle frontier. Maybe after watching a few vids I might actually try it. I don't want to steal a team but i can probably pick up some good ideas when looking at them.

Damn it, finally lost on my doubles streak because the AI was psychic and always attacked the most important member of my team. Still, I guess that's not as drastic as losing to bad hax, but it was quite annoying since they always knew what move would screw me over perfectly.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9897/img4739p.jpg

Battle Tower Doubles Record - 323

I used the same exact team (Kingdra, Ludicolo, Kabutops, Latios) with no changes. Here's how I lost:

Kingdra + Ludicolo vs. Weavile + Jynx (second goddam time I've lost a huge streak against a jynx)

Weavile used Fake Out!
Kingdra flinched!
Ludicolo used Fake Out!
Jynx flinched!

I suspected the AI might do something gay with weavile like flinch kingdra, so just in case I flinched jynx. I started to become nervous, but I didn't expect the AI to be smart enough to attack the same pokemon three times in a row without a single supereffective attack.

Weavile used Night Slash!
Jynx used Ice Beam!
Kingdra fainted!
Ludicolo used Surf!

Ugh, here's where I knew I was in trouble. Out of 600+games with this team, I've only been prevented from getting up rain twice, both times by fake out. I sent out Kabutops, which may have been a mistake, but whatever, I reasonably expected Kabutops to get off a rock slide because neither opponent had a supereffective attack on Kabutops.

Morgoth sent out Kabutops!
Jynx used Psychic!
Kabutops fainted!
Ludicolo used Grass Knot!

Darn this part really made me mad, why the hell did it just leave Ludicolo alone? I didn't use surf because had kabutops survived, surf probably would have killed it.

Morgoth sent out Latios!
Latios used Surf!
Jynx fainted!
Latios fainted!
Ludicolo used Ice Beam!
Weavile fainted!

S***, weavile survived by a very small margin and killed latios.

Ace Trainer sent out Mamoswine!
Ace Trainer sent out Regice!
Mamoswine fainted!
Regice used Amnesia!

I wanted to kill mamoswine, and surf wouldn't do the job. From here, I knew I had lost unless I got a critical hit, which never happened. Regice proceded to amnesia a few more times, I surfed for next to 0 damage, and he 2HKO'd me with signal beam. To be honest, I think a lot more streaks would have ended quicker if the AI knew specifically which pokemon to kill to be the most annoying, and which to utterly leave alone.

Damn it, finally lost on my doubles streak because the AI was psychic and always attacked the most important member of my team. Still, I guess that's not as drastic as losing to bad hax, but it was quite annoying since they always knew what move would screw me over perfectly.

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9897/img4739p.jpg

Battle Tower Doubles Record - 323

I used the same exact team (Kingdra, Ludicolo, Kabutops, Latios) with no changes. Here's how I lost:

Kingdra + Ludicolo vs. Weavile + Jynx (second goddam time I've lost a huge streak against a jynx)

Weavile used Fake Out!
Kingdra flinched!
Ludicolo used Fake Out!
Jynx flinched!

I suspected the AI might do something gay with weavile like flinch kingdra, so just in case I flinched jynx. I started to become nervous, but I didn't expect the AI to be smart enough to attack the same pokemon three times in a row without a single supereffective attack.

Jynx used Ice Beam!
Kingdra fainted!
Ludicolo used Surf!

Ugh, here's where I knew I was in trouble. Out of 600+games with this team, I've only been prevented from getting up rain twice, both times by fake out. I sent out Kabutops, which may have been a mistake, but whatever, I reasonably expected Kabutops to get off a rock slide because neither opponent had a supereffective attack on Kabutops.

Morgoth sent out Kabutops!
Jynx used Psychic!
Kabutops fainted!

Darn this part really made me mad, why the hell did it just leave Ludicolo alone? I didn't use surf because had kabutops survived, surf probably would have killed it.

Morgoth sent out Latios!
Latios used Surf!
Jynx fainted!
Latios fainted!
Ludicolo used Ice Beam!
Weavile fainted!

S***, weavile survived by a very small margin and killed latios.

Ace Trainer sent out Mamoswine!
Ace Trainer sent out Regice!
Mamoswine fainted!
Regice used Amnesia!

I wanted to kill mamoswine, and surf wouldn't do the job. From here, I knew I had lost unless I got a critical hit, which never happened. Regice proceded to amnesia a few more times, I surfed for next to 0 damage, and he 2HKO'd me with signal beam. To be honest, I think a lot more streaks would have ended quicker if the AI knew specifically which pokemon to kill to be the most annoying, and which to utterly leave alone.
Please tell me you're joking, I just lost to a Jynx as well, 'cept his had choice specs instead. o_O Battle 397.
As I can't find my camera, I won't ask to be put on the leaderboard, just mentioning the numbers as a testament to how well my team worked for me.
It's the Ursaring/Togekiss combo I mentioned earlier with a few adjustments and two other party members tailored to their strengths. Essentially, my team was all about outspeeding and OHKOing everything my opponents could throw at me, made possible by endless references to the list of the 700 pokes I could face and methodically thinking through the repercussions of each move (I mean, I went extremely slowly.) I shall type up something that isn't completely half-assed when I've gotten over the hax and have a few minutes of spare time.

I didn't want to start playing SS Battle Frontier until I finished Platinum but since I needed BP for the move tutors I kinda got addicted to it all over again. On my team I have Gyarados, Latios and Umbreon, one of my first run throughs on Battle Tower got me to 45 which is even better than I was doing in Platinum with Garchomp, Latias and Registeel (I picked that team before I even seen the records here O_O)

In my opinion you really should take breaks before starting a new streak. My team has a huge weakness to Bug if Gyarados gets taken down and this includes Absol and Crawdaunt with X Scissor because I don't have a lot to hit them back. With the latter's Quick Claw hax I get pissed off, start my streak again and before I know it I'm just thrashing the A button to try and get my streak back which means I'm going to make another stupid mistake.

SS's Battle Factory is so much harder than Platinum's, my record in that is 40something, whereas in SS I can barely get up to Thorton never mind beat him. I've only got a Gold in Battle Hall with my Focus Sash Garchomp I named Lady Gaga :3 but it's in Platinum and I don't have 2 ds to trade it over :(

I wanna get an insane 1000+ streak but I don't wanna steal a team to do it =/
Hey if you have wifi, you can easily send over pokemon from one game to another using gts. Just upload a pidgey (or any other rubbish pokemon) on your SS/HGand ask for the pokemon you want to switch over from your other game (garchomp in your case) Make the requirement as specific as possible, makes it easier to find your pidgey on your othergame. Then put in your other game (pearl / plat w/e) And start searching for the pidgey, and send over the garchomp.

little side note, always put on a shit poke and look for the good poke, not the otherway around, because it might happen that someone has the pokemon when you are offering your good garchomp =).

good luck

Quick question anyone? Can someone that got a 100+ double streak confirm that getting a 100 streak in doubles gets you a trainer star? I think this question has been answered before but I forgot where it was.

Team Rocket Elite

Data Integration Thought Entity
is a Top Researcher Alumnus
Quick question anyone? Can someone that got a 100+ double streak confirm that getting a 100 streak in doubles gets you a trainer star? I think this question has been answered before but I forgot where it was.
I got the Battle Tower Trainer star through Double Battle in one of my games. I don't really remember if it was Diamond, Pearl or Platinum, though. I imagine it works in all the games.

Edit: Now that I think about it, I got my Trainer Star in SoulSilver through Double Battle Tower so it defintely works there as well.

Has anyone tried a double explosion team in double battles? Right now I'm making a go at the diamond doubles BT with a Metagross/Golem lead. Metagross uses explosion first turn and Golem uses protect. Then I bring in Spirtomb, who uses protect while Golem uses explosion. This usually KO's all 4 pokemon, but if it doesn't I'm left with Spirtomb and Garchomp vs. 1 or 2. Just wondering if anyone has made a deep run with a double explosion team?

Yes, he or she can, I have all five stars on Heart Gold and my singles Battle Tower record is only sitting at 97.

Has anyone tried a double explosion team in double battles? Right now I'm making a go at the diamond doubles BT with a Metagross/Golem lead. Metagross uses explosion first turn and Golem uses protect. Then I bring in Spirtomb, who uses protect while Golem uses explosion. This usually KO's all 4 pokemon, but if it doesn't I'm left with Spirtomb and Garchomp vs. 1 or 2. Just wondering if anyone has made a deep run with a double explosion team?
Certainly, Purplenurple2 made a Metagross/Gengar/Azelf/Dusknoir team centered around exploding and got a pretty nifty streak of 202.

@CBShuckle: Hey Gratz on that streak, man! I know I'm a bit late in this congratulation, haha. I've been too caught up with the VGC stuffs lately. I haven't done any planning or thinking about another team yet (but I'll probably be trying something new), but when I figure out something I'll try to surpass your record again! It probably won't be for a long while though.

Oh ok thanks alot guys i didnt want to start the doubles and figure out it was a giant waste of time. Either way I dont think my espeon/umbreon/lati@/ will get me very far anyways. I just want the trainer star.

Wow I like that exploding team sounds like a good idea!

@CBShuckle: Hey Gratz on that streak, man! I know I'm a bit late in this congratulation, haha. I've been too caught up with the VGC stuffs lately. I haven't done any planning or thinking about another team yet (but I'll probably be trying something new), but when I figure out something I'll try to surpass your record again! It probably won't be for a long while though.
Thanks, good luck at VGC, and I'm glad to have some friendly competition. I'm interested to hear if you're going to do something new, something besides trick room?

Well, I've currently passed 100 in the hall, since my epic hax loss in the BT with my current team. I won't say which Pokemon it is, but I will say that it's a Pokemon that nobody on the list has yet used, and that it's HG/SS egg move is the key to its success in getting past faster Pokemon and Sashes.

A question though. If I change the item depending on the set, does the streak still count?

As long as you enter the same species of Pokémon in the streak (e.g. just Garchomp), then it will count as the same streak, regardless of item, moves, nature, gender, etc.

@EonADS: Not sure what it is, but sounds like Dragonite??? I was going to give Dragonite a go at the hall sometime, but weavile is still problematic (will need the unreliable Rock Tomb followed by Extremespeed for almost 80% chance of winning).

My record

I've been around Smogon for a while, but I only got an account today because I realized that I have an awesome record in the battle factory 50. I got it a while back, but in HG I got 34/32 as my win/trade streak. As soon as I can get an image in, I will post it because the one that I have is really fuzzy.

hi was wondering if anyone could give me some help and advice for my battle tower team etc, wana use my own team but nothing seems to be clicking atm, need that 100 win streak lol n my highest atm is like 58ish and spent like 60 hours retrying :( so basicly looking for help.

so could someone pm me and i'l send the team details, dnt wana clutter up this page to much.

hopefully hear from someone lol....cheers :)

@EonADS: Not sure what it is, but sounds like Dragonite??? I was going to give Dragonite a go at the hall sometime, but weavile is still problematic (will need the unreliable Rock Tomb followed by Extremespeed for almost 80% chance of winning).
Yeah, it's a Dragonite. Weavile is still a problem, but I was extremely lucky and didn't have to face it during the Dark or Ice rounds. It'll probably be the end of my streak, but that's at least another 60 or so battles when I face Argenta. I'd laugh if that thing was her Pokemon. And then I'd cry :(

@ Ashez: You could send me the team and I can have a look at it and try to give some constructive help. The link in my signature could also give you some ideas on what to look for when making a team.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 7)