BBB's Doodles

For the longest time, I've always felt the desire to be able to draw. Many times I have these ideas, but there's just no way to transfer my thoughts to paper. Well, I want to fix that. In spite of being in front of all the amazing artists of Smeargle's Studio, I want to try and start improving my drawing skills. That's why I made this thread, to just draw to the best of my ability.

I've found a new program called Sumo Paint which seems to work very well, so I am currently using that instead of ol' Microsoft Paint.

Anyways, here is a complete list of all my completed works, with their individual stages, presented in chronological order (From top to bottom) and in hide tags for your convenience. I'll probably be able to make one every day or two, and I would love comments and constructive criticism.

Koffing, which was submitted to the monthly contest here.
B&W

Color'd

Scizor needs to be happier, so I made it so
B&W

Color and some extra little stuffs

May 6th, 2010
Achievements: Making coloring look more solid

Fixed up colored Scizor!

Typhlosion B&W

Typhlosion colored, ain't he cute?

May 7th, 2010
Achievements: Attempt at perspective and shading.

Magnemite B&W

Magnemite Color

Magnemite Shaded

May 10th, 2010
Achievements: Worked more with shading and perspective, on a more challenging model

Yanmega B&W

Yanmega Colored

Yanmega Shaded

May 11th, 2010
Achievements: Used decorations inside of the image along with the main piece to improve the look.

Banette B&W

Banette Colored

Banette Shaded

May 13th, 2010
Achievements: Attempted highlighted shading.

Mijumaru B&W

Mijumaru Colored

Mijumaru Shaded

May 14th, 2010
Achievements: Works more with highlighting and perspective, also drew first dynamic pose in the form of a back shot.

Aron B&W

Aron Colored

Aron Shaded

Tsutaja B&W

Tsutaja Colored

Tsutaja Shaded

May 17th, 2010
Achievements: Created first original work

Kabutoise B&W

Kabutoise Colored

Kabutoise Shaded

May 18th, 2010
Achievements: Working with new, more natural body figures (Today, feline)

Glaceon B&W

Glaceon Colored

Glaceon Shaded

May 19th, 2010
Achievements: Worked with a tubular model. Shading needs to be improved for this body shape.

Arbok B&W

Arbok Colored

Arbok Shaded

May 21st, 2010
Achievements: Experimented both with the Pencil tool to draw the piece and using a background.

Rayquaza B&W

Rayquaza Colored

Rayquaza Shaded

May 22nd, 2010
Achievements: Worked more with the pencil tool

Sceptile B&W

Sceptile Colored

Sceptile Shaded

Sceptile Shaded (Improved highlighting)

May 23rd, 2010
Achievements: Created a dynamic pose and experimented with lighter shading.

Zoroark B&W

Zoroark Colored

Zoroark Shaded

Art made during vacation; Return date August 5th
Achievements: Created first completely original piece

Pichu (Made for a friend):

Fossil Pokemon Concept:

Boris:

August 16th, 2010
Achievements: First piece made in new program, Sumo Paint.

Silver dragon head B&W

August 17th, 2010
Achievements: Created first colored art in new program, and improved the look of shading

Heatran B&W

Heatran Colored

Heatran Shaded

August 18th, 2010
Achievements: Worked with a human-like figured and improved the quality of my shading.

Weavile B&W

Weavile Colored

Weavile Shaded

August 23rd, 2010
Achievements: Experimenting more with shading and highlighting

Flygon B&W:

Flygon Colored:

Flygon Shaded:

August 26th, 2010
Achievements: Created most ambitious work yet, used a small amount of effects in the picture.

Nidoking/Destroyah B&W

Nidoking/Destroyah Colored

Nidoking/Destroyah Shaded

August 29th:
Achievements: Experimented with thicker outlines

Mudkip B&W:

Mudkip Shaded:

September 13th:
Achievements: First time drawing people, a comic format, as well as many different special effects.

Raptors:

September 14th:
Achievements: Tried to create an ice-like texture; still needs improvement.

Cherubice B&W:

Cherubice Colored:

Cherubice Shaded:

This is a drawing of one of my favorite Pokemon, Typhlosion. :)

B&W

Color (I spent a lot of time filling in the stray pixels with the pencil tool to try and make it look a bit better with the color. What do you guys think?)

Did you do all this with a mouse?

edit: Just so you know I'm impressed, not mocking your work. It just looks like there was no pressure sensitivity. Thus, mouse.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
That scizor is great, especially just free handing with only a mouse. God, my hand would die. Either that or my patience. Keep it up!

Did you do all this with a mouse?

edit: Just so you know I'm impressed, not mocking your work. It just looks like there was no pressure sensitivity. Thus, mouse.
Well thank you, I understand where you're coming from. x3 Since I don't have some sort of scanner or drawing tool which works with the computer, just have to do it MS paint. And actually, I actually don't have a mouse with me, so all of the drawings are done with a tracker pad.

Dromiceiomimus@ Yeah, I'm pretty proud of it, but that spotty coloring just doesn't fly with me...One good thing about using Paint is that you can edit pictures however you want them :3

Jesus Christ, you did that with a tracker pad? I envy you for that determination and patience. I can't even draw a long line with a tracker pad without my hand cramping and me crying on the floor begging God for mercy.

Haha, well thank you. It does take some patience, but my hand doesn't cramp up too much. Must be because I'm so use to using it now :P

Anyways, I've fixed up the Scizor picture a little bit, and comes out to this here

I'm gonna start putting my pictures into the OP in chronological order to make it easier to see them all.

I decided that I wanted to make a drawing which would challenge some aspects of art that I haven't tackled yet. I wanted to go with something simple, so I went with Magnemite. Besides, Magnemite's cool. :)

Magnemite B&W (I tried working with perspective today, at least I think that is what that's called..anyways, I think it turned out fairly well, but what do you guys think?)

Magnemite colored

Magnemite shaded (I wanted to try shading today, even though I've never done it before. I used darker shades of the colors away from a point of light, and since Magnemite has a metallic body, gave a little glare on it as well. God, I hope I know what I'm talking about. Anyways, here's the picture, how did I do?)

JESUS CHRIST IT'S A TRACKER PAD, GET IN THE CAR!
no, srsly, how can you do that with a tracker pad....

a TRACKER pad!

i think i pee'd at the thought of that... *shudder*

Haha, thanks guys x3 It's good to know that some people appreciate my little drawings.

Anyways, I wanted to work a little more with perspective today. Magnemite's fine and all, but it's a little simple. I decided to draw another one of my favorites, Yanmega.

B&W (I tried to make him face fairly forward, with the tail sweeping a little downwards towards the back. The hardest part about this was the wings, as no matter what I did, it just didn't seem to look right. I've got it presentable, though, so here he is. :P)

Colored

Shaded (I attempted to make the shading on his eyes to make it seem like it was a bit more bubbly in appearance, as well as a bit glossy. I'm not sure if I have the right idea going on, so any thoughts about this would be appreciated.)

I love comments, compliments, and criticism from many different opinions. :3 Also, some suggestions/commissions of what to draw in the future wouldn't be a bad idea either, if anyone thinks I'm up to it. I always love a challenge!

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
That Yanmega is great, and definitely the best I think you've done yet! With what little tools you have at your disposal, you're really good at capturing realistic and appropriate depth, and you should be proud! I've love to see what you'd be capable of doing if you had an actual tablet. You should try pencil drawings, or just any type with a utensil you can use that isn't a tracker pad. Braaaaavo. :D

Thank you! I feel as if it's my best work as well. I've actually dried pencil drawings myself, but for some reason, I can't put down my drawings as well as I can with MSPaint. I think it's because I erase so much, which makes it look bad on paper if I do it a lot :P I suppose practice makes perfect, though I think I prefer Paint anyways, as it's just so much easier to draw for me. Haha.

I was a bit stuck today on what to draw, as it seemed like I was at a sort of stump when it came down to it today. I got through that, though, and made a pretty good picture of Banette. It isn't as good as my last piece in my opinion, but I worked my hardest nonetheless, so I do love it.

Banette B&W (I experimented with implementing decorations in the image in the form of little mystical fires along with it. Yay/nay?)

Banette Colored (Those eyes sure are creepy, lol.)

Banette Shaded (It looks like I might have went a little overboard with the shading this time. What do you guys think?)

ok, you have to realize, there is usualy going to be a highlight on it, so it might be a good idea to add some lighter shades too...what program do you use?

Okay, today I decided to try out Doran Dragon's suggestion, which is...highlighting, did you call it? Well, whatever it may be called, I tried out filling lighter shades in compliment to the darker ones. I sure hope I did it right!

So the picture I made is of the brand spankin' new Water starter for Gen. 5, Mijumaru. Poor guy just doesn't get enough love, with the inferior design compared to the other two starters. Well, here's to little Mijumaru.

Mijumaru B&W

Mijumaru Colored

Mijumaru Shaded (Would appreciate some comments on the new shading :3)

Im really impressed, especially considering youre using a TRACKER pad.

Ho lee tamolee!

And you've inspired me.
Would it bother you if i posted a freehand i did in your thread?

@Smappy: Hey, if you really want to, I've got nothing against it. :) It warms my heart that someone is inspired by my work.

Anyways, I've got another picture done for today. This one is of Aron, and I tried to incorporate all that I've learned so far into this little drawing. I really like the way it turned out. Tell me what you guys think!

Aron B&W

Aron Colored

Aron Shaded (Tried again with the highlighting technique. I'm wondering if I've got the right idea or not)

Hey, Thanks BBB.

Like you said, always wanted to try drawing, why not start.

anyways, following your template, heres my three staged drawing
tried something easy to start with, togepi.

Togepi B+W.

togepi coloured

Togepi shaded

C+C always apreciated.

@Smappy: Hey, if you really want to, I've got nothing against it. :) It warms my heart that someone is inspired by my work.

Anyways, I've got another picture done for today. This one is of Aron, and I tried to incorporate all that I've learned so far into this little drawing. I really like the way it turned out. Tell me what you guys think!

Aron B&W

Aron Colored

Aron Shaded (Tried again with the highlighting technique. I'm wondering if I've got the right idea or not)
As a fellow scratcher, those are freaking good, BBB. you're really good at the highlighting.

As a fellow scratcher, those are freaking good, BBB. you're really good at the highlighting.
Har, you flatter me. I'd give a C+C to your Togepi, but it isn't showing up on my computer for some reason.

Well since I had a lot of free time today, I managed to get another finished! I wanted to try a pose that was a bit more dynamic, as to give myself a challenge. In light of the new starters, I decided to draw Tsutaja (My favorite). Now, a back shot is something that I've never done before, so that's the pose which I drew him in. It was pretty hard to do, but I managed with it. What do you guys think?

Tsutaja B&W

Tsutaja Colored

Tsutaja Shaded

Well, it took me a little while, but I've got another pic that I drew up. Today I did something different, and didn't make a drawing of one Pokemon. In fact, it's two. Actually, it's two put together, but you get the idea. The drawing is based off of a one that I made when I was a lot younger. I'm not really too impressed with it, but I didn't want to just scrap it, so I finished it anyways. (As well as being my most time-consuming work to date) I present to you Kabutoise.

Kabutoise B&W

Kabutoise Colored

Kabutoise Shaded

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)