(Archive) Small Subjective Changes Thread

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
WOW. Okay I'm stupid...I was reading it quickly and it looked like "possesses" to me. Thanks for calling that Zys, I'm p. tired and didn't read it thoroughly -.- lol I feel like a moron

Although I still think a transition word before Dragonite would be good.

This is a change to the LeadApe set on Infernape's analysis.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/infernape

The set recommends running no more speed than needed to outrun positive natured base 100s because "Due to the defense drops from Close Combat, any encounter with a fellow Infernape will almost always result in the slower ape winning, so in general, it is a poor choice to increase Infernape's Speed any further." (quote)

I believe that this is poor advice because if a player is aware of this fact they will use Fire Blast rather than Close Combat. The slower Infernape will then be in KO range and can be defeated, assuming the same set is used on both Pokemon. You will always win unless you miss repeatedly, and your Fake Out blocks theirs and saves your Focus Sash.

So, the opposite is true. The faster Infernape will usually win, not the slower one, and advising against it for no other specific reason is not good. If there is something I'm missing here, the sentence should be clarified, or if not, changed.

Alakazam Analysis~ Overview said:
Alakazam is one of the most, if not the most, powerful special sweeper in the UU tier.
I believe this should be changed to "Alakazam is one of the most powerful special sweepers in the UU tier, if not the most powerful", or something along those lines, because if you take out "if not the most", it reads "Alakazam is one of the most powerful special sweeper..." which is clearly incorrect.

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
A space is missing in the OU counters section for Salamence.

Salamence is one of the few Pokémon who lack definitive counters, given its ridiculous versatility and ability to hit hard with both attacking stats.Nevertheless, your best bet against it is to let it take residual damage by forcing it to switch out or simply revenge killing it after it has locked itself into Outrage.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/salamence

I believe this should be changed to "Alakazam is one of the most powerful special sweepers in the UU tier, if not the most powerful", or something along those lines, because if you take out "if not the most", it reads "Alakazam is one of the most powerful special sweeper..." which is clearly incorrect.
All you really need to do is add an 's' to the end and it should be fine, I believe. I fixed it.

All you really need to do is add an 's' to the end and it should be fine, I believe. I fixed it.
It's possible you're right but it seems to me that the sentence sets up two possible situations and "sweeper" has to agree with both of them. Adding an S makes it agree with the first situation, but not the second:

"Alakazam is the most powerful special sweepers in the UU tier."

You can't make it agree with both situations without splitting the sentence into two sections as I did. Again, I could be entirely wrong about this.

That sentence is incorrect grammatically because the subject plurality of the interjection and the main sentence do not agree. I recommend the sentence be changed anyway. However, in its current form if you insist on keeping it that way, it should have the plural 's' because the core sentence refers to a cluster of objects.

Look at this:
Alakazam is one of the most powerful special sweepers in the UU tier.
If you remove the interjection, it agrees, and so is correct. If you want to point out that it might be the most powerful UU special sweeper, it should be worded something like follows:
Alakazam is arguably the most powerful special sweeper in the UU tier.
See how now there shouldn't be a plural 's'? :)

the gorebyss analysis says "This set takes on a complexion completely different from the sweeping natures of the previous two sets and instead diverts its attention to supporting the team." when there is only one previous set...

Cool Ivysaur: can't find either. Thanks, but in future it might be nice if you told specifically where / gave us some wording to ctrl+f =)

Thorns: got it, tyvm

Delta 2777

Machampion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis the Smogon Tour Season 10 Champion
The EVs section of the Absol analysis mentions EVs for the mixed Absol set, however that set was deleted long ago.

Max Attack is highly recommended on any set with Absol, followed by maxing out Speed so Absol can be used to its full potential. The Mixed Sweeper set should stick with the given EVs to give Fire Blast the extra kick it needs to ensure OHKOs and 2HKOs.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/absol

eric the espeon

maybe I just misunderstood
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
pluff: Both had the ability listed in the set formatting (ability: Overgrow) which should not be there if a Pokemon only has one ability, or if both are viable. Fixed, thanks.

Ray Jay

"Jump first, ask questions later, oui oui!"
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm not sure if this is the right place, but I think this deserves being checked out.
I'm looking at http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/breloom, and it says Breloom has the 3rd lowest bst in the opinion section. Actually, I believe it is the 2nd, with only Ninjask below it.

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/aerodactyl
there is no choice band set yet it still mentions that
Double-Edge can be used on the Choice Band set with Rock Head as the ability. Double-Edge has a neutrality edge on Aerodactyl's other attacks and can be used to lighten the need for prediction.
in the Other Options.
Smogon's Team Builder is also confused in that it still lists a Choice Band as possible sets as well.

Delta 2777

Machampion
In the Altaria analysis for the Sleep Talk + Outrage set it says in the description to use 20 Spe EVs, but the set lists 36 Spe EVs. One of these should be corrected.

Sleep Talk + Outrage
252 HP / 220 Atk / 36 Spe

The EVs on this set are more offensively-orientated because of Altaria's natural bulkiness and because it's important for Altaria to hit hard with Outrage, since the opponent will likely switch to their best counter once Altaria uses Rest. The 20 Speed EVs are all that is needed to outpace all Moltres and other base 90s after a Dragon Dance.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/aerodactyl
there is no choice band set yet it still mentions that

in the Other Options.
Smogon's Team Builder is also confused in that it still lists a Choice Band as possible sets as well.
Changed to hypothetical CB set.
In the Altaria analysis for the Sleep Talk + Outrage set it says in the description to use 20 Spe EVs, but the set lists 36 Spe EVs. One of these should be corrected.
Second one in set comments was incorrect, made that fix.

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/infernape

On the second paragraph of the overview, I think it rambles on about Starmie a bit too long. It doesn't seem necessary to continue explaining why it stops Infernape over two sentences. Probably important to note that the counters section only briefly mentions Starmie but talks about how Vaporeon and Tentacruel are his best counters, so it's odd that the overview emphazises Starmie.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)