Winner's Path Event: Pokewalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Basically the only thing I'm looking for on this course is a choice band, but I have to walk 10k steps to do it. You guys who walk 25K at work though :O That's like 12 miles!

I found a couple of horsea and a few karps, also a duskull, but most of their natures aren't great.

I am pretty pleased w/ Winner's path. I thought it would be impossible like Yellow Forest. Does anyone else notice they choose very common competitive Pokemon for the course? Gyarados is very common, especially in doubles b/c Intimidate. Selfdestruct Snorlax, Metagross, and Kingdra are all very common in the VGC, as well as Dusknoir and how common TR + Imprison is in doubles.

I am pretty pleased w/ Winner's path. I thought it would be impossible like Yellow Forest. Does anyone else notice they choose very common competitive Pokemon for the course? Gyarados is very common, especially in doubles b/c Intimidate. Selfdestruct Snorlax, Metagross, and Kingdra are all very common in the VGC, as well as Dusknoir and how common TR + Imprison is in doubles.
Well, that's right in the in-game description, isn't it? "If you're aiming to be Champion, you'll want to walk this Route! You'll meet strong Pokémon!"

EDIT: I also thought for a moment that your name was "Airwolf", to which I was going to say, "Man, naming a Starly 'Airwolf' was my idea."

OK, this was found by the user Wichu, here is how to get a Brave Munchlax, or Brave anything on the pokewalker, with the following:

1) just catch any ONE poke (lax, zor, gross, noir) on the walker
2) Set your DS Date to : 2031-10-25
3) Set your DS time to : 02:13:00
4) Wait on the first DS screen and watch the clock
5) start your game at either 02:13:58 or 02:13:59 (:59 for me)
6) go to the pokewalker section and take the pokemon out
it should be brave, 29/30/30/x/30/1

Moaaaaar SELF DESTRUCT SNORLAX

I just took my first walk on the Path today, though I didn't get very far—only about 1600 steps. Got a trio of Bronzor for my trouble: one Mild, one Sassy, and one Lax, none with particularly stellar IVs. The best is a 29 HP on the Mild one. Here's hoping for better luck tomorrow.

OK, this was found by the user Wichu, here is how to get a Brave Munchlax, or Brave anything on the pokewalker, with the following:

Moaaaaar SELF DESTRUCT SNORLAX
Has everyone doing this gotten a Thick fat ability?

I got the Thick Fat ability, and I am pretty sure, it works every other time, just follow the steps

EDIT: I forgot to tell, for some reason, I got an Adamant nature instead of Brave, I dont know why. But I know it wasnt a fluke, becuase I have the same IVs as above,

I got the Thick Fat ability, and I am pretty sure, it works every other time, just follow the steps

EDIT: I forgot to tell, for some reason, I got an Adamant nature instead of Brave, I dont know why. But I know it wasnt a fluke, becuase I have the same IVs as above,
Thanks for giving out the information ill have to try this today.

Fuck I can't try it what with the safari park resetting when you mess with the dates :/

I got a Lum Berry today. Joy.

Tried it and I got a boomlax impish pick up 29/6/27/9/24/1

Can you explain exactly what to do? I'm kinda lost.

Got 7 Munchlaxes in the past 2 days, nothing good though... I only checked nature and attack IV (only if both were good do I bother checking other IVs):

Sassy Pickup: Attack: around 12
Relaxed Thick Fat: Attack below 10
Jolly
Impish Thick Fat: Attack below 10
Hasty
Rash
Rash

Hopefully tomorrow will be a better day. :)

Just tried this trick and it worked! I got an Adamant Bronzor (Heatproof) but with that IV spread.

Cool! Boomlax here I come!

Are there any other nifty spreads out there for Pokewalker? Unfortunately I can't RNG because I have a mac... :(

@Flail
Nice work, hopefully, people who cant RNG will be able to use this to their advantage, all we need is people like Wichu, to crack more spread!

@caruto: I really dont know, I just got this from a post on Serebii, who said it is from Wichu, and Wichu did make the article about the Pokewalker RNG. Try it again, I got that spread, and flail did as well, you have to select the Continue screen, when the clock goes at the time mentioned. It might help to have a clock with a seconds reading with the exact same reading as the DS clock. I would like more success with more people just to make sure this is real, and its not some 1 in a million chance fluke

Nice. Getting together with my Pokemon group of friends who have Wi-Fi on Saturday. Sure to get lots of steps too. This is exciting.

I have yet to catch a Munchlax, I have like 8 beldum though. After I got my adamant one (second try!) they are starting to get QUITE annoying.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Just tried it, got a Brave Thick Fat Munchlax with those IVs =)

I have the most epically worst luck ever, I believe :D I've spent about 400 watts after getting the step requirement, and all I've been getting are Horsea and Bronzor.

I've never gotten !!! on a Pokewalker, ever. Fail.

Does anyone know the seed they used to get that Munchlax? I can't seem to figure out how to generate my own, there aren't a lot of resources available how to do that yet.

The research thread gives a bunch of crud about how to advance the frames by connecting the pokewalker and junk, but I just want good IV's :).

Does anyone know the seed they used to get that Munchlax? I can't seem to figure out how to generate my own, there aren't a lot of resources available how to do that yet.

The research thread gives a bunch of crud about how to advance the frames by connecting the pokewalker and junk, but I just want good IV's :).
I don't think you need to find your seed or anything like that. Just follow the instructions and you should get that spread.

However, I have yet to get a brave pokemon with that spread. My Munchlax is adamant with that spread and I also have an adamant and relaxed Beldum, go figure.

Since this method seems to work regardless of seed, are there other good spreads (timid, adamant, modest, etc.) that can be used w/pokewalker?

I can't RNG so I'd love to abuse this...

Going by the RNG abuse instructions, should you start counting when you return to the DS menu or when you press "OK" when setting the time? I did it the second way, and got an Adamant Munchlax with low IVs.

Is there an easier way to catch that damned Beldum? Been trying for it forever, but it seems to always get a crit on me, or run the first time I try Evade. :(

I too cant RNG abuse, yet I have an awesome Munchlax

@Staraptor: You dont count at all, this is what you do,
-Set your DS time to the one above,
-Then press B, then B again, then it says do you want to quit or something, press A
-The DS turns off, then you open your DS, do you know the analog clock, when you open the DS, up on the top screen, just wait with your Finger/Stylus ready to touch the gamename, when the seconds come to :58/:59,
-Then enter your game, and go to the pokewalker menu, recieve your pokemon, it should be the spread above

Hope I helped, I also want a Naughty spread, for Muddy Water Horsea, (great in VGC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)