US Regional Qualifier - Phoenix, AZ - May 22nd, 2010 WON BY XEROGRADE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just wondering, because you mentioned Dallas and I would like to have less Smogoners in Dallas, if you get a Nats ticket from Pheonix, are you still planning on coming to Dallas?
Hell no lol. I'm already too far in debt to travel to Dallas if I don't have to. But honestly it's not just Smogoners you should prepare for. Lurkers that copy-paste-edit the successful teams from previous Regionals are equally as dangerous.

Yeah, I know, but it is unsure of how many there are of those, and I have prepared and mentally gone through battles of teams posted in my head and things seem to turn out well. Good luck in Pheonix, and if you absolutely have to, good luck in Dallas lol

Outside of VGC, my projected schedule has stay-at-home days during most of this summer, with the exception of July 5th until August 5th, when I have online college class to deal with. However, it won't interfere with a possible summer of activity courtesy of this regional and possible nationals(provided I master regionals to get first prize there, which didn't happen last year, when I lost at the sweet 16 round), both of which come before July, when my online class starts. Plus, I know two people in my family that want to go to Japan, but I know this is the first step to that goal, so I'm going to this regional to try and earn a chance to give them what they want, and not have a boring summer that doesn't include activities in the community...

Ninahaza

You'll always be a part of me
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
hey guys hate to sound like a bum here but i am in situation and need to know something. here is the situation for those going to the event in phoenix,

so i am gonna fly in and enjoy myself battling and what not, now afterwards the competition is gonna end around 6pm-6:30pm and the latest flight out of phoenix is at 8pm. i was thinking thats 2 hours i can do that and avoid having to book a hotel, the ride from the convention center to the airport is about 15 minutes said expedia[so maybe plan 30 just incase] and i am solid arriving an hour early for the flight perfect. but the prblem is THE RIDE, any1 who lives close to the airport and doesnt mind giving me a ride?

hey guys hate to sound like a bum here but i am in situation and need to know something. here is the situation for those going to the event in phoenix,

so i am gonna fly in and enjoy myself battling and what not, now afterwards the competition is gonna end around 6pm-6:30pm and the latest flight out of phoenix is at 8pm. i was thinking thats 2 hours i can do that and avoid having to book a hotel, the ride from the convention center to the airport is about 15 minutes said expedia[so maybe plan 30 just incase] and i am solid arriving an hour early for the flight perfect. but the prblem is THE RIDE, any1 who lives close to the airport and doesnt mind giving me a ride?
If you can't get a ride, you can always take the light rail to 44th st & Washington then take the bus 1 minute later to get to the airport, but in case you miss the ride, I hope it ends early so you have more time to catch a flight back...

Refer to this site and book to see what I mean:

http://www.valleymetro.org/transit_tools/bus_book_online/

Ninahaza

If you can't get a ride, you can always take the light rail to 44th st & Washington then take the bus 1 minute later to get to the airport, but in case you miss the ride, I hope it ends early so you have more time to catch a flight back...

Refer to this site and book to see what I mean:

http://www.valleymetro.org/transit_tools/bus_book_online/

hey ty for that, i checked out the site. i will definetly be using this

TTS

Articulate Potty Lid
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
If you win you'll have to stay to fill out paperwork, pose with Pikachu, etc. You'd miss your flight. Or for that matter, if you make top 4(or 16?) you will.

Ninahaza

Unfortunately I won't be able to make this now due to life getting in the way. :/

Prom>Pokemon lol
looks like i am not the only 1 that life is screwing over, i too due to a sudden emergancy cannot make the phoenix even /cry, but its ok what i am thinking right now is call united airways and have them convert my plane ticket into future credit and then attend the LCQ in indi, sigh.......i had a beastly suprise team ready to go and everything, by the time indi rolls around it would have already been exposed probably and more people will knwo it. not to mention the LCQ will probably be twice as tough to win because players whom made it to the top 16 would come early to try and win a cash prize to make up for thier trip + players who came in general for a last chance at glory........%$#@

kamz

VGC 2011 Seniors Champion
dude me and my pal cheney are coming. cheney is a junior and he is going to get at least top 2 with his awseome team

looks like i am not the only 1 that life is screwing over, i too due to a sudden emergancy cannot make the phoenix even /cry, but its ok what i am thinking right now is call united airways and have them convert my plane ticket into future credit and then attend the LCQ in indi, sigh.......i had a beastly suprise team ready to go and everything, by the time indi rolls around it would have already been exposed probably and more people will knwo it. not to mention the LCQ will probably be twice as tough to win because players whom made it to the top 16 would come early to try and win a cash prize to make up for thier trip + players who came in general for a last chance at glory........%$#@
The only prize at the lcq is a spot at the national championships, and people who already have one aren't allowed to participate in the lcq.

Ninahaza

The only prize at the lcq is a spot at the national championships, and people who already have one aren't allowed to participate in the lcq.
o nice, thats awsome. looks like i will have no choice but to make it to top 16 in LCQ then, especially seeing the next day at nationals they arent filling up spots for those who didnt show[if this changes plz let me know]

mattj

blatant Nintendo fanboy
It won't just be 16. There WILL be more empty spots because not all the top 16 who get invites at regionals will have the money to send themselves to Nats. There will likeley be MANY extra people who get into Nats just because so and so who got an invite didn't show up.

Same at Worlds

... if you've got the money to fly to Hawaii.

It won't just be 16. There WILL be more empty spots because not all the top 16 who get invites at regionals will have the money to send themselves to Nats. There will likeley be MANY extra people who get into Nats just because so and so who got an invite didn't show up.

Same at Worlds

... if you've got the money to fly to Hawaii.
I highly doubt that this will happen, considering it specifically says that only 16 people from the LCQ get to play in the National tournament. I guess they did completely ignore the rules that were posted on the website last year in a few situations, so maybe they will do the same thing this year >_>

Ninahaza

i hope that they fill in the spots at nationals, says 112 invites total so say about 80-90 show up. thats alot of byes to give out, y not just fill em up. God nintendo WWHHHYYYY

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)