Monthly Art Contest!!!

Yilx

Sad
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Thanks dudes ;u;

I don't remember the brush set exactly, but I remember just Googling "Grunge Photoshop Brushes" or something like that, and there are a buttload you can just download for free? One of my friends sent me a huge bunch of them too, it was called Blur's Good Brush. I just love like, nasty dirty looking brushes I guess haha.
sweet god I love those brushes, thanks for the reccomendation!!!

Ya know, it's almost unfair allowing Rocket Grunt to compete in these competitions, it's like a lvl 100 Rayquaza fighting a bunch of level 70s. The lvl 70s will put up a good fight, but there's really no question of who's gonna win.

K9gamer- Looks great! I just have misgivings about the point where the fire exits his mouth. It just looks awkward to me. It looks like its shooting out of a tube. Otherwise, fantatstic! Love the realistic fire.

I shall close with the statement that everybody's submissions are extremely strong so far!
And to all a good night. Or day.

Just a reminder, the deadline is in three days!!!

Also, if you can, please post the actual image in your post instead of linking it. You don't have to, but it's just more convenient for us judges.

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
i dunno lol

BROS 4 LYFE

I saw this thread an hour or two ago and went OH I'VE NEVER DRAWN WEEZING so I did.

When watching the Pokemon anime as a kid I always thought Weezing was a pretty goofy guy, but after seeing some of the entries in this thread I've come to the conclusion that...

...he's fucking terrifying.

Oh my God though I love the entries from Yilx, Rocket Grunt and Shinxe so much.

[Wheezing coughs]
[Francis:] SMOKER!
[Dorandragon killed smoker]
[Bill:] Nice shot...
[Louis:] Grabbin' pills!

Lol that wheezing is the win-ess! lol good job shinxie!

So bucky, mind PMing the judges the day that judgeing begins?

Oh, and including a quote from each artist (containing their artwork) and a little [] beside each one they want to go through?
so for if I was to say, select someone at random for an example, like say rocketgrunt, if I wanted it to go through, I would put an x in the box, like this:
Okay, I think I'm all done with this dude.
Thank you so much for the encouragement, guys.
I really really appreciate it a lot.
Good luck every body!

[x]

So bucky, mind PMing the judges the day that judgeing begins?

Oh, and including a quote from each artist (containing their artwork) and a little [] beside each one they want to go through?
so for if I was to say, select someone at random for an example, like say rocketgrunt, if I wanted it to go through, I would put an x in the box, like this:
*artwork*[x]
O__O I thought I already PMed everyone...I guess I wasn't clear enough. Right after the deadline hits is when we begin judging. That means after 8pm tomorrow, you just follow the instructions in the PM (if you got it, if you didn't let me know), I really don't want to go through to many complications. For me to go through the thread, narrow down all of the submissions, then put them each into the PM and go through formatting each one into a quote and so on, it's too tedious for me to do alone right now. But if you would really prefer it that way, then maybe I could put you in charge of formatting the PMs to be sent to the judges? Otherwise, let's just keep things simple for now, this is only the first contest after all.

Actually, if you're alright with it, I'd actually like to do that.
*sheepish grin*

I'll just run through the thread, get a quote from each of the artists, format them like that, and send the reasults to you (following the judgeing format you sent us before, of course)
It would be nice if we could get a post or a PM or something to tell us when judgeing begins, though.

Actually, if you're alright with it, I'd actually like to do that.
*sheepish grin*

I'll just run through the thread, get a quote from each of the artists, format them like that, and send the reasults to you (following the judgeing format you sent us before, of course)
It would be nice if we could get a post or a PM or something to tell us when judgeing begins, though.
Awesome, thanks!! I'll PM everyone tomorrow then (:

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I'm going to be a rebel and post!

I'd just like to say that it was an incredibly hard decision to choose only 12 entries to go through to the polls (even though there were 20 entries) and I know that I've left out some pieces of work that I loved in my submissions as a judge.

I've been astounded by the level of work seen in this thread, and can safely say that it's the best art I have EVER seen so please please please keep it up for next week!

Kind regards,
~Alch

Alright, in spite of being attacked by Bucky, I would like to say a word to all the artists who took time and effort to make Koffing/ Wheezing artwork.

Thank you guys, seriously. There were many artists who came close to getting into the polls, but unfortunatly didn't make it. Honestly, I wouldn't let this discourage you. Just because there are several other artists who have more experience or time than you doesn't mean that your artwork is any less inspiring, or epic then theirs. Remember, with enough time and experience, you may eventually be as good as artists like Yilx, RocketGrunt, and Shinxe.

Honestly this has been a great experience. It's wonderful seeing so much talent and insperation in such a small place. It's really heartwarming. I can't wait to see what people will bring to the table in the next compition.

Good luck to all the finalists. That being said, hurry up with the poll, bucky. :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)