[OU RMT] It's a MAD WORLD!

Information on MAD WORLD

MadWorld is divided into several levels representing different parts of Jefferson Island that have been converted into sets for the game show DeathWatch. The player progresses through these levels in a linear fashion during the first playthrough, but can revisit any completed level to attempt to score more points or take on a harder challenge.

Three days prior to the events in the game, Varrigan City had become a target for a group of terrorists known as "The Organizers", who severed the island city's transportation and communication ties with the rest of the world, and then released a virus onto its population that would kill them in less than 24 hours. However, the Organizers informed the populace that any person that killed another would receive the vaccine. The city was quickly transformed into the stage of a recurring game show called Death Watch, with announcers Howard "Buckshot" Holmes and former DeathWatch fighter Kreese Kreeley. The remaining citizens of Varrigan City as well as new hopefuls become the show's contestants, hoping to become the top-ranked fighter in the game and win a large cash prize.

Introduction

This entire team, I blame on the Smogcast crew. They put the idea of a sweeping Sceptile in my head, and now I have to make a team for it, because it won’t leave me alone otherwise.

Anyways, I was listening to the Smogcast, when the mention of Sceptile came up. At first, I was quick to ignore this. I mean, Sceptile in OU? So many things can OHKO it easily, and the only thing I saw that it could do viably would be Choice Scarf Revenge Killing. They soon started talking about its uses in OU as a Special Sweeper. Immediately, the first thought that ran through my mind was, ‘Blissey walls the set, no matter what it is’, which is true. Blissey walls any Sceptile set that’s been created, except maybe Substitute + Leech Seed Sceptile with Toxic Spikes support.

Then, they started talking about how Life Orb Sceptile could sweep quite a large portion of OU, with the correct move-set. Naturally, I was still skeptical, until they started mentioning its partner, Magnezone. I had been looking for an excuse to use Magnezone for a while, but he didn’t fit into my other teams at all, since they had no problems with Scizor, and Skarmory started carrying Shed Shell
(something else I learned from the Smogcast).

I finished out the rest of the Podcast, set my iPod down, and got to work on this team. From there, everything just began to fall into place.

I completely ditched Sceptile after testing him, and getting some sound advice from the Smogon community, and replaced it with a Substitute + Focus Punch Breloom.

Note

Every member of this team is named after a specific track on the MAD WORLD Original Soundtrack, which I recommend picking up if you can find it
(which you should be able to, if you dig enough).

Look Pimpin'!

_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_
_|_

Survival (Azelf) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP | 4 Atk | 252 Spd
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SAtk)

• Stealth Rock
  • U-turn
  • Explosion
  • Taunt
Why This Pokemon: Uxie just wasn't doing it right. After it lost the Choice Scarf, it was horrendously slow. I wanted a Lead that hit fast, set up Stealth Rock, and could do a decent amount of damage. I had to look no further than Azelf. It has the same exact weaknesses and resistances as Uxie, so I don't have to update the Type-chart (thank God), or the section devoted to a Pokemon's weaknesses/resistances.

Why This Set: Changed the EVs on this set, as well as the Nature. With the given Nature and EVs, it defeats more Leads than it did before, including the frustrating Anti-Lead Machamp. I'm thinking of swapping out Focus Sash for Leftovers, to give myself some extra durability, and some recovery.

This set was mostly inspired by the Colbur Azelf Lead, which was created by Cooltrainer. This Azelf sacrifices straight offensive power, and goes for a balance between attack and defense.

252 HP EVs ensures that Machamp Payback (from the Substitute + Encore set on Smogon's analysis) will not OHKO, maxing out at 91.5, with the minimum being 77.4. However, should they be using the Attacking Anti-Lead Machamp, they'll be doing 97.2% (at maximum), and 82.5% at the minimum. Bullet Punch will do 16.7% - 19.8%, which means that there is a chance that they won't OHKO with Payback and Bullet Punch, with Explosion still being a OHKO (136.8% - 161.1%).

I chose Impish because of the move U-turn, and the 252 HP EVs. You'll see a better explanation in the Lead Analysis's.

Explosion is the move I use to take down one Pokemon, and it does massive damage, even with only 4 Atk EVs. It takes a huge chunk out of basically anything, and nothing can OHKO Azelf.

Stealth Rock is the best Utility move ever created, and the sole reason to use Azelf as a Lead, if you're not running Dual Screens.

Taunt is to hit those slower Leads, which are still plentiful, even with a neutral Nature.

Top Thirteen Leads

- U-turn out as they go for Taunt, and go to Breloom. From there, they'll go for Stealth Rock, or, if they've already used Stealth Rock, Taunt Breloom. Focus Punch doesn't care about Taunt in the slightest, and with the Focus Sash shattered due to U-turn, Aerodactyl is done. Takes a bit of prediction, but it gets the job done.

Aerodactyl: Rock Slide (252 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 36.4% - 43.2%

- U-turn out, then go to Tyranitar. If they used Taunt, now they have to worry about whether or not my Tyranitar is holding a Choice Scarf. If they used Stealth Rock, they're still worrying about Choice Scarf Tyranitar. At this point, they'll probably end up using Explosion, so Gengar would be a good switch-in.

Azelf: Fire Blast (252 SAtk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 49.2% - 57.9%
Azelf: Psychic (252 SAtk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 27.4% - 32.5%
Azelf: Explosion (4 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 150.8% - 177.7%

- I could Taunt it, to prevent Stealth Rock, but what Heatran would use Stealth Rock on Azelf? Logically, they would go straight for Fire Blast, bringing Azelf down to its Focus Sash. However, Azelf lives through standard Stealth Rock Lead Heatran Fire Blast with HP to spare. I can set up Stealth Rock in its face, then switch to Tyranitar to lure out Scizor.

Heatran: Fire Blast (252 SAtk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 75.7% - 89.3%
Heatran: Explosion (252 SAtk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 113.6% - 133.9%
Heatran: Hidden Power [Grass] (252 SAtk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 29.7% - 35%

- They go for Fake Out, and Azelf takes meager damage. From there, I can set up Stealth Rock, seeing as they're just barely out-speeding me, by a single Speed point. Should they chose to set up Stealth Rock the same turn that I do, that means that they will Fire Blast next turn, but I live through it and I can use Explosion on it. From there, I send in Tyranitar and Sandstorm finishes off the last 1 HP Infernape has left, while my opponent has to guess what set my Tyranitar has (and probably sending out Scizor as a counter).

Infernape: Fake Out (64 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 11% - 13.3%
Infernape: Fire Blast (252 SAtk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 64.7% - 76.3%
Infernape: Close Combat (64 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 24.6% - 28.8%

- Well, it really depends on what they're going for. If they use Trick and give me a Choice Scarf, then I can make use of it later on. If they chose to hold onto their Choice Scarf, all I need to do is set up Stealth Rock as they continuously use Iron Head, which gives me only a 40% chance of setting up Stealth Rock. However, seeing as they have a Choice Scarf and defeated Azelf, I can easily send in Magnezone, set up a Substitute as they do pathetic damage, and Thunderbolt it to death.

Jirachi: Iron Head (252 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 38.1% - 44.9%
Jirachi: U-turn (252 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 44.6% - 52.5%

- Yeah, I kind of use this set for the purpose of giving a gigantic middle-finger to Machamp. I wrote down all the notes I had on Machamp above, in the set analysis. I'll post the statistics here though, of the Anti-Lead set, and the Attacking Lead sets.

Machamp: Payback (160 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 77.4% - 91.5%
Machamp: Stone Edge (160 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 38.7% - 45.8%
Machamp: DynamicPunch (160 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 28.8% - 34.2%

Machamp:
Payback (240 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 82.5% - 97.2%
Machamp: Bullet Punch (240 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 16.7% - 19.8%
Machamp: Stone Edge (240 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 41.2% - 48.6%
Machamp: Ice Punch (240 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 30.8% - 36.4%
Machamp: DynamicPunch (240 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 30.8% - 36.4%

- I can go for Taunt or Stealth Rock here. Normally, I'll be going for Taunt first, seeing as Stone Edge doesn't even manage to do over 50% damage without a Critical Hit. Ice Shard isn't doing enough to get the 2HKO after Stone Edge, so I can risk using Taunt, then set-up Stealth Rock. From there, I can use U-turn or Explosion.

Mamoswine: Stone Edge (252 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 41.5% - 48.9%
Mamoswine: Stone Edge (252 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 24.9% - 29.7%

- I can set up Stealth Rock, and it's advisable that I do, as Meteor Mash and Bullet Punch can still OHKO, though I do have a change to survive, supposing that Meteor Mash doesn't get max damage (or an annoying Attack boost).

Metagross: Meteor Mash (236 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 63% - 74.6%
Metagross: Bullet Punch (236 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 25.4% - 29.9%
Metagross: Explosion (236 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 211% - 248.3%

- Fuck you, Ninjask. You are a massively annoying prick. Taunt gives you the sign to GTFO out though, so everything's okay. I'm so happy that Taunt goes through Substitutes, otherwise Ninjask would be a bigger threat. I set up Stealth Rock on the first turn, as they scout for Taunt/Trick. After that, Taunt, U-turn. Rock and roll from there.

Ninjask: X-Scissor (252 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 71.2% - 83.6%
Ninjask: Aerial Ace (252 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 26.3% - 31.4%

Ninjask: Aerial Ace (8 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 61% - 71.8%

- Out-speed it, use Taunt, then move to Stealth Rock. From there, Explosion, then switch to Tyranitar to defeat it.

Roserade: Leaf Storm (252 SAtk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 85.9% - 101.1%
Roserade: Hidden Power [Fire] (252 SAtk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 28.8% - 33.9%
Roserade: Grass Knot (252 SAtk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 12.1% - 14.7%

- Taunt it, Stealth Rock, Explosion. Rather simple to kill Swampert, but that's why I see it as one of the worst Leads. It may be bulky, and good for coming back late-game, but if it gets damaged to badly, or hit with Will-o-wisp/Toxic, it's as good as dead, and with no Recovery move of its own, other than Rest, you can easily get rid of it.

Swampert: Ice Beam (0 SAtk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 23.2% - 27.4%
Swampert: Surf (0 SAtk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 34.7% - 41%

- Not as large of a threat, but still a pretty bad bastard. Payback is still a clean OHKO, with Stone Edge managing a 2HKO, should they be lacking Payback for whatever reason. If they chose to set up Stealth Rock as opposed to attacking with Payback on the first turn, I can use Explosion and damage it to a decent degree.

Tyranitar: Payback (32 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 108.5% - 127.7%
Tyranitar: Stone Edge (32 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 54.2% - 63.8%

- They'll probably go for U-turn right off the bat, so my best bet would be to use Stealth Rock (I still out-speed). If they should stay in, Explosion is a nice OHKO, which is great.

Gliscor: U-turn (0 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 33.3% - 39.5%
Gliscor: Stone Edge (0 Atk) vs. Azelf (252 HP): 24% - 28.2%

P.S: I'm actually not too sure on the set that Lead Gliscor runs, so if someone could leave that in a post, I'll be able to generate some better statistics.

Weaknesses:

Resistances:

Bang (Magnezone) @
Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 40 HP | 252 SAtk |
216 Spd
Nature: Naive (+Spd, -SDef)

• Thunderbolt
  • Hidden Power [Ice]
  • Substitute
  • Explosion
Why This Pokemon: One of the most common things that happens after Azelf gets a KO on my opponent's Lead, they usually send in Scizor to either hit Pursuit, Bullet Punch, or U-turn. If they use the former two, then I have Scizor completely trapped with Magnezone. Thunderbolt is a 2HKO all of the time (unless they run a large amount of SDef investment, which makes Substitutes harder to break), which is something I need to open up the way for Salamence and Tyranitar, both of which can be OHKO'd by Scizor Bullet Punch in the right situation.

Magnezone also traps things like Fortress and Skarmory, both of which can cause serious problems for Salamence due to the set I'm using. Skarmory are running Shed Shell
49.3% of the time though, which can cause some problems. Forretress runs Shed Shell 31.1% of the time, so it's a slightly less problem to trap and kill, but I should still be careful, lest they carry Earthquake over Explosion and/or Gyro Ball.

Why This Set: Well, I tried out the Substitute + Magnet Rise set, and I was extremely disappointed. Using Substitute and Magnet Rise caused me to lost significant damage, something I desperately wanted. Surprisingly, Magnezone can come in on a weakened Choice Scarf Latias and hit it with Signal Beam or Explosion, with Signal Beam doing a minimum of 43.7%, but the smarter move would be to use Explosion and immediately kill Latias, doing a minimum of 102%, while a Choice Specs Surf does, at most, 70.5%.

Explosion murders Blissey, even though those have been rising in usage to 12.23%, doing a minimum of 71.6% on all Blissey sets, and then I can KO it with Salamence or Tyranitar.

Thunderbolt takes care of Water-types like Suicune, which can be a death sentence to my team if Breloom is down and out. Hidden Power [Ice] I actually feel is a bit redundant, seeing as Thunderbolt still 2HKOs most Dragons, bar Latias, which is KO'd by Explosion. I'm considering Hidden Power [Ground] as opposed to Hidden Power [Fire]. Currently, I'm running Hidden Power [Grass] though, to kill off Swampert, who otherwise walls this entire set, bar Explosion, which I prefer saving until Blissey/Latias, or I've trapped all their Steel-types, and I feel that Magnezone has no further use.

Edit: Changed the set from Choice Scarf to Substitute Magnezone, which is working much better than Substitute + Magnet Rise. Thunderbolt and Hidden Power [Ice] is giving me BoltBeam-esque coverage, and Substitute helps to increase Magnezone's sweeping potential, netting it at least two KOs, and a severely weakened Pokemon.

Weakness:

Resistances:

Mad World (Breloom) @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Atk | 252 Spd
Nature: Adamant (+Atk, -SAtk)

• Spore
  • Substitute
  • Focus Punch
  • Seed Bomb
Why This Pokemon: Well, I realized that I was using Sceptile as a Revenge Killer to ScartTar, which isn't smart in the slightest. What player in their right mind would leave a ScarfTar in on a Sceptile? Of course, no one keeps a Tyranitar in on Breloom either, but Breloom has the advantage of resisting Tyranitar's major STAB attacks, Spore, and Poison Heal, giving my team a Status Absorber of sorts, which is something useful on any team.

Why This Set: I'm tempted to write 'Standard SubPunch is standard', but I never liked writing one sentence descriptions. Breloom can absolutely destroy teams single-handedly, with only a single turn of set-up. You send Breloom in on something that can't do much hard (ScarfTar for example), Substitute on their switch-in, Spore, and if they destroyed your Substitute set-up another, and then go to town with Focus Punch and Seed Bomb. Even Latias, a "great counter' to Breloom takes 48.7% - 57.3% from a single Focus Punch to the throat, 2HKOing it should Stealth Rock be set up.

Seed Bomb, Breloom's secondary STAB, does 34.9% - 41.4% to Standard Rotom-A, which isn't much, but still pretty decent damage, especially if they're taken hits prior to switching in to Breloom. Breloom might as well be my contingency plan. If Salamence and Tyranitar have worn down my opponent's team to practically nothing, but they're still hanging on, send out this beast and watch it go to town on their team.

Sorry, Sceptile. I found someone better.

Weakness:

Resistances:

Breathe (Salamence) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate

• Dragon Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Outrage
  • Roost
Why This Pokemon: Salamence works perfectly with Magnezone and Azelf, as well as Sceptile. Azelf draws in Scizor, which are promptly 2HKO'd by my Magnezone. The meta-game is in such shambles that everyone believes 'Oh, I run Bullet Punch Scizor, and that will be my Salamence counter!', not realizing that some people do still run Magnezone on their teams, even though Magnezone usage has taken a moderate hit. Once Scizor has been done away with, Salamence runs rampant on teams, completely destroying them due to a lack of a true Salamence counter.

Why This Set: I'll admit, this set is a bit stranger than the normal 232 Atk | 24 SpA | 252 Spd set, using Roost as opposed to Fire Blast, but there's a method to this madness.

Magnezone, if I can play my cards right, can eliminate Steel-types (which is really only Scizor, Skarmory, non-Agility Lucario, and Forretress) that would otherwise wall this set indefinitely. However, with Magnezone taking down those bothersome Steel-types, Salamence has no real need to run Fire Blast, allowing me to put those SAtk EVs back into Atk, giving Salamence a 4 | 252 | 252 EV spread.

Roost allows Salamence to get rid of his Flying-type (which doesn't help much if I'm being attacked by an Ice-type attack), allowing me to heal off Life Orb recoil and Sandstorm damage, letting Salamence keep going after other Salamence would have died out.

Earthquake is a necessity to hit Heatran, something that may be trapped by Magnezone, but can OHKO with either of its two main attacks, Fire Blast and Earth Power. Salamence resists/negates both, making Salamence an even better partner for Magnezone.

Outrage is rather iffy for me.I've never liked the accompanying Confusion status, but the only real alternative is Dragon Claw, but using Dragon Claw over Outrage loses me some valuable KOs that my team can't afford to miss.

Weaknesses:

Resistances:

Get It Up! (Gengar) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SAtk | 252 Spd
Nature: Timid (+Spd, -Atk)

• Substitute
  • Pain Split
  • Shadow Ball
  • Focus Blast
Why This Pokemon: It has damn near the same resistances as Rotom-w, it's faster, and it hits harder. It can out-stall Blissey, destroy Starmie, and scout for Scizor (since they like to switch in on resisted Shadow Ball every now and again).

To put it bluntly, Rotom-w wasn't performing up to standard. Nothing against the set, but it was dying far too quickly, and it didn't handle Blissey very well, if at all.

Why This Set: Why not use this set? It works so well against the usual Gengar counters, such as Choice Band Scizor, Choice Scarf Tyranitar, and Blissey.

I can, behind a Substitute, switch out from Choice Band Scizor Pursuit with no adverse side-effects, I can kill off Scarf Tyranitar from behind a Substitute with Focus Blast, and I can drain and then 2HKO Blissey with Pain Split and Focus Blast.

Substitute is the main crux of this set, blocking Status, trappers, and Choice Scarf Pokemon from Revenge Killing me. It's amazingly easy to set up a Substitute, especially with the plethora of Choice Band/Scarf Earthquake that people just fire off haphazardly.

Shadow Ball is a standard move on Gengar, and should require no explanation, ever.

Focus Blast, despite having terrible accuracy, is one of the main legs Gengar stands on. Focus Blast deals with so many things that cause problems for this set, it's not even funny. Tyranitar and Blissey are great mentions of how Gengar can dominate with Focus Blast, provided it actually hits, which is an insane concept by itself.

Pain Split is what allows me to defeat Blissey, and robs walls like Snorlax as well, of their health, so I can KO with Focus Blast/Shadow Ball.

Weaknesses:

Resistances:

Deathwatch (Tyranitar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)

• Crunch
  • Dragon Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Stone Edge
Why This Pokemon: Does anyone ever need a reason to run Tyranitar on their team, other than the fact that it's a total badass? Tyranitar, ever since showing up on the Competitive Battling scene, has been snappin' necks and cashin' checks. R/S/E/FR/LG is where Tyranitar really started reaching its full potential, gaining another valuable asset, one under the name of 'Dragon Dance'. With it, Tyranitar became the Pokemon that you needed to prepare for, lest you get your ass completely handed to you on a sandy platter.

Tyranitar works well with Magnezone and Salamence, using each others resistances to keep momentum constantly in my favor, without sacrificing offensive power.

Why This Set: Honestly, who expects Dragon Dance anymore? If you ask a lot of people, they'll tell you that Dragon Dance Tyranitar died out when Bullet Punch Scizor was introduced to the OU meta-game, and those people would be right. Bullet Punch Scizor was the decisive nail in the coffin for DDTar, though, the Rotom-A formes didn't help matters one bit.

However, with Magnezone, I can trap Scizor. And, without Scizor to harass Tyranitar as he's Dragon Dancing, I can completely steamroll teams. Like Salamence, people rely on Scizor for their be all, end all counter to Tyranitar. When Magnezone KOs my opponent's Scizor, and I send in Dragon Dance Tyranitar during the final phase of the battle, they're usually at a complete loss at what to do. Sometimes, they'll send in Flygon for the initial counter, and I've gotta say, that's the only thing that can really stop me, if I haven't gotten a Dragon Dance in yet. And yet, even with Flygon, if they're running Choice Scarf, their Earthquake can only manage 74.3% - 87.7%, U-turn getting a paltry 34.5% - 40.9%. If they're running Choice Band, then not only do I out-speed after Dragon Dance, I OHKO with Crunch doing 114.2% - 134.4%. Choice Band has no real chance, seeing as I Dragon Dance as they switch to Flygon, wrecking them completely if they switch to Choice Band, and damaging whatever they send in after U-turn.

At +0, Life Orb Adamant Tyranitar Crunch does 92.8% - 109.2% to Standard Bulky Rotom-A, and 95.4% - 113.2% to ResTalk variations.

Choice Specs Latias, one of, if not the, most dangerous sets Latias can run, can only manage 53.8% - 63.7% with Surf, and takes a nice 139.1% - 163.6% at +0 from Crunch.

I changed Tyranitar's nature to Jolly, since it could use the extra Speed, and with Life Orb as his Held Item, he'll still be hitting just as hard. Even with a Jolly nature, at +0, I'm doing 98.7% - 116.4%, more than enough to OHKO with Stealth Rock down.

I went Life Orb over Lum Berry because this Tyranitar should be coming in on something that can't threaten it at all, and then using Dragon Dance. At that point, Rotom-A would only be food for Tyranitar's Crunch, I'll be at +1 with a Life Orb, and I've got Jolly to out-run things like Flygon.

I think Dragon Dance Tyranitar has been forgotten about, lost amidst Choice Band Scizor, Choice Scarf Tyranitar, and Choice Specs Latias. I say that we give it a proper resurrection, one that such a monster deserves.

Weaknesses:

Resistances:

Mad World (Breloom) @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 68 HP | 252 Atk | 188 Spd

• Spore
  • Substitute
  • Focus Punch
  • Seed Bomb
Breathe (Salamence) @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
Nature: Jolly (+Spe, -SAtk)

• Dragon Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Outrage
  • Roost
Deathwatch (Tyranitar) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Stream
Nature: Jolly (+Spd, -SAtk)

• Crunch
  • Dragon Dance
  • Earthquake
  • Taunt

Soul (Rotom-h) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP | 120 Def | 136 SDef
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)

• Reflect
  • Thunderbolt
  • Shadow Ball
  • Overheat
What It'd Replace: Rotom-w

Why This Pokemon:
Rotom-h brings the same resistances to the table as it did the first time around, so that's a definite plus for it. I really don't feel like copying and pasting the analysis that I wrote for Rotom-h the first time, so could you just read that instead? It's the exact same thing.

Why This Pokemon: Well, this Rotom-h, unlike the other, is a team player, while also functioning as a sweeper of sorts. Reflect helps out Salmence and Tyranitar, both of which like the boost in Def, with Sandstorm raising Tyranitar's SpD, and Salamence likes to manipulate the -1 Atk my opponent gets from Intimidate.

Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Overheat provide decent coverage, hitting things like Latias (61.6% - 73.5% if Choice Scarf), Gyarados (obvious OHKO is obvious), and Scizor (if Mangezone has been KO'd unexpectedly).

---

Survival
(Swampert) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP | 252 Def | 4 Spd
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spd)

• Stealth Rock
  • Protect/Roar
  • Earthquake
  • Ice Beam
Why This Pokemon: Swampert would provide a bulky Lead, a Pokemon that can come back into the match late game and tank for a bit. Swampert makes a great partner for Magnezone, resisting each others weaknesses for the most part, which is great, since Magnezone has to stay alive long enough to trap Scizor and/or Skarmory, neither of which hit Swampert particularly hard.

Why This Set: Well, this is rather standard MixLeadPert. Protect would help scout against Trick Pokemon, and Explosion, but Roar would help me scout the opponent's entire team one piece at a time, and rack up damage from Stealth Rock.

Speaking of which, Stealth Rock is a vital part of this team. With it, a lot of 2HKOs become OHKOs, 3HKOs turn to 2HKOs and so on and so forth.

Ice Beam would be to hit things like Salamence (the possibly banned Dragon) for the OHKO after Stealth Rock, with Earthquake providing great coverage when paired with Ice Beam.

Survival (Starmie) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 4 HP | 252 Spd | 252 SAtk

• Hydro Pump
  • Ice Beam
  • Thunderbolt
  • Trick
Why This Pokemon: Honestly, I couldn't think of anything else to put here. This team does need Stealth Rock, but I couldn't think of anywhere to put it. Starmie is working great as a Lead though.

With Choice Scarf, I always have the choice (pardon the pun) to either cripple the opponent's Lead Pokemon, or save the Choice Scarf for later on during the match, to use Starmie as a Revenge Killer later on during the match.

I feel that TrickScarf Starmie should be in the Top Ten, or at least Top Twelve, most used Leads, just because it works against against practically all Leads, OHKO or 2HKO-ing everything, bar a few odd leads.

Why This Set:

Well, I needed a decent Anti-Lead set that could take care of a decent amount of Leads that are swarming around. Starmie beats quite a few Leads, thanks to Choice Scarf. Let's go through each one of the Top Twelve Leads.

As you can see, Anti-Lead Starmie with Thunderbolt and Ice Beam over Stealth Rock can do quite a bit more damage, and should Starmie live throughout its Anti-Lead role, it can become a dangerous Revenge Killer, which is great.

---

Soul (Rotom-h) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP | 120 Def | 136 SDef
Nature: Bold (+Def, -Atk)

• Shadow Ball
  • Pain Split
  • Substitute
  • Will-o-wisp
Why This Pokemon: Well, I was planning to use Rotom-A from the very start. The question is, what kind of Rotom-A? Eventually, I settled on Rotom-H, though I think I should Choice Scarf this thing, and run it as somewhat of a check against non-Scarfed Latias. Rotom-h has, so far, brought a way to defeat ScarfTar much easier than if I ran anything else in this slot. Of course, that's assuming that Sceptile has already fallen to some sort of previous damage.

Why This Set: Honestly, I don't know. At first, I was planning on using this set as a check to ScarfTar. Then, I realized that ScarfTar really isn't that big of a threat to this team as a whole. As long as Sceptile is still around, ScarfTar is easily OHKO'd by Leaf Storm, so that's no problem at all. I stumbled upon another set that looks like it would fit this team a bit more. This set was replaced due to, in all honesty, not doing anything beneficial in the slightest for the entire team. Yeah, it Burned things a few times, but other than that, it just sat around and did nothing.

---

Mad World (Sceptile) @ Life Orb
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 28 HP | 252 SAtk |
228 Spd

• Dragon Pulse
  • Hidden Power [Fire]
  • Focus Blast
  • Leaf Storm
Why This Pokemon: Sceptile, not only providing an above average Special Sweeper on this team, is perfect Scizor bait, and it can easily Revenge Kill Choice Scarf Tyranitar, OU's newest favorite set that just about everyone is infatuated with. This set was suggested to all the listeners of the Smogcast, which was suggested to them by a user by the name of Silent Echo, so I give credit to him/her for creating such an effective set.

Why This Set: Like I stated above, this Sceptile is capable of out-speeding and OHKO-ing Tyranitar with Leaf Storm (149.1% - 176%), or Focus Blast (170.8% - 201.2%), which is great, since Choice Scarf Tyranitar can do some heavy damage to my entire team, with me being only able to Revenge Kill it at best. Leaf Storm also destroys Vaporeon (119.2% - 140.6%) and Gliscor (91.8% - 108.5%), two Pokemon that love to run with Choice Scarf Tyranitar.

Hidden Power [Fire] completely wrecks Scizor that try to switch in unharmed. Hidden Power [Fire], even after the SpA drop from Leaf Storm, does 60.6% - 72.3% damage, which is more than enough for Salemence to KO Scizor on the switch-in with Earthquake and/or Outrage.

Focus Blast, despite being an absolutely terrible move, is necessary on this set for providing maximum coverage. Sceptile can out-speed all all variations of Heatran, bar Choice Scarf Heatran, but none of that matters in the slightest, since Focus Blast cannot OHKO any Heatran set, unless it's been weakened by at least 50%.

Dragon Pulse hits Dragon-types for decent damage, and I can use it to Revenge Kill weakened Latias (doing 58.3% - 68.9%), and it can hit a weakened Salamence for a maximum of 105.1% on standard Dragon Dance sets, which can KO it if it's been weakened by Sandstorm and Life Orb recoil, 83.8% - 99.1% on Classic Mixmence, and 88.8% - 105.1% on New Mixmence, all OHKO'd with Stealth Rock in play, which I'm currently testing with Swampert over Starmie as a lead.
It's kind of ironic that the Pokemon that I built the team for was one of the ones to be replaced, but I assume that happens a lot.

---

Survival (Uxie) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 HP | 104 Def | 152 Spd
Nature: Impish (+Def, -SAtk)

• Trick
  • Stealth Rock
  • U-turn
  • Thunder Wave
Why This Pokemon: I needed Stealth Rock, but I wanted something decently bulky enough. Uxie fits both fields, and can use the TrickScarf strategy almost exactly like Starmie. Uxie, unlike its brother Azelf, has the power to come back in during the match and set up Stealth Rock if it couldn't manage it the first time, which is great for my team, since it revolves around a lot of switching to counter everything. Now, let's take a look at the Top Twelve Leads, shall we?

---

Soul (Rotom-w) @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 HP | 252 SpA | 252 Spd

• Shadow Ball
  • Pain Split
  • Thunderbolt
  • Hydro Pump
Why This Pokemon: Well, I was planning to use Rotom-A from the very start. The question is, what kind of Rotom-A? At first, I ran a Pain Split + Will-o-wisp Rotom-H, which didn't really work out that well. That's not to say the set was terrible, because it wasn't. It just didn't have the Speed I needed, and the lone attacking move (Shadow Ball) just let me down too many times for me to keep Rotom-H around.

So, I traded in Rotom-H for Rotom-w, a sweeping version at that. This thing can completely wreck teams that are unprepared for it, especially teams that try to run Blissey to counter it, which get their HP ripped away by Pain Split, though, the Shoddy glitch that causes 10% with Pain Split if you have a Life Orb equipped is a massive pain, and I'm considering ditching Pain Split completely for Substitute.

Why This Set:
That set looks much more appealing to me compared to this current set. Like I said above though, I'm also thinking of just Scarfing it and letting it run as a Revenge Killer alongside Magnezone and/or Starmie.
I'm also contemplating a Choice Specs Rotom-A forme, for more raw power.

Shadow Ball, on the switch-on, decimates Latias to insane levels. 78.1% is the minimum, with 92.1% being the maximum, giving me a chance to OHKO, if I'm Stealth Rock is up.

Thunderbolt is for taking care of Bulky Water-types that switch into Hydro Pump without much fear. Hydro Pump rounds out the set as Rotom-w's most powerful attack, and provides great coverage with the two accompanying attacks.

Pain Split is to hurt Blissey (though, I shouldn't be staying in on Blissey in the first place), and to recover off Life Orb damage at the expense of my opponent's health.

I'm also currently testing out Substitute over Pain Split, and it's working astonishingly well. You wouldn't believe how easy it is for Rotom-w to get a Substitute up with all the Earthquake and Fighting-type attacks flying around.

Interesting Facts

I only have one Pokemon weak to Stealth Rock, and he has Roost to negate that damage. On the flip side, three of my Pokemon are vulnerable to Spikes, and one to Toxic Spikes.

I resist every single type...and I'm weak to nearly every type at the same time. Paradox? Perhaps...

Thanks for any and all rates, guys. This concludes my first RMT on Smogon,

The team format was shamelessly stolen from New UU LonelyBalance, a team created by the awe-inspiring LonelyNess.

Once again, I have to thank all of Smogon for these rates. They've given me a better insight as to what my team is weak against, and what needed to be changed. I think I'd be lost without you guys. Thanks again.

where did your entry hazard user go. You need Stealthrock/spikes in order to sweep or it just makes it alot easier. I think you could make Tyranitar bulkier and put stealthrock somewhere in it's moveslot because you have Salamence who is already sweeping with dragon dance.

What's up? I got your PM so here I go:

To be really honest, I see Swampert just fullfilling a better leading role then Starmie, although Starmie may help you start the match great, Swampert may help you have an easier time for your team-mates to better sweep your opponents with Stealth Rock in effect:

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd [or 4SpAtk]
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Protect
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake

Great lead and almost always guarantees an automatic Stealth Rock up. Swampert also just has great synergy with Magenezone because they cover eachothers weakness so well. And with Swampert, you'll have a much easier time deleaing with DD Salamence because Swampert takes 73.8% - 87.1% from +1 DD + Life Orb Outrage and you automatically retaliate back with 96.7% - 114.8% which grants you about 80% chance for the KO. But with Sand Storm and Stealth Rock, it's just not going to live on Swampert. I suggested 4 Speed EVs because if you're going to run Roar against other Swamperts, you're going to Roar first because you're faster, so you'll get the chance to scout enemy teams. If not roar, then protect to also scout incoming moves. Earthquake is for great covering on Metagross leads, sometimes they will explode which is why Protect is on that set, or you can switch to Rotom-h and have a free kill.

About Sceptile, your calulations are wrong. Sceptile's Life Orb Dragon Pulse deals 58.3% - 68.9% on Latias (whom are not defensive variants.) Sceptile's Life Orb Dragon Pulse also deals great damage to MixMence who loses 88.8% - 105.1%, which is why I suggested a Stealth Rock lead like Swampert, so Sceptile will net you a OHKO if SR is in play.

Rotom can be a little more bulky incase a +1 DD Gyarados comes and takes one of your guys out, because DD variants can really hurt this team if they have Ice Fang (rare,) and if they have Stealth Rocks in play, Salamence is in trouble:

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat​

This one is very useful to outspeed Adamant Lucario and KO with Overheat, or if you want a more bulky one, this:

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def Spe / 168 Def
- Will-o-wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat

I like this because this is also a good check on CB Adamant Scizor if Magnezone is gone or vice-versa. It also adds extra bulk to survive a +1 DD + Life Orb Waterfall from Gyarados which takes about 66.1% - 78% and just destroy it with Thunderbolt for the OHKO. Will-o-wisp again can be switched for Reflect to have some help stat-upping chances for T-tar and Salamence so they can better sweep without taking much hits, especially with the help of Intimidate coming from Salamence. If you still need help, just let me know and good luck with your team.

What's up? I got your PM so here I go:
Thanks for responding so quickly. I've been looking for rates, but seeing as I posted this near 5:00 AM, I wasn't expecting too many after first posting it.

To be really honest, I see Swampert just fulfilling a better leading role then Starmie, although Starmie may help you start the match great, Swampert may help you have an easier time for your team-mates to better sweep your opponents with Stealth Rock in effect:

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd [or 4SpAtk]
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Roar / Protect
- Ice Beam
- Earthquake
Well, I've never been a real fan of Swampert leads, due to their tendency to be TrickBait (as well as TauntBait), having no Recovery move other than Rest, and just being slow as hell.

Of course, there are some pluses that come with Swampert leads. Rarely, if ever, OHKO'd by other Leads, bar Explosion or a strange Hidden Power [Grass]
. I think I'll run Protect over Roar first, to scout for Choice Trick Pokemon, Taunt, and Explosion.

Great lead and almost always guarantees an automatic Stealth Rock up. Swampert also just has great synergy with Magenezone because they cover each others weakness so well. And with Swampert, you'll have a much easier time defeating with DD Salamence because Swampert takes 73.8% - 87.1% from +1 DD + Life Orb Outrage and you automatically retaliate back with 96.7% - 114.8% which grants you about 80% chance for the KO.
Huh, I never knew that. I mean, I knew that Swampert survived +1 Outrage, but I didn't know that it could so easily OHKO back. I guess Swampert does have a few uses outside of being a Lead, though, if its taken prior damage while setting up Stealth Rock, Swampert would easily walk all over Swampert.

But with Sand Storm and Stealth Rock, it's just not going to live on Swampert. I suggested 4 Speed EVs because if you're going to run Roar against other Swamperts, you're going to Roar first because you're faster, so you'll get the chance to scout enemy teams. If not roar, then protect to also scout incoming moves. Earthquake is for great covering on Metagross leads, sometimes they will explode which is why Protect is on that set, or you can switch to Rotom-h and have a free kill.
Yeah, I've always liked switching to my Ghost-type when my opponent uses Explosion, especially with Rotom-A, because they really have to be careful and think about what set I'm running.

Like I said above, I'll be testing Protect over Roar first, and then Roar. I think I'll (probably) end up sticking with Protect though, just for the fact that it scouts, nets Leftovers recovery, and will (should Tyranitar have already been sent out) give my opponent another turn of Sandstorm damage.

About Sceptile, your calulations are wrong. Sceptile's Life Orb Dragon Pulse deals 58.3% - 68.9% on Latias (whom are not defensive variants.) Sceptile's Life Orb Dragon Pulse also deals great damage to MixMence who loses 88.8% - 105.1%, which is why I suggested a Stealth Rock lead like Swampert, so Sceptile will net you a OHKO if SR is in play.
Yeah, after checking the Smogon Damage Calculator again, I realized that you're right. I must have been calculating a different Pokemon, and kept Sceptile on the calculator with Dragon Pulse, and recorded the wrong calculation.

Yeah, that's another great reason to run Stealth Rock, which is why I mentioned on Starmie's analysis that I needed Stealth Rock on this team somewhere, but I couldn't think of anywhere to fit it.

Rotom can be a little more bulky incase a +1 DD Gyarados comes and takes one of your guys out, because DD variants can really hurt this team if they have Ice Fang (rare,) and if they have Stealth Rocks in play, Salamence is in trouble:
Well, so far, I haven't run into any Ice Fang variations of Gyarados. Mostly, it's the same Dragon Dance/Stone Edge/Earthquake/Waterfall sets you see on nearly every other team, with maybe a few EV modifications. I have seen a few Bulky Taunt Gyarados though, and some ResTalk Roar Gyarados, the latter pissing me off extremely if Magnezone can't Revenge Kill it.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 68 Def / 188 Spd
- Reflect
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
This one is very useful to outspeed Adamant Lucario and KO with Overheat, or if you want a more bulky one, this:
I'll be testing this one first. This Rotom-A just seems like a team player with Reflect, even though this set doesn't really do much to ScarfTar, but with Reflect up, at least I don't have to fear Crunch/Pursuit as badly as I do now.

Rotom-h @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def Spe / 168 Def
- Will-o-wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat

I like this because this is also a good check on CB Adamant Scizor if Magnezone is gone or vice-versa. It also adds extra bulk to survive a +1 DD + Life Orb Waterfall from Gyarados which takes about 66.1% - 78% and just destroy it with Thunderbolt for the OHKO. Will-o-wisp again can be switched for Reflect to have some help stat-upping chances for T-tar and Salamence so they can better sweep without taking much hits, especially with the help of Intimidate coming from Salamence. If you still need help, just let me know and good luck with your team.
Yeah, if Magnezone is done, then Scizor becomes a slight problem, though, Rotom-H is able to Burn it and wear it down.

I might try this second set, since it's a bit bulkier than the first, which looks like it could help with setting up Reflect on my opponents.

Thanks for the rate, and I'll make sure to test out these suggestions.

Hello, got your PM, so here goes.

Your team seems to be trying to setup a sweep from your DD Salamence and DD Tyranitar. This is a potent combination and can be very deadly, so I think focusing there is great. Magnezone is a great complement to them, taking out the Scizor and Skarmory they hate. The rest of your team seems decent, but I have a few suggestions to consider that might help you a lot.

First, Sceptile, while fast, does not make a good switch-in to Tyranitar since it doesn't resist Stone Edge or Crunch. I think if you're looking for a Grass-type to resist EQ, Stone Edge, and Crunch, you should look no further than Breloom to replace your Sceptile. Breloom can also put something to sleep that might bother your sweepers. With Magnezone in the wings, too, you don't have to worry too much about Scizor bothering your Breloom either. Breloom is also phenomenal at switching into status and Blissey, and can also take down all of the bulky waters that trouble your sweepers. I think a SubPunch set would work nicely here.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spe
Nature: Adamant
~ Spore
~ Substitute
~ Focus Punch
~ Seed Bomb

With this, you're really going to need to get Stealth Rock down. You also want to try to keep Stealth Rock away early on. Aerodactyl would be the best for this, but you could also really use a fast Explosion against things like Swampert and other bulky waters that bother your sweepers. You can try an Aerodactyl if you want, though, but I recommend the following lead Azelf.

Azelf @ Focus Sash
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
~ Taunt
~ Stealth Rock
~ Explosion
~ Fire Blast

You also should run Thunderbolt on Rotom-A, using the Standard set as Rugaji suggested. (His second posted set, not the Reflect one)

I also think you should run the following Magnezone set. Hidden Power Grass isn't OHKOing anything other than Swampert, since you have TBolt for those kids. I also will not suggest Hidden Power Fire, because it is a free turn of setup for Gyarados and Salamence, who at +1 can run through your team. You don't want to give them that opportunity. I will instead recommend Flash Cannon for STAB and killing opposing non-Scarfed Tyranitar and Hidden Power Ice for Flygon locked into Outrage or MixMence.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Nature: Naive
~ Thunderbolt
~ Flash Cannon
~ Hidden Power Ice
~ Explosion

Try out these suggestions and I'm sure that you'll find them beneficial to your team. Cheers and good luck!

I actually want you to choose Roar too because it helps scout things you can't keep Swampert in, mainly Heatran and Metagross, they don't care if they SR or not, they just don't want your SR up and eliminate Swampert. Ice Fang Gyarados are so uncommon now, most are starting to run T-Wave or Taunt again, but Rotom ise a good check on Gyarados.

Anyways, good team, my suggestions should help increase your team defensively while helping your sweepers setup. GL.

First off, Rising Dusk, Sceptile does outspeed Scarftar. 228 Speed EV, + Nature Sceptile AKA his reaches 366 speed. Max Speed Jolly Scarftar reaches 364 Speed. So Sceptile outspeeds any and all forms of Scarftar. Although it seems you noticed this while I was posting and edited anyway so BLUH BLUH

You seem to be disastisfied with Rotom, but I assume you want a Ghost there. In that case, how about Gengar? Specifically, SubSplit Gengar. It beats the Blissey that walls your Sceptile, gives you another effective anti-stall tool and retains the important Fighting/Ground immunity of Rotom. It's fast speed combined with decent power works well with your hard 'n' heavy hitters like Sceptile and Scarfzone, and Focus Blast OHKOs most forms of Heatran(252 HP/252 Sp. DEF Calm Heatran takes 78.5% - 93.1%, So Yeah). The only problem is that it doesn't like Scarftar if it's Substitute gets broken. However, you have Sceptile to kill Scarftar and Salamence/Tyranitar to come in on any Scarftar locked into Pursuit, set up and make it your bitch. So I think it's worth testing.

The set is 4 DEF, 252 Sp. ATK, 252 Speed EVs, with a moveset of Substitute, Pain Split, Shadow Ball and Focus Blast and a Timid nature and Life Orb. You may wish to consider running HP Fire over Shadow Ball if you don't expect Gengar to do any sweeping, as you can fake a standard Substitute set and catch Scizor who think you're a standard SubSplit Gengar off guard. However, you lose all your sweeping potential basically. So be prepared with that trade-off if you go that route. The only problem is it doesn't help your Machamp weakness at all.

Hmm, lemme start by saying i like the weakness chart, its pretty xD.

Your starmie is a good set... but not as reliable an anti-lead as giving it said name would imply. If you're looking for anti leads there are some much more decent ones that can manage to get SR off as well, so you may consider changing to one of them. Trickscarf starmie is nice, but its better to spring on walls or as a revenge killer later in the game instead of dying to an explosion that predicted your trick and/or revealing that you have starmie in the first place.

if a sceptile comes in on a ttar, do you really thing they're gonna let it get revenge killed :/? on scarf tar, you can almost always send out breloom to get a free sleep... but thats not just tar for breloom. He is the largest threat to most walls in the game, and causes problems with sleep and large focus punches/seed bombs that are only covered by pokemon like latias, rotom, and celebi. It would be a good way to discourage ttar from coming out, as well as taking out a decent number of common priority using pokemon that can cause DD users hell.

I like the direction you're going with the dual DD that bounce off each other well like that, you're almost guaranteed to get a DD off in each fight, especially if you use pokemon that counter common problems they have.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hi. Responding to your PM.

I quite like this team, and I must admit to having made a similar one after the recent Smogcast. Your formatting and explanations are also excellent.

The first thing that strikes me is that your team does not carry SR, which is rather a necessity when it comes to checking Dragon Dance Salamence among others. The trick-scarfing plan I have found to work very well in this sort of team, but I would recommend a Trickscarf Azelf or Uxie, since these can also provide SR as well, whilst still attracting Scizor (I am using Uxie on my similar team.) I have to say that I agree about Swampert being ineffective as a lead - to me I'm afraid it usually shows only laziness or lack of thought as to what lead would actually fit the team.

I think a substitute Magnezone would benefit you much more than your current set. The idea is to make up for that loss of a pokemon by setting up on that Scizor. Magnet rise, on the other hand, is very overrated, and I rarely find myself using it. What I would suggest is that you run Substitute/Hp ice/Thunderbolt/Explosion, since exploding from behind a sub really will catch Blissey off-guard. When it comes to scarfed revenge-killing, it seems far less impressive when you consider that Sceptile is faster and more powerful. There are a few threats you are checking by running a scarf, but mainly it is just Lucario that it is checking, who could be checked by making small changes elsewhere.

Salamence is unlikely to survive for long, even with Roost, given that it has Life Orb and Outrage. Since you don't seem to like the confusion from Outrage, how about Lum Berry as the item? This avoids telegraphing that your Mence doesn't carry a LO as it switches in, and can save you from Thunderwaves and Will-o-wisps from Blissey and rotom, allowing you to set up on them. You should also still be considering Flamethrower or Fire Blast, since Magnezone is fairly unlikely to take out multiple steel-types. Making Mence physically bulky and using Leftovers and Dragon Claw would be a way to make Salamence a decent Lucario check if you follow my advice on Magnezone.

I'm not quite sure about what you said regarding Tyranitar. Babiri berry is absolutely standard on DDtar now, and as such people always carry another check for it. Therefore I would not assume that Tyranitar will easily sweep a team. All I can say is that with a Life Orb, you should definitely be considering a Jolly nature, since you will still be more powerful than a standard DDtar, but cannot be revenge-killed by any Gengar or opposing Scarf Ttar (without resorting to a speed tie.) Otherwise, Lum berry should be considered again for setting up on Rotom-A and Blissey and otehr status-users.

Good luck

I use DDtar as my main sweeper on nearly all of my teams and I found that Lum Berry is great with DDtar. With lum you can set up 1 dd on the WoW and if they miss (which happens often) go for 2. Lum berry saves your butt and then you can sweep with +2 atk and spd

Snorlaxe

2 kawaii 4 u
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey TSP, got your PM.

This is a pretty cool team. The formatting is excellent, and you have yourself a very solid and successful DDTar-Magnezone-DDMence core, which is a pretty cool combination. However, I'm not so sure that TrickScarf Starmie is very necessary on your team. TrickScarf Starmie is generally used on teams that need both a solid lead who can do damage right off the bat and a Rapid Spinner. Your team doesn't need Rapid Spin support too badly, however, and so I think that it would be safe to run another Pokemon. Your team also sorely wants Stealth Rock, as at the moment, your lack of it is really hurting your team. I think that a solid Pokemon to use as a lead instead of Starmie would be a TrickScarf Uxie. TrickScarf Uxie functions similarly to Starmie, but is much bulkier, has access to Stealth Rock, and can paralyze opposing Pokemon with Thunder Wave, making it a great team player. Try this:

Uxie @ Choice Scarf | Levitate
Bold nature | 252 HP | 104 Def | 152 Spe
Trick | Thunder Wave | Stealth Rock | Psychic

The name of the game is fairly simple: Trick an opposing lead, locking them into Stealth Rock. Then use Thunder Wave to paralyze the switch-in. Finally, set up Stealth Rock.

Anyway, I agree with jc104 that Substitute Magenzone would be a better addition to this team over your current set. Scarf Magnezone generally sees the most merit when being used as a solid Swords Dance Lucario check, but you already have that in Rotom and (if you chose to use it) Uxie. Overall, a much better option would just be the set that jc104 outlined for you. Your team offers plenty of places for Scizor to come in and tear shit up, and so you are definitely not going to have a hard time setting up a Substitute with Magnezone, as most Scizor are going to be forced to switch out anyway once Magnezone comes in.

You are definitely going to be wanting to run a Jolly nature on Tyranitar, especially seeing as you are running Life Orb as your item. While Adamant Tyranitar certainly is powerful (especially after a Dragon Dance), there are so many Pokemon who you miss out on outspeeding after a Dragon Dance when you run an Adamant nature, most notably Gengar and Starmie. Anyway, after a Dragon Dance or two the power lost by not using Adamant is hardly noticeable at all, but in turn you gain the ability to outrun a lot more threats, so I would say that it is a fair trade-off.

Great team, and good luck! :)

All of you guys, thank you so much for your help. I put this team through some serious renovations, go so far as to remove Sceptile completely. He, along with Starmie and Rotom-h (my old set) got moved to the 'Old Members' section.

I added two Pokemon to the Testing section, Rugaji's suggested Swampert and Rotom-h sets. Both will be going under strict testing, once the Ladder has been updated to remove Latias from the OU roster (speaking of which, that's awesome). I also changed Tyranitar's set from Adamant to Jolly, and I kept everything else the same on him. Flygon's were starting to irritate me anyways... Lum Berry wasn't chosen since Tyranitar can OHKO most, if not all, of the things that would commonly afflict him with negative Status Effects.

Also, thanks for the compliments on the formatting, but I can't claim credit there. All that credit goes to LonelyNess (or whoever he got the format from, if he isn't the original poster of it), who created an extremely efficient way of making the RMT look neat and tidy, while still containing all the needed information on synergy between team members, Held Item explanations, and move-set discussion.

The only thing I really added was the way the Pokemon, and all the needed information that would be explained in the following section, and the little typing bars, which I thought just fit the RMT well, even if they did kill my image limit.

All of you were right about my lack of Stealth Rock. It was murdering my old team. Things that would have been OHKOs with Stealth Rock became 2HKOs, and I usually ended up losing a Pokemon, which goes to show how valuable Stealth Rock is in this meta-game. It didn't help matters that Gyarados and Salamence could constantly switch-in undamaged and screw with my team.

I'm leaning more TrickScarf Uxie than MixPertLead, just because I love Tricking away Scarfs to my opponent, and setting up the following turn. Plus, Swampert just lacks the general speediness that this team has. The team, as a whole, moves fast, switching, attacking, trapping, and then finally going for game with Tyranitar and/or Salamence.

Speaking of Salamence, I wonder what I'll replace it with, should Salamence move to the mystical land of Ubers. I suppose Gyarados would fit somewhat well on this team, but Kingdra would have great synergy with this team as a whole.

On the upside, if Salamence should be banned to Ubers, then that will ease my need of Magnezone. That's not to say that I won't need it, as I obviously still will. I'll just be allowed more room to breathe, with Kingdra resisting Choice Band Scizor at 28.8% - 33.9% (the ResTalk set gets hit for 17.8% - 21.2%), allowing me to set up a Dragon Dance and go on a quick sweep.

What do you guys think? Salamence getting banned mean I should introduce Kingdra to the team? Or how about Dragonite?

Once again, thank you, all of you. I hope to take this team to the Leaderboard with all of your help, and maybe even make it to The Smog's Featured RMT.

Yeah, Kingdra will make a high rise into many teams if Salamence is decide Uber (please be banned, thank God Latias is gone too.) Both Kingdra and Dragonite have great bulky stats and good speed, and access to Dragon Dance. I see Kingdra working effectively well but Dragonite has a potential against guys like Gyarados with Thunderbolt (I wmight even use MixNite with T-bolt,) and Kingdra fairs well with Gyarados too because of it's STAB Draco Meteor / Outrage without a boost, and is only weak to Dragon type- moves, while Dragonite gets hurt by Ice-, Rock-, and Dragon. It all depends on you though on this one.

Yeah, Kingdra will make a high rise into many teams if Salamence is decide Uber (please be banned, thank God Latias is gone too.) Both Kingdra and Dragonite have great bulky stats and good speed, and access to Dragon Dance. I see Kingdra working effectively well but Dragonite has a potential against guys like Gyarados with Thunderbolt (I wmight even use MixNite with T-bolt,) and Kingdra fairs well with Gyarados too because of it's STAB Draco Meteor / Outrage without a boost, and is only weak to Dragon type- moves, while Dragonite gets hurt by Ice-, Rock-, and Dragon. It all depends on you though on this one.
True, but you can say that about nearly any Pokemon though. It's how you use it that can make or break the team. For example, I was trying to use Sceptile as a counter to ScarfTar, which wouldn't work, since they'd just switch out, and I'd be left at -2 from Leaf Storm (or Focus Blast would miss, as it always does).

I think I might go with Dragonite, just because Salamence and Dragonite are so similar, even if they play so very different. Kingdra though, is much more interesting, seeing as its only weakness, Dragon, is resisted by Tyranitar, giving them even greater synergy with each other.

Yeah, I think I might go with Kingdra should the banhammer drop on Salamence's head, but I won't rule out a Mixed Dragon Dance Dragonite just yet. You never know, it could become the new 'in' set.

That's what I meant, for you to decide until Salamence's decision. But for me personally, it depends if my team is more weak to Ice-, or more weak to Ground-, because Dragonite doesn't get hit by Ground attacks white Kingdra isn't weak to Ice attacks.

For me, the idea of MixNite sounds God awfully beast, that's just me though. But it all depends on the existence of Salamence.

That's what I meant, for you to decide until Salamence's decision. But for me personally, it depends if my team is more weak to Ice-, or more weak to Ground-, because Dragonite doesn't get hit by Ground attacks white Kingdra isn't weak to Ice attacks.

For me, the idea of MixNite sounds God awfully beast, that's just me though. But it all depends on the existence of Salamence.
Yeah, though, I may play around with the idea of Kingdra replacing Salamence, regardless of whether or not it gets banned. The only thing I dislike about Kingdra is the fact that it has no Recovery move beyond Rest, it has a lower Base Atk Stat compared to Salamence, which can make all the difference.

I think DDMixNite could be a potent threat in the meta-game, should Salamence get banned. I'm thinking something along the lines of Dragon Dance/Outrage/Thunderbolt/Fire Blast. I've never been good with creating EV Spreads, so I probably wouldn't be much help there, but I would definitely test it out to see what it could do.

Of course, like you said, that all hinges on whether or not Salamence moves to Ubers. If it continues to stay in OU, I think OU will just degenerate into nothing more than Salamence, Salamence Counters, Pokemon that support Salamence, and Scizor/Jirachi/Tyranitar.

The meta-game wouldn't break down the way it did when Garchomp came to pass, but it's definitely something along those lines.

I'm not sure if there was a typo with Breloom's EV's and item, and I know for sure the ability and name were messed up, but for his EV's I recommend using 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd.

As for Salamence I would use the standard DDMence EV spread, along with Fire Blast, because you shouldn't rely so heavily on Magnezone to trap and kill every steel, and with Skarmory using Shed Shell almost halp the time, there's even more reason for Fire Blast.

All in all the team looks great, only problem I can really see is that you seem to rely a bit too much on Magnezone.

I'm not sure if there was a typo with Breloom's EV's and item, and I know for sure the ability and name were messed up,
I have no idea what you're talking about...:naughty:

but for his EV's I recommend using 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spd.
Does that out-speed anything in particular?

As for Salamence I would use the standard DDMence EV spread, along with Fire Blast, because you shouldn't rely so heavily on Magnezone to trap and kill every steel, and with Skarmory using Shed Shell almost half the time, there's even more reason for Fire Blast.

All in all the team looks great, only problem I can really see is that you seem to rely a bit too much on Magnezone.
Yeah, I do rely a bit too much on Magnezone, I'll give you that much. I think it's because you don't really see Magnezone higher up on the Ladder, so it's a bit of an unexpected surprise, which Substitute and Explosion only helps with.

As for Fire Blast... I haven't really run into any troubles with Steel-types. If they have Skarmory, but they have Shed Shell, they're constantly going to have to switch, while I wear out their Pokemon from behind a Magnezone Substitute.

Also, Rotom-w makes a mockery of Skarmory, especially if they're running the infamous SkarmBliss combination, and I just used Explosion on Blissey.

Hey Bloody, Great team, TBH I'm not sure why you don't have HP fire on Magnezone if Steels are are a big problem for you. If I were you, I'd go for the Pert lead as suggested.
I don't know how your Uxie outspeeds Azelf unless you mean unscarfed versions.
Your Rotom is probably better than Rotom-H now that Latias is Uber due the high chance in the increase of Ape which Rotom walls very effectively.
Can't say much else, very solid team.

Now rate my team lol :P.

Hey Bloody, Great team, TBH I'm not sure why you don't have HP fire on Magnezone if Steels are are a big problem for you. If I were you, I'd go for the Pert lead as suggested.
I don't know how your Uxie outspeeds Azelf unless you mean unscarfed versions.
Your Rotom is probably better than Rotom-H now that Latias is Uber due the high chance in the increase of Ape which Rotom walls very effectively.
Can't say much else, very solid team.

Now rate my team lol :P.
Hidden Power [Fire] isn't really needed on my team. I trap Scizor into Bullet Punch, then Thunderbolt for the 2HKO behind a Substitute. Hidden Power [Ice] is much better, since it gives me superior coverage, and an attack to OHKO incoming Salamence.

Yes, I'm talking non-Choice Scarf Azelf. Though, I may switch to Choice Scarf Azelf soon. Uxie just isn't doing it for me anymore, and it isn't really the Scizor bait that I wanted.

Yeah, now all I have to do is wait for the Ladder to be fixed so Latias is banned from OU, then I'm set.

I'll rate your team in a few minutes. Gotta get the damage calculator open, and the Smogon Pokedex open as well.

Didn't realise Thunderbolt 2HKO's Scizor, in that case go for it (Heck I may even go for it in another team), but what about Scizors with Superpower who aren't Choiced, yes I know they aren't as popular but Scizor is popular enough for you to meet anything really.

Didn't realise Thunderbolt 2HKO's Scizor, in that case go for it (Heck I may even go for it in another team), but what about Scizors with Superpower who aren't Choiced, yes I know they aren't as popular but Scizor is popular enough for you to meet anything really.
If it isn't Choiced, which is rare enough, then it's carrying either Leftovers or Life Orb. If he's carrying Leftovers, I'd find out after the Stealth Rock damage. I can then switch in Rotom-A and nullify the Superpower (since Scizor out-speeds Magnezone if it's running Max Spd), and Bullet Punch is only doing a maximum of 27.4% - 32.4% with Life Orb, 32% - 37.8% with U-turn, and nothing with Superpower. It's only real options would be Night Slash or Pursuit.

Regardless, non-Choice Band Scizor is rare enough that you don't have to really worry about it. It's one of those things that people know is there, but no one pays any heed to it because they don't feel like it.

P.S: Hydro Pump is a 2HKO (51.3% - 60.6%).

Just a quick little nitpick:

Machamp@Lum Berry running Substitue/Dynamic Punch/Payback/Ice Punch or SE
will destroy your team. Sorry, but i have no real suggestion to that that wont ruin some of your team's synergy D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)