Winner's Path Event: Pokewalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there an easier way to catch that damned Beldum? Been trying for it forever, but it seems to always get a crit on me, or run the first time I try Evade. :(
Jeez, it took me a few attempts too! Actually i wasted a lot of watts, Munchlax was much easier, got 3 without problems.

Talking about hard, the Yellow Forest is just insane.

OK, this was found by the user Wichu, here is how to get a Brave Munchlax, or Brave anything on the pokewalker, with the following:

1) just catch any ONE poke (lax, zor, gross, noir) on the walker
2) Set your DS Date to : 2031-10-25
3) Set your DS time to : 02:13:00
4) Wait on the first DS screen and watch the clock
5) start your game at either 02:13:58 or 02:13:59 (:59 for me)
6) go to the pokewalker section and take the pokemon out
it should be brave, 29/30/30/x/30/1

Moaaaaar SELF DESTRUCT SNORLAX

does anyone know how to get other natures with preferable(flawless) ivs? I'd like to catch a horsea for my in game team in addition to munchlax and beldum.

I too cant RNG abuse, yet I have an awesome Munchlax

@Staraptor: You dont count at all, this is what you do,
-Set your DS time to the one above,
-Then press B, then B again, then it says do you want to quit or something, press A
-The DS turns off, then you open your DS, do you know the analog clock, when you open the DS, up on the top screen, just wait with your Finger/Stylus ready to touch the gamename, when the seconds come to :58/:59,
-Then enter your game, and go to the pokewalker menu, recieve your pokemon, it should be the spread above

Hope I helped, I also want a Naughty spread, for Muddy Water Horsea, (great in VGC)
The DSi never asks you if you want to quit after setting the time. When should I start watching the clock when using a DSi?

I was never a big fan of RNG abusing, but since everyone competitive seem to be doing it, I decided that I'll just give it a try, after catching 33 munchlaxes in the past week getting only one with an ok nature (careful) and ok IVs.

I tried that 2:13:58/59 trick thing and got these today:
Relaxed Magikarp
Adamant Beldum
Impish Beldum
Adamant Munchlax (Thick Fat)

all with 29/30/30/x/30/30/1. I tried to make it a slightly different time on every attempt (like a bit after 58, just before 59, right at 59, etc.).

Hey, Brave trick worked for me too, only I lucked out with Pickup. -_-

Guess I'll have to wait to try again tomorrow...

Seemed to work for me too in the first try, Adamant bronzor though, and only got it leveled up to lv 13 for IV checking, but all stats was possibly same as in the post...

Why is this so extreemly easy to time?, and why exacly those seconds (is it the first frames of the second that this abuses since theres nothing that makes the "delay" ?

EDIT: Got Brave munchlax with thick fat =)

Seemed to work for me too in the first try, Adamant bronzor though, and only got it leveled up to lv 13 for IV checking, but all stats was possibly same as in the post...

Why is this so extreemly easy to time?, and why exacly those seconds (is it the first frames of the second that this abuses since theres nothing that makes the "delay" ?

EDIT: Got Brave munchlax with thick fat =)
It's so easy to time because no matter what, the delay is always considered 0. This means you only need to hit a date/time/second.

Okay, for the last three days I've sent one Brave nice IV Boomlax to my game each day. All three so far have Pickup... I'm starting to think that maybe each game will yield only one ability with that Boomlax spread. Can someone prove me wrong?

All my lax have been thick fat (all 5 of them) and all my bronzors (all 6 of them) have been heatproof. So, probably that is the case.

Oh no... If that's true, then I guess the only other possibility could be that the current setup of Group A Pokemon has Pickup Munchlax for that frame.

Perhaps if I take out my Pokemon and put it back in on Winner's Path, the Munchlax for that specific frame may this time have Thick Fat. I'll report back soon, unless someone else proves that the ability may differ...

Well, I managed to get one of everything, with a handful of Munchlax to boot. I'm not sure if I want to head back to Treehouse or hang around Winner's Path for a bit longer.

Does anyone know if there's a timid spread that works like this. Some guy on serebii claimed to have a nice timid hp ice spread but he got banned...

Oh no... If that's true, then I guess the only other possibility could be that the current setup of Group A Pokemon has Pickup Munchlax for that frame.

Perhaps if I take out my Pokemon and put it back in on Winner's Path, the Munchlax for that specific frame may this time have Thick Fat. I'll report back soon, unless someone else proves that the ability may differ...
I have ben working on Munchlax since the day the event started, and I do believe that just like your A, B, and C group Pokes have one of each generated when you go out for the stroll, the abilities they have (suppossing they have more than one), are set in the same manner.

I have stayed on Winner's Path for a while now, and when I catch my BoomLax's (I catch them in sets of 3), they always have the same ability on each stroll, and I recieve my gifts.

However, I think the ability is sent as the group of Pokes come back to your DS. I keep getting the Brave, 29/30/30/0/30/1 spread, and they are always Pick Up for me, so on that exact delay, I believe the ability is set, in accrdance with each persons SID, but the IV's are being hit off of the same delay.

I don't know how to RNG...I just used a delay I was given by MattJ to hit those IV's, so I hope I faked knowing what I was talking about well enough for everybody else to understand it.

Can anyone comfirm, that this can be used for every other Pokewalker course, I cant RNG, so it would be great if I could get more, I have made a lot of succesful attempts :)

Can anyone comfirm, that this can be used for every other Pokewalker course, I cant RNG, so it would be great if I could get more, I have made a lot of succesful attempts :)
I'm pretty sure this works for any Pokewalker course. :)

MattJ posted this recently at Serebii:
Timid 27/8/30/27/31/31 Ability ??? pokewalker pokes (HPI 68)

1) Have a pokemon already in your walker on the route you want, and catch EXACTLY ONE random pokemon (doesn't matter what it is)
2) Catch your target pokemon (MUST BE THE SECOND POKE CAUGHT!!!!!)
2) Set your DS Date to 2011-01-01
3) Set your DS time to 23:23:00 and turn it off then back on again
4) Wait on the very first DS menu screen watching the Clock
5) When the Clock reaches EXACTLY 23:23:59 Press A to begin HG or SS
6) DO NOT BEGIN THE ACTUAL GAME, instead go to the pokewalker section
7) Go to "recieve gift" and withdraw ONLY the 2 pokes you caught
8) the 2ND poke you caught should be Timid 27/8/30/27/31/31Timid 27/8/30/27/31/31 Ability ??? pokewalker pokes (HPI 68)

Modest 27/27/31/28/27/31 Ability ??? Pokewalker pokemon

1) Get your pokewalker set on the proper route and make SURE that it's set up to where your target pokemon actually show up.
2) Have ZERO caught pokemon on your walker, just the one poke you're taking for the stroll.
3) Go ahead and catch any 1 random pokemon
4) Catch your target pokemon IT MUST BE THE SECOND POKEMON CAUGHT NOT THE FIRST
5) Set your DS Date and time to 2058-10-27 22:06:00
6) QUICKLY back out of all that, shut your DS off, and turn it back on
7) DO NOT START YOUR GAME, instead wait there on the very first screen when you turn your DS on where you can see the clock and watch the clock closely
8) AT THE EXACT MOMENT that the clock hits EXACTLY 22:06:59 press A to start your game
9) DO NOT BEGIN YOUR GAME LIKE USUAL THOUGH go to the pokewalker menu instead
10) Go to "Recieve Gift" which will take your 2 caught pokes out
11) Check your box and they should both be in there.
If you did all the steps right, your 2nd pokemon will be Modest 27/27/31/28/27/31 with a random ability.
If it comes out with the wrong nature and IVs, you probably started your game at the wrong second, just try it again.
If it comes out with the right nature and IVs but an ability that you didn't want, just try it again and eventually it will come out right.
I can confirm the Timid spread works - got a Pikachu w/that spread. Unfortunatly my Surfchu was in slot 1 (I've had it there for a couple of days) so it wasn't timid and had a crappy spread. The Pika in slot 2 had this spread though. I guess I'll have to keep trudging through Yellow forest but at least I know it'll be worth it.

Thanks Matt!

I'm still getting Pickup on my Brave nice spread Munchlax... I currently have four identical lax.

At this point, either the Pokemon you have in affects the ability of a specific frame, or it's just set according to your ID, which would suck. I'm still hoping someone comes and says that they got two of the same Brave lax with differing abilities.

Hey, Brave trick worked for me too, only I lucked out with Pickup. -_-

Guess I'll have to wait to try again tomorrow...
I got pickup too. I'M SO ANNOYED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (does this mean that snorlax will have imunity? Or is there still a chance to get Thick fat?)

I'm still getting Pickup on my Brave nice spread Munchlax... I currently have four identical lax.

At this point, either the Pokemon you have in affects the ability of a specific frame, or it's just set according to your ID, which would suck. I'm still hoping someone comes and says that they got two of the same Brave lax with differing abilities.
It's set, which sucks for all of us. It's been proven by Wild Eep. You will always get Pickup on Brave Munchlaxes.

EDIT: Ability 0, which Pickup is, always corresponds to Snorlax's ability 0, Immunity. It can only change if it's from 3rd generation.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
It's set, which sucks for all of us. It's been proven by Wild Eep. You will always get Pickup on Brave Munchlaxes.

EDIT: Ability 0, which Pickup is, always corresponds to Snorlax's ability 0, Immunity. It can only change if it's from 3rd generation.
I got a Brave Munchlax with Thick Fat... I assume you mean with those IV's?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)