Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - May 2010

Seeing a joke poke on the uber ladder stats... funny

Seeing someone be so original and do it with other pokes... yawn.

I am stunned in UU that sceptile had higher usage than torterra...

If salamence is banned, then UU is going to change a lot as well. Uxie could be leaving UU , but Dusknoir, Smeargle, Electivire, Umbreon,and Hippowdon could be coming.

Latias is banned, and Umbreon usage goes....up? Weird.

Heracross is back below the UU cutoff again. Still, he'll probably go back up above it by the time tiering gets redone.

If the suspect ladder is a true indication of how OU would change upon Salamence's banning, things would really shake up in UU. Mamoswine, Dusknoir, and Electivire seem like perfectly good additions, and Smeargle and Umbreon have been fine in UU before. Hippowdon would almost certainly go straight to BL, though. Regirock, Rhyperior, and Cradily become horrifying under perma-sand.

Dear ladder noobs and morons, stop using Scizor/Lucario/<everything> bait Umbreon so he can drop back into UU where its actually needed and then maybe you will win more in the process when you stop using it in OU, thanks. ~_~ lol

And really Hera needs way more usage. SD Cross + Dual Screens beats literally everything, infact i got top ten on suspect using this. Its quite pitiful to see garbage like Dusknoir used more than it. :/

Dear ladder noobs and morons, stop using Scizor/Lucario/<everything> bait Umbreon so he can drop back into UU where its actually needed and then maybe you will win more in ou in the process when you stop using it in OU, thanks. ~_~ lol
Agree, Umbreon is a beast in UU where in OU he is just crap.

Never faced a Weedle lead in Ubers though!?

Agree, Umbreon is a beast in UU where in OU he is just crap.

Never faced a Weedle lead in Ubers though!?
| 12 | Weedle | 633 | 1.94 |
Quite sad actually. Use Ariados or something, heck even Parasect can work.

@Sir Azelf:
Agreed this thing is a underrated threat. Hopefully we'll see more Hera and less Scizor. Stupid metal bug.

i see machamp lead only seems to be growing. the heatran leads on suspect are probably from the rise in specstran used to counter machamp leads. it matches up pretty well vs other leads too

edit: choicescarf ttar still seems to be popular on both standard and suspect despite latias being gone on both

Another thing to note on Tyranitar is that Choice Band is making a comeback. Last month, Choice Band on Tyranitar fell into the "other items" category.

The usage is going to be skewed on the standard or suspect ladders because of new trends players are trying out, as well as the fact that certain players of certain rating echelons play standard or suspect, while the lower rated players run around with random Pokemon.

Centralization is an interesting issue here. One could say that because there are a variety of pokémon that are used on a high percentage of teams in Suspect, Suspect is less centralized than Standard. On the other hand, one could also say that because there is a certain group of pokémon that are used an extremely large amount of the time (and thus other pokémon are used less), Suspect is in fact more centralized that Standard. It's just centralized around a larger core of pokémon.

So basically I'm confused about which is correct.

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Infernape is #2 in Suspect.. that means hes the new big dick in town. Starmie moves to #3 to counter Infernape rightfully so. Not surprised at all.
LOL.

Anywho Umbreon ROSE IN USAGE. What is this? Some kind of sick joke? PEOPLE. STOP USING UMBREON IN OU SO WE CAN USE HIM IN UU. Gosh, he's not even that good in OU. (His time has passed)

Now you guys want Uxie too? Not cool OU players, not cool.

Fucking Hera didn't drop. Darn. I wanted something... equilavalent exchange if you will.

LOL.

Anywho Umbreon ROSE IN USAGE. What is this? Some kind of sick joke? PEOPLE. STOP USING UMBREON IN OU SO WE CAN USE HIM IN UU. Gosh, he's not even that good in OU. (His time has passed)

Now you guys want Uxie too? Not cool OU players, not cool.

Fucking Hera didn't drop. Darn. I wanted something... equilavalent exchange if you will.
Uxie is a great lead... I'm sorry, lol.

Still waiting for Roserade to drop back down. Also, Weavile needs to drop down. And Heracross. And Electivire..

If salamence is banned, then UU is going to change a lot as well. Uxie could be leaving UU , but Dusknoir, Smeargle, Electivire, Umbreon,and Hippowdon could be coming.

Smeargle, Electivire, and Umbreon (and Ninjask for that matter) are "n00b Pokemon", meaning they're not very good but a lot of people like using them anyway. Said people usually don't play on suspect, so their drop in usage is more due to that than Salamence.

I would see Tentacruel going down if those go down. It's at the bottom. It's good but it's nothing TOO good to compete in UU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)