Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - May 2010

I would like to know what the cutoff for OU is in the suspect ladder if we apply the exact same method that we do in the Standard ladder. How many pokemon are OU in the suspect ladder compared to the standard ladder? Which ones got bumped out? Which ones jumped up?

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I don't get the love for all the TrickScarf Uxies. It is an absolute invitation for ScarfTar to come in and rape it.

Why all the Umbreon hate? It walls a large portion of the Pokemon that Blissey walls (it does lack the stats to wall the really powerful special attackers, but those are usually uncommon because of the existence of Blissey), has slightly better typing, and comes with a much better support movepool. Blissey is just setup bait most of the time. "Look all I can do is Toxic and none of my moves have any PP so I can't stall anything out." I use Umbreon wherever other people use Blissey.

I would like to know what the cutoff for OU is in the suspect ladder if we apply the exact same method that we do in the Standard ladder. How many pokemon are OU in the suspect ladder compared to the standard ladder? Which ones got bumped out? Which ones jumped up?
The "OU cutoff" falls after Smeargle on the standard ladder and after Aerodactyl on the Suspect ladder. This means that there are 45 Pokemon in "OU" in standard and 39 Pokemon in "OU" in Suspect.

Electivire, Dusknoir, Ninjask, Mamoswine, Hippowdon, Umbreon, Roserade, and Smeargle are in the "OU" of Standard but not the "OU" of Suspect. Hippowdon and Mamoswine aren't too far from the cutoff, but the rest go pretty far down.

Heracross and Shaymin are in the "OU" of Suspect but not the "OU" of Standard. Heracross barely makes the cut, and barely misses it in Standard. Shaymin made a huge leap up.

I hadn't noticed before that Roserade is "UU" on the Suspect ladder. Interesting. I wonder how it'd fare in the current state of UU. IIRC, there was a lot of clamor for it to be considered a suspect before it jumped to OU, but UU's changed a lot since then.

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Ha! Looks like people are really sticking to their FWG cores in suspect. No surprise. On the bright side, looks like people are warming up to Flygon, who is up to 11 from 25. Rightfully so too, Band Flygon is so good in Suspect.

Umbreon is a lot easier to set up on than Blissey. At least Blissey has moves like Flamethrower, Thunder Wave and Ice Beam to punish things that attempt to set up on her, whereas if something like Lucario comes in on Umbreon, it can set up with no risk at all.

Umbreon is a lot easier to set up on than Blissey. At least Blissey has moves like Flamethrower, Thunder Wave and Ice Beam to punish things that attempt to set up on her, whereas if something like Lucario comes in on Umbreon, it can set up with no risk at all.
Yawn. Not to mention Umbreon can just Mean Look than pass. Dead Lucario.

People underestimate Umbreon too much.

I don't get the love for all the TrickScarf Uxies. It is an absolute invitation for ScarfTar to come in and rape it.
Which is an absolute invitation for lucario/ape/scizor/ddtar/gyarados to come in and set up.

I don't know what's wrong with the lot of you but I'm not keeping my Blissey or Umbreon in when a Lucario is threatening it. Even if I yawned, paralyzed, or trapped on the switch I'm still not going to risk giving up one of my defensive players; they're not staying in regardless of what kind of status they can throw at it, and I'm not sure why you lot tend to think either can, lol.

Edit at the guy who said something back at me but I don't really want to be a post whore so I'm just typing this up instead: Oh, okay. It looked like you guys were saying that Lucario is just going to sit there while being statused but I guess you were really saying something better! Ok then, you're right, of course, that Lucario can be hurt by Blissey more than Umbreon, haha.

Okay, I'll admit that I forgot about Yawn but even that can be easily avoided. If Blissey uses Thunder Wave on your sweeper then it's basically crippled for the rest of the battle. Anybody who knows that they're doing isn't going to leave their Lucario in after Umbreon has used Yawn, Instead they will go to something else that beats Umbreon (which isn't hard because many of the top Pokemon wreck Umbreon).

I don't know what's wrong with the lot of you but I'm not keeping my Blissey or Umbreon in when a Lucario is threatening it. Even if I yawned, paralyzed, or trapped on the switch I'm still not going to risk giving up one of my defensive players; they're not staying in regardless of what kind of status they can throw at it, and I'm not sure why you lot tend to think either can, lol.
The point I'm trying to make is Lucario can switch into Umbreon with almost no risk while it has to be more careful with Blissey because it doesn't want to be hit by a Thunder Wave or Flamethrower.

Smeargle, Electivire, and Umbreon (and Ninjask for that matter) are "n00b Pokemon"
Smeargle and Umbreon are not "n00b Pokemon". Smeargle has many great and powerful sets for those that care to think of them, for example the Lv 1 TR set that's in QC. Umbreon plays a very specialized role on a bp team, or can act as a strong supporter/curse sweeper.

Edit: Hmm. All the umbreon comments outran me... Curse this slow internet.

The point I'm trying to make is Lucario can switch into Umbreon with almost no risk while it has to be more careful with Blissey because it doesn't want to be hit by a Thunder Wave or Flamethrower.
Hopefully if you're running and Umbreon on your team, you would have made sure to get rid of its #1 counter BEFORE you sent it in.

Smeargle and Umbreon are not "n00b Pokemon". Smeargle has many great and powerful sets for those that care to think of them, for example the Lv 1 TR set that's in QC. Umbreon plays a very specialized role on a bp team, or can act as a strong supporter/curse sweeper.

Edit: Hmm. All the umbreon comments outran me... Curse this slow internet.
Smeargle isn't a noob Pokemon, but it's so often poorly used that it's usually considered as such. I agree wholeheartedly that both Pokemon are very underrated.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)