pokemon that work well together

The idea of this thread is post pokemon that work well together in a team.

You may also post combo's here, but remember the main thing is pokemon that work well in a team together.

To give a quik example Salamance and milotic and zapdos are known as one of the best 3 combo reason: when using sala you can expect to get a ice beam throwen at you so milotic works perfect in conjunction with sala and zapdos can take on milo its weakness
This is just a quik example but you get the point

P.S. i am not looking for all kind of examples about using a flying poke and a electric so it can take the electric attack of the flying i im looking for pokemon who work well in conjunction with eachother (A TEAM)

Tyranitar, Gengar, Snorlax.

Gengar takes focus punches and earthquakes for both Lax and Tar. Tar takes psychic and shadow balls for gar.

Salamence to Snorlax. The inevetable Ice attack is absorbed by Snorlax. Better yet, lead Salamence and switch to Snorlax. After the intimidate, itll be really hard to hurt the Snorlax, usually resulting to a switch, allowing a "free turn".

IIRC, that strategy was one of the great chaos

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
From what I've seen:
Celebi, Raikou
Tyranitar, Zapdos, Swampert
Salamence, Snorlax
Skarmory, Blissey, Claydol
Ninjask, Marowak

IMO the best combination or most popular one is flygon/swampert. It counters Zapdos while providing Rock resist.

Steelix/Gyarados together resist every type except for ice. They obviously have problems with stuff like starmie, but they can counter a ton of things when used together.

Swampert/Flygon are my favorites; because I hate having to use Blissey/Snorlax unless they fit perfectly, those two always make it to my team to deal with electrics...

Heracross and Starmie provide a good variety of physical and special attacks (bug fight rock, water electric ice) that I find handy in ending battles, though whether they're really any good I don't know.

Fear

GSC Monarch
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past SPL Champion
World Defender
this is like the 5th topic of the same name, same question and same answers I have seen in ever grande.

Claydol and Skarmory
Celebi and TTar (with a heracross counter)
Celebi and Swampert
Salamence-Metagross-Regice
Gengar and Steelix/Metagross/Jirachi for any CBander

Regice/Skarmory/Swampert

Takes 90% of offensive threats in the metagame including Salamence, Metagross, Zapdos, Gyrados and Heracross to an extent. Add a fighting resist and hey presto.

Pretty good offensively too

I'll just do something different since everyone else called the standards. Flygon + Swampert is my favourite combination out of what's mentioned. :]

Charizard + Magneton, Metagross or other Steel, preferably one vulnerable to Earthquake. Basically, you can sacrifice the Steel to a Choice Band Earthquake whenever you want, and then set up with Charizard. Magneton CAN clear Skarmory which frees up a moveslot for Charizard, but then again Charizard likes to set up on Skarmory as well so this is not the best idea.

Metagross and Tyranitar together with Gengar used to be very sufficient for Snorlax, but Fire Blast/Focus Punch ones tend to get in the way there. Still, it requires a lot of effort on Lax' behalf to get past them.

gyarados and magneton :p
Metagross and Salamence = Resists practically everything except like CB Banette or something
Metagross and Gengar = Curselax Counter, among other things
Flygon and Focus Punching Gengar together do a lot of damage
I dunno there are billions...

Ludicolo and Rhydon. Ludicolo's massive spdef handles rhydon's 4x weaknesses. Rhydon takes twaves from bliss and cb'd flying attacks from sala/aero (also poison/bug, ludi's other physical weaks). Can also put up a 101 sub in front of blissey after absorbing a twave. Unfortunately Rhydon can't take hits forever and neither poke likes heracross.
(so I typically include skarm for safe measure)

Karrot

plant
is a Past WCoP Champion
Zapdos/Metagross/Snorlax. I cannot continue to stress how great this trio of pokemon are. These amazing, gamebreaking offensive pokemon work perfectly together to cover pretty much every type of attack. (Snorlax most/all of the special attacks.)

Pocket

be the upgraded version of me
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Yea, Karrot's suggested trio sure seems strong. The only weak point is prolly when Snorlax or Zapdos is Resting.

Raikou, Medicham, and Gyarados is my favorite combo. Gyarados for Swamperts, Dugtrios, and Intimidating switches on EQ; Medicham 2hkos Swampert and Skarmory, as well as ohkos Snorlax, Blissey, and Regice that plagues Raikou. The trio needs some aid against DDers and normal and rock resists, but it's a great offensive combo =]

sry if this is too old to bring back

y did everyone leave out celebi and heatran??? they resist eachothers weaknesses. what more could you ask for

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)