Want to see your Original sprites on the X-Box Live Arcade?

Well, that makes me feel better. Also, I am trying to get more active. It just takes me between 5-8 hours for every sprite I make. Honestly, if someone else would like to sprite out one of my concepts, I'd be happy to let them. Sorry if I sounded angry, because I really am not. +)

Should have the Basilisk done ****. Note- the asterisks mean that I would put a time on it, but I have learned that this jinxes my progress.

I like the ray/osprey idea though. Expect some sketches from me sometime soon.

EDIT: Gee, was closer to finishing than I thought.

Enjoy!
EDIT2: Transparency Added.

I don't know if it is just the color scheme or if the sprite itself is just too complex but.... its really kind of hard to tell what is going on with this guy. Like if I hadn't seen the sketch before looking @ this sprite I would be VERY confused. I am thinking now that it is a little of both. It is really complex and intertwined and the color scheme doesn't help either... can anyone else help me on this one? I am having trouble pinning it down for him.

Dhjona, that Pandisah you have, if you turned into a brown fuzzy bear with green lines down it's belly, vibrant green eyes and claws, more detail idk it could be the Atmoic Bear. Here's a head I think would suit it (ignore the rest of the body, I was just playing the concept of your panda)
And if you remember these. :D

coldRAIN,

I am not sure where these three guys (or any one of them) would fit into our hierarchy of creatures. What type would they be? What are they based off of? These are questions that would need answering.

I all ready thought of the idea to use Pandisah but didn't came up with an idea. I will try your suggestion. ^^

And off course i remember those 3 cloud pokemon, but you said to me that I can't sprite them anymore and that Doran Dragon may sprite them. Am I right?

And I made a Electric Hawk. It isn't finished yet, it still needs some details.

Dhjona,

Ok, a couple things.

I don't not mean to insult you in any way and I am NOT accusing you of anything but..... as it currently stands I don't think we can use your electric hawk. To me it just feels.... it feels pieced together. It may very well be scratched, I am not saying it is not, I am just saying that it FEELS like I have seen it before. Like if I actually spent the time to go through all the generations of bird poke'mon sprites that I would find the bits a pieces hidden away in there. That is just the feeling I get when I look @ it and even if it is completely from scratch I couldn't accept it because of that. It just looks too familiar and the anatomy is off in such a manner that it feels like it has kind of been haphazardly pieced together. Again, I am NOT accusing you of anything, its just the feeling I get when I look @ it.

Also, I sent you a PM about your panda creatures so if you could read that and get back to me that would be appreciated :)

I don't know if it is just the color scheme or if the sprite itself is just too complex but.... its really kind of hard to tell what is going on with this guy. Like if I hadn't seen the sketch before looking @ this sprite I would be VERY confused. I am thinking now that it is a little of both. It is really complex and intertwined and the color scheme doesn't help either... can anyone else help me on this one? I am having trouble pinning it down for him.
Maybe cut out a few of the brighter markings, such as on the legs and arms?

Btw, what color scheme would you suggest for this one? Allot depends on what type this will be, as I am not sure still if this will be Water or Electric. I thought this color scheme would work well with either, so that's why I picked it. I might try to go back to it's original colors though, and see how they work.

EDIT: Here's some quick recolors, going under the assumption of it being Electric.

And without the extra markings:

Tell me what thou thinks.

Maybe cut out a few of the brighter markings, such as on the legs and arms?

Btw, what color scheme would you suggest for this one? Allot depends on what type this will be, as I am not sure still if this will be Water or Electric. I thought this color scheme would work well with either, so that's why I picked it. I might try to go back to it's original colors though, and see how they work.

EDIT: Here's some quick recolors, going under the assumption of it being Electric.

And without the extra markings:

Tell me what thou thinks.

Ok.... its still... cluttered. I think that the tail needs to be removed from the front of the sprite the way that it wraps around. Its confusing. I would say to leave the tail behind him and bring his obscured arm down into view... also he is facing the wrong way which might effect your shading so change that up to. Once that stuff is done I think it will be good.

Ok.... its still... cluttered. I think that the tail needs to be removed from the front of the sprite the way that it wraps around. Its confusing. I would say to leave the tail behind him and bring his obscured arm down into view... also he is facing the wrong way which might effect your shading so change that up to. Once that stuff is done I think it will be good.
OK, gotcha. Currently, he is technically facing the opponent, although I could definitely make it more prominent by making his slit somewhat larger. As for the cut tail/insert arm, I am sure I can arrange something. Also, expect s'more sketch uploads soon, namely of which being the Ospray and my own Earth Bull.

OK, gotcha. Currently, he is technically facing the opponent, although I could definitely make it more prominent by making his slit somewhat larger. As for the cut tail/insert arm, I am sure I can arrange something. Also, expect s'more sketch uploads soon, namely of which being the Ospray and my own Earth Bull.
no... he is facing the wrong way. trust me.

Dhjona,

Ok, a couple things.

I don't not mean to insult you in any way and I am NOT accusing you of anything but..... as it currently stands I don't think we can use your electric hawk. To me it just feels.... it feels pieced together. It may very well be scratched, I am not saying it is not, I am just saying that it FEELS like I have seen it before. Like if I actually spent the time to go through all the generations of bird poke'mon sprites that I would find the bits a pieces hidden away in there. That is just the feeling I get when I look @ it and even if it is completely from scratch I couldn't accept it because of that. It just looks too familiar and the anatomy is off in such a manner that it feels like it has kind of been haphazardly pieced together. Again, I am NOT accusing you of anything, its just the feeling I get when I look @ it.

Also, I sent you a PM about your panda creatures so if you could read that and get back to me that would be appreciated :)
It do is completely scratched but I understand your decision. It's pityful but understandable. n.n But leaving your decision aside, do you like it? I may go for an other pose you know. ;)

And I didn't recieve your PM. Maybe you didn't send it. n.n ^^

It do is completely scratched but I understand your decision. It's pityful but understandable. n.n But leaving your decision aside, do you like it? I may go for an other pose you know. ;)

And I didn't recieve your PM. Maybe you didn't send it. n.n ^^

Yeah, the concept itself looks good, if you want to try another pose then we would love to see it! :)

I will try sending you another PM to see if it will go through...

EDIT: I sent you another PM and I am sure that this one went through because I checked my 'Sent' folder.

If you look at the colours and stuff I guess you could choose what type they would be. I think I'll call them Cloud-beings.

Couldn't resist posting this up. This is my Shadow Angler

before adding Transparency Effects. +)

Just wait until you see what I have planned for this bad boy...

Couldn't resist posting this up. This is my Shadow Angler

before adding Transparency Effects. +)

Just wait until you see what I have planned for this bad boy...
This guy looks great so far, Jeremy!

One question... does the mouth go all the way to behind the arms or am I looking @ something wrong?

Also while I have your attention... are you planning on making baby version for any of your creatures or should someone else start on that?

This guy looks great so far, Jeremy!

One question... does the mouth go all the way to behind the arms or am I looking @ something wrong?

Also while I have your attention... are you planning on making baby version for any of your creatures or should someone else start on that?
Yes and Yes.

The mouth does indeed go all the way behind the arms, and it will be much more hinted towards after transparency is added. +)

And I do plan on making Baby forms. I decided I would do those after I got done with the bigger monsters. I prob. could start drawing a few more of them soon. Prob. the main reason I haven't drawn more is because I've been wasting my pencil lead on Summer Homework.

But yeah, I need to upload some scans soon. Expect them within the hour. EDIT: Within the day...

ALSO EDIT:Speaking of today...

Transparency prob. needs to be a bit darker in some areas, but I'll have that fixed soon. Looks great on anything 'cept straight black, I learned. Try it!

Yes and Yes.

The mouth does indeed go all the way behind the arms, and it will be much more hinted towards after transparency is added. +)

And I do plan on making Baby forms. I decided I would do those after I got done with the bigger monsters. I prob. could start drawing a few more of them soon. Prob. the main reason I haven't drawn more is because I've been wasting my pencil lead on Summer Homework.

But yeah, I need to upload some scans soon. Expect them within the hour. EDIT: Within the day...

ALSO EDIT:Speaking of today...

Transparency prob. needs to be a bit darker in some areas, but I'll have that fixed soon. Looks great on anything 'cept straight black, I learned. Try it!
This looks great dude!

We now have, I believe, 3 adult creatures from you. I would like to ask if you could work on the baby version for each of these next before moving on to more adult concepts, just so we can kind of wrap those creatures up before we get so far away from them that we forget. Thanks dude!

HEY EVERYONE!

The encyclopedia (found in the 2nd post of the thread) should be completely updated with all the sprites we have accepted so far. If you do not find a sprite you have submitted in the encyclopedia then it has, for whatever reason, been rejected.

Just letting you know!

This looks great dude!

We now have, I believe, 3 adult creatures from you. I would like to ask if you could work on the baby version for each of these next before moving on to more adult concepts, just so we can kind of wrap those creatures up before we get so far away from them that we forget. Thanks dude!
Got it. The Adult Basilisk is actually the next thing I will continue to play with, changing it's tail and arm and whatnot, and then I will work on the Baby forms. I did make a quick Shadow Angler Baby though, so I'll post that up alongside my other new creations.

Atomic spider isnt there?
Thats my bad, lol. I must have accidentally hit 'undo' too many times @ some point during making all the changes. Your spiders are definitely good to go. Sorry!

You got me all excited when I saw you had posted, lol. Normally when you post that means new sprites! My own fault for screwing up the encyclopedia, lol. Anything you have in the works?

As promised the finished one. I editted it a bit to make look even better. If you prefer the original one, than is that okay by me and will i post that one. ;)

Hope you like it. And Jon, I was consedering to make the first sketch of this one the baby form. Do you agree?

Due to my scanner being out right now, I came on here to say that I reserve Taicho's Water Ocelot. I'm at the Shading phase of the sprite, so yeah, just giving people a heads-up.

Sorry everyone! I have been gone on vacation for a couple days! I will quickly try to catch up with everyone!

Here you go:

Like it?

I really like the adult form! The baby is off and might need to be redone in a more traditional pose with the side showing as well but the concept and the adult look great!

I¡ll be posting a sprite tomorrow.

EDIT: Used Gimp to post it today
I am guessing that this a submission for some sort of fire bird? It looks good I would just like to hear some ideas from you on what your inspiration was!

As promised the finished one. I editted it a bit to make look even better. If you prefer the original one, than is that okay by me and will i post that one. ;)

Hope you like it. And Jon, I was consedering to make the first sketch of this one the baby form. Do you agree?

It looks great dude! I knew you would be awesome @ this task! lol. I think the pose from that sketch would make a cool baby form but it might need to be less fierce looking, lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)