Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Curious as to whether this can be done or not:
Is it possible to control which Pokemon Backlot tells you is in the Trophy Garden?
E.g. Can I somehow abuse it so I can get him to tell me there are Eevee there today?
Through RNG, not that I know of, but you can simply save in front of him and talk to him until he tells you that there are Eevees, and if not, you simply SR and try again. Keep in mind that the garden will always keep the last two pokemon that Backlot mentions, so if you already had Backlot telling you that Eevee is there and after that something else, Eevees are still there.

Moussaka, did you check to see if the wrong-natured pokemon might actually be in the frames for that seed? If the NPC south of the daycare moved even once, you could miss your egg by one or two frames.
There are two different RNGs. Egg natures/shininess are on a different RNG from egg IVs, and are completely unrelated to NPC movements.

Actually I have seen that Nidoran-M has egg moves and for the longest I wondered how. The only way is that if Nidoqueen hatches both Nidorans. That's the only way I can see him having something like counter and head smash.
Nidorina and Nidoqueen can't breed. To get egg moves, you need to use Nidoran F, which does breed both genders. As for which gender ratio to use, though, I have no idea.

-Download the newest RNG Reporter if you don't have it already, and open it

-Open Seed Finder

-Click on the Find Seed by IVs tab

-Make sure the Open option is selected

-Enter the nature and IVs you want in the white boxes

-Click Find

Through RNG, not that I know of, but you can simply save in front of him and talk to him until he tells you that there are Eevees, and if not, you simply SR and try again. Keep in mind that the garden will always keep the last two pokemon that Backlot mentions, so if you already had Backlot telling you that Eevee is there and after that something else, Eevees are still there.
Lol, s'what I'm doin' :P
He refuses to have Eevees... >.>

Lol, s'what I'm doin' :P
He refuses to have Eevees... >.>
Probably eevees are already there... check the Garden and find out. In Diamond and Pearl they will appear at lv 21 above everything else, yo ucan simply repel the rest of the encounters. IN platinum they appear at 18 so that cannot be done.

Sorry to double-post, but this question actually does not have anything to do with my previous post (if it is still a problem I'll see to them being merged or some sort).

I'm right now looking at my first Journal page, when trying to get almost-flawless Jirachi. Question is, the guide says "add 2 to target frame", when is this done? for instance, I got see 0A0E027F, target frame 311 from RNG Reporter, should I aim for 313 instead? Also, if my first journal page does NOT show a caught pokemon, does that change this?

Correct, aim for 313. Your journal page doesn't change a thing no matter what. It might advance your frame, but it has no bearing on your final target.

I have read that inserting a GBA game in the slot will change whether I get an odd or even delay. I always get an even delay and want an odd so have put emerald into slot 2 however I am still getting an even delay. Any reason why this is happening?.... I am RNG abusing on diamond.
Still after someone to help me with this...Thanks

ok I am having trouble RNGing Articuno on Platinum. I am currently trying to aim for frame 268 so I have tried walking 128 steps with 3 pokemon in my party and doing 127 journal flips [(268-11-3)/2] but I have landed on frame 269. I try again but this time I did 128 journal flips and landed on frame 269 again. Anyone know how to correct this?

edit: I have also caught moltres both times and its frame did go down by 1 the second time but Articuno did not.

tape

i woke up in a new bugatti
-Download the newest RNG Reporter if you don't have it already, and open it

-Open Seed Finder

-Click on the Find Seed by IVs tab

-Make sure the Open option is selected

-Enter the nature and IVs you want in the white boxes

-Click Find
Shiny doesn't come up. Which is why I'm asking in the first place.

Hello guys! I need a little help.

I'm currently using bearsfan method of catching stationary legend pokemon like Ho-oh.

The thing is, I can't seem to hit a delay of odd numbers, 619 for example. An Adamant good IVs Ho-oh.

I'm using RNG Reporter 8.30
Pikatimer
JAVA Rng.

Any help? I already tried it more than 5 times but still. Sometimes I got 620 or 618.

Hello guys! I need a little help.

I'm currently using bearsfan method of catching stationary legend pokemon like Ho-oh.

The thing is, I can't seem to hit a delay of odd numbers, 619 for example. An Adamant good IVs Ho-oh.

I'm using RNG Reporter 8.30
Pikatimer
JAVA Rng.

Any help? I already tried it more than 5 times but still. Sometimes I got 620 or 618.
Either change the date by one year or put a GBA game in the GBA slot.

Correct, aim for 313. Your journal page doesn't change a thing no matter what. It might advance your frame, but it has no bearing on your final target.

ARGHHH I can't get it right!!. I need a technical explanation for the +2: is the +2 due to having the wandering NPC, or just because? My seed is now 0A140262, frame 24, in sandgem town Poke mart (1 wanderer). Plus two, 26. Minus one, 25. 12 journal flips, 1 frame short. I thought that letting the wandering NPC take one step is what would let that one last frame advance to reach frame . Am I wrong?

guys i have a problem.

im at the feebas lake atm to try capture a feebas.

frame 455 is what i had to reach.

so i did 455-4 = 451.

so i did one step in the lake and 225 journal flips.

i didnt get what i wanted, checked the pokemon and had hit 456

so i thought leaving the step away, would give me the correct frame (no i have no roamers)

anyway i tried it now and got frame 454, no nibble

how much did i advance the rng right now? by using the rod with no nibble

as i might be able to reach frame 463 if the "no nibble" didnt advance me too much...

guys i have a problem.

im at the feebas lake atm to try capture a feebas.

frame 455 is what i had to reach.

so i did 455-4 = 451.

so i did one step in the lake and 225 journal flips.

i didnt get what i wanted, checked the pokemon and had hit 456

so i thought leaving the step away, would give me the correct frame (no i have no roamers)

anyway i tried it now and got frame 454, no nibble

how much did i advance the rng right now? by using the rod with no nibble

as i might be able to reach frame 463 if the "no nibble" didnt advance me too much...
I guess (this means not 100% sure but most likely) it advances the frame by 3. But I'll check that right now (if you don't mind waiting 2 mins for a more accurate answer).
Also, I'd like to figure out what happened to your frame before... Did you step the way you were turned to? Because if you didn't, that advances the frame by 2.

EDIT: Ok, I just checked on my Platinum and I was wrong. The "Not even a nibble..." message only advances the frame by 1.

I've finally gotten Eevee to appear in the Trophy Garden, however, I made the mistake of having to switch the day now o.O
Does that mean Eevee will no longer be in the current Trophy Garden slot...?
I'm assuming yes, but praying no...

I've finally gotten Eevee to appear in the Trophy Garden, however, I made the mistake of having to switch the day now o.O
Does that mean Eevee will no longer be in the current Trophy Garden slot...?
I'm assuming yes, but praying no...
If you just switch the date, Eevee will still be in the same slot. If you let your clock turn from 23:59 to 00:00, then it will be in the slot of the "previous day Pokémon".

I have a question about fished RNG'd pokémon. In the RNG guide it says that fished pokés have a monster frame of 4, which logically means that if you enter the game and immediately fish for a pokémon, the frame your pokémon should appear on is 5, right (1 + 4 = 5)?

I entered the game (there are no wandering NPC's where I am), used the Super Rod, and caught a pokémon. Upon checking its IV's in tandem with the seed that I hit, I found that the frame I caught the poké on frame 4 not frame 5. Can anybody explain what happened?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 18)