Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

What's this "EV restriction" I've heard so much about Arceus having?
Arceus is only gotten at Lvl 100, therefore you can't Ev train it.
Due to the limits of the code of Shoddy Battle, and Arceus' base 120 stats, only 100 EVs can be given to Arceus in a single stat. There is still a normal 510 EV cap, but it's 100 for each stat instead of 252 for Arceus.
Each of these two answers is half right: Arceus is only obtainable at level 100, and therefore cannot be EV trained normally. You can, however, apply vitamins and use the box trick to get the EVs from those. Vitamins are capped at 100 EVs per stat, though.

Arceus is banned on the Ubers ladder on shoddy because shoddy's program is unable to handle restrictions like "no more than 100 EVs in any one stat," not because of his high base stats. Salamence, for example, has a base attack stat of 135, and Kyogre's base SpA is 150. So high stats do not limit EVs on shoddy.

What exactly does Dragonite accompish Anti-Lead? Dragonite doesn't keep anything from getting Rocks up and don't mind dying, bulkier leads like Heatran, Swampert and Metagross can all get their rocks up too and inflict severe damage on it with things like Dragon Pulse / Ice Beam / Meteor Mash, and Dragonite can't incapacitate other leads like Jirachi can with Trick or Roserade with Sleep Powder, and it doesn't learn Stealth Rock either.

What exactly does Dragonite accompish Anti-Lead? Dragonite doesn't keep anything from getting Rocks up and don't mind dying, bulkier leads like Heatran, Swampert and Metagross can all get their rocks up too and inflict severe damage on it with things like Dragon Pulse / Ice Beam / Meteor Mash, and Dragonite can't incapacitate other leads like Jirachi can with Trick or Roserade with Sleep Powder, and it doesn't learn Stealth Rock either.
It kills the other lead, very consistent. It´s not great, but it scores an early KO if your team is mostly SR resistant/neutral.

how can you tell the dmg and the element of Hidden Power, and how can you tell the IVs?

also, im a noob at competetive, as you can see. so excuse this next question, but:

why are OUs in Uber teams and in UU teams, as well as vice versa?

how can you tell the dmg and the element of Hidden Power, and how can you tell the IVs?

also, im a noob at competetive, as you can see. so excuse this next question, but:

For Hidden Power element: If you're playing HG, SS or Pt, take the pokemon to the man with the Bird Keeper/Rocker overworld sprite in Veilstone City/Celadon City. In Pt, he will be in the Game Corner. In HGSS, he will be in the prize redemption building.

For IVs: (and Hidden Power power) Use an IV calculator. I recommend MetalKid's (google it).

Tthere aren't any Ubers or OUs in UU teams and there aren't any Ubers in OU teams, no exceptions. You might see a UU in an OU/Uber team or an OU in an Uber team because they fulfill a certain role in that team that no other pokemon can do. Like Primeape is NU, but can be used in Ubers to check Darkrai.

I believe you are trying to ask:

Why do I see OU in Uber teams, UU in OU teams, etc.?
Well the reason is the definition of the tiers and the role that tier plays. Ubers is a banlist for OU, BL a banlist for UU, etc. That means that in OU play, only Ubers are banned. In UU play, anything from BL and above are banned. And in Ubers, nothing is banned (other than Arceus).

For the ability hustle the description says that it trades accuracy for power. Can someone confirm that its the attack STAT that gets boosted (x1.5?) and not the actual attack?....cause thats not very impressive

Coronis

Impressively round
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
For the ability hustle the description says that it trades accuracy for power. Can someone confirm that its the attack STAT that gets boosted (x1.5?) and not the actual attack?....cause thats not very impressive
When using a physical attack, it is boosted by 50%, but they accuracy is reduced by 20%.

Quick question about HG/SS rng: if the frame you're supposed to land on normally (w/o synch) is timid, and the synch works (50%) will the frame advance to the next timid, or stay at that one?

Quick question about HG/SS rng: if the frame you're supposed to land on normally (w/o synch) is timid, and the synch works (50%) will the frame advance to the next timid, or stay at that one?
The synch is based off of an RNG call, so it is not a 50% chance, but is instead fixed for that frame. That said, if the RNG call is true, it will give you the same spread (as far as the limited testing I did is concerned).

Also... Use RNG Reporter or PokeRNG to figure out spreads. Synch spreads act strangely at the best of times if you're just looking at them.

What are the chances of finding Heracross in a headbutt tree (HG/SS)? Serebii does not have a % encounter rate. :(

How do I get on the Battle Tower Wifi Leaderboard? Right now, I am Rank 10 and I'm bored as fuck and tired of battling 50+ battles just to NOT see my name there >___>

What are the chances of finding Heracross in a headbutt tree (HG/SS)? Serebii does not have a % encounter rate. :(
It only appears on certain trees. Use their pokearth to find all the locations, but I use the one to the right of azeala

Zystral

めんどくさい、な~
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
in DPP, Acuity Lakefront is good, since Snover and Machoke and Medicham appear for Attack
and Route 2 has Bidoofs.

in HGSS, Slowpokes in Slowpoke well for HP and Route 42 for Goldeen and Seakings

In Emerald, I found a good spread for a Teddiursa which includes Ability 1. When I catch it, it will obviously have the ability Pickup, but when I Pal Park it into SoulSilver, it will switch to Quick Feet, right? I think the original 3rd Gen ability is Ability 0, and the added 4th Gen Quick Feet is Ability 1, but I'm not completely sure and make to check before I spend the time resetting for it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)