Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I think I'm getting a handle on Pokewalker mechanics. IVs are generated by PRNG, Method 1. The PID (nature, ability, personality value, non-shiny) is determined by IRNG. The PRNG is advanced by 2 when transferring a Pokemon to the cart. The IRNG is advance by 192 when the 'connecting to pokewalker' animation begins. Therefore, the 1st Pokemon transferred would fall on PRNG frame 1 (IVs) and IRNG frame 193 (nature, ability), adn the second transferred would be 2 and 194. Am I on the right track here?

I'm having trouble RNG'ing with the swarm poké in HGSS. Whenever I get the swarm poké I want, I save, go to the DSi menu and change the date/time to what seed I want to hit. Whenever I enter the game, the Swarm has changed. Should I get the swarm, then not save? Or is something else going wrong here?

Also, if I enter the game with the radio playing, how will that affect the RNG? I will be on Mary/Oak's talk show if that matters.

Swarms change daily, so by adjusting the date you changed what particular swarm was active.
Yes I know that. But if I RNG the swarm pokémon, I have to change the date to hit a specific seed. I was asking how to keep the swarm pokémon the same, not how swarm works. It doesn't matter, though, I figured it out.

Another question:
How does entering the game with Mary & Oak's talk show on affect the RNG?

After resetting for Regice and hitting my frame after 15 or so tries, I've decided I'd like to do some more RNG'ing in Emerald.
I hatched a shiny Charmander a while back, but most guides on RNG'ing say that to get your SID you need to catch a wild shiny. That being said, is there anything useful I can deduce from my Charmander or its IVs? Could I find and use its frame to hatch other shinies or anything?

After resetting for Regice and hitting my frame after 15 or so tries, I've decided I'd like to do some more RNG'ing in Emerald.
I hatched a shiny Charmander a while back, but most guides on RNG'ing say that to get your SID you need to catch a wild shiny. That being said, is there anything useful I can deduce from my Charmander or its IVs? Could I find and use its frame to hatch other shinies or anything?
You could always migrate any of the pokemon onto DPPt or HGSS and just get a SID check done. Which in my opinion is easier than going about finding a random shiny.

Question about feebas, since it's encouter rate is random, let's say I use encouter slot 1 for fishing. Just because I don't see it the first time, is their a chance I could see it the next time?

If you use the Masuda Method, can you still use the hatched shiny's IV's to find your SID?
::EDIT:: The SID only matters for shiny-ness?
*Goes to re-read guide*

If you use the Masuda Method, can you still use the hatched shiny's IV's to find your SID?
::EDIT:: The SID only matters for shiny-ness?
*Goes to re-read guide*
No, a bred pokemon's ivs will not help you deduce your SID.

and yes. SID only matters for shinies

No, a bred pokemon's ivs will not help you deduce your SID.

and yes. SID only matters for shinies
Ugh. Iv been so worried about that too >_>
*Goes to beat Platinum again*
Side note:
Any ideas on whether it's easier to RNG in Plt. or HG/SS? And I mean
Catching, breeding seems like more work than it's worth :p

How would I get an SID check done in Emerald if I migrated it to SoulSilver?
A pokemon that originated form your Emerald (read, has Emerald's OT and ID no.) will also contain that trainer's SID in it's data. Regardless of the game it's in now, a quick look in Pokesav will reveal the Emerald trainer's SID.

Okay, I want to do this to send a shiny egg to HGSS. Would I have to RNG for ID/SID? Or just by plugging the ID/SID of the "destination" game in RNG, then doing anything normal in the "origin" game, will guarantee that once the egg is hatched in the "destination" game, it hatches shiny?
So how does this work? I know that such a simple question may have already been answered, but a little help would be great.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
So how does this work? I know that such a simple question may have already been answered, but a little help would be great.
just plug in the ID/SID of the "destination" game into RNG reporter and use that to generate a shiny egg spread. RNG like you always do in the "origin" game and when the egg is sent to the "destination" game it will hatch shiny there.

just plug in the ID/SID of the "destination" game into RNG reporter and use that to generate a shiny egg spread. RNG like you always do in the "origin" game and when the egg is sent to the "destination" game it will hatch shiny there.
Excellent! loads of thanks.

ShinAkuma999, I have Charmander clones in my SoulSilver and in my Platinum; is there any way to see the SID without Pokesav?

ShinAkuma999, I have Charmander clones in my SoulSilver and in my Platinum; is there any way to see the SID without Pokesav?
Are the Charmanders bred from eggs or chained with pokeradar? If not, then http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/deducing_secret_id. Otherwise, I wouldn't think you can deduce SID without a save file editor.
You could always trade one of them to someone and they can Pokesav to check it for you. Just ask nicely!

Guys, I was taking a look at serebii and I saw that the draco meteor jirachi comes with an OT (trainer name) and an ID number. Does it come with a unique secret id number as well, or the secret ID listed will be my game's secret id?

Guys, I was taking a look at serebii and I saw that the draco meteor jirachi comes with an OT (trainer name) and an ID number. Does it come with a unique secret id number as well, or the secret ID listed will be my game's secret id?
It's SID should correspond to its OT. It won't match your game, if I'm correct.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)