Differences in Competitive Play between WiFi and Shoddy

So why is the wifi forum filled with hex flawless Pokemon?
Of course people care about IV's on wifi.
That's at least with the people i play via wifi

I guess that means he's smart enough to not play here. Smogon isn't the only community about Pokémon, and Smogon is the only community I know where people waste their time RNGing instead of just playing Shoddy.

That's at least with the people i play via wifi

I guess that means he's smart enough to not play here. Smogon isn't the only community about Pokémon, and Smogon is the only community I know where people waste their time RNGing instead of just playing Shoddy.
Well,that sprobably because the massive amount memebers,compared to the useramount of other websites,simply shows more users,that dislike the missing animations or whatever.Probably there are foreign User without any Englishknowledge,and do have Problems with Shoddy.(Is there any Non English Version out ?)

Also,people RNG for VGC etc. ?

Another Difference beside the missing Rotom's,is definetly Celebi and Jirachi(Well this could change*Thinking how I need to get my Jirachi in the Supermarket.*)

Celebi's present.
This one's pretty well known:

Jibaku's Celebi
Bold 16/x/31/31/26/29
Natural Cure

Obviously the HP is lacking, but other than that, it's the best we've (wifi players) got.

Despite the rarity of Celebi, you see them fairly often on Wi-Fi, then again that could be because a few of the opponents I frequent use "legal hacks". Jirachi, with the whole NZ Event is seen pretty often, and I honestly see Rotom Formes fairly often as well, even from those who abstain from Pokesav.

I for one prefer battling on Wi-Fi, though I'm not entirely sure why (beyond the fact I get hax'd more on Shoddy).

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I have a whole set of jirachi after having my thread open for just a week, not even sr'ing for one myself (which I'm going to do just to practice for celebi . . .) lol

Wi-fi battles are hard to find and you have to at least commit the next hour to doing it. The only website that gives me a battle every time I log on is Serebii because of its wi-fi chat, which has a lot of angry angry children and the mods are like hyenas.

Anybody got another site that will get me a battle easily?

Well,that sprobably because the massive amount memebers,compared to the useramount of other websites,simply shows more users,that dislike the missing animations or whatever.Probably there are foreign User without any Englishknowledge,and do have Problems with Shoddy.(Is there any Non English Version out ?)
I (being a foreigner), and some people I know joined Smogon Wi-Fi forums because it's pretty much the only place on the internet where we can get legit, competitively viable Pokemon. It's a lone island in a sea of hacks (yes, I know i sound totally cheesy, but it's true).

Another note is that shoddy offers a much more convinance for telling a warstory over wifi.
You can always record the battle using VS Recorder, post it on Global Terminal and send out a vid number to your friends to watch (at least that's what I do).

"Hax" is most definitely used in WiFi. I'm not sure who said it isn't, but I can assure you that it is.
I prefer WiFi because battles seem like they are valued more because they take longer, so I have to try more. Shoddy, I can do 6 battles at a time and it doesn't really matter if I win or lose because I can just get another 5 or 6 more whenever I want.

I (being a foreigner), and some people I know joined Smogon Wi-Fi forums because it's pretty much the only place on the internet where we can get legit, competitively viable Pokemon. It's a lone island in a sea of hacks (yes, I know i sound totally cheesy, but it's true).

You can always record the battle using VS Recorder, post it on Global Terminal and send out a vid number to your friends to watch (at least that's what I do).
I prefer to read battle logs with comments > watching a video (i'vetried the videos...but a well written warstory is more appealing to me personally

"Hax" is most definitely used in WiFi. I'm not sure who said it isn't, but I can assure you that it is.
I prefer WiFi because battles seem like they are valued more because they take longer, so I have to try more. Shoddy, I can do 6 battles at a time and it doesn't really matter if I win or lose because I can just get another 5 or 6 more whenever I want.
...u don't do that if you ever want to be on the leaderboard.....

To me, Shoddy is like practice for the real thing. For testing out a team before actually making or RNGing it. Shoddy IMO is a lot quicker paced and when I play it like OP said I'm a lot more careless too. Also I feel that on Shoddy crits and secondary effects are way more frequent. Wi-fi battles are a lot more real, and slower with more thought put in each move. I like Shoddy and play it for hours but nothing is better than a good Wi-Fi battle.

Also I feel that on Shoddy crits and secondary effects are way more frequent.
This is a false perception probably caused by that fact that you get more battles done in the same amount of time so in a set amount of time you will incur more secondary effects/critical hits.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)