Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

I'm using rng reporter and I just figured out how to hatch shinies, which is great and all, but can I also control the ivs AND make it shiny? How do I do this?
Watch the bearsfan videos on YouTube - when he describes how to get the desired nature etc, do what he says but with the shiny only box checked as described in the guides, then continue on as he shows you how to get IVs. I found his videos very helpful when I was starting out.

Didn't know whether to put this in Simple Questions, Simple Requests, or All Generation PRNG Help / Information:

Does anybody know the Japanese Elm Responses? I am trying to RNG on my Japanese version of Heart Gold and I would like to know Elm's Responses so I can check my Seed properly :s

I found out what is going on, but I keep having problems:

These are the frames that are around 300. When subtracted 4 and did 148 journal flips, I hit 301, I even tried to subtract 3 and do 148 journal flips, but then I landed on 302. I then tried to hit 299 thinking I would hit 300, in which I did a turn and 147 journal flips. For some reason that stayed on 299. Is there some journal/flip combo I'm not doing right to land on 300? Anyone?

Apparently this has happened before:

guys i have a problem.

im at the feebas lake atm to try capture a feebas.

frame 455 is what i had to reach.

so i did 455-4 = 451.

so i did one step in the lake and 225 journal flips.

i didnt get what i wanted, checked the pokemon and had hit 456

so i thought leaving the step away, would give me the correct frame (no i have no roamers)

anyway i tried it now and got frame 454, no nibble

how much did i advance the rng right now? by using the rod with no nibble

as i might be able to reach frame 463 if the "no nibble" didnt advance me too much...
I guess (this means not 100% sure but most likely) it advances the frame by 3. But I'll check that right now (if you don't mind waiting 2 mins for a more accurate answer).
Also, I'd like to figure out what happened to your frame before... Did you step the way you were turned to? Because if you didn't, that advances the frame by 2.

EDIT: Ok, I just checked on my Platinum and I was wrong. The "Not even a nibble..." message only advances the frame by 1.
NEW PAGE POST. Can anyone figure this out?

I found out what is going on, but I keep having problems:

These are the frames that are around 300. When subtracted 4 and did 148 journal flips, I hit 301, I even tried to subtract 3 and do 148 journal flips, but then I landed on 302. I then tried to hit 299 thinking I would hit 300, in which I did a turn and 147 journal flips. For some reason that stayed on 299. Is there some journal/flip combo I'm not doing right to land on 300? Anyone?

Apparently this has happened before:

NEW PAGE POST. Can anyone figure this out?
So you did 148 flips and ended up on 301, then did 148 flips again but landed on 302? It almost sounds like there's a phantom NPC around somewhere. You could either keep on trying with different combinations until you hit 300, or...

Just breed it. Catching it in a special ball isn't worth all that trouble, especially if the RNG is flat-out refusing to let you hit your frame.

In order to RNG for a WonderCard on HG/SS, I need to push X ASAP when entering the game world to load the menu, check my seed via the PokéGear, advance my frame via the PokéGear, and then quickly talk to the man as normal, right? What PokéMarts have the fewest NPCs?

This means that I won't need to progress past getting the PokéDex and get any "extra" cards for the PokéGear since all I'll need is the Phone card, right?

In order to RNG for a WonderCard on HG/SS, I need to push X ASAP when entering the game world to load the menu, check my seed via the PokéGear, advance my frame via the PokéGear, and then quickly talk to the man as normal, right? What PokéMarts have the fewest NPCs?

This means that I won't need to progress past getting the PokéDex and get any "extra" cards for the PokéGear since all I'll need is the Phone card, right?
The first part is correct. I believe others may know more about this, but I know that the Cerulean Mart has zero moving NPC's (although, I did get a random frame advancement there, and no one called me). There might be other marts with no NPC's.

Now, as far as the advancement by phone goes, if you do it by Elm, you'll need a pokemon with Pokerus checked into a Pokemon Center. You'll also need to have been in Kanto and shown Elm the hatched Togepi. I do believe there are other trainers who advance the frame when you call them, but again, others would be more familiar with that. I think you'll need to go further than just getting the Pokegear/Phone.

Wondercard Jirachi
Seed: 5407027B
Frame: 183
Delay: 625
Target time: 7:04:00
Synchronize time: 7:03:00
Reset time: 7:03:45
Date: 12-28-2010
31 / 14 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 HP Fire 70

My question is that I'm hitting the times that it says and doing the 91 page flips, but I'm not getting those results. How would I be able to check which frame I'm on, and do I have to have the journal display a defeated or captured pokemon or can it just be anything?

This is on Pearl btw.

I don't know how significant this information is, but I thought it would be best to mention it just in case someone needed to know:
I have a Japanese version of Heart Gold and am attempting to RNG on it. Unfortunately for me, I don't understand Japanese, so I didn't know which Elm responses were which. However, I was able to figure out which of his responses were which because of the punctuation in each response. When he is talking about Kanto, there is 1 exclamation mark in his sentence(s), when he is talking about pokérus the only punctuation is a line of periods at the end of his speech (.....), and when he is talking about evolution, there are a total of two exclamation marks during his speech. For Anybody who has a Japanese cartridge or ROM, here is how I deduce which response is which:

K = !
P = ...
E = !!

Again, I don't know how relevant this information is to the general community, as most people have an English ROM/cart, but I thought I would post anyways just in case.

cerulean mart has no moving NPC's

Wondercard Jirachi
Seed: 5407027B
Frame: 183
Delay: 625
Target time: 7:04:00
Synchronize time: 7:03:00
Reset time: 7:03:45
Date: 12-28-2010
31 / 14 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 HP Fire 70

My question is that I'm hitting the times that it says and doing the 91 page flips, but I'm not getting those results. How would I be able to check which frame I'm on, and do I have to have the journal display a defeated or captured pokemon or can it just be anything?

This is on Pearl btw.
You can't check your frame without getting a Pokemon on Pearl, and yes it must list a caught or defeated Pokemon. You're probably not hitting your seed or keeping the NPC from moving, either.

I know that Fuchsia City's PokeMart also has no moving NPCs, and at least Azalea and Ecruteak only have 1 each for people not in Kanto yet. More to the point, though, you won't be able to use Elm directly without having visited Kanto. You can still RNG a Wondercard like Jirachi without visiting beyond Ecruteak, though, using Irwin responses:

E="Hearing about your escapades..."
K="I'm so glad you called!..."
P="How are you?..."

He's just north of Goldenrod so you don't need to go that far. Just don't call him when he wants a rematch (Monday mornings) and it'll work fine.

I don't know how significant this information is, but I thought it would be best to mention it just in case someone needed to know:
I have a Japanese version of Heart Gold and am attempting to RNG on it. Unfortunately for me, I don't understand Japanese, so I didn't know which Elm responses were which. However, I was able to figure out which of his responses were which because of the punctuation in each response. When he is talking about Kanto, there is 1 exclamation mark in his sentence(s), when he is talking about pokérus the only punctuation is a line of periods at the end of his speech (.....), and when he is talking about evolution, there are a total of two exclamation marks during his speech. For Anybody who has a Japanese cartridge or ROM, here is how I deduce which response is which:

K = !
P = ...
E = !!

Again, I don't know how relevant this information is to the general community, as most people have an English ROM/cart, but I thought I would post anyways just in case.
Thanks for posting this. I was watching the thread to see if anyone answered your question, but you found out for yourself. :-)

[highlight]How would I hit my seed[/highlight] and keep the NPC from moving?
.........I take it that you're just starting to RNG abuse, then?

Go read the first page of this thread. Go read the guides. Go watch bearsfan092's videos linked on the first page. Go read the guides again. Make sure that you actually understand the guides in their entirety before you even think about trying again.

Because if you don't, [highlight]you will fail.[/highlight]

How much calibration is "enough"? I've done six resets so far and in three of them I got 13 seconds and 598 delay.

Also, tell me if I'm missing anything in the process so far.

I'm soft resetting for a Jirachi from the most recent wifi wondercard. I'd like a Jolly nature and a physical spread with 31s in Spe and Atk at a minimum. Therefore, I selected seed 0C0E02C2 with a target frame of 88 per part 5 of the DPP RNG Manipulation Guide at the top of this thread.

I opened up RNG reporter and punched in seed 0C0E02C2 to the Seed to Times to find out what my target time would be. I selected 2010 Jul 01 at 14:01:04 with a delay of 696, because I want Jirachi's capture date to be within the dates of the actual wifi event.

Next I open up PikaTimer and punch in my calibrated delay/second, then my target delay/second, and I follow the instructions for using that program.

I've saved my game in the pokemart in Sandgem Town right in front of the delivery man.

So now, in theory, it's just a matter of going through the motions and soft resetting until I get my Jirachi?

Thanks for all the help, everyone! I have an Eevee WonderCard that I want to RNG for on my SS cart; I've only just gotten the Pokédex, so I guess I need to progress to at least Route 35 (where Juggler Irwin is) and then RNG for Eevee in the Azalea or Ecruteak PokéMart.

Is Irwin the first phone number in the game that can be used to check your seed and/or advance your frame?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for all the help, everyone! I have an Eevee WonderCard that I want to RNG for on my SS cart; I've only just gotten the Pokédex, so I guess I need to progress to at least Route 35 (where Juggler Irwin is) and then RNG for Eevee in the Azalea or Ecruteak PokéMart.

Is Irwin the first phone number in the game that can be used to check your seed and/or advance your frame?
you can use joey to advance by 2 frames per call when he doesn't want a rematch but yeah irwin is the earliest you can use to check your seed and calling Irwin advances the RNG by 1 frame. Samething as Joey, Irwin cannot want a rematch when your using him to check seeds/advance frames.

Hey, I have a couple of questions about rng abuse, or whatever the best thing to call it is.
1. How do most of you synch your ds with an external clock? I.e. what kind of clock did you use?
2. Does anyone have any tips for hitting the right delay?

RockinX

My goal in life is to make everyone cringe with my puns
is a Contributor Alumnus

K = !
P = ...
E = !!

K - カントーにはまだ僕の知らないポケモン色だろうし。僕の知らない進化方法があるも知れないね。その目でしっかりいろんなものを見ておいて
E - ポケモンの進化というのは本当におくが深いようねえ!ある条件を満たしたときだけ進化するポケモンもいるみたい!
P - ポケルスがくっついたポケモンはどうやら育ちがよくなるみたい原因は割らないけど

Edit: Oops, I forgot I had left the kanjis in there to help me translate. I can probably get back to you with the stuff in hiragana after my current battle.

K - カントーにはまだ僕の知らないポケモン色だろうし。僕の知らない進化方法があるも知れないね。その目でしっかりいろんなものを見ておいて
E - ポケモンの進化というのは本当におくが深いようねえ!ある条件を満たしたときだけ進化するポケモンもいるみたい!

Edit: Oops, I forgot I had left the kanjis in there to help me translate. I can probably get back to you with the stuff in hiragana after my current battle.
Nono it's okay I can check my seed fine now ;) I just finished RNG'ing Suicune I will post in DMP in a minute :P

I'm thinking of making a RNG video guide for Japanese HGSS Carts/ROMs for anybody who is interested. Should I? Or is it not worth it?

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Nono it's okay I can check my seed fine now ;) I just finished RNG'ing Suicune I will post in DMP in a minute :P

I'm thinking of making a RNG video guide for Japanese HGSS Carts/ROMs for anybody who is interested. Should I? Or is it not worth it?
I'd be interested. The vast majority of my games are Japanese carts . . . but yeah RockinX-- the little kids can't read kanji so you have to leave it out. ;) Painful on the eyes for us grownups though. :P

Anyway, anyone can tell me if the Nature and IVs for wonder card pokemon are decided at the same time or not? I know that they are decided by different processes, but is it possible to say, hit your delay on a rom, make a save state with the emulator and then SR for natures for instance?

>_>

Also anyone know what desides the time on Desmume?

edit:
For the record (assuming RockinX wrote everything down correct):

K - カントーにはまだ僕の知らないポケモン色だろうし。僕の知らない進化方法があるも知れないね。その目でしっ かりいろんなものを見ておいて
E - ポケモンの進化というのは本当におくが深いようねえ!ある条件を満たしたときだけ進化するポケモンもいるみ たい!

Here, no Kanji:

K - カントーにはまだぼくのしらないポケモンいるだろうし。ぼくのしらないしんかほうほうがあるかもしれないね。そのめでしっかりいろんなものをみておいて。

Blue = "Kanto"

E - ポケモンのしんかというのはほんとうにおくがふかいようねえ!あるじょうけんをみたしたときだけしんかするぽけもんもいるみたい!

= Pokemon no Shinka = Pokemon's Evolution

P - ポケルスがくっついたポケモンはどうやらそだちがよくなるみたいげんいんはわからないけど。

= "Pokerus"

I only read what RockinX posted earlier, so I'm just assuming he copied it down right. :P

How much calibration is "enough"? I've done six resets so far and in three of them I got 13 seconds and 598 delay.

Also, tell me if I'm missing anything in the process so far.

I'm soft resetting for a Jirachi from the most recent wifi wondercard. I'd like a Jolly nature and a physical spread with 31s in Spe and Atk at a minimum. Therefore, I selected seed 0C0E02C2 with a target frame of 88 per part 5 of the DPP RNG Manipulation Guide at the top of this thread.

I opened up RNG reporter and punched in seed 0C0E02C2 to the Seed to Times to find out what my target time would be. I selected 2010 Jul 01 at 14:01:04 with a delay of 696, because I want Jirachi's capture date to be within the dates of the actual wifi event.

Next I open up PikaTimer and punch in my calibrated delay/second, then my target delay/second, and I follow the instructions for using that program.

I've saved my game in the pokemart in Sandgem Town right in front of the delivery man.

So now, in theory, it's just a matter of going through the motions and soft resetting until I get my Jirachi?
Don't calibrate at all. It's a waist of time. Read the "How to use PikaTimer": http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2566531&postcount=4

Anyway, anyone can tell me if the Nature and IVs for wonder card pokemon are decided at the same time or not?
For some wondercard pokemon, the nature is fixed, for some the nature is random and we have no control over it. But the IV's are perfectly abuse-able. Use the catch tab in the time finder to find seeds, go back to the main window and spread the seed using "wondercard IV" method.

I've been trying to RNG an egg, got the initial Gender Ability Nature thing right so I've been soft resetting for the IVs.

I've run across a problem where my calibrated second is always 1 off from whatever target I'm trying to hit.. In the calibration phase I was consistently hitting 15seconds, however, when finding the save frame I was consistently hitting 14seconds. I decided to make my target 14 seconds and then discovered upon examining adjacent results I was hitting 15.. so I changed the target to 15 and now all I can hit is 16..

Has anyone else had this happen and figured out a way around it? Thanks

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I know that the Natures are not abusable, but my question is if they are decided at the same time as the IVs or not. If, for instance, the nature was decided when you picked up the egg and the IVs were decided before, one could play on an emulator and create a save state (or frozen state) at the correct frame/delay, then simply re-poen the state again and again until one got the right nature.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)