Troubles Running Shoddy Battle? READ Before Asking

@BunnyMaster - This happens when your connection to the host times out. Aka, when you lose connection to the database, you cannot login, or register. To fix this you need to login right away, you can't wait a few minutes/

Having trouble opening the download. I have downloaded it, tried it in chrome, IE and FF, uninstalled and reinstalled java - all without success.

I get the "java.net.MalformedURLException: unknown protocol: socket" failure twice before it tells me it wont open. so all i have is the initial download... am i missing something obvious? hunted around on google and on here a bit and got nowhere.

Thanks in advance

Nick

@Redwar - By chance are you using a Proxy and maybe Windows XP?

1) Control Panel --> Java
2) Select Network Settings Button
3) Select Direct Connection, and press OK a few times to exit

This is because Java is thinking you are using a proxy and tries to connect to it, since there is no proxy, it returns an error.

@Redwar - By chance are you using a Proxy and maybe Windows XP?

1) Control Panel --> Java
2) Select Network Settings Button
3) Select Direct Connection, and press OK a few times to exit

This is because Java is thinking you are using a proxy and tries to connect to it, since there is no proxy, it returns an error.
Was in vista (sorry, should have thought to say) but the advice still held... thanks a lot. I had no idea I was running a proxy, or even how to, so thanks for the advice. Since I am the only user of this laptop (aside from, occasionally, the other half who is even less tech proficient than me) I wonder how it happened... but that's for me to wonder - thanks a lot!!!

Now to start learning about competitive battling - nothing like being schooled by 10 year old's when you are 28...

I have the same issue as Miracle Mano. I think it has something to do with Sprites, as I can't see any when editing teams. It's pretty odd. Shoddy did not work on my new laptop originally. Then, I manually downloaded the sprites and it worked just fine. All of a sudden it just stopped. I tried everything I could think of and can't get it to work. Suggestions?
anybody? I don't know much about computers, so I certainly I did not try "everything"

No matter what I try, I'm still getting the stretch issue with my macbook pro. I've tried everything suggested in this thread. No dice.

I am having some trouble with shoddy battle. I seem to be able to run it, but the interface is poor in quality. For example, the text is somewhat multicolored and hard to read, drop down tabs don't line up well so I can't read the items under it, I can't use my mouse to click where I need to. Pushing the tab button lets me shuffle around, but selecting moves is impossible. Is there anyway to clear this up?

uh, I've been looking around for ages but nothing has helped.

Recently I've moved house and shoddy just load servers ( all with 0/500 or so, giving me the connection timed out message.

I try to ping shoddy battle . com but it didn't work at all, and the window just closed after a few failed attempts.

I've completely disabled all firewalls and checked for trojans, but still nothing. Somebody mentioned about unblocking specific ports? I'm on Windows 7 starter, will that make any difference.

I've even been evil and tried pokemon online but even that won't load servers giving me a timed out message. Any ideas? How do you unblock the port that shoddy runs on?

The problem i've had is not that I can't load shoddy battle. It's the fact I can't log into the smogon university server. I can log into any other server but that one.

@amplafied - Ping will not help. You are pinging the ShoddyBattle website which doesn't host a server. Try advance connecting. Ports have nothing to do with this. Try advance connecting.

hi,

I'm having a problem logging into the smogon server on shoddy. I registered a name and went to log in and it returns "incorrect password" even though its correct.

I made a second account to see if maybe I did make it wrong and got the same thing.

I registered and was able to log into another server just fine, but not smogon.

Shoddy's recently stopped working for me so I hope someone can help me!

Shoddy starts up correctly, the main window appears and I can connect to any working server. However, once I am connected and am at the log in screen it 'freezes', my account connects to the server however the log in window is still displayed and is frozen!

I've cleaned out my java temporary files and reinstalled the newest version (twice!) as well as removing any older versions of Java. I've scanned for virus's using AVG as well as checking to make sure I don't have this trojan but it still doesn't work!

The only other thing I can think of that might have affected it is; that I changed the cookies settings on Firefox / IE, they have both been changed back to see if that fixes it but it hasn't.

Help would be very appreciated. I'm running Windows 7 Home premium 32 bit.

Edit: Still not fixed!

when i first downloaded it, windows wouldnt open it as it said the file type was unknown, i downloaded java and a file type windows recommended, and it still did the same, i selected to open it using internet explorer and all i got was the codes for shoddy battle, this is when i downloaded java, but now when i try to open it, a file download box appears and gives me the options to open, save or cancel, however whichever option i choose, nothing happens, what do i need to do?

@metamega - Once your save it, go to Downloads, and right click. Click the change button, where you can select Java. You should then be working.

@Nomad - You'll need to redownload .jnlp File. I think part of the file has been erased. Post again if it proceeds

whenever i try to download shoddy i say yes to making changes to the computer and this appears.

Windows ® Installer. V 5.0.7600.16385

msiexec /Option <Required Parameter> [Optional Parameter]

Install Options
</package | /i> <Product.msi>
Installs or configures a product
/a <Product.msi>
Administrative install - Installs a product on the network
/j<u|m> <Product.msi> [/t <Transform List>] [/g <Language ID>]
Advertises a product - m to all users, u to current user
</uninstall | /x> <Product.msi | ProductCode>
Uninstalls the product
Display Options
/quiet
Quiet mode, no user interaction
/passive
Unattended mode - progress bar only
/q[n|b|r|f]
Sets user interface level
n - No UI
b - Basic UI
r - Reduced UI
f - Full UI (default)
/help
Help information
Restart Options
/norestart
Do not restart after the installation is complete
/promptrestart
Prompts the user for restart if necessary
/forcerestart
Always restart the computer after installation
Logging Options
/l[i|w|e|a|r|u|c|m|o|p|v|x|+|!|*] <LogFile>
i - Status messages
w - Nonfatal warnings
e - All error messages
a - Start up of actions
r - Action-specific records
u - User requests
c - Initial UI parameters
m - Out-of-memory or fatal exit information
o - Out-of-disk-space messages
p - Terminal properties
v - Verbose output
x - Extra debugging information
+ - Append to existing log file
! - Flush each line to the log
* - Log all information, except for v and x options
/log <LogFile>
Equivalent of /l* <LogFile>
Update Options
/update <Update1.msp>[;Update2.msp]
Applies update(s)
/uninstall <PatchCodeGuid>[;Update2.msp] /package <Product.msi | ProductCode>
Remove update(s) for a product
Repair Options
/f[p|e|c|m|s|o|d|a|u|v] <Product.msi | ProductCode>
Repairs a product
p - only if file is missing
o - if file is missing or an older version is installed (default)
e - if file is missing or an equal or older version is installed
d - if file is missing or a different version is installed
c - if file is missing or checksum does not match the calculated value
a - forces all files to be reinstalled
u - all required user-specific registry entries (default)
m - all required computer-specific registry entries (default)
s - all existing shortcuts (default)
v - runs from source and recaches local package
Setting Public Properties
[PROPERTY=PropertyValue]

Consult the Windows ® Installer SDK for additional documentation on the
command line syntax.

Copyright © Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Portions of this software are based in part on the work of the Independent JPEG Group.

Shoddy's recently stopped working for me so I hope someone can help me!

Shoddy starts up correctly, the main window appears and I can connect to any working server. However, once I am connected and am at the log in screen it 'freezes', my account connects to the server however the log in window is still displayed and is frozen!

I've cleaned out my java temporary files and reinstalled the newest version (twice!) as well as removing any older versions of Java. I've scanned for virus's using AVG as well as checking to make sure I don't have this trojan but it still doesn't work!

The only other thing I can think of that might have affected it is; that I changed the cookies settings on Firefox / IE, they have both been changed back to see if that fixes it but it hasn't.

Help would be very appreciated. I'm running Windows 7 Home premium 32 bit.

Edit: Still not fixed!

I'm having the exact same problem as Nomad here, and I believe one or two ppl have mentioned it above too!

@Duck92 - which .jnlp do you mean? The shoddy file or the java download?

Ive downloaded Shoddy today and everything seemed to be working fine, but when I got into a battle I cannot select any moves, change pokemon, the options arnt even there.... Is there anyway to fix this?

@Ramhere - ShoddyBattle
@Tristen - Read the topic,
Help! I have a mac/use OS X and when I start a battle the battle window stretches and I can't see my moves! What should I do!?!

This is a bug with Java 1.5 for OS X. Open your java preferences and in the Java Applications list in the General tab, make sure that Java 1.5 is not at the top of the list. Java 1.6 is the best choice, but 1.4 also works if you don't have 1.6.

I was trying to get on shoddy battle when it said unable to launch app with this exception:

CouldNotLoadArgumentException[ Could Not Load File/URL specified: C:/Documents And Settings/Administrator/Application Data/Sun/Java/Deployment/Cache/6.0/44/5b8a586c-7b283137]

I have XP, I have no trojan, I've got the latest Java, and I cant get on the shoddy battle site...

Please Help

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)