Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - June 2010

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Okay, this is getting ridiculous.

| 41 | Umbreon | 42191 | 4.22 |
Look at me, I'm Umbreon, come on in, Infernape, SD Lucario, Tauntrados, come in and kick my ass!!

OU Lead:
| 14 | Uxie | 20314 | 2.03 |
Hello, I'm TrickScarf Uxie. Do you have ScarfTar on your team?? If you do, please bring him out so I can get waste myself for you.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Uxie is a pretty reliable lead in OU actually, it's one of the ones I have the most trouble with! The screens one especially...

I am quite happy, Scizor is losing popularity. People are now realizing how much potential Heatran has. I am also glad Gengar and Gyarados are rising in Usage. Where Has Heracross gone? I could never imagine Heracross in UU, may be BL though.However, I am predicting Heracross usage to rise soon. Thanks for that stas! :)

Hello, I'm TrickScarf Uxie. Do you have ScarfTar on your team?? If you do, please bring him out so I can get waste myself for you.
While umbreon does get slaughtered, Uxie does not. Scarftar can't OHKO (50.8% - 59.9%) uxie with pursuit as it switches. Not to mention being stuck on pursuit so early on really sucks for ttar. This also means if ttar is shown/beaten early, sweepers like gengar can be played safely.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Losing 50% for free in the early game for Uxie while doing absolutely nothing is not a good way to be starting off the match, even if it mean locking yourself into Pursuit (You still have 5 other Pokemon to deal with Lucario or whatever the hell wants to set up)

Thats why some people are playing yawn+u-turn uxie. Also leads like azelf often don't taunt uxie because they fear to get tricked. That makes it a pretty reliable lead.

There are some interesting changes to the metagame this month, most likely influenced by the Suspect ladder. People's awareness has raised into how effective Heatran is in today's metagame. Due to this, Scizor has gone in usage.

Thanks for the stats Doug!

I also thought there would be more colbur berry Azelf leads especially with Machamp rising, I guess it hasn't cought on yet.
I was thinking the same thing. When I first looked at the stats I figured Azelf lead usage went up last month because of the Colbur set, but apparently < 8% of Azelf used an item that wasn't Focus Sash, Life Orb, or Choice Scarf.
Once the set catches on, though, Machamp lead usage should go waaaaay down.
I'm definitely not complaining though.

Thanks for the stats, Doug!

I <3 you Doug.

Starmie and Infernape breaking into the top ten seems to make sense, with Latias gone and Salamence and Tyranitar dropping. I also notice that since a few months ago Gengar has been steadily rising, displacing Rotom-A in May and Jirachi in June. It's a good check to SD Lucario, LO Heatran and Infernape for offensive teams. I will attribute these to the decreased popularity of ScarfTar, as 30% of Tyranitar carried a Scarf in June as compared to 36% in May. More are also using Adamant instead of Jolly, along with more CB usage.

Edit: And woah, Azelf usage as a lead just keeps on rising.. even though so many leads are customized to shut it down (Machamp, TrickScarf Uxie, Starmie..) Machamp's rise is not surprising but I would have expected Metagross to rise alongside it because LumGross is a very good answer to Lead Machamp. Starmie leads have shot to prominence in recent months, and WTF why has Roserade risen when so many leads now carry Lum to guard against Mahcamp?

Starmie's the #15 lead now? I'm guessing that Smog article helped give it some attention at last. But I was using it long before it was cool. >_>

Heracross is raped by Scyther, though, and also by Moltres. I'm not convinced that it is unmanageable in UU.
Scarfed Heracross will make them think twice though, because Heracross easily OHKOs both of them easily with Stone Edge. Weezing is much more reliable at taking down Heracross, it can easily take any move it has, and can cripple it with WOW, however even then, Guts will make it even more difficult to take down.

Things seem to be getting back to the way they were before the whole obsession with BP Scizor and OU Latias. It's nice to see that things are moving around and the top ten aren't too centralized.

Scarfed Heracross will make them think twice though, because Heracross easily OHKOs both of them easily with Stone Edge. Weezing is much more reliable at taking down Heracross, it can easily take any move it has, and can cripple it with WOW, however even then, Guts will make it even more difficult to take down.

No one doesn't use guts on Heracross. All you need is stealth rock support and he would easily assrape UU.

No one doesn't use guts on Heracross. All you need is stealth rock support and he would easily assrape UU.
Your dead wrong there, according the June 2010 Statistics, 99.7% of Heracross on the Suspect Ladder had the ability Guts, and 94.2% on the Standard ladder had Guts. I agree, However, that most of the Heracross on the ladders are Scarfed.

Lots of interesting changes have happened in OU with Starmie and Heatran usage rising and Scizor usage going down. It looks like Heracross is going to be UU. That will shake up the metagame... And Milotic looks like it's going to take Venusaur's No. 1 spot in UU.

| Heracross | Ability | Guts | 94.2 |

Yeah noone uses Guts... Guts Heracross will be an excellent status absorber in offensive UU teams.

Also:
33 | Electivire| Usage | 60033 | 6.01 |
36 | Dusknoir | Usage | 51723 | 5.18 |

What the hell are these things doing way up there?

This is dumb. It's pretty much impossible to keep SR on the field in UU. And a Scarfed Heracross is easily revenged; it doesn't have the raw power (or consistency, due to using low-accuracy moves) of P-Z to be able to abuse a Scarf properly in UU.

It would be a good Choice Scarf pokemon if it could learn U-Turn :/
Substitute + three attacks is going to wreck things though.

Looks like scizor might actually get overtaken!
Yeah, I hope so, scizor has been #1 for a long time, and I think its about time for the "king" to get unseated. IMO, Heatran(besides Salamence) is the pokemon closest to being Uber. It is a great all round pokemon, the ulimate antimetagame pokemon.

Oh man. Heracross is seriously in danger of falling now. If I'm correct and we count Rotom-A as one Pokemon, Heracross has the lowest usage of all of the current OU Pokemon. I guess I better start thinking about making a UU team based around Heracross then =/

Machamp seriously is climbing up as a lead. Overtaking Metagross last month... can he overtake Swampert this month? What is with these Ninjask as well? Ah well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)