Want to see your Original sprites on the X-Box Live Arcade?

Ok... I would suggest to just make your goat a juvenile form because we are pretty satisfied with the adult form that we already have (but the baby we have is pretty weak). We are down to only 3 fire concepts left (Boar, Lobster, & Rat). Truthfully we REALLY just want to get this phase (creature creation) done so if we could not work backwards that would be great.

We REALLY would appreciate if you could make the juvenile forms of your creatures your 1st priority.
You have a Fire Ram? O_O Well. That was something that I did not know. Can I have a pic of this Fire Ram so that I can have a better idea of what to make? 'Twould be helpful. +)

I'll see if I can't get some art uploaded sometime soon. The Fire Ram was mainly a filler sprite until I got my scanner to work. I'll prob. start making more Baby Forms when that is done.

EDIT: Btw, is that the company logo? Looks cool. +)

You have a Fire Ram? O_O Well. That was something that I did not know. Can I have a pic of this Fire Ram so that I can have a better idea of what to make? 'Twould be helpful. +)

I'll see if I can't get some art uploaded sometime soon. The Fire Ram was mainly a filler sprite until I got my scanner to work. I'll prob. start making more Baby Forms when that is done.

EDIT: Btw, is that the company logo? Looks cool. +)
1. Yeah we do. A Ram/Goat, check the encyclopedia in the 2nd post.

2. Sounds good, looking forward to the juveniles. My OCD nature hates seeing those empty slots in the encyclopedia, lol.

3. Yeah this is our new company logo, or rather the avatar version of our logo. As the game is nearing completion we are starting to get things in order like our website and all that jazz.

I decided to take the Narwhal into my own hands, I changed the shading, coloration, the tail, and the pattern.

I really hope it looks better, I was running a 105 degree fever when I made the first adult form, probably should'nt have sprited! lol :D

Here are my latest ones:

Solar sloths
Duuuuuude! Nice!

My favorite part about these guys is that they have some detail and texture to them with the swirls and such which is something I think most of our submissions lack a bit. I love it.

With that said I think the arms on the adult (at least the right arm) are a bit wonky looking... I dunno there is just something that feels a bit off about them. Anyone else see it? It may just be something that can be fixed with shading or something. But they look great!

Hooray! Scanner finally worked! Guess what that means?

New Sketches! Hooray!

Interesting concept behind this one. To evolve a Shadow Angler, what must happen? Well, my answer was to have it die. I plan on having it look more like the adult when I sprite it out, but that basically explains why it lacks arms and etc. Might add the finned tail as well to the final product.

I came up for this idea by thinking about hangliders awhile ago with my brother. I had just made the Shadow Bat's Adult form, so I figured why not make it evolve from a hanglider?

This was originally a redesign of the Ice Rabbit taken to the extreme. I decided it would be better if I altered it into a Yeti and trimmed some craziness off before I submit for spriting. Expect additional art soon.

Made this in a doctor's office one day because I was bored. What started as an Electric Lizard soon morphed into this, and I happened to like it better this way. +)

Strange things were running through my head when I made this. I came up with the concept during my recent trip to DC when I was trying to go to sleep on the bumpy busride up. It uses it's hands to defend against blows as well as to sweep up opponents, which it then eats by splitting it's face in half to swallow them. I have strange dreams at night.

The long-fabled Water Ospray. Made a few weeks back due to the tiopic of the week. Yes, there is a reason the end of the tail cannot be seen, and that is because it is too fricken' long for the sheet of paper. Obviously this will not be the sprite pose.

Tell me what you guys think!

Hooray! Scanner finally worked! Guess what that means?

New Sketches! Hooray!

Interesting concept behind this one. To evolve a Shadow Angler, what must happen? Well, my answer was to have it die. I plan on having it look more like the adult when I sprite it out, but that basically explains why it lacks arms and etc. Might add the finned tail as well to the final product.

I came up for this idea by thinking about hangliders awhile ago with my brother. I had just made the Shadow Bat's Adult form, so I figured why not make it evolve from a hanglider?

This was originally a redesign of the Ice Rabbit taken to the extreme. I decided it would be better if I altered it into a Yeti and trimmed some craziness off before I submit for spriting. Expect additional art soon.

Made this in a doctor's office one day because I was bored. What started as an Electric Lizard soon morphed into this, and I happened to like it better this way. +)

Strange things were running through my head when I made this. I came up with the concept during my recent trip to DC when I was trying to go to sleep on the bumpy busride up. It uses it's hands to defend against blows as well as to sweep up opponents, which it then eats by splitting it's face in half to swallow them. I have strange dreams at night.

The long-fabled Water Ospray. Made a few weeks back due to the tiopic of the week. Yes, there is a reason the end of the tail cannot be seen, and that is because it is too fricken' long for the sheet of paper. Obviously this will not be the sprite pose.

Tell me what you guys think!
I will just go down the list in order, lol.

>Like
>Like
>Dislike (too cluttered and one sided)
>LIKE
>Like
>Like

So not too bad, lol. I will give you a reference image to use for the pose of the ospray sprite when I remember to get around to it. Otherwise you can feel free to start spriting the other stuff!

I will just go down the list in order, lol.
>Like
>Like
>Dislike (too cluttered and one sided)
>LIKE
>Like
>Like

So not too bad, lol. I will give you a reference image to use for the pose of the ospray sprite when I remember to get around to it. Otherwise you can feel free to start spriting the other stuff!
There's a reason you dislike the third entry. It is still a heavy WIP piece. I just did a quick side sketch to get the concept out there. I plan on cutting the clutter when I redraw it next.

But yeah, glad to hear you like everything else! I'll get to spriting these out whenever I can manage it. In addition to that, I can now start drawing up the Infant forms for my other concepts as well. +)

WIP of a Baby Electric Porcupine (or whatever it is).
I see where you are trying to go with it. I want to make the juvenile form a bit more simplistic than the stegosaurus/porcupine hybrid thing that we have for the adult. I think if we do kind of more of just a spiky fuzzball kind of guy with more roundness to the body then the elongated almost lizardy one that you have started on. Does that help?

Is it OK if I make an electric beetle? I can't really find a good concept for anything else, sorry. :(

P.S. Is my narwhal OK?

The Narwhal is good, sorry, I will add it to the encyclopedia when I get a chance to do some QC. No worries.

Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm.............. yeah I guess. Go ahead and make it and if it is good then we will take it. Glad you are back! lol

did you remake the message? I remeber seeing it before you reposted it :/

I do like it, I really do like the concept too!
(I hope I don't anger you fourm overlords) Me?
I too am a tad confused... lol. Mind clarifying what you are talking about Doran?

HEY EVERYONE!

If you guys are bored and feeling uninspired, I was thinking that we could start churning out back sprites. For the most point if it is in the encyclopedia then it is going in the game so it will no longer be a potential waste of time to make the back sprites.

I will eventually update the encyclopedia so that all of the sprites on there are available for back sprites (UNTIL THEN, some like the fire phoenix & the metal tortoises, are being completely redone so a back sprite of the current sprite would be useless, so DO NOT DO THOSE.)

Specifications

I'm thinking that we can stick with 100x100 like the front sprites but that we should only depict the top 1/2 or 2/3 of the creature.

Thanks everyone!

I decided to drop the electric Beetle idea, but I made an Adult Fire Lobster/Ant/Mantis/Crustacian thing.

I'm sorry about the lack of "lobsteriness", But I can change the face if you want.

Speaking of new sprites...

I think that this sprite uses more transparency than anything else I have ever done. It took me four layers to do this right. Seriously. At least it only took around 3 hours. +)

I don't mean to be a jackass to either of you, lol, so keep that in mind.

I decided to drop the electric Beetle idea, but I made an Adult Fire Lobster/Ant/Mantis/Crustacian thing.

I'm sorry about the lack of "lobsteriness", But I can change the face if you want.
Its a quality sprite but in all honesty its not what we are looking for for the fire lobster. We might be able to find another place for it however so do not lose hope, lol. Thanks!

Speaking of new sprites...

I think that this sprite uses more transparency than anything else I have ever done. It took me four layers to do this right. Seriously. At least it only took around 3 hours. +)
A couple issues with this (and I am sorry because I know how long and hard you work on your sprites). For one there is no transparency on the adult version so it seems out of place to do it on the juvenile. Now you might be thinking "Well then I can pretty quickly add some to the adult and everything will be great" but in truth the transparency on the juvenile makes it kind of hard to determine what is going on with all of his different frills. The thing we really need to strive for is clarity above all with such a small medium to work with. I would say to maybe get rid of the small wings behind the eyes and stick with just the side frills and then make those non-transparent... also the lips seem out of place and the adult doesn't have eyes... lol. Yikes, sorry dude. I really do like your work though.

I decided to make a few back sprites:

Whaddaya think? Should I have made them full body sprites?
They look FANTASTIC! Truly we could not ask for better.

Just a few minor things actually now that I think about it. I am not certain that the sprites will be backed up against the left side of the screen like you have in the adult ice lizard so (and you can use some extra pixels if you need to) if you could make it so they only disappear on the bottom and not on the sides like that they would be perfect.

The main reason is that in our game the main character will have an actual role in the battle and will be fighting alongside the creatures so he will likely be on the left of the creatures. It will be kind of like yu-gi-oh where both player and creature have health but the creatures kind of acts like a shield to the character's HP. If that makes sense.

Thanks dude!

Sorry about my Garchomp with an exoskeleton, I'll try something else... As for the back sprites, I'm very sorry, but mine are AWFUL, I just can't work with art with large portions. I'd be really happy if someone else could work on them. Again, sorry... :(

A couple issues with this (and I am sorry because I know how long and hard you work on your sprites). For one there is no transparency on the adult version so it seems out of place to do it on the juvenile. Now you might be thinking "Well then I can pretty quickly add some to the adult and everything will be great" but in truth the transparency on the juvenile makes it kind of hard to determine what is going on with all of his different frills. The thing we really need to strive for is clarity above all with such a small medium to work with. I would say to maybe get rid of the small wings behind the eyes and stick with just the side frills and then make those non-transparent... also the lips seem out of place and the adult doesn't have eyes... lol. Yikes, sorry dude. I really do like your work though.
OKay, sounds good to me. I wasn't sure about whether or not to make it have transparency or not, honestly. Should be an easy fix. As for the wings, they are actually Ears, lol. The lips were just something I threw on to make it look more childlike, so that can also be fixed. As for the eyes, I put them there to have a bit more of an evolutionary difference. I was planning to have it so that the Adult would lose the eyes as it grew older, originally needing the eyes to help it see until its other senses were well sharpened. I'll see what it looks like sans eyes though.

Btw, don't worry about offending me. I value criticisms, whether or not they are pleasant. +)

EDIT: @Albinoloon- I can try for your backsprites. I feel that I can do good things with them. +)

EDIT2: Is this what you were looking for?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)