Internet's latest victim(?): 11 year old drama queen

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Well, to be honest, I thought the video of the outraged father was hilarious. But that is irrelevant. You should not be posting stuff online that can be offensive, especially offensive to other people in your life (such as Jessica's classmates she was slamming) and expect no repercussions for it because it is on "the internet".

Had Jessica said those things in person she probably would have gotten her ass kicked. Once again I digress.

There is a limit to how much trolling etc. one should do. 4chan typically takes this too far. Yes, should she have been trolled? Oh probably. Should she have received death threats at home? No. That's crossing the line. If you want to post stupid crap online you'd best be prepared for it to come back on you, but heck, leave the death threats out.

I think she learned a valuable lesson about attempting to be a badass. It was an extreme lesson, but a valuable one at least.

Well, to be honest, I thought the video of the outraged father was hilarious. But that is irrelevant. You should not be posting stuff online that can be offensive, especially offensive to other people in your life (such as Jessica's classmates she was slamming) and expect no repercussions for it because it is on "the internet".

Had Jessica said those things in person she probably would have gotten her ass kicked. Once again I digress.

There is a limit to how much trolling etc. one should do. 4chan typically takes this too far. Yes, should she have been trolled? Oh probably. Should she have received death threats at home? No. That's crossing the line. If you want to post stupid crap online you'd best be prepared for it to come back on you, but heck, leave the death threats out.

I think she learned a valuable lesson about attempting to be a badass. It was an extreme lesson, but a valuable one at least.
I think it's not the kind of lesson you could call ''valuable''; the internet is there to express ideas, which she did, in a bad way, but still. For that, I agree she should have been trolled, but not the way she was. I my opinion, the police should do something about the people who sent death threats to her and her family. Where I live in Canada, you can go to trial for sending a death threat and even to jail. Same goes for those who harassed her in both real life and over the internet. What she did was plain stupid, but what 4chan did wasn't better either. Both should pay for their actions, although, unfortunately, only one will pay, the girl and her parents (who outside of bad parenting did nothing wrong, but still they pay an heavy price - which I can't blame, with all the new technology it's impossible for a new parent to know all the threats).

skarm

I HAVE HOTEL ROOMS
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I think it's not the kind of lesson you could call ''valuable''; the internet is there to express ideas, which she did, in a bad way, but still. For that, I agree she should have been trolled, but not the way she was. I my opinion, the police should do something about the people who sent death threats to her and her family. Where I live in Canada, you can go to trial for sending a death threat and even to jail. Same goes for those who harassed her in both real life and over the internet. What she did was plain stupid, but what 4chan did wasn't better either. Both should pay for their actions, although, unfortunately, only one will pay, the girl and her parents (who outside of bad parenting did nothing wrong, but still they pay an heavy price - which I can't blame, with all the new technology it's impossible for a new parent to know all the threats).
I also live in Canada, and yes, I do believe the police should be attempting to track those who crossed the line.

It is a very valuable lesson if you look at it for what it is. People don't walk around in person insulting everyone they know, so why should they get away with it on the internet? It might have been a very severe punishment, but no one should go through life thinking they're untouchable just because they are on the internet which is far too common these days.

Think about it. I cannot play a game on XBox Live without some 13 year old whipping out every racial slur he knows. Would he do this with a punch of random people in public? Probably not. Why should he do it here? Because online chat is for expressing ideas?

There is no problem with using the internet for expressing ideas, but if you're going to shit on other people you'd best expect some in return. This is what you get when you open your mouth. It just doesn't typically happen online.

The Tyler King story linked on the first page was amusing as well, but also went quite a bit too far. However I am willing to be they learned their lesson from it.

Granted, when teaching lessons, don't cross the line.

Do you hate little boys too? :D
I'm generally not fond of 10 year olds no matter what gender you want to slap on them (Male, Female... Satan...). But thing is, I've seen plenty of little girls just like that who think they're badass because they listen to crunkcore and say fuck and probably smoke too, and it's sickening.

I'm generally not fond of 10 year olds no matter what gender you want to slap on them (Male, Female... Satan...). But thing is, I've seen plenty of little girls just like that who think they're badass because they listen to crunkcore and say fuck and probably smoke too, and it's sickening.
lol crunkcore. The whole core genre is a TOOL generator.

lol at police on the internets that punish bullies. Don't post a vid online if you can't handle the consequences people.

Honestly I feel bad for her... kind of... I mean goddamn she didn't hurt anyone but she's just so obnoxious and... uuughghghhhh.

Also any 11 year old girl that thinks posting nudes on the internet is a good idea should probably have their head checked.

Exactly, when you cross the line you should expect consequences, and this should be the same case of those 4chan people that sent death threats and all, they are stupid enough to think about themselves as an 'army', except armies don't run like chickens when their private data goes public and the police tracks them down, so in a way they have been as stupid as Jessica.

I also live in Canada, and yes, I do believe the police should be attempting to track those who crossed the line.

It is a very valuable lesson if you look at it for what it is. People don't walk around in person insulting everyone they know, so why should they get away with it on the internet? It might have been a very severe punishment, but no one should go through life thinking they're untouchable just because they are on the internet which is far too common these days.

Think about it. I cannot play a game on XBox Live without some 13 year old whipping out every racial slur he knows. Would he do this with a punch of random people in public? Probably not. Why should he do it here? Because online chat is for expressing ideas?

There is no problem with using the internet for expressing ideas, but if you're going to shit on other people you'd best expect some in return. This is what you get when you open your mouth. It just doesn't typically happen online.

The Tyler King story linked on the first page was amusing as well, but also went quite a bit too far. However I am willing to be they learned their lesson from it.

Granted, when teaching lessons, don't cross the line.
I totally agree, you can't go and insult people if you feel like it in real life or over the internet. If you think about it this way, she learned a lesson. But when you think about it, this lesson wasn't harsh, but cruel. She is and well as her parents humiliated, they lost the most part of their dignity and probably their lives (She will most definitely recover form that experience, but not fully). When I was 11, if I insulted my classmates the way she insulted her haters or whoever they were, I would have had to probably copy multiple pages from a dictionary or something, not lose most of my honor and be laughed at by most of the country.

There is another reason why I say this lesson is cruel: according to the law, in Canada (I know she doesn't live in Canada, but every human being are the same, race and country don't matter) you are not responsible for your actions until you are twelve, and she was eleven. Granted, it's not entirely the parents' fault, they are still somewhat to blame; she is still a kid after all. Maybe she doesn't have much innocence left, she is still pretty immature and childish in a sense. For that reason, what some 4chan users did to this family is cruel.

This is my opinion and I think in a sense what happened there is good; it might encourage some people to do something about these kind of internet problems. In the end, I agree with you for the most part, she shouldn't in the beginning had insulted anyone the way she it and she absolutely learned her lesson, although I think it was a cruel lesson.

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Havent read the story, cause my internet is too shitty to watch any video.

But death threats to an 11 year old girl is pretty bad. What I would like to hear about is someone tracking down who made those, and troll them just as hard. Too bad it would most likely be another 11 year old, but that would be a lesson worth teaching..

Have a nice day.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
In all seriousness, she's obnoxious, and she's pretty young at the same time. Being young, I guess, opens up naivety, and this girl at first didn't understand the consequences of trying to be the badass on Chuck Norris Street.

But...damn. Death threats? That's going a bit far as far as a ten-eleven year old kid is concerned. Maybe there's a mix of moral issues brewing up?

But...damn. Death threats? That's going a bit far as far as a ten-eleven year old kid is concerned. Maybe there's a mix of moral issues brewing up?
That's why I titled the topic as such. She shouldn't have received death threats..but what she was doing before wasn't exactly righteous either.

On a side note, I hear she might be on Good Morning America tomorrow. Maybe it's just a rumor...

pookar

Banned deucer.
The problem with all the rumors spreading around is that nobody knows whats real and what isn't. Nobody knows what was said, or if anything was said or who was called except the person who actually did it. Would the parents make up that death threats were sent in order to gain pity from a crowd? Yes. Would internet users like about sending death threats to troll or feel like a "badass"? Yes. Would some people legitimately send threats? Also yes.

Someone linked me a news quote earlier that said the local police had said no threats of any kind were sent to the household. Was it because people had stopped before surveillance happened? Maybe.

And just a note, as i saw a few people already make this mistake, her comments were directed to anonymous youtube/stickam users, not her classmates.

Fishy

tits McGee (๑˃̵ᴗ˂̵)
I watched the video now and read the article, and yeah, I basically echo skarm's sentiments. While death threats over something as "trivial" as a video on the internet is very extreme, it is still really naive and ignorant of the girl (only eleven, jesus christ) to act the way she did and at all assume that it wouldn't come back to bite her in the ass.

kids these days!! it's really kind of sad.

I watched the video now and read the article, and yeah, I basically echo skarm's sentiments. While death threats over something as "trivial" as a video on the internet is very extreme, it is still really naive and ignorant of the girl (only eleven, jesus christ) to act the way she did and at all assume that it wouldn't come back to bite her in the ass.

kids these days!! it's really kind of sad.
Remember, she is only eleven. Granted, she is obnoxious and unaware of the possible consequences of her actions but she is still very young, she is a kid basically. You cannot expect a kid to be fully aware of the repercussions of her actions, however that does not mean she shouldn't be punished for what she did - even if she wouldn't have known what this video could have brought to her and her family, you cannot go around and insult people like you want, this is basic judgement.

Although is is rather outrageous to hear those words coming from such a young girl, she doesn't deserve what some internet users did to her whether it's online harassment, death threats or even real-life harassment (the prank calls). And even if it is partially her parents' fault and her own fault, neither of them should pay the way they did.

Yup. Kids these days, what are they becoming? Seriously, I think most of them should go and learn manners or something.

Internet rage can be fun you guys please stop hating

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7FxdJ1WcQM

Why does her daddy have such different sized legs? Maybe it's the webcams fault. She's pretty hysterical. I don't know many details about this, but spreading all that personal info and doing that to her is pretty uncool, that's how things like PTSD and other major issues can crop up in a developing brain.

Granted, people are dicks and the internet is a haven for bullying, low IQ and insensitivity. Trolling is trolling, but when it goes this far it ruins it for the rest of us.

Fishy, skarm and whoever else (I didn't read the whole thing) that is basically saying "mess with the bull you get the horns", yeah I kinda agree- but a little bit of trolling would have sufficed, not THIS much. She fucked up, but the internet fucked up BAD.

For those who haven't heard...

Tween YouTube Rant Videos: a Cautionary Tale for Online Engagement

Basically, a girl known as "Jessie Slaughter" was posting Youtube videos of herself bad-mouthing her classmates. Unfortunately, this got the ,attention of the (in)famous board 4chan. The end result was a video of her breaking down and her father's anger becoming an internet meme. She's now world famous...in the worst possible way.

All meme jokes aside, this brings up the ongoing issue of parents not monitoring what their kids do on the computer/Internet.
HHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. PWN'D BITCH!!

Seriously, can someone get a picture of her looking out the window Malcolm X-esque with her "brain-slushie glock" and the words PWN'D underneath. Gets what she deserves and just reaffirms what I believe that the people who act the toughest are just insecure 11 year old girls on the inside.

She chose to talk tough on the internet, hope she's learned a tough life lesson.

EDIT: I just found the funniest video The Rock meets Jessi

wow I love those clips of the dad raging. Honestly he shouldn't be fueling the fire like that. "Consequences will never be the same", "I've back traced you" and "You've been reported to the cyber police" are all effectively internet meme potential.

Ha, "consequences will never be the same" is indeed a good meme, but like all of them is getting way to overused and it will get burnt in a week.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
Any kid mature enough to do any hacking to the extent chaos is talking about is probably not going to be scarred for life by anything he sees on the internet.
Mature enough? It's not like they have to figure out any of this stuff themselves. They could hypothetically find step by step instructions by Googling "get around parental block/router/etc"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)