Nuzlocke Challenge

Yea i know Sprocket, i already caught one there and then realised that i have to catch it in the safari zone... And then to do that i need mountain objects, which i don't have yet.

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Update

BATTLE OF CHAMPIONS

I began my challenge with Will who I crushed with Chaos.

Koga was solo'd with Vulcan

Bruno was beaten with a combination of Tangrowth, Vulcan, Chaos and Archillies.

Karen was pretty much destroyed by Khan as her Gengar had no chance. I managed to nail two fuocus Blasts in a row though (53% chance!) and I was forced to clean up with Chaos.

Lance.

Vs Gyarados.
I lead with Medusa who promptly shrugged off a Ice DFang from Gyarados and then set up Sunny Day. His gyarados was then OHKO'ed from a Specs Eruption from Vulcan.

Aerodactly.
Not wanted to duel with his Flying fossil I went to Ice Age. He showed his class KOing with 2 Ice Shards while ignoring a Rock Slide

Vs Charazard.
Chaos got hit by an Air Slash but got a DD up and then Ko'ed it with Aqua Tail.

Vs the 3 Dragonites

Chaos swept with Ice Fang.

My Team

Medusa (Tangrowth)
Lv 54
Impish
-Sleep Powder
-Wring Out
-Sunny Day
-Power Whip

Vulcan (Typlosion)
Lv 57
Relaxed
-Eruption
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower
-Swift

Archilles (Heracross)
Lv 55
Brave
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Night Slash
-Aerial Ace

Chaos (Gyarados)
Lv 56
Careful
-Aqua Tail
-Ice Fang
-Bite
-Dragon Dance

Khan (Kangaskhan)
Lv 55
Hardy
-Strength
-Outrage
-Focus Punch
-Substitute

Ice Age (Mammoswine)
Lv 53
Modest
-Earthquake
-Take Down
-Ice Fang
-Ice Shard

I just started on emerald version, and have no deaths so far!

As of now, this is my team:

Skippy - Male - Mudkip
Lv 9, Met at Littleroot as my starter

Drew - Male - Silcoon
Lv 9, Met as a Wurmple in Route 102

Ichigo - Male - Poochyena
Lv 9, Met in Route 103

Kimmi - Female - Marill
Lv 5, Met in Route 104

Well, might as well do Red.

Rules:
-Nickname your mons
-First mon per route unless you have already obtained it

Pokemon Red: Hard Mode

Part 1: Every Story has a Beginning

"It all started about ten minutes ago, when I finally woke up one day and I was suddenly controlling the body of a ten year old..oh dear, I hope the FBI isn't reading this..."

"When I left home, I decided, I'm gonna flee through the tall grass! It's not like anything bad is gonna-"

STOP!!

"Oh boy, not an old man.."

You need a Pogeymon for protection, come with me-

"We'll go and see, a place called Candied Isla- Oh no, not going there. When I get to the lab, I realize that he must be Professor Oak."

Pick a Poke-

I choose this one!

-NORRIS the Bulbasaur get!-

"Blue, the guy next to me, is a douche and picks Charmander. After a close fight (4 HP left), I was the victor! Yay."

"I ninja Route 1 successfully, grab Oak's parcel, deliver it, ninja Route 1 again, and thus my journey begins!"

1st mon...(Route 1)

"A Wild RATTATA Appeared!"

CAUGHT. Named NELSON. Lv3

2nd mon...(Route 22)

"A Wild NIDORAN(M) Appeared!"

CAUGHT. Named HONDO. Lv2

3rd mon...(Route 2)

"A Wild WEEDLE Appeared!"

T_T. Caught. Named Beedle. Lv3

4th mon...(Viridian Forest)

"ZOMG WILD PIKACHU!!!"

"=D To my utter shock and amazement, Pikachu graces itself to me immediately upon my entry into the forest. I HAVE to catch it!"

...CAUGHT! Named Kato..LV5 YEAH

"Ok, now that I have amassed nearly an entire team before the first Gym, it's time to train my mons!"

-One Training Sequen-

HONDO Fainted!

"I mourn Hondo, my Nidoran, as it could never get a chance to gain some experience. It was done in by a crit from a Rattata."

And then there were four..

Anyway, one training sequence later!

Oh wait, Beedle died too. T_T You will be missed.

"Early on and two of my teammates have died to hax. Then again, Weedle never got hax, unlike its brethren, who get it constantly.

And then there were three...

"I decide, hey, my Pokemon are strong enough, let's find the rival!"

And so I do find the rival and defeat him with ease. Having never used Rattata before, I never knew how good it could be early on.

End Chapter.

Current Team:
Norris the Bulbasaur Lv8
Kato the Pikachu Lv8
Nelson the Rattata Lv9

Dead:
Hondo the Nidoran-M Lv2
Beedle the Weedle Lv3

Well i lost Kimmi due to a critical from a trainer's zigzagoon, but ive gained a full team! I just got to the second Gym but unfortunatly, no one can learn Cut, so i had to skip a lot of items and battles, but im hoping i can at least get something like zigzagoon soon...

My Team:

Ninja Kick - Lv 7
- Tackle
- Focus Energy
- Sand-Attack
-

Ichigo - Lv 12
- Tackle
- Howl
- Sand-Attack
-

Drew - Lv 12
- Tackle
- Absorb
- Poison Sting
- Harden

Bewbs? - Lv 12
- Pound
- Uproar
- Astonish
-

Hoshi - Lv 13
- Peck
- Wing Attack
- Focus Energy
- Quick Attack

Skippy - Lv 14
- Tackle
- Growl
- Mud-Slap
- Water Gun

Deaths thus far:

Kimmi

Sprocket

P(n) = 1 - (1 - P(1))^n
ZZgashi, please just stick to black text. Bright blue, especially on a bright grey, is very hard on the eyes.

Well I have defeated Jasmine. Easily the easiest johto gym leader. To save lavos from an electrabuzz I switched out to venus, only to have magmar barbecue Venus with a flamethrower. I hate that double battle, my team is too weak to fire and electric. Lavos subsequently died to a wild fearow. Pokemon catching I caught a sentret in the safari zone. I caught a hoppip outside of the safari too. My main team is okay so hopefully I won't resort to target the sentret.
My team
Croco the feraligatr lv. 33
Night the venonat lv. 28
Para the pidgeotto lv 30
Gore the tauros lv 27
Tesla the magneton lv 31
Darwin the flareon lv 13

Cryo
Cotton the hoppip
Target the sentret

Dead
Fang the rattata
Sage the hoothoot
Sandman the drowzee
Arachno the spinarak
Monarch the caterpie
Spear the spearow
Genesis the togepi
Regent the nidorina
Venus the weepinbell
Lavos the slugma

Is it okay to catch a pokemon at the team rocket hideout. Is it even possible or is it like the marowak in red/blue?

Vs Gyarados.
I lead with Medusa who promptly shrugged off a Ice DFang from Gyarados and then set up Sunny Day. His gyarados was then OHKO'ed from a Specs Eruption from Vulcan.
Well, that's one way to deal with Gyarados XD
I'm taking your suggestion to add Anthony the Swinub to my team, I'll post my update after battling Clair (which will be after I grind Anthony to 40, only 13 levels to go -_-)

ginganinja

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, that's one way to deal with Gyarados XD
I'm taking your suggestion to add Anthony the Swinub to my team, I'll post my update after battling Clair (which will be after I grind Anthony to 40, only 13 levels to go -_-)

Hell yeah, who needs a jolteon when you have a Specs Eruption to abuse. In all seriousness though I decided I needed something else to beat Gyarados since Tangrowth did not fit on the team. On the Plus side I have created by full team to carry me through to the end of the game. I'll do the gyms (Kanto) 2morrow and give you my team update. It took me ages to grind my way though. Its kinda funny because Khan is at like level 73 and then I was like f**k it. Also the batle frontier is so hard. I had to battle for ages to get enough BP for some TMs and Items.
Also guess what. I found out that my Cubone was holding a Bone Club. How awesome is that! Its too bad he is oo low of a level for me to do anything.

Screw it. Update on my Team in preparation for sweeping Kanto.

Hope (Togekiss) (YEAH FINALLY)
Lv 65
Hasty
-Hyper Beam
-Aura Sphere
-Shadow Ball
-Air Slash

Vulcan (Typlosion)
Lv 65
Relaxed
-Eruption
-Focus Blast
-Flamethrower
-Swift

Terror (Aerodactyl)
Lv 65
Naughty
-Earthquake
-Fly
-Rock Slide
-Fire Fang

Cancer (Gliscor)
Lv 65
Naive
-Earthquake
-Ice Fang
-Swords Dance
-Roost

Achilles (Heracross)
Lv 65
Brave
-Close Combat
-Megahorn
-Stone Edge
-Night Slash

Khan (Kangaskhan)
Lv 73
Hardy
-Focus Punch
-Outrage
-Strength
-Substitute

So lets hope that gets me past that realy nastly double battle with Lance and Clair. I am doing that next. Last time I lost 2 pokemon and woud have been swept if I had not put my Dragonite in my party on a whim. Its tough because its pretty much 2v1 which sucks.

Oh well.....
Wish me luck!

i'm gonna start this with either diamond or platinum--emerald if i can find it, this challenge is the greatest pokemon related idea i've seen in about two years

ginganinja

Update!

I entered the Dragons Den prepared. I knew that my Rical was nearby but had decided to swap my Vulcan for a marril to get the chance to Surf over at watch Fritz training. Things went exactually as planned..except he spotted me. He was upset that I was "spying" on him. I was 2 seconds away from challenging him when 2 unexpected visitors arrived, Lance and Clair. They each gave a frown when they saw me as I had crushed them both. Clair did not even both to try to hide her contempt of me. I could see it in their eyes, they both wanted revenge, wanted be to pay. It did not matter that I was unprepared, this was personal.

Fritz and I teame dup to try and beat them. I could not hide my nerves. 1v1 I could likely win but if they both ganged up on me (which I knew they would) I had no chance.

Knowing that I needed to Eliminate clair early to have any chance of winning I send out my strongest pokemon. Hope. Lance's Gyarados quicky brought reality crashing down on me as it got a Crit Ice Fang on my Hope. I survived..... by the skin of my teath. Trying to seise back control I ordered an Air Slash. Clair remained confident ,until she saw my special Glasses on Togekiss. "Not that damn specs again" she screached. Her Dragonair had no chance. Fritz then hit Gyarados with an Ice Fang wich Froze it. Clair quickly brought in her powerhouse a Dragonite. Inot wanting to tango with a togekiss unable to take a single attack I switched to Cancer which took the Thunder directed at me. Dragonite was hit by and Ice Fang from Fritz's Feraligatr while Gyarados reamined Frozen. seeing an oppotunity I swiched to my strongest pokemon, Khan. Khan entered the stage while Dragonite threw up a protect saving itself from an Ice Fang. I fired off a Substitute which was a clever move since Gyarados unfroze then and used Thunderwave which my Sub shrugged off. Clairs Dragonite fell to Fritzs Ice Fanging Feraligatr. Clair was down to her last, a Kingdra but I still felt hope. If I could eliminate Kingdra then we could double team Lance. I used an Outrage which hit Gyarados while it attempted to Thunder Wave me. Feraligatr then took down Gyarados with a Crunch but it was still standing. Frustrated I nailed a second Outrage which this time hit Kingdra which went down in a single hit. Gyarados seems to be desperate to paraluse me since it kept thunder Waving me but my Sub gave me protection. With Clair out I felt I had control. Khan finished Gyarados off and we had taken down 4 of their pokemon without having lost any of our own pokemon. Charazard was Lances next choice and it Air Slashed Feraligatr. Feraligatr survived and Aqua Tailed Charazard to death while Iremained safe behind my Substitute. Lance then called out his Dragonite at an incrediable Level 75. It blasted Feraigatr with a Draco Meteor while I smacked Dragonite with an Outrage. Dragonite survived but it was in a checkmate situation. I had a Substitute still up which would protect me while I would KO him next turn. Lance recognised defeate as his Dragonite broke my Sub, allowing Fritz's Crobat to finish the job with an Air Slash.

phew. Its nice that that batle is out of the way. I realy owe my Rival since he pretty much took town Charazard and Clairs Dragonite single handedly.

Cheers everyone

Is it okay to catch a pokemon at the team rocket hideout. Is it even possible or is it like the marowak in red/blue?
yeah you can capture the Electrode's in the hideout.

Update
Part 1
Part 2
Current Team:
Squirty (level 30) Bite / Water Gun / Tail Whip / Protect

Squirty is the self-proclaimed team leader. As a Squirtle, he was shy and un-confident but upon evolving into Wartortle has gained a massive confidence boost. He's a hotshot who acts pretty "cool", and has developed a bit of an ego after soloing Brock and Misty. Squirty is friends with everyone on the team, but has a dislike for Digger, considering him a rival as most powerful on the team. After a few struggles in the Dark Cave, he's beginning to doubt his own abilities again.

Isabelle (level 29) Wing Attack / Quick Attack / Whirlwind / Tackle

Even though Isabelle is relatively same level as most of the team, she acts as a motherly figure and is very nurturing. She watches out for her own, and makes sure no one gets poisoned by random Weedles by gusting them away. As a Pidgey she dreamed of flying all around Kanto, and joined Blue in hopes of seeing all the land. A skilled battler, but she prefers traveling to fighting. Though she is level headed and able to keep calm, if anyone makes fun of her lesbian haircut she freaks the fuck out.

Freida (level 29) Sleep Powder / Stun Spore / Poison Powder / Confusion

Freida is very carefree and aloof. She's pretty friendly and just likes to fly around and smell the flowers. Ever since being a little Caterpie, she's always just gone with the flow... Though once she's in battle, she gets more serious and is a great asset to the team with her variety of status inducing powders. She's also capable of weak psychic powers, which have also proved to be another great asset to the team. A near death experience in the Dark Cave has made her take life a bit more seriously.

Paris
(level 19) Cut / Flash

Much like Jillian, she detests battling. She doesn't care much for fame though, opting for fortunes and riches instead. She's hoping by following Blue to the Elite 4, she'll fall into a huge lump of cash and jewels if Blue is able to win. She has a knack for finding items, which has proved to be pretty useful. Her sharp claws have also been able to swipe down skinny trees, allowing the team to move further. Though, she hates having to use Cut... Afraid of breaking a nail. Her eyes can glow, helping the team get through darkness.

Digger (level 31) Dig / Sand Tomb / Fury Swipes / Mud Slap

The most recent addition to the team, he's a very high level and has a lot of potential in battle but Blue hasn't utilized him yet. He remains relatively silent and doesn't speak to the others, preferring to be alone with his three heads. Not much is know about Digger yet. After sweeping the third gym and many trainers on the way to Lavender Town, he has solidified himself as the powerhouse on the team.

Eric (level 18) Poison Sting / Bite / Leer / ???

Eric's first time meeting the team, he nearly ate Jillian (After that trauma, Jillian decided to retire from the team for awhile). He's a prankster, and loves to play tricks on the others. Nobody has really warmed up to him because of this, though he's just trying to be friendly. Has a big appetite and loves to eat... A lot (Apparently he has a "sweet tooth" for Jigglypuffs, whether this is just a joke or not is unknown...). He is a bit creepy sometimes.

Boxed:
[hide]Nosferatu the Zubat, level 7
Jillian the Jigglypuff
Geo the Geodude
Volcheck the Voltorb [/hide]

Fallen:
[hide]Manny the Mankey, Level 12[/hide]

Part 3

Tried to evenly level up the team on the SS Anne, and see if Jillian could be useful but no... >_> Not at all. Gary was swept with ease, especially now that I have a couple Chesto Berries one of which I gave to Isabelle to hold while battling his Ivysaur so there is no 5-turns of getting beat up again due to sleep powder -_-. Caught an Ekans on the way to Dark Cave and replaced Jillian with him. Might be of some help for now... Named him Eric after the character Eric from True Blood <_<. Also a Voltorb named Volcheck (inspired by the OC, which my sister was watching at the time). Wont get much use I don't think, as I plan on getting Jolteon...

Lt. Surge's gym was annihilated by Digger, to say the least. No Pokemon there could stand up against Mud Slap and Dig.

Trekking through Dark Cave was a PAIN in the ass for everyone. Freida was nearly killed by a random Geodude, being left in the single digits... That would have been a horrible loss :(. By the time the team finally escaped that hell hole everyone was under half HP except Digger who lost only about 1/4 health.

I heal up, fix some nicknames, and head into the tower. Yet another rival battle and it is against pathetically easy like the last. His new Gyarados was walled to death by Squirty (Thanks to Freida's poison). Now I have no idea where to do... I don't remember whether I go up the tower yet, or go find the Silph Scope o_o. Oh well, going towards Celadon to hopefully find a Growlithe and then gonna see if I can get to the Safari Zone. Also going to train up Eric as he's very underleveled and evolves pretty soon.

Rather unexciting update, apart from almost losing 3 team members in Dark Cave... Everyone was boring. Oh well, next time I'll try to write it so it's more dramatic and narrated.

So I started, and didn't really update. too lazy for fanfic but my current stats:

At Eterna Gym before gardenia.
William and Cesc ran through Roark. My team:

Cesc: Level 18 Grotle. Adamant Nature
William: Level 18 Geodude. Serious Nature
Nicklas: Level 19 Luxio. Naive Nature(Couldn't believe it when he was the first pokemon I saw that i could catch)
Manuel: Level 17 Machop. Rash Nature(Also a lucky one)
Lukasz: Level 11 Buneary. Naughty Nature(Awkward nature because of what it evolves to)...
Michel: Level 15 Meditite. Timid Nature(Good Pokemon, Horrible nature)

Memorium:
Theo: Level 4 Starly. Died bravely taking the hit that saved cesc and manuel. He was useless otherwise.
Andrei: Level 17 Buizel. Got critical hit by an absorb from beautifly. I screamed. He was awesome, and William raped the beautifly with rock throw and the rest of the opposing team with consecutive Magnitude 10s....

What's a good nickname for an Eevee, to be a Jolteon? >_>
I named mine "Robby". I don't know why.

But my recommendation for a Jolteon-destined Eevee (and what I should've done) is "Adam". I think that's the real name of YouTube user "ElectricalBeast", a.k.a. "the Jolteon of Let's Play".

Another update!
How many of these things have I done anyway, should probably look into linking or something.

Anyway, I decided to go on over to Mauville the long way, rematching trainers along the way to no problem.
Wanting to put off New Mauville, I went into the Trick House. Good place for experience, that.

Then I mousyed on over to Mauville to get the New Mauville key. I really need an electric type, and Thunderbolt is never not useful.

So surf on down, take a step inside and hope for...a Magnemite! Yay! Caught it, but forgot to nickname it. I kind of forgot where the Name Rater is, actually. So let's just call him MAGs for now.

Not wanting to risk running into a Self Destructing Voltorb, I put a Smoke Ball on Swellow and ran through the place to turn it off. Back track later, I have Thunderbolt and switch our Madda for MAG.

I made a point to get a number of repels before heading east, though. There's an incredibly specific Pokemon I want to get here, but I have to wait until I get to Mossdeep for it.

Beat up the trainers, and head up to 119. Here, I got a female Oddish named Ella. At least I'll have a number of Grass types to use against Wallace.
This route is packed with trainers, it's ridiculous. Several levels gained all over the place.
One problem area was the ranger with Breloom. Thing can easily tear through my team D: but Swellow was lucky.

Oh right, the first time I used my Good Rod here (after the Oddish) pulled up a Carvahna.
FFFFFFFFFaaaaantistic. >:|

Weather Institute was the exact opposite of anything resembling hard. This was all Fuerto. Only notable battle was vs Mightyena. Intimidate followed by...Swagger :T
Yeah he had no chance.

And because the devs felt like packing so much on this route its time for
RIVAL BATTLE MAY HOW MANY IS THIS LIKE THREE?
Psi surfed Numel, two Wing Attacks took down Grovyle, MAG takes out Wailmer. Simple stuff.

I really like Fortree city, it's neat. Sucks how the trade here got nerfed in Emerald but whatevs lets go get the Devon Scope. I really wanted an Absol, but I knew the odds were stacked against me so I settled for the Keckleon. Named it Karma.
SO HEY GUESS WHAT THE VERY FIRST GRASS ENCOUNTER WAS AHA AHA AHA

Before taking on Winona, I spruced up my team a smidge. Level 30 or so all around, taught Mag Thunderbolt. I used my rare candies to evolve Fuji into Camerupt so she can take a hit and get Rock Slide. (She is so awesome).
And then Boktai (who got another level for Cosmic Power), MAG, and Camerupt swept through the gym.

LEADER BATTLE WINONA:
Boktai vs Swellow!
-Bulbapedia lies, this thing has Facade. But Fuji did just fine. Rock Slide: It's pretty great
MAG vs Pelliper lol this doesn't even get a - header seriously
So then she switches out tooo
Boktai vs Altaria
-Glad I have Boktai, Earthquake can't hit now. I Cosmic Power once, then start throwing the rocks.
-Altaria did nothing but Dragon Dance. Like 6 turns straight+a Hyper Potion. It was ridiculous how easy this was. Not that it matters, Ariel Ace wouldn't have done much, and dragon type is Special in gen 3.
Mag vs Skarmoaahahahahahahahahahahaha

Feather Badge Get!

It's utterly bizzare how easy the gym matches have been for me. I almost always have trouble with most of them in some way, but this has been the easiest run yet. It's the random encounters and trainers that are worrisome.

This looks practically fun. Ill be doing the LeafGreen version.

Also i have a doubt, is the use of X items allowed or it isnt?

Andy Snype

Mr. Music
Well, after deliberation, I figured easiest thing to do was to get a ROM and so began Fire Red.

D1: Picked Charmander, nicked it Red Eyes, beat Rival's Squirtle easily. Checked nature: MODEST! Yay!

Walked through rt. 1. Sadly, I saw a rattata, so no pokes from there. :( Got the package, delivered it back to Oak.

Got to Route 2 to scout for a poke. Got a Pidgey. Caught it. Nicked it John. Checked Stats: Jolly Pidgey! :D

Took a long break now. For at least a couple of weeks since due to other summer stuff.

Went West to Rt. 22, caught a lvl 3 Mankey. :D (The reason why i picked FR over LG). Nicked it Frank! Checked stats: Nature: Quirky (D'OH!)

Unfortunately though, I can't get too far without having to grind. Grinded in Rt. 1 with some Rattatas, got Frank to lvl 6 and John to lvl 5. Charmander was the huge powerleveler. Got it to lvl 9!

Currently in the team:
Red Eyes -- Charmander -- Level 9 -- Scratch, Growl, Ember
John -- Pidgey -- Level 5 -- Tackle, Sand-Attack
Frank -- Mankey -- Level 6 -- Scratch, Leer, Low Kick

Areas:
Route 1 -- Rattata -- Dead
Viridian City -- Nothing yet -- Haven't gotten a rod
Route 2 -- Pidgey (John) -- Level 5 (In Party)
Route 22 -- Mankey(Frank) -- Level 6 (In Party)

What I plan to do: I guess I'll powerlevel a bit more until they're level 7 or 8; then breeze through viridian forest. I really want a Pidgey with Gust and a Mankey with Karate Chop by the time I challenge Brock.

Maybe if I'm lucky, I could get another member in Viridian Forest that could help me sweep through Misty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)