[Standard] Redwall Mafia - Redwallers and Altair win!

The only thing I'm not sure about is that Exarius claims the Scouge tried to kill zorbees last night, and I have no clue how he survived. HFB was proteected, and zorbees was BG anyway and thus he could not be protected. Any comments on that, hosts?
I have to add on this one thing. I tried to kill zorbees, and I told my team (Scourge) that they should too. And considering I was pretty much "leading" us, I'd assume it was the case. But then I never received any confirmation PM from any on my team that they had received this. Even worse was that Spiffy had set up a "cast" in the team, which went TA > J^2 > bish > me. Thus, what TA sent in was considered the most important factor, if he sent in different than any others, his choice died. So I am wondering if he never sent in anything, and thus Spiffy/Coronis considered it that we decided on no kills tonight. Then again, this would be against what they said earlier:

[02:53] <~Spiffy> Yeah, you guys can send your teammates' PMs.

Oh, and the DM thing, Uncle: If you hadn't worked us out, we could have kidnapped him, off you, then off him or something.

UncleSam

Leading this village
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Th cruel could only kill every odd night by the way US.
I figured that out based on the fact the Scourge could only kill every even night.

Edit:
@Johann: ...thank you?
@Exarius: My point was precisely that I had already confirmed your entire team, so it didn't matter whether or not you found my twin. The game was still over.

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
Well, just because one cannot use ones time for the potential of his or her role doesn't mean that the person should be just waiting around for it to happen, doing nothing at all.

The time between the mafia one is in now and the one he or she will be in next is AT THE VERY LEAST considerable, so in order to improve at all one needs to come up with things to do on his or her own, whether it be something as simple observing people, reading into mafia history, conversing with the leader or as big as figuring out new ways to use your role, planning etc.

Yes, that is a fair point. I believe I misphrased the post. I didn't just wait around for my power to come, I did plenty of stuff. By "I didn't get to do anything", I meant "I didn't get to use a night power".

Sorry for being away the whole day.

First of all, it would have been nice to have been notified that the game was being called, seeing as I am the host.

Lynch Coronis

I do believe that this was the right thing to do, so I guess I can give Coronis props for that. I was waiting for a mafia that was about to be lynched ask for the opposite mafia to contact him. They might have had more of a chance, but with the death of the only mafia inspector, I knew things were drawing to a close.

Yes, Altair told me who his targets were before the game was called, so he should be a winner too. In case the mods don't read all of this:

ALTAIR WINS AS WELL AS THE REDWALLERS

Thank you guys for playing, even though I'm sure you guys were disappointed.

Postgame will be up sometime in the next two days.

EDIT: @Exarius: Team Aether was killed before he could pull off his kill on zorbees. That's why zorbees didn't die.

Come on guys follow my lead on this. Here's some logs as proof:

Coronis: lynch me
Coronis: please
Improbability: ok man if you say so

Sorry about lack of timestamps but I had them disabled. I think we can win this one!

[thanks spiffy and coronis for hosting]

Da Letter El

Officially internet famous
is a Community Leader Alumnus
Yeah when unclesam added me to his sheet, i could not read it. but the game was basically over by that point, so it's not like it mattered.

but yeah, that was really painful to read...

I just copied a similar format from a previous game when I made my spreadsheet in Overkill 2. If there's a better way to do it, please make a strategic influence thread about it.
This is a very tempting idea... There are like 2-3 who knows how to do a good-looking sheet around here O_O (me, LN, Mekkah comes to mind, and I learned from Mekkah)

oh, and Lynch Coronis

UncleSam

Leading this village
I didn't care how it "looked" since I was the only person meant to read it for the vast majority of the game. It wasn't nearly as ugly as it is now until I started to add people, so I tried to explain on the sheet some of the reasoning behind why some people were mafia.

Redwall Mafia Postgame

Redwall Mafia Postgame

Well here, it is, what you've all been waiting for! This next part is going to sound like I'm receiving an award, but I'd like to thank Coronis for cohosting the game with me, especially for that last update. Ending the game was the right move, but I was reluctant to because I had worked so hard on it. The reason I didn't call the game was because a mafia that was going to be lynched should have asked for the opposing mafia to contact him. Oh well. I'm sure some of you previous hosts have been in this situation before.

I'd also like to apologize for my behavoir towards some most of the game (particularly UncleSam). I was just pissed that the village was sweeping. Also, any of the new players that played this game, not all mafias end this way, and I would strongly encourage you to stick around for some other games. So without further ado, let's get started!

Role PMs

The Redwallers
Come to think of it, I think I may have overpowered the village a bit, especially when they had a redirector. Oh well, too late now.​

Dear Nook,
You are Matthias.

You came to Redwall Abbey as an orphan, and every creature has cared for you since. You have always dreamed of fighting for justice, and will repay the kind Redwallers by helping them in the war.

Once in the game, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Slice USER with Martin’s sword". USER will be killed instantly.

You also know that your son, Mattimeo, is fighting alongside The Redwallers in the war. However, you do not know his identity. It’s in your best interest to find him.

You are allied with The Redwallers. You win if The Redwallers eliminate all unfriendly threats.
Player placement: I needed a somewhat experienced player who wouldn't just use the kill on someone that pissed him off.

Player performance: Hmmmm. He did forget to send in his night action two of the three nights (meaning an idling PM). But I guess he did kill Team Aether before he could kill the village bodyguard, so I guess that was good.

Dear jigglypuffers42,
You are Mattimeo.

Your father, Matthias, has been teaching you the ways of a Redwall warrior. You’re determined to prove to your father that you’re not a baby any more, and you are fighting in this war to show him what you are capable of.

You also know that your father, Matthias, is fighting alongside The Redwallers in the war. However, you do not know his identity. It’s in your best interest to find him.

You don’t have an ability yet, but once Matthias, your father, dies, you will receive special powers.

You are allied with The Redwallers. You win if The Redwallers eliminate all unfriendly threats.
Player placement: I put him here because I thought Nook would take him under his wing or something and guide him through the game. That was before I knew Nook very well. O_o

Player performance: Didn't really do anything wrong, despite being newer. He did tell me something about suspecting Crux of being mafia, (?_?) but other then that, did fine for his first game. Oh, and would have become one time vig plus inherit Matthias' kill (if he hadn't used it) if Nook died.

Dear zorbees,
You are Bella of Brockhall.

You are a large badger that is respected by everyone in Redwall Abbey. Though you strive for peace, you feel that it is necessary to fight against those that are battling Redwall, and will do anything to protect your friends that are residing in the Abbey.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Step up for USER". You will step in front of the USER, making sure that he doesn’t die that night.

Player placement: I wanted the bodyguard to be an experienced player, but not be a target of a namekill or namespect by the mafia. zorbees fit both of these requirements

Player performance: He didn't do anything special, or block a kill, but he was active in the chatroom and had access to UncleSam's spreadsheet.

Dear RaRe555,
You are Mask.

You are a very mysterious otter. You disguise yourself as different creatures to spy on your enemies. The Redwallers have asked you to use your ability for their cause, and you happily obliged.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Disguise myself as USER". You will copy USER’s ability to use for the next night. On the night after you’ve copied an ability, you have the option to not use the ability you’ve copied, but you may not copy a different ability.

Player placement: I don't really know why I put him here, but it fit. O_o

Player performance: Didn't do anything wrong really. He did prevent a persuade/silence godkill on Kharozz when he copied the martyr, which wasn't good, but it didn't matter in the long run.

Dear Flamestrike/Fagren/Fangren,
You are Dinny.

You are a young mole, and a very good digger and thinker. You have chosen to aid The Redwallers, the kind creatures that have given you shelter and care, in the war that is ahead.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Dig a hole near USER". You will hide in a hole near the USER you targeted, and you won’t leave until you have taken their Role PM with you.

Player placement: Flamestrike seemed capable of taking on the inspector, so I gave it to him. But then he had to go on a stupid camping trip.

Player performance: Hit a mafia on the last day, but it didn't really matter. O_o

Dear hailflameblast,
You are Gonff the Mousethief.

You are known for your talents as a musician and a writer of rhymes. You are also the best mousethief of your time. You have chosen to devote your skill to The Redwallers.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Raid USER’s room". You will use your cunning and cleverness to sneak into USER’s room and attempt to steal his things. USER will be so busy chasing you out, they will not be able to perform a night action that night. You will fail in stealing anything, however, as there are no items to be stolen.

Unfortunetly, the USER that you robbed will be prepared the next night, so you can’t target the same USER two nights in a row.

Player placement: He said he wanted to be village hooker, so I gave it to him.

Player performance: What was funny is that he hit non villagers all three times. So he did pretty well. :)

Dear vonFiedler/askaninjask,
You are Abbot Mortimer.

You were a well respected and honored Abbot at Redwall Abbey. You just don’t want anyone to get hurt, but you will take drastic measures if your creatures in Redwall are endangered.

You have no night action, but because everyone respects your opinion, and know that you are very wise and bright, your vote in the lynch will count as two.

Player placement: I put vonFiedler here because he said he was visiting some friends for a few days and wouldn't have to do much. He subbed out anyway, so it didn't matter.

Player performance: askaninjask tried to get claims from the village, and he got some while UncleSam was kidnapped. And for some reason UncleSam suspected him as a mole for whatever reason. ?_?

Dear ABT620,
You are Sister Sage.

You are Redwall Abbey’s infirmary nurse. You have devoted your life to learning about herbs and ointments, and pledge to heal all of the wounded Redwallers that take part in the war.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - House USER in infirmary". That night, you will keep USER in your infirmary, under your care. This will protect them from everything except kills, as it’s very simple to break into the infirmary if killing is the priority.

However, there are many who need your care and medicine, so you can’t house the same USER two nights in a row.

Player placement: Not really any reason I put him here. :/

Player performance: He really didn't, and couldn't, do much. His only target was Team Aether, who was mafia. O_o

Dear UncleSam,
You are Ferdy Stickle.

You, along with your twin brother, Coggs, are part of a mischievous duo of young hedgehogs. You snuck out of your bedroom, against orders, to help your fellow Redwallers in the war.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Tickle USER". You will sneak up on USER in the middle of the night and tickle them. They will laugh so hard that they will tell you his night action flavor. (For example, yours is “Night X - Tickle USER.”)

You also know the identity of your twin brother Coggs. Coggs is DM. If one of you dies, the other will receive special powers.

Player placement: I thought of giving UncleSam a try at a good leading role after his last six games of being mafia, and it looks like it worked. O_o

Player performance: Where do I begin. First of all, he basically united the village Night 0, claiming his twin's role for some reason, and began figuring out mafia members the instant he was released from his kidnap. He kept telling me his suspects for mafia (who were all correct, bar askaninjask) and it's HIS fault that this game ended early. But really, he played VERY VERY well. Would have become one time vig if DM were to die.

Dear DM,
You are Coggs Stickle.

You, along with your twin brother, Ferdy, are part of a mischievous duo of young hedgehogs. You snuck out of your bedroom, against orders, to help your fellow Redwallers in the war.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Can you tell me how many night actions are in?" When one of the hosts receives your message, they will PM you as soon as possible with the amount of night actions are in at that moment.

You also know the identity of your twin brother Ferdy. Ferdy is UncleSam. If one of you dies, the other will receive special powers.

Player placement: No particular reason I put him here.

Player performance: Didn't do much. Not that he could have, because UncleSam was sending in his Night action every night. -.- And would have become a one time vig if UncleSam were to die.

Dear coolking49,
You are Brother Simeon.

You’re a blind mouse that also happens to be a herbalist and a healer. Despite others fighting against your presence in the war because of your blindness, your other senses will be of great use to The Redwallers.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Appear in front of USER". USER will see you, a completely defenseless, blind mouse, and decide to use his night action on you other then their intended target.

Player placement: Like many others, I have no real reason in putting him here.

Player performance: Didn't do anything that impacted the game too much. Martyred j-squared the last night, but j-squared died so it didn't matter.

Dear Bunnymaster,
You are Basil Stag Hare

You are Redwall’s adored hare that has a knack for battling as well. You always have something to say that lightens the mood during a time of sadness, and you will use that skill to help The Redwallers in the upcoming war.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Not Jolly USER! Target USER2, wot!" If someone targets USER, they will listen to your well spoken words and target USER2 instead. You can not target the same person two nights in a row that is USER, however, as they will become annoyed by your constant blabbering.

You also have a posting restriction. Since you have an interesting accent and choice of words, you must use the word “jolly” at least once in every post you make. If you don’t, you will be godkilled.

You also heard from faraway lands that someone is after your blood. Keep this in mind, and be careful who you trust.

Player placement: BunnyMaster = Basil Stag Hare. Easy.

Player performance: Died pretty early to do anything great, but did help clean people, according to UncleSam, so that's a plus.

Dear Crux,
You are Sir Harry the Muse.

You are a very poetic owl that only speaks in rhymes and poems. You were flying over Redwall Abbey and saw that The Redwallers were in some sort of dilemma. You told your friends that you would help them, and will stick with your word.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Recite a Poem". After that, you must write a poem. This poem can be about anything you wish it to be about, but it must rhyme. It will be publicly announced the next day.

Player placement: No particular reason. I was glad I did it though!

Player performance: I liked the cantaloupe rhyme. :)

Dear DaLetterEl,
You are Veil Sixclaw

You are the son of a ferret trained as a murderer and assassin. Despite your previous dispute with The Redwallers, you are aiding them in the war since they brought you up and cared for you when your treacherous father abandoned you.

You do not have a night action. However, since you have betrayed Redwall once before, if inspected, you will come up as:

Dear USER,
You are Veil Sixclaw

You have come to Redwall to seek revenge. They kicked you out of their shelter, and they will pay dearly for their actions.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Assassinate USER". You will sneak into USER's room and kill him.

You are allied with yourself. You win if you are the last man standing.
Player placement: The point of a miller was to mole into the mafia, but it wasn't needed. Da Letter El had enough experience to pull this off, but I'm not sure if he realized that that was what it was for.

Player performance: I really have no idea if he did anything or nothing at all. Maybe if he could fill me in. :)

The Cruel

Dear Kharozz,
You are Slagar the Cruel.

You are the most feared fox in the woods. Together, you and your horde are fighting The Redwallers and The Scourges for Redwall Abbey.

Every night you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Petrify USER". You will appear in USER’s bedroom and give him a petrifying glare. He will be so frozen on the spot that you will make a getaway, and he won’t be able to do anything that night.

You have heard from far away lands that someone in this war is specifically after your blood. Bear this in mind, and be careful who you trust.

Details about your team are included in a separate PM.

You are allied with The Cruel. You win if The Cruel eliminate all unfriendly threats.
Player placement: I didn't want an idiot leading the Cruel, especially when someone was in the game to specifically kill him. So I chose Kharozz. :)

Player performance: And he didn't really live up to my expectations. I don't really remember, but he made a mistake in giving away HD or something... I forget.

Dear HD,
You are Vitch.

You are a cowardly rat that follows Slagar around and does his bidding out of fear. You are such a small rat, that everyone makes fun of your size and calls you a mouse. You are determined to prove them wrong in this war.

You do not have any night action, but since you’re such a small rat, and you look a lot like a mouse, if you’re inspected you will turn up as:

Dear HD,
You are John Churchmouse.

You are one of Redwall’s most senior mice. You have been a recorder for a long time, but you also have a skill in battle. You are fighting with The Redwallers to rid the area of anyone trying to harm you and your friends.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Whisper in USER’s ear". You will give a posting restriction of your choice to USER.

You do not really have a night action.
This will only work once. If you happen to be inspected again, everyone will see right through your trick.

You are allied with The Cruel. You win if The Cruel eliminate all unfriendly threats.
Player placement: I don't remember reading any games that HD was in where he was mafia, so I gave it a try.

Player performance: Didn't really do anything wrong, but he was found out by UncleSam early on due to acting suspiciously.

Dear Improbability,
You are Halftail.

You are a heartless stoat that follows Slagar around for the gold and riches. You enjoy destroying families and harming young children. You are again following Slagar into a war for Redwall Abbey.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Threaten USER into voting for USER2". You will threaten to slit USER”s throat, and he will be so scared that he will vote for whoever you tell them to in the next days lynch.

Player placement: I wanted to balance the mafias out skill level wise, so I put a relatively new player on the team to see how it would work.

Player performance: Did pretty well for his first mafia game. He may have only followed orders, but it seemed to me that UncleSam didn't know his alliance until the end.

Dear Xyphang,
You are Drynose.

You are a stupid weasel who is loyal to Slagar. You are very tough and burly, and you will use these traits to aid The Cruel in the upcoming war.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Guard USER". If anyone tries to kill USER, they will be too intimidated by your muscular build that they will be too afraid to do anything and flee.

Player placement: Like zorbees, I didn't want the mafia bodyguard to be namespected.

Player performance: Didn't do anything wrong to make him suspicious. Claimed persuader, which was a pretty bold, but effective, move.

The Scourges

Dear Team Aether,
You are Cluny the Scourge.

You are the most fearsome searat in the sea. You and your horde have come to Redwall Abbey in hopes of taking it over, and you will stop at nothing to get your wish.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Hold USER hostage". You will hold USER hostage for a whole day/night cycle, and they won’t be released until the following day.

You have also heard from a faraway land that someone is fighting in this war to seek revenge against you. Keep this in mind, and be careful who you trust.

You are allied with The Scourges. You win if The Scourges eliminate all unfriendly threats.
Player placement: Same as Kharozz; didn't want the mafia leader to give himself away.

Player performance: Wasn't really around long enough to do anything to impact the game. He was inactive Night 0 too. -.-

Dear bish/Johann,
You are Redtooth.

You are Cluny’s third in command. Unfortunely, his second in command fell in a hole on the way to the Abbey, so you are taking his place. You gladly accept Cluny’s orders for help, and want to wreak as much havoc as possible.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Throw USER in a hole". You will throw you’re target into a hole, protecting them from everything but kills, as enemies could easily fill the hole up again.

You are allied with The Scourges. You win if The Scourges eliminate all unfriendly threats.
Player placement: Same with Improbability.

Player performance: bish claimed Redtooth, which was a very stupid move even for a newer player, and Johann wasn't around long enough to do anything.

Dear j-squared,
You are Shadow.

You are Cluny the Scourge’s main assassin. You claim that you take orders from no one, but Cluny’s promise of riches and fortune have convinced you to fight the war with The Scourges.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Climb through USER’s window". You will climb through their window and have a look at their Role PM before departing back to camp.

Player placement: I felt j-squared deserved to have a pretty good role. Also, I wanted to avoid having a mafia inspector namespect every night.

Player performance: Chose to inspect zorbees Night 0, but changed it to ABT620 at the last moment. Bad luck. :/

Dear Exarius,
You are Cheesethief.

You are Cluny’s second in command, as his old second command fell in a hole on the way to the Abbey. Using your skill of annoying the hell out of everyone, you are a welcome addition to Cluny’s army.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Babble uncontrollably to USER". USER’s throat will be so sore the next day, that they won’t be able to post anything in the thread.

Player placement: I wanted a more experienced user to help guide The Scourges, and Exarius fit perfectly.

Player performance: Did exactly what I put him there for. One night he had to send everyone's night actions. O_o

The Neutrals

Dear Altair,
You are Sela the Fox.

You are a seer famous throughout all of Mossflower. A few years ago, your son, who happens to be Slagar the Cruel, abandoned you in a hole while he saved his own butt. He left you to rot. Cluny the Scourge also kidnapped you when you were younger, and Basil Stag Hare is just plain annoying. You have to kill all three of them. You’re just that badass.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Read USER’s palms". When you read USER’s palms, you will figure out his role name.

You can also PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Poison USER". You will pretend to share a beverage with USER, and slip some poison into the drink. USER will die and be found the next morning.

Once in the game, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Go into hiding". You will escape for the night, causing all kills that target you to fail.

You can use all of your abilities on the same night, if you wish.

You also know that Methuselah is not in the game. Use this knowledge however you see fit.

You are allied with yourself. You win if you kill Slagar the Cruel, Basil Stag Hare, and Cluny the Scourge. If any of these targets are killed by someone other than you, or lynched, you will receive a new win condition.
Since one of your targets has died at someone else's hands, your new win condition is:

You are allied with yourself. you win if you kill Basil Stag Hare, Slagar the Cruel, and Sir Harry the Muse.
Player placement: I knew that only an experienced player could pull this off, but I didn't have anyone left so I had to put Altair there. :P

Player performance: Deceived UncleSam for a little bit, which caused UncleSam to spill BunnyMaster's rolename, and Altiar killed him. But the only real reason he won was because UncleSam told him who his targets were. What a great guy. O_o

Dear assassinfred/theangryscientist,
You are Asmodeus Poisonteeth.

You are a vicious and poisonous snake that lives in a quarry not far from Redwall Abbey. You live only to kill and, sensing many creatures nearby, head over to Redwall Abbey in disguise.

Every night, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with Night X - "Slither into USER’s pocket". You will stick your head into USER’s pocket and emerge with his role PM in your mouth.

Also, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Bite USER". USER will die as soon as your poison teeth touch them.

Once in the game, you can PM Spiffy and Coronis with "Night X - Slither between fingers", You will be immune from the next day's lynch.

You can use all of your night actions on the same night, if you wish.

You also know that Hon Rosie is not in the game. Use this information however you see fit.

You are allied with yourself. You win if you are the last one standing.
Player placement: assassinfred seemed experienced enough to pull off a wolf.

Player performence: assassinfred wasn't in long enough to do anything, and theangryscientist didn't really have a chance at that point.

Rewards

Best Redwaller: UncleSam. Honorable mention goes to askaninjask and hailflameblast.
Best Cruel: This is too tough to pick, but I'll have to go with HD.
Best Scourge: Exarius
Best Overall Player: Unclesam. Bet you guys didn't see that one coming.

Thank you all for playing, and although it was mildly disappointing, I believe we all learned a valuable lesson:

When in doubt, lynch Coronis.

BYE GUYS!

I wanted the bodyguard to be an experienced player, but not be a target of a randkill or randspect by the mafia.
lol. We had a randspect going for him N0 due to what he said in the thread about pro players, but had to change so we could slip into village easier (read: inspect who US wanted)

Oh, and edit rest of the postgame into that post when you get it up, ktnxbai.

Player placement: Flamestrike seemed capable of taking on the inspector, so I gave it to him. But then he had to go on a stupid camping trip.
Yeah, when I remembered the mafia I panicked and went searching through the thread and whatnot praying I could fix things, then I realized I was subbed out, so I didn't have to worry about it. Then it hit me:
"I HAD INSPECT FUUUUUU"

UncleSam

Leading this village
Yeah, when I remembered the mafia I panicked and went searching through the thread and whatnot praying I could fix things, then I realized I was subbed out, so I didn't have to worry about it. Then it hit me:
"I HAD INSPECT FUUUUUU"
Why would you curse the hosts for subbing you out when you went on a camping trip for a week? It's your fault you got subbed out, not theirs. I mean, the Redwallers probably would have won anyway, but losing our inspect for the first few nights could have been a big turnaround.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)