New and 'creative' moveset/EV spread thread Mk. 5

Hi,Actually Me And My Friend UnhandledException Made a New Set For Gallade Which Is a Anti-Lead For OU Metagame

Gallade

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs:248 HP/252 Atk/8 Spd
Adamant nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake / Leaf Blade
- Ice Punch / Leaf Blade

How It Fares Against Other Leads:
Azelf: Shadow Sneak is a 2HKO.

Aerodactyl: Ice Punch, KO with Shadow Sneak.

Infernape: You Will Flinch But Stead Fast Activates.Earthquake, KO with Shadow Sneak.

Swampert: This You Must Switch

Metagross: Earthquake!

Jirachi: EarthQuake!

Machamp: Zen Headbutt OHKOs, never misses coz of No Guard.

Roserade: !@#$% Sleep Powder sux. Anyway, switch to someone to take the sleep, switch back, Ice Punch and SS for the kill.

Ninjask: Tricky. This is where the lack of Taunt really hurts. Ice Punch is what I usually choose. If it doesn't Sub, its gone, if it does, I just go on Shadow Sneaking. But no one really uses it anyway.

Heatran: Earthquake OHKO's.If Shuca,2HKO

Tyranitar: Earthquake 2HKO's Lack Of Close Combat :S

Gliscor: Ice Punch Then SS

Dragonite: Ice Punch OHKO

Hippowdon: Switch To Somebody To Kill It

Starmie: SS Is a 2HKO

==================

Ev's And Nature:

Adamant To Maximize Attack To Ensure OHKO's Against Other Leads

252 Attack: Maximize Attack

8 Spe: I Dont Really Know Why Its Here...You Can Put It WhereElse :S

248 Hit Points: To Survive Hits Better And LO Recoil

==================

Its Pretty Good Beating Other Leads,It Can Be A Mid / Late Game Sweeper.Starmie Also Fails To OHKO Due To His High SpD.The Only Disadvantage Is That His Low Defenses Which Makes Him Frail Against Physical Attackers.It Fails Against Swampert..You might Want to use Leaf Blade To Kill Swampert Though

The Best Partner Is Heatran,It Resist Ghost/Flying While He Can Counter Roserade Using The Restalk Set.Heatran Also Can Stealth Rock Then Again Makes Him A Good Partner :)

Credits:

UnhandledException For Making The Moveset While I Do The Ev Spread

Smogon Of Course :)

@Coldcut.
You do have a very valid point, and yes, in hindsight most of the calcs are pretty pointless, would you like me to run of some more valid ones? However, Gyarados doesn't learn roost ;_; and outrage provides very good neutral coverage late game.
Most of the time you can expect to get more than 1 boost, but rapid spin support is a huge benefit.

@[DR] Infernape.

That's a pretty solid set, it seems to do well against most leads. Though defensive Zapdos and Gliscor wall it if it doesn't have ice punch. Scarfgon could also switch in for the revenge kill and deal heavy damage. Perhaps you could put some anti-status moves (Wow, hypnosis, toxic, take your pick) In order to shut down Hippowdon and incoming counters?

Hi,Actually Me And My Friend UnhandledException Made a New Set For Gallade Which Is a Anti-Lead For OU Metagame

Gallade

Item: Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 96 HP/252 Atk/164 Spd
Adamant nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake / Leaf Blade
- Ice Punch / Leaf Blade
I have used a gallade set similar to this, and there are some options you can put.

1) Why Earthquake? Close Combat is much more needed on something like Gallade. Besides, Earthquake has 200 BP when super effective, and Close Combat has 180 when neutral. Plus CC covers more than Earthquake does.

2) Item change. Lum berry is extremely useful when combating sleep leads like Roserade, Crobat or even Yanmega. Focus Sash on the other hand can let you survive otherwise fatal physical attacks that Gallade doesn't enjoy due to paper thin physical defense, and let you maximize speed and attack (without life orb of course)

Just throwing that out there.

I think the reason he uses EQ is because CC causes the defence drop, which allows some leads (eg Jirachi and Metagross) to destroy Gallade.

you lose to both regardless. iron head from jirachi 2hko you and scarf make sure not even +1 gallade outspeed, metagross always beat you with meteor mash+bullet punch. CC> EQ and psychic cut>zen headbutt, plain and short.

Came up with a different set today, and it will blow your mind.

Attacking Lead
Glalie @ Focus Sash
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Crunch/Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Most people see glalie as an inferior Froslass, only useful as a spiker. However, I have found way to use Inner Focus, Explosion, Priority Ice attacks, and OK movepool as an attacking lead, both in OU and UU.

This actually works! However, you might say "Well, how does glalie differ from other leads in OU? What does Glalie accomplish what Metagross, Azelf, Aerodactyl, Jirachi, Swampert and others don't?". Azelf does not have a priority move, inner focus, an Ice attack, or explosion. Swampert and Machamp do not have inner focus, or explosion. Aerodactyl does not have inner focus, a priority move, or explosion. Infernape doesn't have explosion, Roserade doesn't have explosion or a priority move. Metagross is the only thing that comes closest to Glalie, but glalie has inner focus, and can be used in UU matches.

Believe it or not, most people would think it will use spikes, and almost every time, they will taunt you, allowing you to get a free turn to KO them. This is how glalie stands against the most common leads:

OU:
Azelf: Crunch + Ice Shard
Swampert: Explode.
Machamp: Lose.
Jirachi: Lose, unless you are lucky to pull off 2 Earthquakes.
Aerodactyl: Ice Fang + Ice Shard
Infernape: Glalie can take fake out with inner focus, and Earthquake + Ice Shard
Roserade: Lose, unless Sleep Powder misses and then you can Ice Fang/Earthquake + Ice Shard
Heatran: Earthquake 2HKO's it, unless it isn't running Shucka Berry, then it's a 1HKO
Tyranitar: Earthquake 2HKO's, but sandstorm WILL wear you down and break your sash.
Gliscor: Ice Fang
Empoleon: Earthquake + Ice Shard
Ninjask: Ice Shard or Ice Fang, depending on the situation
Smeargle: Lose
Dragonite: Ice Fang
Crobat: Ice Fang 2HKO, be careful of hypnosis
Yanmega: Ice Fang + Ice Shard, be careful of hypnosis

UU:
Ambipom/Persian: Fake out should be no problem due to inner focus, and Ice Fang can put a dent to it. Or you can just go ahead and explode.
Uxie: Don't bother Exploding, it will not KO defensive variants. Crunch can put a dent to it.
Electrode: Earthquake + Ice Shard
Moltres: Explode
Steelix: Lose. Earthquake doesn't do much, and it gets the chance to set up.
Alakazam: Crunch + Ice Shard
Claydol: Ice Fang puts a dent to it, however, it can set up reflect and still be of use afterwards.

This is the set I've been using for my Gyara, and it's been working well. I use it as a lead but it can fit in other positions.

GYARADOS
SET NAME: BULKY DD+3 Attacks.
Nature: Careful
Move 1:Dragon dance
Move 2:Outrage For what? Waterfall hits Flygon hard enough, and Dragonite is taken care of by Stone Edge. Taunt or Roar could work depending on how you are using him
Move 3:Waterfall
Move 4:Stone-Edge/Earthquake(not tested EQ yet)
Item: Leftovers/Lum Berry
Evs 252 Hp/68 atk/180 def/8 spe

EVS.
8 speed Evs hits 200 speed , enough to outspeed neutral base 100's ??????? Neutral base 100s with no EVs have 236 Spe, not 200. Do you honestly think a difference of base 19 spe would be covered with 8 Spe EVs? Not to mention most run around at least 36 Spe EVs, namely Zapdos or Celebi, however others go much higher with their Spe Investment. The Ev's make Gyarados incredibly bulky, as these calcs show, while able to deal a fair amount of damage. This physical bulk, he doesn't need it in excess, his EVs should be spread into HP/Def/SpD, of course focusing on HP and SpD, because his typing and intimidate make him a natural physical wall, he needs to be able to take STAB LO Fire Blasts and Shadow Balls to work really well

-1 atk (252 Atk Adamant) Machamp's Stone-edge= 40.1% - 47.7% Stealth Rock + 2 Stone Edges = high chance to 2HKO, and you can't switch in too safely either, because Dynamic Punch will worsen your chances. And you can't do much back either.
(252 spec atk neutral natured) Azelf's psychic= 33% - 39.1% With SR up, he can hit you twice easily, leaving you with low HP and no stat ups, because after a Dragon Dance you are still slower
-1 atk (0 atk neutral natured) Azelf's explosion= 72.6% - 85.5% Stealth Rock + switch in = dead
-1 atk (252 atk neutral natured) Aerodactyl's rock-slide= 35.5% - 42.6% High chance to 2HKO with rocks up, he has focus sash.
(0 spec atk neutral natured) Swampert's ice beam= 13.7% - 16.2% He can just Roar you back out, and you can't do anything noticeable back..
-1 atk (252 atk neutral natured) Ttar's stone-edge= 55.3% - 66% Yeah so what? He 2HKOs you easily, and you only deal (59.82% - 70.97% back with Waterfall to a 0/0 Neutral variant. So even if you switch into him you lose. Not to mention if he does miss with Stone Edge, you would be left with less than 20% HP, with no recovery.
(252 atk neutral natured) Ttar's stone-edge= 83.8% - 99% These calcs are getting worse and worse, with SR up, your dead 100%....
(9% chance of a OHKO with sand stream)
-1 atk (252 atk neutral natured) Ttar's crunch = 22.3% - 26.6%Ok. Switch in SR + Crunch on the switch, your at around 50% HP. He uses Crunch, you use Waterfall, he uses Crunch again and you die. You still lose...

And on the offensive;
+1 Gyarados's waterfall vs (4 hp 0 def) Ttar= 89.5% - 105.8% You don't even get a chance to set up because he 2HKOs you.
+1 Gyarados's Stone-Edge vs (248 hp 228 def Bold) Zapdos= 59% - 69.5% And Zapdos OHKOs you...
+1 Gyarados's Outrage vs (0 hp 0 def neutral nature) Flygon= 132.2% - 156.1% ??This is where you set up, and a +2 Waterfall should be OHKOing Flygon.
+1 Gyarados's Waterfall vs (240 hp 0 def neutral nature) Machamp=52.2% - 61.7% Whoopee, Stone Edge rapes you :)

MOVESET:
The lack of taunt is fustrating, but the moves listed are there for a reason. Outrage and Earthquake have unresisted coverage, but I suppose Return could be used in tandem with Waterfall for superb coverage also. The confusion and inability to switch from outrage are almost asking opponents to switch in Agili-Gross or Skarmory to set up or "spike-up". However it is the only physical dragon move Gyarados learns.Outrage and Earthquake may have unresisted coverage, but lets see who these hurt? Celebi, Zapdos, Swampert, Rotom-A all can take these hits extremely easily. Personally there are two movesets on such Gyarados that I use, either:
DragonDance/StoneEdge/Waterfall/Taunt
DragonDance/Bounce/Waterfall/Earthquake

ITEM:
Leftovers for extra durability, Lum Berry for warding off random status or the self induced confusion from outrage.

(This is also my first time posting a custom moveset, however, I've been in competitive battling for a long time :L)

Any questions/suggestions?
Came up with a different set today, and it will blow your mind.

Attacking Lead
Glalie @ Focus Sash
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Ice Shard
- Crunch/Ice Fang
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Most people see glalie as an inferior Froslass, only useful as a spiker. However, I have found way to use Inner Focus, Explosion, Priority Ice attacks, and OK movepool as an attacking lead, both in OU and UU.

This actually works! However, you might say "Well, how does glalie differ from other leads in OU? What does Glalie accomplish what Metagross, Azelf, Aerodactyl, Jirachi, Swampert and others don't?". Azelf does not have a priority move, inner focus, an Ice attack, or explosion. Swampert and Machamp do not have inner focus, or explosion. Aerodactyl does not have inner focus, a priority move, or explosion. Infernape doesn't have explosion, Roserade doesn't have explosion or a priority move. Metagross is the only thing that comes closest to Glalie, but glalie has inner focus, and can be used in UU matches.
These comparisons are just stupid. Azelf is there to get rocks down, same with the other leads such as Swampert. Differentiating leads which have different purposes is silly, its like saying well Blissey can wall Gengar where Starmie can't!
Believe it or not, most people would think it will use spikes, and almost every time, they will taunt you, allowing you to get a free turn to KO them. This is how glalie stands against the most common leads:

OU:
Azelf: Crunch + Ice Shard And now you are deadweight for the rest of the match, not to mention Azelf can freely switch out. Also you need to be consistent with your threat list, because you don't have both Ice Fang AND Crunch...
Swampert: Explode. You have a 0% chance to OHKO, and Swampert gets rocks up.
Machamp: Lose.
Jirachi: Lose, unless you are lucky to pull off 2 Earthquakes.
Aerodactyl: Ice Fang + Ice Shard Aero switches out...
Infernape: Glalie can take fake out with inner focus, and Earthquake + Ice Shard Smart players don't FO Glalie, and they still get rocks up...
Roserade: Lose, unless Sleep Powder misses and then you can Ice Fang/Earthquake + Ice Shard
Heatran: Earthquake 2HKO's it, unless it isn't running Shucka Berry, then it's a 1HKO Heatran sets up rocks, and gets you down to 1% HP with Fire Blast, making you easily revenge killed and deadweight for the rest of the battle.
Tyranitar: Earthquake 2HKO's, but sandstorm WILL wear you down and break your sash.
Gliscor: Ice Fang They switch out.
Empoleon: Earthquake + Ice Shard
Ninjask: Ice Shard or Ice Fang, depending on the situation
Smeargle: Lose
Dragonite: Ice FangWhy would Dragonite stay in?
Crobat: Ice Fang 2HKO, be careful of hypnosis
Yanmega: Ice Fang + Ice Shard, be careful of hypnosis

UU:
Ambipom/Persian: Fake out should be no problem due to inner focus, and Ice Fang can put a dent to it. Or you can just go ahead and explode.
Uxie: Don't bother Exploding, it will not KO defensive variants. Crunch can put a dent to it.
Electrode: Earthquake + Ice Shard
Moltres: Explode
Steelix: Lose. Earthquake doesn't do much, and it gets the chance to set up.
Alakazam: Crunch + Ice Shard
Claydol: Ice Fang puts a dent to it, however, it can set up reflect and still be of use afterwards.

Close Combat Is Only Good Against Heatran And Ttar....EQ Is For Metagross Which Depends On Your Team Weakness..

@ Lucalibur Earthquake Is For Metagross As Turn One They Only SR No MM or BP..Turn Two I Beat Them Or They BP me..As For Psycho Cut,It Doesnt OHKO's Machamp While Zen Headbutt Does.

Close Combat Reduces Your Defences Though :S

383 Atk vs 196 Def & 384 HP (70 Base Power): 380 - 450 (98.96% - 117.19%)

on average it ohko most of the time. just felt like pointing that out, and as far i know standard machamp dont run def evs.

with CC or EQ it doesnt matter, if gross decide to atack first then he win, if not then he still set rocks in field, doing his job. in the end you either lose gallade or he set rocks and then switch something to kill gallade. the thing is that gallade would rather have a reliable and powerful STAB move then non-stab EQ that hit the exactly same targets.

Actually, this has some potential above other counter users. The crucial thing is that Hariyama often somewhat enjoys status moves thanks to guts, meaning that people rarely toxic it. It also has resistances a number of common special attacks, notably Fire and Ice type attacks, and has great spdef when invested (you should do this more IMO.) On top of this, it has huge HP and lowish defense to do lots of damage.

To improve the set I think you should actually consider running Whirlwind to prevent stuff from setting up on you. This makes it even harder to kill Hariyama without risking that powerful counter. I would probably drop one of the punches for this. Payback is the necessary second attack. It may even be good to have some kind of recovery, such as Rest + Cleric support or a Wish user waiting in the wings.

So it's a gimmick, but one that just might work.

Thanks for the input! After looking at this for a little bit I have come to what I think is an improvment.

Moves:
Force Palm
Counter
Whirlwind
Payback
Nature:Impish
EVs: 252hp 108Def 148sp.def

What do you think?

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks for the input! After looking at this for a little bit I have come to what I think is an improvment.

Moves:
Force Palm
Counter
Whirlwind
Payback
Nature:Impish
EVs: 252hp 108Def 148sp.def

What do you think?
You should try it out on the ladder. It is obvious that this would require excellent prediction to work, which will become more difficult after initial surprise value. Choosing the ability that you use is difficult. Guts could certainly make you into an offensive threat if you get statused. This means that you can actually switch it into a status user.

I would also advise the running of some calcs to work out the required defense investment. You don't want to be OHKOed by any common unboosted physical moves, but you also want to be able to KO when you counter, as you likely will only get one chance.

You should also try a similar set for Snorlax, since he has many similar attributes but better stats, particularly special defense. The only issue is the primarily physical fighting weakness.

You should try it out on the ladder. It is obvious that this would require excellent prediction to work, which will become more difficult after initial surprise value. Choosing the ability that you use is difficult. Guts could certainly make you into an offensive threat if you get statused. This means that you can actually switch it into a status user.

I would also advise the running of some calcs to work out the required defense investment. You don't want to be OHKOed by any common unboosted physical moves, but you also want to be able to KO when you counter, as you likely will only get one chance.

You should also try a similar set for Snorlax, since he has many similar attributes but better stats, particularly special defense. The only issue is the primarily physical fighting weakness.
Thanks, after doing some damage calculations I found many common OU physical attackers would not be able to score a OHKO such as swords dance scizor or DDgyarados even a D-punch from a machamp will fail to OHKO as long as it is not banded. Though I found that a scarfted heracross close combat will do a lot of damage so I think a partner such as gengar would be a good choice.

muffinhead

b202 wifi vgc
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Mixed Dragonite is a force, but this set has the potential to be even scarier.

Fearless Dragonite
Item: White Herb
Nature: Rash
Ability: Inner Focus
Draco Meteor
Superpower
Flamethrower
Thunderbolt/ Earthquake
EVs: 58 Attack/ 252 Special Attack/ 200 Speed

Strategy: This particular set focuses on the use of Draco Meteor or Superpower with White Herb. Dragonite forces switches like no other pokemon, so the idea is to use Draco Meteor on the switch (Superpower if you know the opponent has a steel that they will switch in). Stab Draco Meteor hits everything extremely hard, but this set goes for a two turn attack. Whereas a normal Dragonite would use Draco Meteor and gain the power of Life Orb, if a steel switched in on it, the Dragonite is setup fodder due to the 2 stage drop in Special Attack. White Herb helps out by losing the Life Orb boost, but in return, needing almost no prediction and no stat drop or recoil. The EVs outspeed Crocune, defensive Zapdos, and bulky Gyarados.

Enough talk, here are the calculations against some common defensive counters:

Draco Meteor v. Skarmory (Spiker): 41.9% - 49.4%
Draco Meteor v. Suicune (Crocune): 46% - 54.2%
Draco Meteor v. Zapdos (Physically Defensive): 59.8% - 70.5%
Draco Meteor v. Swampert (MixPert Lead): 56.7% - 66.8%
Draco Meteor v. Gyarados (Bulky Dragon Dance): 56.8% - 66.8%

These calculations do not look like much, I know. But when you factor in that Dragonite outspeeds all of these threats and can guarantee the 2HKO with either Flamethrower, Thunderbolt, or a second Draco Meteor with no recoil from Life Orb and no stat drop, this Dragonite hits harder and survives longer than the standard MixNite. In Suicune's case, Thunderbolt does not quite 2HKO, but Surf does negligible damage.

Damage Calculations against common offensive threats switching in:

Draco Meteor v. Scizor (Choice Band): 36.7% - 43.1%
Draco Meteor v. Starmie (Life Orb): 91.2% - 108% (OHKO with Stealth Rock)
Draco Meteor v. Flygon (Choice Scarf): 100%

Scizor is the only thing that will put a dent in this Dragonite, as Bullet Punch does 52.3% - 61.6%. Keep in mind that while you can stay in to kill Scizor with Flamethrower, if Stealth Rock is on your side of the field then you will be at less than a quarter of your health.

Team Options: Stealth Rock is very important, as it allows you to finish off Zapdos without using Draco Meteor again and nets the KO on incoming Starmie. A Rapid Spinner is always useful when evey time Dragonite switches in, he loses 25% of his total health. If you do not want to weaken Dragonite in the fight against Scizor, you could use a trapper such as Magnezone. Magnezone can also help out against particularly bulky Bronzong.

Please keep in mind that this Dragonite is not merely for a one-time use, even without Life Orb he hits quite hard. Changes are welcome :D

Epic LGS Snorlax

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252hp, 252 def, 6 SpDef
- Stockpile
- Belly Drum
- Body Slam
- Rest

Strategy
The main idea of Epic LGS Snorlax is setting up 3x Stockpile, which is possible with his bulkiness. Stockpiles makes Snorlax very difficult to to take down or even make damage and gives you great opportunity to use Belly Drum. After using Belly Drum you have to heal yourself and gettin rid off status problems with Rest. No problem, Snorlax will survive those 2 turns. When he wokes up you can begin to sweep with STAB Body Slam and the game is finished. EV's are for giving max bulky for setting up Stockpiles and Belly Drum. Also more offensive EV spread is good.

Team Options
Like everyone see, Ghost-types totally walls this guy. So Pursuit trapper, like ScarfTar or Scizor are very good team mates. Also Something which can take care off Fighting-type SD set uppers is important team mate for Snorlax. Steel Killer Magnezone can easily cover problems with Scizor and Gliscor can easily counter Lucario.

I know this would be a bit frail in Metagame, but enjoy for it epicness.

Since you are more or less trying to sweep with Snorlax you could use Return as his mono-attacking move.
Your EV's are also a bit "easy" (On Snorlax it's better to run a + SpD nature).

Epic LGS Snorlax

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
252hp, 252 def, 6 SpDef
- Stockpile
- Belly Drum
- Body Slam
- Rest

Strategy
The main idea of Epic LGS Snorlax is setting up 3x Stockpile, which is possible with his bulkiness. Stockpiles makes Snorlax very difficult to to take down or even make damage and gives you great opportunity to use Belly Drum. After using Belly Drum you have to heal yourself and gettin rid off status problems with Rest. No problem, Snorlax will survive those 2 turns. When he wokes up you can begin to sweep with STAB Body Slam and the game is finished. EV's are for giving max bulky for setting up Stockpiles and Belly Drum. Also more offensive EV spread is good.
My only real complaint, other than the Ghost issue (Which you have stated), is that this particular set will take a LONG time to set up properly. Even with the +6 attack, certain defensive threats of Steel and Rock in the metagame could potentially shut you down. Also, you'd have to beware of Trick users early on.

I don't see this particular set being able to set up every game, more of a high-risk high-reward set. It's a creative set, and could be effective, but the amount of time it would take would just be a bit long for him to set up fully (Three turns of Stockpile, one of Drum, and then you have to Rest for two more turns.)

Also, anything faster like SubRoost Zapdos can utterly wall this set as well, stalling it out of Body Slam. Be aware that you would be hitting like a truck and taking damage like it was nothing, but Snorlax is still slow.

Another issue I'd like to bring up about that Snorlax set, aside from Trick users, ghost types, and physically bulky steels like Skarmory is the prevalence of late game Close Combat, namely from Lucario, Infernape, and Heracross.

+0 Adamant SD Lucario to +1 Snorlax: 59.5% - 70.2%
+0 Jolly SD Infernape to +1 Snorlax: 52.7% - 62.2%
+0 Adamant ScarfCross to +1 Snorlax: 50.4% - 59.5%

All three of those pokemon could be considered late game cleaners. If you have the bad luck to be facing one of these, you will not be able to Belly Drum. Even worse, if you do Belly Drum, you've effectively sealed your fate, as you will be KO'd if they catch you resting, and they can attack you before you rest.

And in return, you can only manage this, as you'll probably be unboosted if you find yourself against a CC'er:
+0 Snorlax Return against Scarfcross: 50.2% - 59.1%
+0 Snorlax Return against SDape: 54.3% - 63.8%
+0 Snorlax Return against Lucario: 28.5% - 33.5%

And let's say you get a Belly Drum and Rest in:
+6 Return against Spiker Skarmory: 42.2% - 50%
+6 Return against Spiker Forretress: 39.8% - 47.2%
This means that you can be phazed out rather reliably.

So in short, for this Snorlax to be effective, it would have to be pretty late game indeed to work successfully. On top of that, you'd need your opponent pinned to the extent that they don't have any CC'ers, Physical Walls, or Ghosts. The latter two categories make up generally half of a stall team, and many offensive teams pack Close Combat in some form. If you seriously had your opponent at that point, I think you'd be able to clean up with just about anything, but it would be more efficient to use a traditional late game sweeper that is more versatile.

I don't know if this one has been posted here, but anyway:

Metagross @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Relaxed - 252 Atk/252 Def/ 4 HP
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/0
Hammer Arm
Gyro Ball
Rest
Sleep Talk

Hammer Arm lowers your speed, so Gyro ball deals more damage. Rest and Sleep Talk keep you alive. EV and nature are just my try, I'm not so good at it.
Hammer Arm vs. 252HP/252 Def Blissey : 57.1%-67.2%
More to come

Your thoughts?

I wouldn't run Lum on a ResTalker, so definitely Leftovers. 252 HP EVs, then the rest in either att or def. Looks decently effective. Maybe Meteor Mash over Gyro Ball.

I don't know if this one has been posted here, but anyway:

Metagross @ Leftovers/Lum Berry
Relaxed - 252 Atk/252 Def/ 4 HP
IV: 31/31/31/31/31/0
Hammer Arm
Gyro Ball
Rest
Sleep Talk

Hammer Arm lowers your speed, so Gyro ball deals more damage. Rest and Sleep Talk keep you alive. EV and nature are just my try, I'm not so good at it.
Hammer Arm vs. 252HP/252 Def Blissey : 57.1%-67.2%
More to come

Your thoughts?
Good concept, but you have a critical weakness to Gyrados and Zapdos. I would reccomend running a Chesto-Resto version dropping Sleep Talk for Thunderpunch or a similar coverage move. A physically defensive Zapdos can simply Heat Wave you away and a bulkier Gyrados can use you as setup fodder.

Dancing Lead

Gallade @
(Focus Sash)
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Earthquake/Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut/Ice Punch/Night Slash

Gallade has a great attack and great movepool. This Lead takes the Stealth Rock turn , which most Leads Use, to use Swords Dance. If this Gallade finds a Fake Out Lead, such as Infernape, his ability enters into action boosting the speed. Lead Azelfs will be brought to the focus sash, thanks to Night Slash, and then die thanks to Shadow Sneak. Metagross also do not Have the chance, thanks to the Earthquake. So this is an excellent Lead, with no counters. It can also serve as a revenge killer in the Late Game.

Your Opinion?

Someone could tell me how's my gallade?
It won't do jack to Swampert, who could roar you out or attack after Close Combat or Psycho Cut. Lead Azelf might taunt you during SD. Most Infernape won't Fake Out a Gallade and just go for the rocks.

If you carry Shadow Sneak, Metagross wins. If you carry Earthquake, Azelf wins. It also can't do much to Ninjask/Smeargle/Roserade.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Dancing Lead

Gallade @
(Focus Sash)
Trait: Steadfast
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Speed
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Earthquake/Shadow Sneak
- Swords Dance
- Psycho Cut/Ice Punch/Night Slash

Gallade has a great attack and great movepool. This Lead takes the Stealth Rock turn , which most Leads Use, to use Swords Dance. If this Gallade finds a Fake Out Lead, such as Infernape, his ability enters into action boosting the speed. Lead Azelfs will be brought to the focus sash, thanks to Night Slash, and then die thanks to Shadow Sneak. Metagross also do not Have the chance, thanks to the Earthquake. So this is an excellent Lead, with no counters. It can also serve as a revenge killer in the Late Game.

Your Opinion?
A lot of leads Taunt first, rendering Swords Dance useless. That gives it plenty of counters.

Here you have what is called the 4-Move syndrome. You can't run all of CC/EQ/ShadowSneak/SD/PsychoCut/IcePunch/NightSlash, only 4 of those moves. This inevitably leads to you being defeated by whatever you didn't choose to specifically counter.

It won't do jack to Swampert, who could roar you out or attack after Close Combat or Psycho Cut. Lead Azelf might taunt you during SD. Most Infernape won't Fake Out a Gallade and just go for the rocks.

If you carry Shadow Sneak, Metagross wins. If you carry Earthquake, Azelf wins. It also can't do much to Ninjask/Smeargle/Roserade.
if i'm carrying Shadow SNeak, CC Koes after one SD, if im Carryng Earthquake, Night Slash KOes. Ninjask might be a pain, but not if i have Shadow Sneak, I can Break each Sub, and then when i think he will Baton Pass i Shadow SNeak. Roserades migh be a problem , but i can get a litle of hax and Sleep Power misses, allowing me to make it go to the sash, and then Shadow Sneak it. the same with Smeargle.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)