Metalheads United ;D

As far as deathcore goes, I really find the vocal style appealing, eh whatever. I found alot of bands I like by venturing into genres like Metalcore and Deathcore even though they get hated on alot but to each his own I guess. Thank you both for all the band though. So could people give me suggestions on DCish/Death Metal bands?

I'll give you suggestions on really great death metal in hopes you give up on deathcore.

Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
Bolt Thrower - Realm of Chaos
Death - Scream Bloody Gore
Deicide - Deicide
Dismember - Like An Ever Flowing Stream
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness (Play this album 1,000 times, if you don't like this album you do not like death metal.)
Necrophobic - The Nocturnal Silence
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
Possessed - Seven Churches
Sepultura - Morbid Visions (Their debut/this album is death metal)

for deathcore (ugh..), try:

After the Burial - Rareform
All Shall Perish - The Price of Existence
Burning Skies - Desolation
The Red Cord - Fused Together in Revolving Doors
Veil of Maya - The Common Man's Collapse
Despised Icon - The Ills of Modern Man

for deathcore (ugh..), try:
no dont

I'll give you suggestions on really great death metal in hopes you give up on deathcore.

Deicide - Deicide
Morbid Angel - Altars of Madness (Play this album 1,000 times, if you don't like this album you do not like death metal.)
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
yes do

Okay, you don't have to respect the drummer, but respect other people's tastes in music. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean they "suck" or whatever. I'm really sick of reading posts in this thread that just bash another user for liking a band they don't like. Who cares? Get off your high horses and just enjoy music!

Anyways, to stay on topic I've been downloading some Testament lately, which I've not been overly impressed with. I've also been getting into some celtic metal like Cruachan. It doesn't take itself too seriously and they got some variety what with the different instruments so it's a nice break from traditional metal.
No, we do not have to respect other people's music tastes. When someone comes into a metal topic going "hey gaiz, new Avenged Sevenfold album, hurpa durpa," then not only do they not understand metal, but they probably lack taste in general. Taste shows how seriously people listen to music, how well they interpret it, and how coherent and useful their opinions are.

Then the "come on RESPECT the band, they had a member die" post was just completely illogical and blatantly fucking stupid, so there was that.

Metal Gods post was a useful dismissal, although he could have maybe left off the "really?" bit, since that smacked a bit of condescension.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion

Deicide - Deicide
Obituary - Slowly We Rot
mostly a good list, missing the following though:

massacra - final holocaust
at the gates - the red in the sky is ours
the chasm - deathcult for eternity

guys, i don't know if you've seen this or not, but it involves Mike Portnoy and son.
and epic dad and a son who will become more epic

Mike, i hope one day, me and my son will preform like this.
Cool father-son moment, still don't care for A7X's music though. Kid's got talent. Just by this video, Mike's a better father than Violent J. xD I don't mean to bad mouth Violent J as a dad, but

Violent JJ - Bad Bad Man

Note not a fan of ICP.

Anyway who's everyone's top four thrash metal bands?

01. Megadeth
02. Dark Angel
03. Coroner
04. Overkill

That's my list at the moment.

Thrash metal is awful if your hearing it from a computer and sucking on someones cock. But if your out there. In that fucking moshpit. Headbanging the fuck out of it. Its absolute brilliance...

Thrash metal is awful if your hearing it from a computer and sucking on someones cock. But if your out there. In that fucking moshpit. Headbanging the fuck out of it. Its absolute brilliance...
Okay please stop

look all im sayin is that there isn't a single time where putting on rust in peace is a bad idea

TORNADO
Anyone who is a fan of metal, and hates any of Megadeth's first four albums, is trying way too hard to be "different". "Tornado of Souls" is just plain bad ass.

thrash metal is fucking awful.
All I can do is lol at this comment...

@Metal Gods: pretty good list but I can't imagine a top four without Slayer.
Here's mine:

1 Slayer
2 Megadeth
3 Kreator
4 Testament

And Rust In Peace is the best thrash album ever written.

gene

(* ̄(エ) ̄*)
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
massacra and early slayer are obvious mentions

destruction - infernal overkill is good too

Sorry for the offensive statement, Sounded funny in my head. Anyways lamb of god (Which I think is thrash)Is probably my favorite thrash matal band. Followed closely by pantera though thats more groove then anything I like the mix. Gives it this uniqueness to it.

Okay please stop

Anyone who is a fan of metal, and hates any of Megadeth's first four albums, is trying way too hard to be "different". "Tornado of Souls" is just plain bad ass.
Not hate, but I do not really care about anything before Rust in Peace. The production quality on the Peace Sells album was really bad, unless I just got a particularly bad version of it to listen to...

On the other hand, Rust in Peace is very genuinely one of my few 5/5 albums.

I love you Deschain <3
Yeah, you love Between the Buried and Me. You don't take anything serious.

All I can do is lol at this comment...

@Metal Gods: pretty good list but I can't imagine a top four without Slayer.
Here's mine:

1 Slayer
2 Megadeth
3 Kreator
4 Testament

And Rust In Peace is the best thrash album ever written.
I like Slayer's first two studio albums and the Haunting the Chapel EP. While Reign in Blood is an important album, I don't find replay value in it. A lot of the songs sounded the same. Kerry King's solos all sound the same and is pretty bad. He is a good rhythm player though. Only Slayer solo that ever wowed me was Jeff's solo on "Seasons in the Abyss". I've kinda always hated Testament, sorry dude.

Being petty in musical taste "wars" is stupid. I do not like Scicky as a user or anything, but Between the Buried and Me is a band that has a lot of really good moments buried by a lot of overall worse songs. I particularly enjoy Sun of Nothing by them, but even that just lacks a certain cohesiveness that keeps it as a "barely listen to" rather than "listen to obsessively" level song.

When someone sings praises for bands like Disturbed/Slipknot/Korn/et cetera nonstop, then you can obviously pretty well dismiss them, but someone liking Between the Buried and Me is only damning if you are so up your ass with elitism that you are completely intolerant/belligerent.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)