Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - July 2010

haunter

Banned deucer.
LO Starmie was a great offensive Pokemon even before Latias' and Salamece's ban. With hydro pump+ice beam it could outspeed and eliminate specs Latias and ice beam was enough for Salamence.

Code:
JULY 2010 UBER USAGE
Battles: [B][U]15217[/U][/B]
+------+------------+--------+---------+
| Rank | Name       | Usage  | Percent |
|    1 | Kyogre     |  [B][U]15979[/U][/B] |   52.50 |
Kyogre's is more common than uber battles. \o/

Also interesting to note that Milotic gets more UU use than Scizor does in OU.

Looks like Scizor's not the king of OU any more...

Will Machamp leads ever stop rising? I can see it being #1 by the time Gen 5 rolls around. Watch out Azelf!

Ambipom returns to top as UU lead, Moltres continues to fall, Swellow looks like it's been shot down lol. Absol is dropping too.
Swellow:

June: 18 | Swellow | 13525 | 9.64 |
July : 28 | Swellow | 8197 | 6.87 |

Absol:
June: 30 | Absol | 8982 | 6.40 |
July : 46 | Absol | 5350 | 4.48 |

Shaymin is pretty much OU now, its getting more usage than Heracross and Smeargle.
Wish more people would use Torterra in UU, its a frigging beast.
Awright its time to go out and keep Hera in OU!
Thanks Doug!

Ey stop using heracross in ou guys, it would be better in UU where it has a chance to perform.

thanks for the stats doug and fuck machamp leads seriously :/

its kinda nice to see scizor out of the #1 spot for a change.

@ Above, Hearcross wouldn't get the chance to perform in UU, it's be banned to the no-mans land of BL before it demolishes the entire teir.

Anyway, here's my observations:

At the Top:
Heatran as #1 surprised me, actually, especially Scarftran useage dripping. Salamance wasn't countered by Scarftran, unless it had Dragon Pulse, and Starmie destroys it without a scarf.

Scizor is obviously going to fall, it revenge killed Salamance.

Gyarados I'm shocked he hasn't risen more. He's the sole user of Intimidate in OU, after all. That said, maybe it's Starmie's fault.

Tyranitar is on the rise. I myself have been using DDtar to great effect in this new metagame, everyone expects Scarftar, so switches their Rotom out, and I DD... and, you get the picture.

Rotom-A has no reason to go anywhere.

Starmie riseing is logical. Without Salamance to blow holes in teams and clean up, LO Starmie becomes one of the best cleaners in the game. Blissey takes about 20% from Hydro Pump, just to show how it dents everything. Starmie also counters most of the sweepers, Infernape, Gyarados, Scizor...

In the Danger-Zone [Around 48, as there are currently 48 OU's]

Shaymin
seems like she'll be rising to OU

Heracross is above 48th, so I think he's actually safe.

Porygon-Z may see a return to OU

Uxie, at 50, might just see enough to go to OU.

In general, the danger zone is filled with BL's, so it dosen't really matter. Seems like Umbreon has decided to stay this time though. I have no clue why... what does it actually accomplish?

Rection on Regirock and Slowking possibly dropping.

Project NU is currently doing it's own suspect tests, so it's highly likly that the broken Fire types and Espeon will be leaving the teir to go into the unofficial BL2. This means Slowking, who was borderline broken before, will probobly be broken now. Regirock, especially in the sand, fails to be OHKO'ed even by Choice Band Hitmonchan's CC, and I forsee it being banned under defense, I mean, both of these pokemon are capable of walling at least 70% of the metagame [And about 95% of the teir]

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
@ Mario With Lasers - Just wait till next month, when the tier settles down more, Heatran usage will go way up.

Code:
JULY 2010 UBER USAGE
Battles: [B][U]15217[/U][/B]
| Rank | Name       | Usage  | Percent |
|    1 | Kyogre     |  [B][U]15979[/U][/B] |   52.50 |
Kyogre's is more common than uber battles. \o/.
This made me lol pretty hard.

Colbur Berry Azelf makes me happy, 10.3% of people get to say fuck you, Machamp. Although I still think the spread on-site sucks, 252 HP / 40 Atk / 216 Spe Jolly, is the way to go. Flygon being below Dragonite makes me sad, Dragonite look like a retarded Barney, seriously. Rotom, Starmie, Gengar, and Heatran usage being so high means Tyranitar is probably going up next month to take care of these guys. Finally, I'm surprised to see Shaymin so low, they're everywhere.

Thanks for the stats, DJD.

Why is Swampy still popular as a goddamn lead when so many things walk over it =_=

And I'll remember the days when Scizor was king ;_;

iss

let's play bw lc!
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
wow at scizor getting dethroned. I did not see that coming.

anyways, thanks for the stats doug!

Is there any way to only give us the post-Salamence stats? Thanks for the stats as always, really awesome work!

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
I'm gonna be going back to LO Medicham next NU format I think. In my opinion it's better than Magmortar, especially in a Regirock/Slowking metagame.

Is there any way to isolate the battles that took place post-Mence and produce stats from those?

I know everyone's already said this, but oh my god... Scizor got #2...
Heatran sure is a top contender.
Maybe bulky waters will see even more of a rise.
Expect to see a lot more Suicunes!

And why is LO Starmie so good without Salamence?

Ice-eyes

Simper Fi
Alakazam walks all over the top 5 UU leads and most offensive teams... I am tempted to try it again, but I hate non-lead Rocks in UU.

Expect Scizor to drop more in Aug.

LO Starmie is good now because it takes on Heatran and Infernape while breaking apart the typical Azelf/FWG/Flygon/Gengar teams.

The anti-metagame is the metagame. I'm predicting that heatran will fall off 1, but scizor will not reclaim the top spot.

Venuasaur is finally rightfully dethroned as the top of UU. Milotics are better tham venusaurs anyways...

And I don't see why more people don't use Heracross in OU. STAB band guts megahorn is amazingly powerful...

Jesus, about time Scizor fell! Strange that Flygon was 7th in Suspect, and is now only at 15th.
Yeah, Magikarps versatility has improved so much with that amazing new 252/252 splash set!

The anti-metagame is the metagame. I'm predicting that heatran will fall off 1, but scizor will not reclaim the top spot.

Venuasaur is finally rightfully dethroned as the top of UU. Milotics are better tham venusaurs anyways...

And I don't see why more people don't use Heracross in OU. STAB band guts megahorn is amazingly powerful...
I agree with the first part of this - you can get a good snapshot of the tier while lurking in battles. It can change on a weekly basis. However, Heracross has a lot of problems, particularly attempting to pull off a banded, guts Megahorn: you have to predict a WoW, have it connect, and then land Megahorn on something not named Gyarados, Heatran, or Rotom. In a best case scenario, that's .75 X .85 = .6375, or about 64% chance of pulling it off with flawless prediction.

Thanks for the stats!

Rotom-A needs to be higher. Fuck Heracross, it resists pretty much everything Heracross has bar Pursuit/Night Slash. And If Gyara gets high Scarftom will be right on its heels :)

Thanks for the Stats.

Scizor is down, as I predicted. Long live the king.

You gotta watch out for those Magikarp in Ubers. (Of course, I don't play Ubers.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)