Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Isn't that a bit much?

I mean I usually set it to 20/20 for delays and 0/0 for seconds.

It was working out just fine, yesterday. But when I installed it again, it seems like it just forgets everything from yesterday.

Well, sure, it's a bit much, but if you can always tell what delay you hit then you might as well do it, right?
I don't know why it would be working any differently now, unless you forgot to change your DS date or something.

Nah. I changed everything accordingly. But yeah, I will try that and see if it works.

I won't set it that far. Maybe 50 delays and 0 seconds.

Question. If I did something last night and saved, would it mess me up? I caught some Pokemon and then went back and saved, in front of Latias.

Whatever floats your boat. I mean, I'm pretty good at abusing the RNG in my opinion, since I can usually hit my target delay within 3 tries. But I still leave the wide parameters on, just in case. Every now and then RNG Reporter gives me something weird, like off by 30 delays and 6 seconds, when I know I wasn't off by that much. In your case, such a result would yield "no Elm responses found" or whatever it says.

Question. If I did something last night and saved, would it mess me up? I caught some Pokemon and then went back and saved, in front of Latias.

No, that wouldn't mess anything up. The only thing that could mess it up is saving after you catch Latias, but that's pretty obvious.

If you have roamers out, then that's the only thing I can think of that would mess you up since you've already reverted the time and everything back?

Pikatimer is perhaps the easiest you can possibly get, lol. Just try to hit it at the same time everytime you do it so that when you adjust, your adjust is a result of the same times...if you're good, you can probably do it in like 5or less tries, haha.

PikaTimer is the best way to gradually adjust to get closer and closer to your target delay. If you get a delay higher or lower than your target delay, you can plug it into Pikatimer, which will automatically adjust for you.
How far off your delay were you?

Anybody know if there is a way to force a starting to switch from odd to even?

I have been trying to save, and re-save to make it change, but no luck yet. The frame switches for me, but it keeps staying odd, and I need it to be even.

If you're on HGSS, you can scroll down the continue screen until you see wifi settings on the page down and then scroll back up to continue.

If you're on HGSS, you can scroll down the continue screen until you see wifi settings on the page down and then scroll back up to continue.
Nope, unfortunately I'm on Platinum.

*side note* I had someone try to find a seed that had an odd target frame, but my spread combined with my parents only appears on an even target frame.

Anybody know if there is a way to force a starting to switch from odd to even?

I have been trying to save, and re-save to make it change, but no luck yet. The frame switches for me, but it keeps staying odd, and I need it to be even.
I've found that going out and catching a pokemon, then returning helps some times (more often than just re-saving). Besides that, you may need to search for higher odd frame ones.
I think he's talking about frames in DPPt breeding, not delay. But that does help (I usually just throw in a GBA game myself).

I've found that going out and catching a pokemon, then returning helps some times (more often than just re-saving). Besides that, you may need to search for higher odd frame ones.

I think he's talking about frames in DPPt breeding, not delay. But that does help (I usually just throw in a GBA game myself).
I have a slot 2 w/ 3rd gen games, but I thought they only changed my delay from odd to even?

Hi. I have a quick question regarding legend abuse in dppt. when i find a spread under method J and it lists "frame" and "actual", which do i use when calculating how many journal flips? for example it says:

frame actual
775 786

which do i use?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 13)