Wi-Fi Blacklist: as of January 30th, 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to report user PEDSandQTACS
http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=56832

After my offensive trick zong took out three of his 5 remaining pokemon and his forth was hit by my explosion (which was going to kill it) he dc'd before his second to last pokemon was going to die. When questioned about it he said he lagged out. However there was no lag during the match and in a previous conversation with someone, he stated that he sits next to his router so he was good signal. I do the same. When I suggested he go back on and then just run but he did not respond.

I'd like to report user PEDSandQTACS
http://www.smogon.com/forums/member.php?u=56832

After my offensive trick zong took out three of his 5 remaining pokemon and his forth was hit by my explosion (which was going to kill it) he dc'd before his second to last pokemon was going to die. When questioned about it he said he lagged out. However there was no lag during the match and in a previous conversation with someone, he stated that he sits next to his router so he was good signal. I do the same. When I suggested he go back on and then just run but he did not respond.

This guy also DC'd on me, my Metagross was sweeping and once my thunderpunch took out his Gyrados he DC'd

So now DCing is okay only if the win (a meaningless number tbh) goes to someone?? No, it doesn't work like that.
That is exactly how it works. DC'ing on Shoddy is forfeiting, it is the equivelant of running. You can not really "DC" on Shoddy as you are saying. You can't punish someone for forfeiting and running, it is losing and the loss already is counted.

That is exactly how it works. DC'ing on Shoddy is forfeiting, it is the equivelant of running. You can not really "DC" on Shoddy as you are saying. You can't punish someone for forfeiting and running, it is losing and the loss already is counted.
Which is bull. What's the point of battling if you'll just forfeit/DC? Why do DCers get blacklisted for wasting time but forfeiters don't? I can enter #1 on the ladder with a team of the worst NUs if I get forfeited against enough.

Agonist

how can I feel existential dread, it's my fear
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
...no you couldn't, because if you have a team of shitty nu's, no one will forfeit against you

Which is bull. What's the point of battling if you'll just forfeit/DC? Why do DCers get blacklisted for wasting time but forfeiters don't? I can enter #1 on the ladder with a team of the worst NUs if I get forfeited against enough.
DC'ing is only blacklistable because the win does not count. Also you can not with that kind of team because no one will forfeit against that team. People only run when it is obvious how it will already end, just to save time and the win counts. When you DC on Wifi although it is already obvious how it will end the win/loss does not count and that is what is blacklistable.

Says you. I've used the worst possible OU team with hardly any strategy being used and had 10 forfeiters in a row against me.
So let me put it to you like this, I have my Umbreon out and am Cursing and using Wish to heal, you have 4 walls left, nothing can hurt Umbreon. Are you going to wait another 30 minutes for an obvious defeat?? Running is accepting a loss, because when you HAVE lost, there really is no point in continuing the battle. DCing is practically stealing the win from the opponent by not giving them the victory...I really don't know what your little crappy anecdote is ranting about, but playing serebii wifi scrubs never helped anyone. Learnt that after my first battle there with a Giga Impact + Rock Smash lead Snorlax and Hydro Cannon Blastoise.

All of you stop, pokemon is just a game. And it really doesn't matter if the opponent uses 4 wall pokemon and rans away from the battle.

Just because someone flees from the battle doesn't mean that nobody has won or lose the battle and it doesn't mean the same as dc. When a player flees the battle, that means they're giving up. And if they flee from the battle to soon and didn't send a vm to tell you their reason, then they probably have a reason why they have flee and that they didn't send a vm or pm to tell you why. Like being late for school and their jobs.

And it also doesn't matter if the player loses or not. Pokemon is supposed to be fun and not to be used as competitive tools and proof that you're better.

So stop acting like idiots and drop it.

Wild Eep

pet pet pet
is a Forum Moderatoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Everyone cool it.

Running is a Smogon-wifi-acceptable way of conceding the game when one knows it is lost.

End of story.

So the Roserade we were discussing - mingot deleted the posts for it - is indeed hacked. It says "Pokemon Day Care" instead of "Day-Care Couple." Common PokeSav mistake. If you'd like to run it through a hack check, as unreliable as they are anyways, that can be done, too.

thank you....ninja kitty...and mingot you deleted too fast :P anyway its alrite ill post it again....i was cheated off a guy who claims and seems to be Italian username:Scambier
he gave me what seems to be a pokesav'd roserade you can see the evidence in page 2 of his trade thread in this link http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77053 and ask ninja kitty for the hack check..thank god i got it hack checked...:) i sent him a pm( i have a habit of sending pms) and i wanna black list him either way but first i want to hear what he has to say for him self FIRST and then i wanna black list..if he dosent answer....then black list to :)

thank you....ninja kitty...and mingot you deleted too fast :P anyway its alrite ill post it again....i was cheated off a guy who claims and seems to be Italian username:Scambier
he gave me what seems to be a pokesav'd roserade you can see the evidence in page 2 of his trade thread in this link http://www.smogon.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77053 and ask ninja kitty for the hack check..thank god i got it hack checked...:) i sent him a pm( i have a habit of sending pms) and i wanna black list him either way but first i want to hear what he has to say for him self FIRST and then i wanna black list..if he dosent answer....then black list to :)
yes i believe most of his pkm are hacks,if you read in his thread you will see he answered me that he breed a tyran shiny and flawless without using RNG and i find that is hard to believe :<

yes i believe most of his pkm are hacks,if you read in his thread you will see he answered me that he breed a tyran shiny and flawless without using RNG and i find that is hard to believe :<
Yeah. Looking at the first page of his thread...

CHEAT USED:
999x Items.
Fast Hatch.
Sometimes RNG.
ALL 31IVs Parents.
-----> These are probably hacked. -_-

Pokemon Day Care is a legitimate hatch location in DPPt...so that in itself only proves it's hacked if it was hatched in HGSS. Also, he's a pretty new user and may not know that using hacked parents counts the babies as hacked here...it doesn't mention that explicitly in the wifi rules, and people often don't realise that that is how it is considered here on Smogon.

Not saying his Pokemon aren't hacked - just that at this stage there isn't any proof (unless the Roserade was hatched in HGSS) that anything except his parents are, which he does mention on the list of cheats he uses.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Pokemon Day Care is a legitimate hatch location in DPPt...so that in itself only proves it's hacked if it was hatched in HGSS. Also, he's a pretty new user and may not know that using hacked parents counts the babies as hacked here...it doesn't mention that explicitly in the wifi rules, and people often don't realise that that is how it is considered here on Smogon.

Not saying his Pokemon aren't hacked - just that at this stage there isn't any proof (unless the Roserade was hatched in HGSS) that anything except his parents are, which he does mention on the list of cheats he uses.
Trust me Mouss, it's hacked. It's not the hatch location, it's a second location that you only really view using Pokesav. It has to always, ALWAYS be one of two things, and if it says otherwise, it is hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)