Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

How do I RNG abuse in front of Lance? I know I'm supposed to tune in to Variety Channel and track with the Radio Seed program, but Variety Channel doesn't come up... at all.

No Buena's Password, no Serial Drama, no Search Party. Absolutely nothing when I click the rightbottom channel. All other channels like Pokémon Talk, Music and That town, These Pokémon work as they're supposed to.

Can anyone explain this for me?
First, I'm writing this from my own RNG experience where Radioseed did not work for me (it reported wrong delays and seconds, whereas the roamers gave me correct delays, though I could not confirm seconds). So I did not use Radioseed (the program), but I did use the radio to advance.

I used the bottom right radio station because it advances one frame at a time. It's important to use only this one if you can't use Radioseed, because it's easier to keep track of which frame you are on.

Pokemon Search Party only plays at certain hours of the day. That's the program I used for my RNG because it was convenient for my seed. You may have to RNG a few minutes before the hour the program starts, hit your delay, then put the DS down while on the map feature of PokeGear and just watch the clock at the top until you reach the hour that the radio program runs.

Make sure your radio is saved at the centre before you start. That way your frame does not advance until after you hit the button to go to the station. Do not drag the tuning off after you hit the button for the last frame count, because this does seem to advance the frame. Leave the station playing and go straight to Lance on your last frame count.

I advise you drag to the middle right on the edge of the circle, not the middle bottom or the centre of the circle. The middle right is fairly stable, whereas the bottom edge or the centre, if you make a mistake and don't get dead on, will show radio crackle and your frame count will be off.

To find the hours the variety channel plays a program, go to the first page of this help thread and see the guide specifically written to RNG in front of Lance. It should be near the bottom of the second post, but it's in the hide/show code.

If you try Radioseed, make sure you look at your remaining roamers to see if they agree with Radioseed's results. If they don't agree, assume Radioseed is wrong. You will just have to hope you are on the right seconds.

Which encounter slots produce the Pokémon mentioned by the Mansion owner in the Pokémon Mansion Garden?
http://www.smogon.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1821938&postcount=6

Ok, my friend told me that using the Radio by tapping the bottom left then right of the radio finder will advance my frame by 1. My question is...Do I have to do both taps to move one frame? Or is it moving one frame when I tap left and then another when I tap right?

Seriously, I have asked twice...Someone please help me out here.
I just don't understand how to advance the frame using the radio.

Ok, my friend told me that using the Radio by tapping the bottom left then right of the radio finder will advance my frame by 1. My question is...Do I have to do both taps to move one frame? Or is it moving one frame when I tap left and then another when I tap right?

Seriously, I have asked twice...Someone please help me out here.
I just don't understand how to advance the frame using the radio.
I'm not exactly certain where the frame starts to advance, on switching to the station or switching away, but it's one frame advance for the bottom right station if the right program is playing, not two. Also, you can check this yourself, really, by trying it and then going back to Elm calls to see where you ended up on your frames.

God this is frustrating...

I've turned on international parents and managed to hit a seed/frame/delay correctly only to find out Ability 0 is NOT Serene Grace (I thought Smogon would list the abilities in the correct order... how wrong it was!)

So I chosen a new seed B20E02E3 and managed to hit that BUT wtf. Instead of Modest Female Serene Grace.... I get Naughty Male Hustle! I don't know what might've thrown me off this time -_-. I did not get any incoming calls until after I collected the egg too.
Anyone got any idea why this is happening to me?

I wish there was a way to display IRNG frames so I know which egg belongs to which frame of a seed to see if I accidentally got knocked up a frame or what -_-

Anyone got any idea why this is happening to me?

I wish there was a way to display IRNG frames so I know which egg belongs to which frame of a seed to see if I accidentally got knocked up a frame or what -_-
Do you have the gender set to 87.5% male?

Ok, so you want a non shiny. It works a little differently than just generating a seed and hitting a delay while using a wrong SID. Within my guide for egg natures on HGSS, you'll find how KuyaJBoy solved this problem. You do need to put your SID in there. You're just going to hit the wrong delay on purpose.

I'm trying to RNG an Enigma Stone Latios in HeartGold. This is the first time I've RNGed something in a city, so I'm a bit confused on which wandering NPCs advance the frame. I counted two outside, but I'm not sure if ones in buildings affect the frame.

Also, I don't know how frame advancement for wandering NPCs works in HG/SS. Is it like DPPt where it's random and unreliable, or is it more predictable? If it is random, is it possible to stop advances by quickly opening the menu when the game starts, and then quickly closing and talking to Latios once the calls have been done?

Ok, so you want a non shiny. It works a little differently than just generating a seed and hitting a delay while using a wrong SID. Within my guide for egg natures on HGSS, you'll find how KuyaJBoy solved this problem. You do need to put your SID in there. You're just going to hit the wrong delay on purpose.
I don't think my ID is the issue... Last time I was able to perfectly hatch a non Shiny Gible using the same steps as I have used this time.

UPON typing this post, I have hit my seed and delay so I am going to make another attempt to get my desired egg nature/gender/ability.

I have confirmed by making the Elm calls and deposited the parents into daycare. I will now make 3 joey calls to advance frame from 1 to 7.

If this fails, I will try to do what Kuja does.

Ok so like... I got the same stupid Hustle Male Naughty Togepi... What to do now?

Edit: What I have learned... After you suggested to read what Kuja wrote in your post Riski, I cleared out the ID and tried putting the seed in the RNG Reporter and selecting method DPPt Egg PID International Parents. After generating the results, it looks like the results match up with myself having with frame 7 yielding a male ability 0 naughty egg. I am going to just try to make a confirmation by hatching the frame 8 egg too to make sure it ain't a coincidence. Actually nvm, I already messed up the generation order so I cannot confirm.
Edit:I tried what Kuja suggested and it still didn't work. The DPPt Egg PID International Parents... isn't there one for HGSS?
In my latest attempt: I tried clearing the ID box so it was 00000 and using a new seed. However I haven't had any luck hitting it so far but tried the Kuja method and it still didn't come out right at all.

Fyi if anyone has any helpful information, Im like on this thread 11hrs a day. I can try to provide as much information as I can to help me solve his mystery of why RNG Reporter is being such a dick to me and not giving me the right results. Im going to take a 1hr break to vent some steam cause this is a bit fucking ridiculous.

Latest Edit:Im back now and trying to hit my seed again.

Documentation of right now:
Targeted Seed: B40A02DD
Date and Time: 2010/08/10 10:50:50
Targeted Delay: 723

im trying to RNG my ID/ SID in my new HG game and i just dont understand what a PID is and what do i enter it in the Desired PID (hex) box in pandoras box. any help would be appreciated

Ok so I have hit my seed and delay... Depositing parents and then making 3 Joey calls as my targeted frame is 7...

Saved infront of Old man and picked up my egg... now to find out if its the real deal.

YES FINALLY IT IS THE REAL DEAL. A FREAKING FEMALE MODEST SERENE GRACE TOGEPI!

Ok so I have hit my seed and delay... Depositing parents and then making 3 Joey calls as my targeted frame is 7...
just throwing that out there you want to take 7th egg so reject first 6 but i dont really knwo anything about eggs

EDIT: i think you start on frame one, so that might be what is off, maybe?

just throwing that out there you want to take 7th egg so reject first 6 but i dont really knwo anything about eggs

EDIT: i think you start on frame one, so that might be what is off, maybe?
You dont need to reject 6... Infact rejecting 6 might allow NPCs to call you and mess up your frame from what Riski told me. You just need to make 3 Joey calls to advance the frame 6 times to go from frame 1 to frame 7 which I did.

Anyways I have confirmed that the egg is indeed what I have been seeking and now to work on IVs.

Target:
A60702F5
2010/08/14 07:04:50 Frame 20
Delay 747
31/30/30/31/31/31 Hidden Power Ice

You dont need to reject 6... Infact rejecting 6 might allow NPCs to call you and mess up your frame from what Riski told me. You just need to make 3 Joey calls to advance the frame 6 times to go from frame 1 to frame 7 which I did.

Anyways I have confirmed that the egg is indeed what I have been seeking and now to work on IVs.

Ohh well like i said, i know pretty much nothing about RNG breeding lol but if anyone could answer----
\/

im trying to RNG my ID/ SID in my new HG game and i just dont understand what a PID is and what do i enter it in the Desired PID (hex) box in pandoras box. any help would be appreciated

I'm curious to discover what you did differently this time that resulted in the success. Did you discover what was the problem on the previous attempts?

I'm curious to discover what you did differently this time that resulted in the success. Did you discover what was the problem on the previous attempts?
Well part of the error was that not realizing that my new newly acquired Ditto was a Japanese Ditto (Syberia's) and I needed to check the International Parents. Another problem was that if you had an ID when you are searching for a seed with international parents on, it will yield different results. (I had my trainer ID set to my OT but not SID which was kept 00000. The reason being is that when I RNG'd my Gible, I used my own parents that have 31hp 31atk and 31spd but if you turn on international parents, it seems to fuck with the whole process meaning your Trainer ID might screw you over instead).

Now when I tried your suggestion of using Kuya's method, that didn't work too but I'm beginning to suspect that RNG Reporter does not have an appropriate function yet to compensate for International Parents and being on HGSS. HOWEVER... there is SOME overlap and I just happen to be lucky with an overlap with the Modest Female Ability 1 Seed but I warn you that if you do not know your SID... It is very possible you are going to be in a world of pain.

Wait I didnt know calling Joey also increases the IRNG. I thought it just increases the Rng advancement.
Indeed it does, it opens new possibilities of what frames are viable to use in egg IRNGing.

idiotfrommars

HODOR HODOR HODOR
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
If I was to use an AR code to make a Tenth Aniversary Celebi be able to be picked up in a pokemart what method would I use to RNG it? Also would the Celebi be considered legit or not? Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this.

I'm saved right in front of the ladder that goes to the top of Ho-oh's tower and I just hit my delay. Going up the ladder advances the frame by 2 and talking to Ho-oh advances it by 1, right? (so if my target frame is 70, I should call elm until I get there then go up the ladder and talk to Ho-oh?)

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'm saved right in front of the ladder that goes to the top of Ho-oh's tower and I just hit my delay. Going up the ladder advances the frame by 2 and talking to Ho-oh advances it by 1, right? (so if my target frame is 70, I should call elm until I get there then go up the ladder and talk to Ho-oh?)
no going up the ladder does not advance the RNG by 2 frames, talking with Ho-Oh does advance the RNG by 1 frame though. You should call elm until frame 69 then speak to ho-oh. Although be aware that you may trip the 128 steps advancements while walking up to ho-oh, which should advance the RNG by a number of frame equal to the number of pokemon in your party, but hopefully this won't happen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)