Challenge The Scramble Challange

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Raseri: Take a Snorlax named Patrick. It must have a moveset of Curse / Rest / Sleep Talk / a STAB move as soon as possible and keep all those moves forever. You may not use it against the Elite Four unless it Curses six times against a Pokemon and fails to OHKO it.

@Raseri: Take a Snorlax named Patrick. It must have a moveset of Curse / Rest / Sleep Talk / a STAB move as soon as possible and keep all those moves forever. You may not use it against the Elite Four unless it Curses six times against a Pokemon and fails to OHKO it.
Uhh... How will he know if it will or will not OHKO the other Pokemon without using it?

You can't get a snorlax before the elite 4 in crystal, can you? I mean, he could always hack it in, but a curse lax would basically make every other pokemon on his team irrelivant. I mean the lax you gave him was THE best pokemon of gsc ou, the only difference being that you replaced eq with sleep talk. I'm not saying that this is a bad thing i'm just saying that for me, having a lax pre e4 would make it hard for me to not just throw out lax in any key scenario that didnt involve a fighting/ghost/rock/steel type.

@Eddie, it doesnt say he has to fail to ko a specific pokemon, so he can retry against anything. Thats how I read it anyway. Its not even a hard condtion of use for such a great pokemon, as I can think of a couple of pre e4 pokemon that can survive +6 snorlax stab move, not even counting ghosts, which im pretty sure Dummy forgot to disqualify. I would say what pokemon i'm thinking of, but no free hints for any challenge other than my own

@doom

that might be the single most creative challenge ever. ingenius! you forgot to tell him to omit the legendaries as well though

and lax is obtained post-E4 in kanto, at level 50 in crystal.

@doom

that might be the single most creative challenge ever. ingenius! you forgot to tell him to omit the legendaries as well though

and lax is obtained post-E4 in kanto, at level 50 in crystal.
Thank you very much paradox. I was inspired after reading up on the gsc celebi egg glitch. If you dont know know about it, here it is; if you breed two of the same pokemon together that both have the same movesets and both have beat up in their third move slot then do a bunch of other crazy shit with a bad clone you can get a celebi to hatch at level 0. I dont know why this happens, but the reason its a celebi is becasue beat up's index number is 251, which is the same as celebi's index number (in gen 2 the index numbers for pokemon match up perfectly with their national dex numbers). In fact, you can get any pokemon to hatch in an egg like this, except ledyba, who's dex number happens to be struggle's index number. Also, its notable that since there is a pokemon for each move you can never hatch a glitch pokemon like missingno (though you can hatch a bad clone if there is no move in the third moveslot). This last fact that there is a move for each pokemon is what got the creative challenge jucies flowing...

oh yeah, raseri, exclude legendaries.

Ironic fact of the day: using the celebi egg trick with splash ironically gets you a mewtwo. Both have index numbers of 150

@zdrup-I know that.

Also, the following pokemon will be hacked in:
Slugma (catchable only after the E4)-after Roark
Vulpix-after Fantina
Charmander-after Maylene
Magby-after Candice

@zdrup-I know that.

Also, the following pokemon will be hacked in:
Slugma (catchable only after the E4)-after Roark
Vulpix-after Fantina
Charmander-after Maylene
Magby-after Candice
My bad about the slugma thing viking, I've never played a gen 4 game, so i have trouble determining what pokemon are available when in gen 4 games. If he's not available until post-e4, hack away!

raseri, you need one more challenge, right? Here's one: Use the Eevee Bill gives you. Name it "Nuzzy". Evolve it into anything you like. Teach it whatever you like. But if it faints for whatever reason, release it, or deposit it and never use it again. You may not replace its empty spot, i.e. you can only use 5 Pokemon for the rest of the game.

-Riolu given to you by Riley. It may evolve after soloing one of Byron's Pokemon. If its ability is Steadfast, it must know Reversal. If its ability is Inner Focus, it must know Counter.
If it has a +Atk nature, it must know Swords Dance.
+Def nature, it must know Rest.
+SpAtk nature, it must know Flash Cannon.
+SpDef nature, it must know Captivate.
+Speed nature, it must know Endure.
Neutral nature, it must know Return.
-If it does not have the corresponding nature or ability, it can not learn that move.

These were the restrictions for my riolu.
I'm just here to say it hatched and it's a QUIRKY, INNER FOCUS riolu. So I'm stuck with return and counter...

Current Team:

take a Chikorita. It must have no damaging moves a soon as possible, and must solo four pokemon on your rival teams. Notice-this can include pokemon that are the same as long as it is different battles.

hack in an Omanyte, name it Technician. It must never know a move with more than 60 BP. Evolves once it solos ten Rocket Grunts and one Admin.

Bring the first thing you encounter in the Bug Catching contest that is neither a Scyther nor a Pinsir. Name it BugGet.

You new challenge will be to catch ANY pokemon that knows/can learn metrenome (and teach it metrenome obviously). Then use your old rod to fish up a magikarp and battle it. Use metrenome. the first time you use metrenome, use the link i'll post at the botton to look up the moves index number, and then use the national pokedex listing (which i'll also link) and find the pokemon with same number. THIS is your pokemon. The beatuy of this is that there are 251 moves in gen 2, and 251 pokemon, making this almost completley random, minus the moves metrenome cant select. If you happen to get a pokemon not fully evolved, too bad, it must stay in its nfe form. If you can't get the pokemon selected in crystal, hack it in, but if it's in the game get it legit. (also, if its a pokemon you have already been given by somebody else for this challenge or is in said pokemon's evo familiy ignore it).

Now continue to use metrenome. If a move is used that your future pokemon can learn, write it down and when you get that pokemon add it to your movelist. Continue to do this until you get a full move list. If you get a move that is illegal with a previous move, ignore the newer move.

If you get one of those horrible pokemon that cant learn more than four moves you dont have to go through the move selction steps.

If at anytime during this process you ko the magikarp/ko yourself/run out of pp, heal up at a pokemon center and contine on from where you left off. After you get a pokemon and a complete moveset, end the magikarp battle and release your metrenome user.

The last reqirement for this challenge is you must post what pokemon/moveset you get in this forum, because i wanna know what you get!

Meh, I'm a nice guy, so here's what I'll do; throughout the whole process you get 3 "rejects". If you get a pokemon/move you dont like, you can use a reject and then ignore the last metrenome result (obviously if you get a move that your pokemon cant learn/isnt legal with your prevoius moves, this doesnt count as a reset). After using a reject you CANNOT decide you liked the previous metrenome result better and go back to it.

If you would post what you reset (if you reset anything) with your final moveset it would be much appreciated!

Finally, the links you need:
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wi...3%A9dex_number
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_moves

Take a Snorlax named Patrick. It must have a moveset of Curse / Rest / Sleep Talk / a STAB move as soon as possible and keep all those moves forever. You may not use it against the Elite Four unless it Curses six times against a Pokemon and fails to OHKO it

Here's one: Use the Eevee Bill gives you. Name it "Nuzzy". Evolve it into anything you like. Teach it whatever you like. But if it faints for whatever reason, release it, or deposit it and never use it again. You may not replace its empty spot, i.e. you can only use 5 Pokemon for the rest of the game.

I'll be starting right away, because the Snorlax I was given involves the Elite Four I'll hack it in around Jasmine. Omanyte will join before the first gym, and the first metonomer I can get it Togepi I think, so thats right after the first gym :P

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Ok Eradd, I think I speak for everyone when I ask you for regular updates of your challenge. It should be fun
Sorry guys, while playing, my emulator crashed and I forgot to save >.> I was up to a certain point grinding, and because it crashed, it kinda demoralized me for a bit (Because listening to Rowan talk is a bitch).

And I just got hit with a new French Placement test by my brand new university, so I'm gonna have to study a bit for that, and I also just got a new job.

However, I'll start playing today, and I promise to get to the first gym. And I will have regular updates.

And uhhh, while i was gone, there was a whole ton of shitting on each other/me, so I really don't know what my final team is. I know I'm carrying a Chimchar, Hondour, Ralts (Kirlia), Wingull, Bidoof, and a meditite, or did it switch and Treadshot say that I have to carry a Dratini? I'm really confused. And would each of you list your conditions again, to make sure I have it down pat? Thanks.

eradd it's true, your challenge has become the most controverse ever (I may have helped a bit).
When I asked for regular I was thinking that you could write an update every 1 or 2 gyms and not real life time.
Mine was a meditite with an elemental punch as ONLY physical move and no psychic. If you think it's too hard, you're allowed to use drain punch too.

Eraddd

One Pixel
eradd it's true, your challenge has become the most controverse ever (I may have helped a bit).
When I asked for regular I was thinking that you could write an update every 1 or 2 gyms and not real life time.
Mine was a meditite with an elemental punch as ONLY physical move and no psychic. If you think it's too hard, you're allowed to use drain punch too.
No no, doesn't matter if it's too hard, I'll do it. I'm just looking for clarification here, on exactly what the guidelines are for my run. I have 8 pokemon listed for my run, and a bunch of other confusing guidelines, so I'm just waiting for clarification.

No no, doesn't matter if it's too hard, I'll do it. I'm just looking for clarification here, on exactly what the guidelines are for my run. I have 8 pokemon listed for my run, and a bunch of other confusing guidelines, so I'm just waiting for clarification.
I'd delete this post if I were you because your challenge was already the hardest. Don't let they do it worse! xD

Eraddd

One Pixel
I'd delete this post if I were you because your challenge was already the hardest. Don't let they do it worse! xD
Well, I think the challenge is alreayd posted (albeit with 8 pokemon, so I don't know which ones), and I think I got the firm grasp of yours, chimchar, bidoof and hondour. I just need to know the rest.

Eraddd, yes you had a controversial challenge. To repeat, mine was a Ralts that only became Kirlia at or above lv 35. Also, iirc it was called GreenSlut and couldn't know Psychic. No Gardevoir either.

I will be nice though. Since you have such a hard challenge, you can choose to take an easier challenge from me: electric attacks only Pachirisu, with Pickup. You can use the items it picks up.

@Nidpenguin: Take an Ampharos. It must learn an keep Cotton Spore. The only electric type attack it can learn is Discharge (this includes non-damaging attacks). It can only evolve into an Ampharos if it solos one of Chuck's pokemon.

Eraddd

One Pixel
You must pick a totodile. It may not evolve into a Croconaw until it solos Bugsy with only water gun as its move. Furthermore, it may not evolve into a Feraligatr, until it solos Red Gyarados and either makes it faint, or makes it into the Red Zone and catch it WITHOUT putting any status on it, with a great ball or poke ball.

It must carry both surf and waterfall also.

Edit: Sorry, it must take on all 3 Dragonites. Should be simple, as it learns Ice Fang, and you may have access to Ice Punch.

@Nidpenguin, take a Murkrow named Trickster. It must always know at least two non-attacking moves, one of which must be Taunt, or it cannot attack (the TM for Taunt is at Route 34 and the Burned Tower). It also must solo at least one Pokemon from every Elite Four member.

@nidpenguin

i give you tyrouge from the karate king in Mt. Mortar. name it FistsOFury. you may not give this tyrouge any vitamins. if it evolves into HitmonChan, it may only have moves that have the word "Punch" in it. if it evolves into HitmonLee, it may only have moves with the word "Kick" in it. if by some miracle it evolves into Hitmontop, the only moves it can know are moves that are boosted by Technician (this can include ?? power moves)

Eraddd

One Pixel
Eraddd, yes you had a controversial challenge. To repeat, mine was a Ralts that only became Kirlia at or above lv 35. Also, iirc it was called GreenSlut and couldn't know Psychic. No Gardevoir either.

I will be nice though. Since you have such a hard challenge, you can choose to take an easier challenge from me: electric attacks only Pachirisu, with Pickup. You can use the items it picks up.
I'll take the Pachirisu LOL. I was planning to use Gardevoir as a Special Defensive Wall and an annoyer of sorts, but Kirlia can't wall for crap and can't attack from crap, so >.>

Progress:
Just finished with the Fortree Gym and, therefore, have acquired all of my Pokemon for the challenge. Here's a quick summary of the past two gyms...

Norman:
The WORST gym so far, had to waste my rare candies on Numel because magnitude's damage was just too unreliable. Also, before the rare candies and some grinding, Numel was always OHKOed by the second Slaking's Facade. But, at Lv 35 and packing EQ, Numel was ready to go.

Slaking - Numel EQed as Slaking Yawned. I planned on using EQ one more time, followed by an Overheat, but (it appeared) that Numel got max damage with the second EQ and a crit, KOing the first Slaking.

Vigoroth - Vigoroth comes in and I wake up from my sleep due to the equipped chesto berry. Overheat would have done much more damage to Vigoroth, but I didn't want it to diminish Overheat's power just so Norman could use a hyper potion next turn. Regardless, Numel's EQ was a swift 2HKO while Slash failed to 2HKO (I was praying it didn't crit).

Slaking (2) - Numel had already done the requirements for this battle, so I switched in Sableye, who easily walled Slaking (bar faint attack). After a couple of rock smash defense drops, Sableye had served his purpose, and allowed Mudkip to finish things up with Strength.

Winona:
A much easier gym battle. Mostly due to hax, but easier nonetheless!

Swellow: It double teamed turn one... which did not help at all as Numel followed with an Overheat and OHKOed (Numel was Lv 38 at the moment).

Pelipper: Sent in Ralts. I was a little worried because Ralts has such low base stats, but it did pack T-Bolt, so I was optimistic. Even with T-Bolt though, I was still expecting a 2HKO. However, Pelipper kept protecting itself until it eventually failed and I OHKOed with a crit T-Bolt.

Skarmory: Numel took an Aerial Ace and rebutted with an Overheat. Nuff said.

Altaria: Kecleon earned some team points for bring Alteria down to -6 so Mudkip could finish it off with Strength.

C
hallenges
1) Mudkip: no Evolutions, no Stab except HMs
2) Ralts: Named Hammond. Must be only Pokemon used in Kecleon battle, otherwise no Gardevoir, can only evolve at Lv. 35 or higher and after fortree and can not learn Psychic by level up. Only Pokemon that can be used when catching Kecleon).
3) Numel: To evolve it must solo 7 gym pokemon and can only know one of the following: Eruption, Rock Slide, or Earthquake
4) Kecleon: Named Arceus, It must be the one Steven points out. It's type must change to the following types by the following cities. Otherwise, it can not be used until the E4.
Mossdeep: electric, psychic, dark, water, fire, grass
Sootopolis: ice, ground, poison, rock, bug, fighting
Victory Road: dragon, ghost, steel
5) Swablu: Named Puff M.D, must always know two support moves upon and after evolution, no dragon moves
6) Sableye: Must solo Brawley, otherwise no STAB moves.

Pokemon
Mudkip - Lv 32

- Strength
- Surf
- Mud Slap
- Bide

Mudkip has become SO much better since the beginning, a STAB attack was really overdo. He still isn't great, but he can hold his own against other Pokemon much easier now and win most fights one-on-one.

Sableye - Lv 32

- Rock Smash
- Cut
- Faint Attack
- Night Shade

Sableye was a BEAST against the whole Normal Gym. His immunities to Normal, Fighting, and Ghost prove to be really valuable and still do occasionally. I stopped leveling him up as much because I wanted to keep Faint Attack and Night Shade, so I have to wait to delete Rock Smash and Cut and replace them with Shadow Ball (whatever level he gets it at).

Ralts (Nickname: Hammond) - Lv 32

- ThunderBolt
- Confusion
- Teleport
- Calm Mind

Still hard to level-up seeing as it has paper defenses and his attack is so-so. However, just 3 more levels and can finally evolve! YAY EVOLUTION!

Numel - Lv 39

- Overheat
- Ember
- Earthquake
- Magnitude

I feel stupid for worrying so much because he has really proven his worth! Despite the low-speed, Overheat and EQ punish everything and he even moves first sometimes due to his overleveling. For those keeping track, he has soloed the required 7 gym Pokemon to evolve (Slugma, Slugma, Torkoal, Slaking, Vigoroth, Swellow, Skarmory), but I'm waiting until Lv 41 to evolve for Flamethrower, as it's still powerful but has more PP than Fire Blast or Overheat.

Swablu (Nickname: Puff M.D.) - Lv. 31

- Peck
- Sing
- Safeguard
- Fury Attack

REALLY WEAK, but not hard to level up due to all of the Caravanha and grass types, plus its decent bulk (compared to the rest of the team). I thought that this would become a beast with Dragon Dance, but I am required to keep two support moves from the Swablu phase. This leaves room for only one attack (Fly), but I might just switch to two attacks (EQ and Fly) and lose DD. Still have to think about it. Sing has been occasionally helpful, too (can't expect much with 55% accuracy though).

Kecleon (Nickname: Arceus) - Lv 30

- Screech
- Fury Swipes
- Psybeam
- Faint Attack

I was planning on switching a lot within my team during the battle to make him become all of the required types. However, my challenge was changed, so that only Ralts (paper-defense Ralts) could be used when catching. I got some lucky parahax and was able to catch him on my first try. Has done anything yet, but he did screech Alteria to -6 which was VERY HELPFUL. Only types left before Mossdeep: Fire, Water, Grass, and Dark.

Concerns:
- This team is TOO SLOW. I'm getting so may "can't escapes" from Pokemon I shouldn't be getting them from (Zubat, Tentacool, Zigzagoon, etc.) Even after the team fully evolves: Alteria and Gardevoir are at base 80, while the rest of the team is at or below Base 50.
- Kyogre can destroy this team. Gardevoir could get lucky with calm mind, but double stab Hydro Pump is still gonna hurt A LOT. I might get lucky with Bide Mudkip, but who knows?

Until next time
EddieD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)