Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ok thanks. So if I wanted to RNG using sweet scent, how any frames does that advance. Also, what is the difference between Frame and Actual frame?
I forgot actually how many frame advancements sweet scenting does. Actual Frame is the frame you end in after you kill that pokes frame.

I was thinking... could I use some of the spreads from the Excel Documents( The Physical, Special and Trick Room Spreadsheets) and use them for method K as well or is it just for Methods 1/J only? Any help appreciated.

EDIT: I'm talking about the ones in the How to capture Perfect Pokemon article btw.

I was thinking... could I use some of the spreads from the Excel Documents( The Physical, Special and Trick Room Spreadsheets) and use them for method K as well or is it just for Methods 1/J only? Any help appreciated.

EDIT: I'm talking about the ones in the How to capture Perfect Pokemon article btw.
Yes you could use them as method k but they usually have different frames. I think its listed there. I believe its Method 1/Method J with sync/Method J without/Method K with sync/ Method K without

Alexa888: For DPPt, frame advancement are here, just scroll down.

For HG/SS abuse, I probably need to do more testing, or someone can verify, but in grass, it seems to advance by 1. Surfing and inside cave sweet scenting seems to advance by 2 (but I've only done one of each respectively).

ventus603: It's often that you'll find that spreads on Method1 are also on K/J. Though you can just download Wichu's PokeRNG program and find a spread yourself to your specifications.

ah thanks for the responses Bakus and Frozen_Spirits. I think I may actually try Wichu's Program for once lol.
If you want an alternative you could just search the Method 1 poke in the seed finder. Just check the Open box. Then Put in the spread you want, to find the seed. Then just edit the drop box in the rng reporter to method K and put a sync. :)

Btw it is a Event Latias.

But I think, after this, I plan to restart to get a Shiny ID and SID. I want my team to have shiny Pokemon. Well not all Shiny, just the ones I want and I would like to start shiny abusing.

But yeah, I am going to start from the beginning.

Which spread do you think I should look for?

But I think, after this, I plan to restart to get a Shiny ID and SID. I want my team to have shiny Pokemon. Well not all Shiny, just the ones I want and I would like to start shiny abusing.

This is what I've been asking. Maybe Look for something that hasnt been done yet or a nice Hidden Power. I'm currently playing my first run through of platinum with an HP Grass Spread. I didn't even catch all of the HP Fire pokes on my HG. I got too lazy to finish the game. I just rushed through it all just to get my Shiny HP Fire Latios and started another so I could get another Shiny Latios.

You know you can breed to get shiny pokemon right? I'm assuming you don't want a team full of legends. If you find out your SID you can breed shinies

Oh yeah, I know I can do that. And I know my SID. But apparently when I looked up a 31/0/31/31/31/31 as a spread for shinies, it didn't show one available for my SID.

Oh yeah, I know I can do that. And I know my SID. But apparently when I looked up a 31/0/31/31/31/31 as a spread for shinies, it didn't show one available for my SID.
Are you talking about Wichu's program? Non abused ID/SID rarely have good spreads. I was a bit lucky with my Diamond game because it had a good adamant shiny spread. Not flawless though.

EDIT: You should try searching for Hidden Powers. :)

Well I am just doing a regular Latias. I don't really care for the HP.

Though I found a decent spread like this

Timid
30/0/30/30/31/31

Frane 49
Delay 5225

Is that one any good?

Nah, I use RNGreporter, btw.

Well I am just doing a regular Latias. I don't really care for the HP.

Though I found a decent spread like this

Timid
30/0/30/30/31/31

Frane 49
Delay 5225

Is that one any good?

Nah, I use RNGreporter, btw.
I dont understand. How do you use RNGreporter to find your shiny spreads? Either way thats a nice Spread. :)

EDIT: Nexus why do you prefer High delays with lower frames than Low Delays with Higher Frames? I prefer Low delays High frames in HG/SS because its easy to tell what frames you are on(Elm) and quick to advance them (Radio upper right).

You go to the main part of the program and enter your ivs and then type in the ID and SID you have in that section at the bottom or that how it seems to be done.

Anywho, I am just trying to hit my delays, but man it is higher than usual.

You go to the main part of the program and enter your ivs and then type in the ID and SID you have in that section at the bottom or that how it seems to be done.

Anywho, I am just trying to hit my delays, but man it is higher than usual.
Yeah they are higher, for future RNG's I would suggest JavaRNG, I think it's much quicker and finds more available spreads

And back on the Egg part, as long as you have one flawless parent you can pretty much get whatever you want

A weird problem

This is not my first time RNGing, but i have a recurring problem with Elm responses.

Occasionally, i will pick a seed, plug it into seed to time, and generate a seed with incorrect Elm sequences.

The required sequence will be something like
E,E,P,E,E,K,K,P,P,K delay 519, Frame 7 (from time finder)

But in actuality, the delay 519 has a elm responses E,P,E,E,K,K,P,P,K,P completely skipping the first "E".

I've tried advancing the frame 6 times, and collecting the egg, but the result is not what time finder gave me.

(I know that im not reading the results wrong because i'm using a flawless RNGed ditto)

Any help would be greatly appreaciated!

Been a while since I've done this, so I just want to be sure again. If I have a frame of 1, and I subtract a monster frame of 1, that's it correct? I'm done, fin, over and out right?

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Been a while since I've done this, so I just want to be sure again. If I have a frame of 1, and I subtract a monster frame of 1, that's it correct? I'm done, fin, over and out right?
If your target frame is 1 and there is nothing that advances the frame, then yes you would just have to "talk" to whatever you're trying to catch (I'm assuming this is for a stationary legend/method 1 gift pokemon, correct?)

This is not my first time RNGing, but i have a recurring problem with Elm responses.

Occasionally, i will pick a seed, plug it into seed to time, and generate a seed with incorrect Elm sequences.

The required sequence will be something like
E,E,P,E,E,K,K,P,P,K delay 519, Frame 7 (from time finder)

But in actuality, the delay 519 has a elm responses E,P,E,E,K,K,P,P,K,P completely skipping the first "E".

I've tried advancing the frame 6 times, and collecting the egg, but the result is not what time finder gave me.

(I know that im not reading the results wrong because i'm using a flawless RNGed ditto)

Any help would be greatly appreaciated!
The Elm results you have are not incorrect. What you do is pay attention to where your calls match up and stop on what should be frame 6 based on the matching calls; then you get out of the Pokegear to get your frame 7 egg. Do not count! Match the calls. For RNG breeding, don't choose frames lower than 9 (I recommend 12 and up). That way you have a chance to make sure of where you are on the Elm call list.

If your target frame is 1 and there is nothing that advances the frame, then yes you would just have to "talk" to whatever you're trying to catch (I'm assuming this is for a stationary legend/method 1 gift pokemon, correct?)
Stationary, but Method J. It's a Drifloon and I was happy to see Frame 1 in the Reporter.

Zari

What impossible odds?
is a Contributor Alumnus
Stationary, but Method J. It's a Drifloon and I was happy to see Frame 1 in the Reporter.

If the frame is listed as 1 under Method J (not method 1!) with/without a sync (whichever one it is), then all you have to do is just hit your seed, then "talk" to it I believe :)

If we're talking about a method 1 frame, then you'll need to find the method J frame for that spread, which would become your target frame.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 6)