Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
1) Download and install Mono for Mac OSX (note: you will need administrative privileges to install Mono).

When I clicked on the link, it said files may harm my computer. I'm a wimp when it comes to that, so can someone reassure me my computer won't die if I download it?
Page bump
Please I just want a conformation from someone who used it. Its not my computer to break, its my mom's and she will kill me. Thanks.

How is the honey tree abuse done? Do you have to slather the honey, wait 12 hours, then hit your seed? Or do you have to hit your seed first before you slather the honey?

Quick question : calling Elm doesn't advance the "frame" for getting a shiny egg right? (like the frame in this case is supposed to be the amount of eggs you need to take/reject) So I can check my seed with Elm calls without risking skipping my frame?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Quick question : calling Elm doesn't advance the "frame" for getting a shiny egg right? (like the frame in this case is supposed to be the amount of eggs you need to take/reject) So I can check my seed with Elm calls without risking skipping my frame?
nope Elm calls do not advance the IRNG, so you can use them to check your seed without having to worry about skipping over your desired frame.

Okay, then should I got with Elm calls over roamers? Since I heard they tend to make your frame or whatever go wrong... I just wanna learn to get this right with the least amount of luck involved >.<

ok I hit my delay for a wild Slugma to catch. My reset time was at 5:00 in the morning, one of my target slots says he appears on slot 1 but only in the daytime. Could I just leave my DS till it turns to day ingame and continue my frame advancements accordingly?

Also, I am a little confused on my frame advances. I am in the grass on my bike and did the Elm calls, when do I stop to get to my target frame? I have a sweet scenter and syncher, etc. My target frame is 991 in this case.

EDIT: does the actual frame play a part in this or is it for only gift pokemon?

I am 14 frames form my target: 2832. I am outside Lugia's cave. When I enter I have to turn 3 times and I don't know if that will advance my frame. Should I advance my frame untill 2832 and enter and catch Lugia or do something else?

Edit: Btw what ball should I catch Lugia in? It's not shiny.

Going through the cave entrance might cause an advancement. I hope you tested once before doing your actual RNG. It didn't for me, but there are reports that it caused advancements for some players.

Oh. I didn't know that. I guess I'll find out. I have the same iv spread close to the one I am doing. Only 2 frames away. Hopefully, if it does advance the frame it will advance by 2.

EDIT: It adavnced my frame by 3!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

Aw! Well, when you try again, go in and out of the cave as a test to see how much it advances. Do this when you still have plenty of frames left for keeping track of where you are.

ok so im going for the sudowoodo and when do i stop advancing my frames? Like does the squirt bottle advance the frame 1 and then actually fighting the sudowoodo advance it once more?

You should do a test on a wrong delay and see what frame you get when you do no phone calls or radio advancements. Use seed finder to see what frame you got. Then use what you learned to do the actual rng.

You should do a test on a wrong delay and see what frame you get when you do no phone calls or radio advancements. Use seed finder to see what frame you got. Then use what you learned to do the actual rng.

the sudowoodo isnt level 50 so it wouldnt work but could i save and then put my ar in and IV check?

EDIT: This is NOT working out too well :( its like 1030 and i gotta register for school tomarrow at 830 then i have to WALK 2 MILES to work! then i have to work for 6-7 hours tomarrow then i will prob have to walk 2 MILES back so i got to go to bed pretty soon here. Goodnight All. (well im not getting off quite yet but...)

Is there away for veryfying that you have hit the right seed+frame when you are breeding for ivs. It takes ages to hatch the egg and check the ivs.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 15)