Most Generation PRNG Help / Information

Okay, now that I completed my first RNG, I am thinking about starting over. I want a ID and SID that will guarantee that I will get a shiny with great IVs.

Ace Emerald

Cyclic, lunar, metamorphosing
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
This is my first rng and surprisingly [/sarcasm] I'm having problems. Heres my problem:
I'm trying to rng timid flawless latias (I checked it's legal) in the enigma stone event. I am using RNG reporter and pika timer. My seed is d2140289, my delay is 639, and the time is 2010 March 31, 20:58:59. Pika time is set up as follows: Calibrated Delay:490 (this might be my problem, as I didn't know what to do so I copied what the rng video I was watching did and they were after a bold hp electric suicune) Wanted delay:639 Calibrated Second: 14 (this could also be my problem I didn't know what to put here so I put 14 so I could make the second timer in time) Wanted Seconds: 59. I start the time and pika timer simultaneously, enter soulsilver when timer 1 ends, and press continue when timer 2 ends. When I search the elm calls on rng reporter's elm search,they are so off a message pops up that says no matches, so I don't know what seed I'm actually hitting.
Sorry for posting every little bit of data, but I don't know where I went wrong, so I figured
post everything.

Edit: A thought just occurred to me, my frame is 114 and I forgot to reach it -.-'... So do I make 114 elm calls and the last 12 will be correct?

Edit2: I just made 102 calls and checked the last 9 (I was wrong after several calls) and it still didn't work so I guess I fail or something. Please help me....

Page bump cause last on previos page equals epic fail.

If entering in normal values for calibrated delay and seconds aren't working for you, then you have to find what your calibrated delay and seconds are. Delays are normally even only or odd only depending on the cartridge.

Though it's for DPPt, calibration should be done the same way: http://www.smogon.com/ingame/rng/dpp_rng_part2 Read up on it ^^

Well ID/SID combo works with certain spreads only, ie a certain ID/SID combo could product flawless for HP ELectric 70 Timid/Modest. There's no universal ID/SID combo that would give you flawless everything I'm afraid, :P

I see. Well I am curious.

I notice a lot of people on the 'Discuss my Pokemon' thread usually has a lot of Pokemon with 30 all the way(except with one being low for obvious reasons). And then they are shiny as well.

I don't want a whole shiny team, though I like to get a few for keeps and what not.

I am just interested in getting a Shiny Ralts with 31 all the way except Sp Atk. And stuff like that.

I started a new game on my platinum cartridge. I just got up to the point where Cynthia asks if I'm ready or not to go into the distortion world. I told her no. Can I save here and still be able to RNG for Giratina, Palkia, Dialga, & the tri legends? I just want to go ahead and calibrate my game for this cartridge since I haven't done so up until this point.

I was calibrating my Pokemon Platinum and here's what I got.

Seconds: 6 Delay: 614
Seconds: 6 Delay: 600
Seconds: 8 Delay: 600
Seconds: 6 Delay: 604
Seconds: 7 Delay: 602

Can I determine my average delay/seconds from this or should I do it a few more times? (I was mashing A the whole time, btw.)

Edit: How am I supposed to calibrate HGSS? There are no Wild Pokemon over Level 50 there.

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I started a new game on my platinum cartridge. I just got up to the point where Cynthia asks if I'm ready or not to go into the distortion world. I told her no. Can I save here and still be able to RNG for Giratina, Palkia, Dialga, & the tri legends? I just want to go ahead and calibrate my game for this cartridge since I haven't done so up until this point.
yeah the IVs/nature for Giratina/Palkia/Dialga and the pixies aren't decided until you interact with them, so sure you can leave and go calibrate you can even knock out Giratina in Distortion World and it will reappear at Turnback cave.

yeah the IVs/nature for Giratina/Palkia/Dialga and the pixies aren't decided until you interact with them, so sure you can leave and go calibrate you can even knock out Giratina in Distortion World and it will reappear at Turnback cave.
Oh wow that's awesome! Is it easier to do it in turnback cave?

I've seen quite a few people do it in distortion world...maybe for Location purposes. What's your opinion?

Nexus

Forever the Recusant
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Oh wow that's awesome! Is it easier to do it in turnback cave?

I've seen quite a few people do it in distortion world...maybe for Location purposes. What's your opinion?
if you have a high frame then go for distortion world due to the 11 frame advancement every time the distortion world map loads. If you want to RNG it at your leisure then do it at Turnback Cave.

if you have a high frame then go for distortion world due to the 11 frame advancement every time the distortion world map loads. If you want to RNG it at your leisure then do it at Turnback Cave.
Alright sounds good. I haven't checked the output I get from my ID/SID yet but once I do I can decided whether to do it in Distortion World or in turnback cave.

Thanks a lot :)

Just so I can save a whole lot of interwebz searching, can someone point me to the page that teaches how to abuse for your ID / Secret ID in emerald by starting a new game? I want to be able to roll around in the tall grass and find shiny pokemon straight after a soft reset like I saw on one youtube video.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
Just so I can save a whole lot of interwebz searching, can someone point me to the page that teaches how to abuse for your ID / Secret ID in emerald by starting a new game? I want to be able to roll around in the tall grass and find shiny pokemon straight after a soft reset like I saw on one youtube video.
It isn't possible to ID/SID abuse in Emerald. You just have to get a list of PIDs you want shiny, and SR until you get a combination that makes one of those PIDs shiny.

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
wouldn't that take as forever as it would to find a shiny normally? except you'd have unlimited shinies after you got it.
Well it took me 3 days of SRing to get a combination that would make my Mew/Deoxys's spread shiny. And I was trying to make any one of 33 PIDs shiny, just happened that I got that one

I've never actually RNG'd emerald before so how long does it take to get in game and start running around? what approximate frame would that be? and if I wanted one of those frame between the time I can start running and a second or two after that to be shiny, how would I check my ID/secret ID after each soft reset new game? What I don't understand is how you were able to check after a new game whether that spread would produce a shiny before you tried again? see i don't need them to get a certain spread, i want to see if i can get shiny pokemon sometimes right after a reset. If there is no way to abuse for a ID / secret ID combo, then how were you able to know what that combo was quickly before you tried again?

Skymin_Flower

It's Seed Flare time.
I've never actually RNG'd emerald before so how long does it take to get in game and start running around? what approximate frame would that be? and if I wanted one of those frame between the time I can start running and a second or two after that to be shiny, how would I check my ID/secret ID after each soft reset new game? What I don't understand is how you were able to check after a new game whether that spread would produce a shiny before you tried again? see i don't need them to get a certain spread, i want to see if i can get shiny pokemon sometimes right after a reset. If there is no way to abuse for a ID / secret ID combo, then how were you able to know what that combo was quickly before you tried again?
The process is not fast. Your ID/SID is generated around where you enter your character's name. I had to start a new game, use RSEdecode to find my ID/SID, use another program to check it against all the PIDs I wanted, and then it told me if it would make on shiny. Nothing happened for 3 days until I finally got it. And I don't know how to do what you are asking, sorry :( its a bit confusing

Ouch. What frame did you end up having shiny?
176, 562, 488. Which is one of the lowest frames for a flawless spread. The modest flawless spread for example, is on frame 2 billion +

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 14)