Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

so i am trying to download pikatimer. It downloads into my WinRar as a .jar file and none of the files inside it are applications. How do i get to the actual pikatimer??? Please help me, im saved into the sinjoh ruins with cynthia blocking me :((((

Is your java up to date, with the right associations? .jar files run for me just from double clicking them.

You could always use emloop, which is web based. I normally use emloop.

Aeron Ee1

Nom nom nom
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have a Blissey that has Softboiled, Toxic, Flamethrower.. My team doesn't need Wish support very badly so what move would be offer more coverage with Flamethrower. Thunderbolt or Ice Beam? I'm kinda leaning to Ice Beam atm but that could change very quickly..

thanks but i just got my computer yesterday (well actually 2 days ago cause its 1:07) but i didnt even have java but someone in the wifi simple questions answered it for me. Thanks though :) (got my dialga btw)

EDIT: How about aromatherapy because i mean, really, how much damage is that going to do? Also you could try icy wind if you pick ice beam because of the 100% chance of speed being lowered... man! i swear, when i ramble things start to actually make sense huh?

I have a Blissey that has Softboiled, Toxic, Flamethrower.. My team doesn't need Wish support very badly so what move would be offer more coverage with Flamethrower. Thunderbolt or Ice Beam? I'm kinda leaning to Ice Beam atm but that could change very quickly..
Seismic Toss, IMO. It's reliable power - and with Flamethrower it allows you to hit everything.

iron head

iron head has base 80 power, and metal claw has 50*1.5=75 base power, so iron head is still stronger

Well because of that reason, you can't use Arceus in the ladder, but for people who want to use it the EV spreads are available.
In Pokemon Online we can use Arceus and it has the 100 EV cap.
People just spread it 100/100/100/100/100, leaving the Atk/SpAtk (depends on the version) untouched.

How do you edit thread titiles?
Edit your OP, and it will be at the top of the edit

What Pokémon, move and item can OHKO bulky Palkia (lets say 252 hp) holding Haban berry without a critical?
Modest 252 SpA Choice Specs Dialga/Palkia's Draco Meteor, and very rarely Timid 252 SpA
Timid 252 SpA Soul Dew Latios' +1 Draco Meteor, or +2 Dragon Pulse
Jolly 252 Atk Garchomp's +2 Outrage
Adamant 252 Atk Rayquaza's +1 Outrage, and very rarely Jolly 252 Atk

Hi, everybody. I'm really new here (I just discovered this site yesterday and joined the forums today), so let's say I wanted to ask this question below:

I'm really new here and a little overwhelmed; where do I start?

I was going to ask that question here, but I'm not entirely sure if it's appropriate in a short-question-short-answer forum. Where would I want to post that question?

Edit: Thanks, Slipperjeans.
Oh, and for the record, everyone is aware I was being serious, right?

Edit EDIT: You too, Cosmic Explorer.
Oh, and I forgot to mention: I'm not actually that new to competitive battling; it's just that I've been using Serebii as a source until now.

@Jason 137

Do you mean you are new to competitive battling?

If so, read this article.
http://www.smogon.com/dp/articles/intro_comp_pokemon

Then you can start brainstorming a team. Looking at the Rate My Team board you can get ideas, and also in the Strategy Pokédex in the Smogon main site.

Then you should download a battle simulator. I recommend Pokemon Online, as it is very user-friendly.
There you can build your team and battle other players.

In the meantime, read other Articles in Smogon to get used to other strategies and stuff.

With time you'll get better. You should always look into tweaking your team and fixing your weaknesses.

Have fun!

cosmicexplorer

pewpewpew
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
@Jason 137

I would also suggest looking at the Smog (Smogon's web-zine) to learn up on competitive pokemon battling. Also, although Pokemon Online is known for being user friendly, Shoddy Battle is more widely used than it and allows you to battle the majority of Smogon players, since most of Smogon doesn't use pokemon online. Don't let that dissuade you from using it, just know that battling in pokemon online may be different than how you hear people describe it on Smogon.

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
No it won't. All turn movements are calculated at the beginning of the turn, which means that Luvdisc will be slower. That's why when you use Tailwind in the middle of the turn your Pokemon are still slower.

@Jason 137

I would also suggest looking at the Smog (Smogon's web-zine) to learn up on competitive pokemon battling. Also, although Pokemon Online is known for being user friendly, Shoddy Battle is more widely used than it and allows you to battle the majority of Smogon players, since most of Smogon doesn't use pokemon online. Don't let that dissuade you from using it, just know that battling in pokemon online may be different than how you hear people describe it on Smogon.
Worth nothing Shoddy Battle was made with Java and is very very laggy, sometimes unresponsive and resource intensive due to it.

hey guys I am trying to see if it's possible to have the following giratina (from plat)?

shiny
jolly
31/31/31/29/31/31?

can the ev for spA be 30 or 31? no right?
this guy who claims to have all three of the ev spreads on three different jolly shiny giratina said they are legit but I don't think you can have 30 or 31 for spA...?
i thought the highest you can get was all 31/31/31/29/31/31
let me know guys since I think this guy is lying -_-;

Hex flawless (31/31/31/31/31/31) can ONLY happen for a caught Pokemon if Modest, Timid, Calm or Docile (correct this one?). If it's hex flawless and ISN'T one of those natures, it's hacked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)