[Standard] Romance of the Three Mafia - Game Over! jigglypuffers42/wickdaggler win

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Approved by Earthworm.

_____Many capable men responded to the call to arms against the Yellow Scarf Rebellion. Against such strong and brave heroes, the Scarves were pushed back. When rumours that their leader, Zhang Jue, had died of illness began to spread, the rebels were quickly routed. However, the rebellion was merely a symptom of a greater disease. The Ten Regular Attendants still controlled the court, and with the death of Emperor Ling they controlled the heir to the throne.

_____He Jin, who had led the efforts against rebellion so few years prior, wept as he faced the state of the Han Dynasty. His heart heavy and his willpower wavering, the eunuchs lade a trap and had him assassinated. Hearing news of this, two great men under He Jin’s command stormed the palace with their army and slew the eunuchs. However, it was not the noble Yuan Shao to reach the child emperor, but the pompous and corrupt Dong Zhuo. Protected by the fearsome warrior Lu Bu, Dong Zhuo executed the young emperor in favor of his younger brother.

_____So began a reign of terror the likes of which had not been seen in centuries. Dong Zhuo raided whole villages, sacking them for their valuables and executed all who spoke against him. With the Mandate of Heaven, Dong Zhuo could use the voice of emperor to influence any vote during the day. In order to rescue the emperor and gain the mandate for their own use, Dong Zhuo would have to be slain. Yuan Shao possessed a powerful army, but his stubborn pride and his unwillingness to listen to his best advisors meant that he stood alone. He needed allies, and many veterans of the rebellion rose to the occasion, if only seeking the emperor’s power for themselves.

_____One of these men was Cao Cao, the son of a eunuch. During the rebellion he raised an army to fight it, and afterwards spent his time unifying the northern plains. As such, among his peers he possessed the most land and hired the most capable officers. His son would eventually be declared emperor of the Wei Dynasty, referred to by scholars today as Cao Wei. Cao Cao was not a man of corruption and decadence as Dong Zhuo, but his tactical and political prowess combined with great ambition would one day pose a much greater evil. In his own words, “I would rather let the world down, than have the world let me down”.

_____Liu Bei was a peasant, and a distant relative of the emperor. He took an oath of brotherhood with two ruffians, and formed a small militia to fight against the Scarves. Though his forces were small and he was not held in much esteem, he truly wept to see the emperor in such abuse. His loyalty to the Han and his liberal treatment of the people would eventually lead to the founding of the Shu Han Dynasty. Cao Cao once said of Liu Bei, “There are only two heroes in this era, you and I”.

_____Sun Quan, a descendant of Sun Tzu himself, was not even an adult during the rebellion. His father Sun Jian fought the Scarves, and after his death his older brother Sun Ce rebuilt the kingdom than the Sun family had once held. This territory would become the foundation of the Eastern Wu Dynasty. Being near so many rivers and the coast, Sun Quan’s army was made up largely of pirates and other brigands. Sun Quan desired to expand the base of power that his family had earned, and he lusted after more land.

_____Cao Wei, Shu Han, Eastern Wu, Yuan Shao. Though their motives different and their ultimate goals in conflict, they would have to unite against the threat of Dong Zhuo, if only to gain the Mandate of Heaven. For whoever controls the emperor controls the Middle Kingdom, and all the known world.

You'd do well to pay attention to my story posts, as they'll reveal important information. Because it is extremely important, I'll explain the above in greater detail. Cao Wei is the village, Shu Han and Eastern Wu are the mafia.

Currently, a neutral named Dong Zhuo possesses the Mandate of Heaven. This allows him to post anonymous lynch targets and he gets additional votes. You can take the Mandate of Heaven from another player by killing them, and the Mandate will transfer to your faction's leader. If the holder of the Mandate is lynched, Cao Wei gains the Mandate.

Each faction leader, in addition to a neutral named Yuan Shao, is also that faction's Alliance Maker. The Alliance Maker system allows factions to cooperate anonymously, and if the current Alliance Maker dies the function will be passed on to someone else in their faction.

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, even if you are mafia and on the same team. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

1.5. There may or may not be abilities that contradict this rule, but you may not fake claim them.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0 unless they are mafia on the same team, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "anything USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of 3 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update). The game will start on Night 0, there are no deaths on N0.

4.5. If there's a tie, both users with the highest amount of votes will be lynched, but no lynch will take place the next day.

5. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it MUCH easier to handle. Remember that PMs are to be sent to vonFiedler.

5.5. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

6. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

7. This game does not feature items.

8. This is not Dynasty Warriors Mafia. Some playable characters in Dynasty Warriors are absent, and some people who are not playable in Dynasty Warriors are present. Do not say “That claim is fake because that’s not a Dynasty Warrior”.

9. Some of the role PMs have little flavor and some have alot. I gave up on consistency after only three role PMs were finished. Also, I make mistakes. Don’t take a spelling or grammar error as proof of a fake claim.

10. Inspectors are sane, but there is a mole in this game.

11. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, but I will be a strict fuck about this.

12. Be careful who you trust. This should go without saying really.

13. Share with me any spreadsheets or IRC channels you make.

Players Alive
badalcristiano
Fatecrashers
jigglypuffers42
Phantasia

Players Dead
dogfish44 - Zhuge Liang, Inspector for Shu Han
Died of old age on Day 1
hailflameblast - Sun Quan, Negative Mayor/Leader of Eastern Wu
Stabbed by Xiahou Dun on Day 2
Game Freak201 - Dian Wei, Martyr for Cao Wei
Unsolved murder Night 2

zorbees - Guan Yu, Super Martyr for Shu Han
Executed by poison arrow on Day 3
Alchemator - Zhou Yu, Alliance Breaker of Eastern Wu
Commited suicide on Day 4
assassinfred - Zhao Yun, Resuscitator for Shu Han
Exorcised on Day 5
yeti - Cai Mao, Hooker for Cao Wei
Executed as a result of defection ploy on Night 5

BLUEBERRY BITCH - Zhang Fei, Kidnapper for Shu Han
Killed in battle by Zhang Liao on Day 6
Terrador14 - Zhou Tai, Bodyguard for Eastern Wu
Suicide by head pounding on Day 6
Insomniac. - Zhang He, Reverse Martyr for Cao Wei
Spontaneously ripped in twain on Day 6

Quagsires - Yuan Shao, Kidnapper/Inspector/Leader Wolf
Killed by Zhang Liao during the Battle of Chengdu on Night 6
Thoughts - Gan Ning, Hooker for Eastern Wu
Captured during the Battle of Chengdu on Day 7
coolking49 - Li Dian, Bodyguard for Cao Wei
Commited suicide then exploded on Day 7
Hydrattler - Sima Yi, Super Mayor for Cao Wei
Killed in open city plot on Night 7
Fangren - Xiahou Dun, Rogue for Cao Wei
Struck down by Lu Bu on Night 7
Aura Guardian - Xiahou Yuan, Inspector for Cao Wei
Handed himself in to the Emperor on Day 8
Afroninja22 - Lu Bu, Wolf ally of Dong Zhuo
Killed by magic on Night 8
-TheLucarioEffect- - Dong Zhuo, Redirector and Holder of the Mandate
Killed by a platoon of handmaidens on Night 8

wickdaggler - Cao Cao, Mayor/Silencer thrall of Zhang Jue.
Struck down by Zhang Liao on Night 8
polelover44 - Liu Bei, Persuader/Leader of Shu Han
Rebellion put down on Day 9
King Emerald - Sun Ren, Mole of Eastern Wu
Starcrossed on Night 9

N0 Ends in 48 hours, 3:00 AM Friday GMT -7.

EDIT: All role PMs have been sent. If you have not gotten one, please tell me.

The IRC channel is #ROTK.

Also, you guys can find pretty much anything you need to fake role PMs on Wikipedia and on Kongming's Archives.

good luck to all. sounds like fun. Reading up about whatever game this was. Also, this is like the same player list as NOC :). 900 posts to go, eh boys?

edit: oh wait, this isnt based of a video game. I dont think

edit 2: its a book.

edit 3: so there are two nuetrals, shou and zhou, right?

Also, this is like the same player list as NOC :)
-TheLucarioEffect-
Afroninja22
Alchemator
assassinfred
Aura Guardian
badalcristiano
coolking49
dogfish44
Fangren
Fatecrashers
Hailflameblast
Hydrattler
Icecoolblue
Insomniac
jigglypuffers42
KakashisKittyxxx
King Emerald
Phantasia
polelover44

Quagsires
Raverist
Wakaka
Wickdaggler

Yeti
zorbees
Yeah, cookie cutter NOC.

you didnt count A_G. Anyways, most of the memorable people from NOC. Alch the spy, quagsire the mafia boss, yeti and assasin fred, the two long standing villagers, the vig (me), the cardflip (raverist) and the guy who claimed BG as he was being lynched. And the host. THe only important people not there were the inspectors and rouge. No veed, you dont count.

you know, it would be so much easier if we made all the chinese names english.

Many capable men responded to the call to arms against the Yellow Scarf Rebellion. Against such strong and brave heroes, the Scarves were pushed back. When rumours that their leader, Zach Joe, had died of illness began to spread, the rebels were quickly routed. However, the rebellion was merely a symptom of a greater disease. The Ten Regular Attendants still controlled the court, and with the death of Emperor Lan they controlled the heir to the throne.

_____Heath Jenkin, who had led the efforts against rebellion so few years prior, wept as he faced the state of the Hanley Dynasty. His heart heavy and his willpower wavering, the eunuchs lade a trap and had him assassinated. Hearing news of this, two great men under Heath Jenkin’s command stormed the palace with their army and slew the eunuchs. However, it was not the noble Juan Shane to reach the child emperor, but the pompous and corrupt Donald Leon. Protected by the fearsome warrior Lloyd Bo, Donald Leon executed the young emperor in favor of his younger brother.

_____So began a reign of terror the likes of which had not been seen in centuries. Donals Leon raided whole villages, sacking them for their valuables and executed all who spoke against him. With the Mandate of Heaven, Donald Leon could use the voice of emperor to influence any vote during the day. In order to rescue the emperor and gain the mandate for their own use, Donald Leon would have to be slain. Juan Shanepossessed a powerful army, but his stubborn pride and his unwillingness to listen to his best advisors meant that he stood alone. He needed allies, and many veterans of the rebellion rose to the occasion, if only seeking the emperor’s power for themselves.

_____One of these men was Carl Carl, the son of a eunuch. During the rebellion he raised an army to fight it, and afterwards spent his time unifying the northern plains. As such, among his peers he possessed the most land and hired the most capable officers. His son would eventually be declared emperor of the Wayne Dynasty, referred to by scholars today as Carl Wayne. Carl Carl was not a man of corruption and decadence as Donald Leon, but his tactical and political prowess combined with great ambition would one day pose a much greater evil. In his own words, “I would rather let the world down, than have the world let me down”.

_____Liam Ben was a peasant, and a distant relative of the emperor. He took an oath of brotherhood with two ruffians, and formed a small militia to fight against the Scarves. Though his forces were small and he was not held in much esteem, he truly wept to see the emperor in such abuse. His loyalty to the Lan and his liberal treatment of the people would eventually lead to the founding of the Lan Shulaw Dynasty. Carl Carl once said of Liam Ben, “There are only two heroes in this era, you and I”.

_____Sam Juan, a descendant of Sam Moore himself, was not even an adult during the rebellion. His father Sam Liam fought the Scarves, and after his death his older brother Sun Ce rebuilt the kingdom than the Sun family had once held. This territory would become the foundation of the Eastern Ward Dynasty. Being near so many rivers and the coast, Sam Juan’s army was made up largely of pirates and other brigands. Sam Juan desired to expand the base of power that his family had earned, and he lusted after more land.

_____Carl Wayne, Lan Shulaw, Eastern Ward, Juan Shane. Though their motives different and their ultimate goals in conflict, they would have to unite against the threat of Donald Leon, if only to gain the Mandate of Heaven. For whoever controls the emperor controls the Middle Kingdom, and all the known world.

I'm sorry, I couldnt find a replacement for zhao, so I used leon. Sue me.

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I approve, though instead of Donald Leon it should just be left as BIG DONG JSH-WHO-OH imo

E: People in #ROTK when I was there will get this.

1. Whilst you are alive you can talk to anyone about the game. Once you are dead you cannot talk to anyone about the game, even if you are mafia and on the same team. Knowledge acquired after death cannot be transferred from a dead player to a living player.

1.5. There may or may not be abilities that contradict this rule, but you may not fake claim them.

2. Every user has a role PM. Role PMs may not be shown to other users on Night 0 unless they are mafia on the same team, but starting from Day 1 onwards they may be freely distributed. Screenshotting of all forms is banned. If anyone finds a person encouraging others to take screenshots or taking screenshots and showing other people, please be sure to report it.
^ THIS RULE RIGHT HERE

3. You can paste things told to you by the host. You may fake logs. Do not take pasting of a host conversation as definite proof, these can be faked. If you want to fake a log, feel free to PM one of the hosts for assistance. Impersonation of a host or another user however, is banned at all points. Please do not attempt to impersonate in any way.

4. Each day will have a deadline of 48 hours. You may vote to lynch users during the day by posting "anything USER" in bold, or "No lynch" if you don't want to lynch anyone (lynch votes will not count if they're not in the correct format!), and if you change your vote, you MUST edit the bolded text out of the old post if you post with a new vote. Once there is a majority as determined by the host, there will be a grace period of 3 hours, and if the majority is still in place after said grace period, the day will end. Please don't ask about when a majority is reached - once it's time for the day to end, it'll end (provided a host is there to update). The game will start on Night 0, there are no deaths on N0.

4.5. If there's a tie, both users with the highest amount of votes will be lynched, but no lynch will take place the next day.

5. Each night will have a deadline of 48 hours. This gives you 48 hours to send your night action. Please state what you are doing in the PM title, it makes it MUCH easier to handle. Remember that PMs are to be sent to vonFiedler.

5.5. If you're not going to do anything at night, send a PM titled "Night X - idling". This makes keeping track of things easier and informs me that you're still playing the game.

6. Priorities have been decided beforehand and will not be revealed.

7. This game does not feature items.

8. This is not Dynasty Warriors Mafia. Some playable characters in Dynasty Warriors are absent, and some people who are not playable in Dynasty Warriors are present. Do not say “That claim is fake because that’s not a Dynasty Warrior”.

9. Some of the role PMs have little flavor and some have alot. I gave up on consistency after only three role PMs were finished. Also, I make mistakes. Don’t take a spelling or grammar error as proof of a fake claim.

10. Inspectors are sane, but there is a mole in this game.

11. Only sign up if you know you're going to be at least fairly active. If I notice that you seem to be idle, I reserve the right to have you forcefully subbed out if necessary. I'll most likely nudge first, but I will be a strict fuck about this.

12. Be careful who you trust. This should go without saying really.

13. Share with me any spreadsheets or IRC channels you make.

Actually I think he did??

also I'd like to get on IRC with a few people from the village in about 3 hours from now, so if anyone's interested in talking to me, I'll be on #ROTK

wickdaggler you lost the argument because you are STUPID :O

Well I'll be watching this mafia close because it looks cool and actually has a decent player list!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)