Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

I have constantly seen people reference suspect tests where Groudon and/or Kyogre were used at level 1 in standard and still found to be broken with their abilities Drought and Drizzle. Can someone please show me where the suspect test actually happened, if it happened at all?

You gained 8 HP EVs and 2 Atk EVs. However, if you already had 255 HP EVs, you gained only 2 Atk EVs. Keep in mind when using a berry to reduce EVs, the first berry reduces your EV count in a particular stat to 100 if the amount is above 100, after that each berry reduces it by 10.
Thanks. :)

So is this right..?

I was EV Training a Kingdra with 180 HP / 252 ATT / 76 SPE.

I used 10 Protein, 10 HP UP, and 7 Carbos.

Giving 100 ATT / 100 HP / 70 SPE.

I then beat 3 Starleys with PokeRus = 6 SPE Points Totaling Speed @ 76.

Then I beat 8 Bidoofs with PokeRus + HP Power Item = 80 Points Totaling 180 HP.

Then I made the mistake of beating 1 Machop with the HP Power Item and PokeRus giving me the spread.

188 HP / 102 ATT / 66 SPE.

Then I battled another 15 Machops with PokeRus + Attack Power Item maxing Attack out.

Giving me:

188 HP / 246 ATT / and 76 SPE.

Is this correct?

If so all I need to do is use 1 Pomeg Berry to reduce HP EV's from 188 back to 100.

Battle 3 Machops with Just PokeRus = 6 EV's.
Battle 8 Bidoofs with PokeRus + HP Power Item = 80 EV's.

What a headache >.>, Is this correct?

Thanks. :)

So is this right..?

I was EV Training a Kingdra with 180 HP / 252 ATT / 76 SPE.

I used 10 Protein, 10 HP UP, and 7 Carbos.

Giving 100 ATT / 100 HP / 70 SPE.

I then beat 3 Starleys with PokeRus = 6 SPE Points Totaling Speed @ 76.

Then I beat 8 Bidoofs with PokeRus + HP Power Item = 80 Points Totaling 180 HP.

Then I made the mistake of beating 1 Machop with the HP Power Item and PokeRus giving me the spread.

188 HP / 102 ATT / 66 SPE.

Then I battled another 15 Machops with PokeRus + Attack Power Item maxing Attack out.

Giving me:

188 HP / 246 ATT / and 76 SPE.

Is this correct?

If so all I need to do is use 1 Pomeg Berry to reduce HP EV's from 188 back to 100.

Battle 3 Machops with Just PokeRus = 6 EV's.
Battle 8 Bidoofs with PokeRus + HP Power Item = 80 EV's.

What a headache >.>, Is this correct?
Yes, you are correct, but I would do the Attack training first so you don't have to worry about going over on HP again

I have constantly seen people reference suspect tests where Groudon and/or Kyogre were used at level 1 in standard and still found to be broken with their abilities Drought and Drizzle. Can someone please show me where the suspect test actually happened, if it happened at all?
I remember there was something like that in CAP when an auto-weather ability was being contemplated (for pyroak iirc). I don't know the details, but if it was done by CAP then it was a test done by a relatively small community. There has never been an equivalent of the suspect ladder for low-leveled kyogre and groudon... There might have been a tournament or too also, but that doesn't mean much.

Originally Posted by Fat JeffreyLebowski
I received an egg in a trade. When it hatches, it shows the shiny sprite. When I check it again, it has a normal sprite. Is this possible legally? Is this a glitch? Maybe something to do with the trade, like shiny manaphy?
It's possible, but I forget how exactly. I think it happens if it *would* have been shiny on the game the egg originated from.
This is correct

Originally Posted by Fat Zacchaeus
1) What is the Limbo tier for? Is it for temporary placement when a Pokémon is added to the game before tiering is decided?

2) Will the same tiering system be used for generation 5? (Uber, OU, UU, NU)
Limbo isn't really a tier, but a placeholder for when it's unclear which tier a suspect is in during a suspect test. I think it was used in stage 3, and a couple times for the uu suspect tests.

Yes, the same Uber, OU, BL, UU, [BL2], NU tiering system will likely be used. It has been for every generation so far, the only difference might be a tier below nu added.

i have always been a fan of baton passing but you could do Thunder, Solarbeam, Fireblast, Blizzard with a wide lens just for the lawlz or you could use the transform one thats somewhere in here.

This an OU question, don't refer me to the Ubers thread.

I am working on a set for a Garchomp I was planning to use in 5th Gen (OU), and was wondering if dropping 16 Speed EV's was viable, since I'd still outspeed Base 100's and nothing has a speed of 329-332. (It is SDYache Btw)

supermarth64

Here I stand in the light of day
is a Contributor Alumnus
Might as well go max Speed to tie opposing Garchomp (if it becomes OU). The 16 Speed EVs won't help you live any hits.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I agree. 16 EVs in HP or any of its defenses won't make a difference in Garchomp, and you might as well go on a ball and defeat Jirachi, Zapdos, opposing Garchomp, Salamence, and Flygon while keepig a steady amount of bulk.

To rub salt in the wounds:

Choice Specs Espeon Timid Psychic versus 4 HP Garchomp: 70.7% - 83.2%
Choice Specs Espeon Timid Psychic versus 16 HP Garchomp: 70.1% - 82.5%

Life Orb Jolteon Timid HP Ice versus 4 HP Garchomp w/Yache Berry: 57% - 67%
Life Orb Jolteon Timid HP Ice versus 16 HP Garchomp w/Yache Berry: 56.5% - 66.5%

Nope, you're not surviving anything significant.

I assume you're utilizing Mew. Both are equally effective depending on what your team needs. If Mew is not supported by Sleep, you can use Hypnosis, but it has 60% accuracy, so you're gonna have to be careful on that one. If you're playing by the Sleep Clause, Reflect and Light Screen are both more long-term than the inaccurate Hypnosis. Personally, I'd rather support the team long-term and not use a near flip-coin chance of crippling another Pokemon. Hypnosis and other sleep movesis better left to sweeping Pokemon such as Persian and Darkrai.

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
First use: 100%
Second Use: 50%
Third Use: 10%
Fourth Use: Presumably Fail

It's never worth using more then twice and rarely that often.

ok, i need a very fast pokemon, with fairly good defensive capabil;ities that can learn roar or whirlwind and work well with a stall team, prefferably can learn perhaps subsitute or somethin as well, any ideas??

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
ok, i need a very fast pokemon, with fairly good defensive capabil;ities that can learn roar or whirlwind and work well with a stall team, prefferably can learn perhaps subsitute or somethin as well, any ideas??

Edit: If it could learn leech seed that be great too
Drapion has base 95 speed, has 70/110/75 defenses which is not bad at all, learns both roar and whirlwind, can learn substitute, and functions well on a stall team as it can lay out toxic spikes AND absorb any toxic spikes on your side of the field that will otherwise give you trouble.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)