Ask a simple question, get a simple answer - mark 24 (READ THE OP)

Since the Little Cup EV spreads don't total up to 510 (or 508, for that matter), does this mean that there is some leeway as to IVs? To clarify, could you end up with the same stats of a 31/31/31/31/31/31 IV spread if you had less-than-perfect IVs but invested more EVs in the imperfectly-IV'd stats since there are "leftover" EVs from the spreads?

Also, is there any "uber" version of the Little Cup where you can use banned Pokémon like Scyther, Misdreavus, Deepseatooth Clamperl, etc.?

Can somebody explain (hidden) hex values to me? If you hack a Pokémon, do you have to give it specific hex values for it to pass a Nintendo/VGC hack check?

I have a question regarding the Pokemon Diamond Battle Tower.

Once I have beaten the 7th Round and the Second Tower Tycoon, will all Pokemon onwards only be the Pokemon listed from 895 to 950 on the following list:

http://www.smogon.com/ingame/bt/dp_bt_pokemon

Meaning I will only encounter Legendary Pokemon?
According to that list, yes. But keep in mind, "legendary" and "good" are not the same thing, just because they're all legendary doesn't exactly mean it will be much more difficult

That's a bummer.

No wonder why my Latias preformed crappy then I thought. :(

Anything else that doesn't work in the Battle Tower?
You can't use Mewtwo, Mew, Lugia, Ho-oh, Celebi, Kyogre, Groudon, Rayquaza, Jirachi, Deoxys, Deoxys formes, Rotom formes, Dialga, Palkia, Giratina, Giratina-O, Shaymin, Shaymin-S, Phione, Manaphy, or Spiky Eared Pichu. Keep in mind Rotom and Pichu are still legal

Whens the retiering. I'm getting bored.
That's nice.

Major "Retiering" probably won't happen anymore for 4th gen, if I'm right, because 5th gen is right on our heels.
Maybe some things like BL Pokemon being deemed OU or UU.

Speaking of tier changes, does anyone know where I could find a sort of history of any and all tier changes (EX: 2/8/09, Yanmega is now BL) obviously thats not true but you get the general idea.

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
According to that list, yes. But keep in mind, "legendary" and "good" are not the same thing, just because they're all legendary doesn't exactly mean it will be much more difficult
Actually, the pokemon from the next tier down will also be allowed (you can see it says "21 onwards", so it will not just be legendaries.

Are berries like Cutsap, Micle, etc allowed in Smogon battles now, now that they have been given away in events?

Which special berries are allowed and which aren't, to be specific?

Does sweet scent have effect in Pal Park?
Whens the retiering. I'm getting bored.
Well, if you're bored, completely ignore the metagame like the team I'm testing on shoddy. For example, I'm using a choice banded ninjask and a swords dance skarmory.

Are berries like Cutsap, Micle, etc allowed in Smogon battles now, now that they have been given away in events?

Which special berries are allowed and which aren't, to be specific?
I don't really get your question. I think what you're thinking of are Jaboca and Rowap berries, which are still illegal outside of Extended Clause. Custap and Micle have always been legal, just some berries aren't programmed on Shoddy.

I don't really get your question. I think what you're thinking of are Jaboca and Rowap berries, which are still illegal outside of Extended Clause. Custap and Micle have always been legal, just some berries aren't programmed on Shoddy.
Oooh.
Alright, I though Cutsap and Micle weren't allowed either, since they could only be received through events too.

Thanks for the answer, youve given me an idea for an [maybe] original moveset!

If I were to make a "shop" that offers graphics and whatnot for the trade threads, can I post it in the wifi section? (You'd have to pay in credits)

I've been looking into Ev training for a while, but there's one question I can't answer from looking at guides... I have a Scyther, and I equipped an Exp. Share on him, and now he's level 20. Does this mean I can't EV train properly now? I've had that Share on him straight out of the egg, and he hasn't actually switched into a battle.

I have three questions.

1) Do EVs increase stats, or just the amount of stats you gain on level up?
2) Does Exp. Share share any EVs? No one has answered this, I'm afraid it's either a stupid question or a given yes.
3) With the Scyther, due to Scizor having a much lower speed, is it a good idea to train as a Scyther for the speed? Or will it be converted upon evolution to Scizor's superior Attack stat?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I want to get a competitive team up and running as soon as possible.

I'm pretty sure it would be better in smeargle's studio, though I do believe someone made a thread which gave out banners for pokemon. Otherwise just post around the wifi forum with the fact that you make banners in your sig. People will notice and come to you.

I've been looking into Ev training for a while, but there's one question I can't answer from looking at guides... I have a Scyther, and I equipped an Exp. Share on him, and now he's level 20. Does this mean I can't EV train properly now? I've had that Share on him straight out of the egg, and he hasn't actually switched into a battle.

I have two questions.

2) Does Exp. Share share any EVs? No one has answered this, I'm afraid it's either a stupid question or a given yes.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, I want to get a competitive team up and running as soon as possible.
EVs increase your stat totals. Whenever a Pokémon receives experience in a battle, it receives EVs as well, so if you want to EV train that Scyther, you would need a good amount of EV reducing berries to get rid of any EVs you don't want

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm pretty sure it would be better in smeargle's studio, though I do believe someone made a thread which gave out banners for pokemon. Otherwise just post around the wifi forum with the fact that you make banners in your sig. People will notice and come to you.
Smeargle's Studio already has a Banner/Avatar request thread stickied up the top, so making a separate thread there for your banners isn't the best idea since it will likely get locked.

I have three questions.

3) With the Scyther, due to Scizor having a much lower speed, is it a good idea to train as a Scyther for the speed? Or will it be converted upon evolution to Scizor's superior Attack stat?

1) EVs increase the amount of total stats a Pokémon will have. Think of them as a bonus for your Pokémon's hard work.
2) I've tested this myself and Exp. Share does share the EVs. However, if your Pokémon has Pokérus, the EVs it gets from the Exp. Share will not double. :(
3) If you train your Scyther in Speed, it will keep the EV bonuses as a Scizor. The overall speed will go down upon evolution, but it will still keep any speed training you gave it as a Scyther. So say you put in enough EVs to give your Scyther top speed. It'll evolve into a Scizor with top speed as well.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)