Smogon Shoddy Server Statistics - August 2010

Staraptor is really an underrated threat. 85/70 defense isn't that bad, especially with Intimidate, and it has perfect coverage (minus Rotom) with Return/Brave Bird/Close Combat. That leaves the 4th slot open for Roost/U-Turn, both of which work well with Spin support.

guys, ever look at the very bottom of the statistics and see what kind of bullshit is used in one battle in the month? I know it's only one use, but why the fuck would those guys even see that one use? I just find it odd is all.

And why did more people lead with Magikarp than Garchomp? O_O

Magikarp still goin strong huh. Not too sure about a chomp lead...

EDIT: Ninja'd
DOUBLE EDIT: 100 post lol

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
guys, ever look at the very bottom of the statistics and see what kind of bullshit is used in one battle in the month? I know it's only one use, but why the fuck would those guys even see that one use? I just find it odd is all.

And why did more people lead with Magikarp than Garchomp? O_O
A lot of people tend to fuck around in Ubers, especially with leads.

Staraptor is really an underrated threat. 85/70 defense isn't that bad, especially with Intimidate, and it has perfect coverage (minus Rotom) with Return/Brave Bird/Close Combat. That leaves the 4th slot open for Roost/U-Turn, both of which work well with Spin support.
If I used LO Staraptor, I don't really see much reason to use Return. Return doesn't really offer anything other than a neutral hit against Zapdos. For many other things, I think Quick Attack would be more useful to at least finish off severely weakened Pokemon who are faster. I'd rather go Roost instead of U-Turn, because Staraptor takes so much residual damage from LO, Sand, Brave Bird, and Stealth Rock if you don't have a Spinner, and sometimes the opponent would bring in a priority user to finish off what could have been a weakened Pokemon.
Zapdos can still be dealt with by Tyranitar, who also deals with Rotom.

few now use salamence in uber. metagross and lucario are used more than him. but he does have higher speed than raqyquaza and when used with him, for and effe3ctive startergy. anyway, thanks doug

Lickilicky should be seeing more usage, only 0.42 percent . It is an excellent and unexpected wallbreaker. Thanks for the stats Doug, will definitely used when making my next team.

...When is Heatran going down.

When there will be a Ground Priority move.

Or you just trick Choice Band onto it.

Staraptor used to be totally overshadowed by Salamence, and still is kinda overshadowed by Gyarados, but is now a great Pokemon, especially in the new metagame with fewer Steels to resist its attacks.

AccidentalGreed

Sweet and bitter as chocolate.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Staraptor fares decently well in the OU metagame; Machamp fears Brave Bird, and few Pokemon resist Fighting/Flying type coverage. Problem Pokemon are Infernape and Starmie and Jolteon, so a pivot for them will suffice. Recently, a Life Orb Staraptor has gone on site as well. Surprisingly effective.

Also, Magikarp? At least have the dignity to use Luvdisc :P I mean, look at it. It has higher stats, Swift Swim with higher speed to abuse it, learns everything Magikarp does, and more movepool than it.

Staraptor fares decently well in the OU metagame; Machamp fears Brave Bird, and few Pokemon resist Fighting/Flying type coverage. Problem Pokemon are Infernape and Starmie and Jolteon, so a pivot for them will suffice. Recently, a Life Orb Staraptor has gone on site as well. Surprisingly effective.

Also, Magikarp? At least have the dignity to use Luvdisc :P I mean, look at it. It has higher stats, Swift Swim with higher speed to abuse it, learns everything Magikarp does, and more movepool than it.
If you're using Magikarp, you either don't CARE about competitive value, or you want to use the weakest Pokemon you can find.

I am anxious for seing how of used is Heracross in UU, but i can understand if the September stats were canceled/delayed for the release of B&W.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)