Planning not to fail! - An OU Warstory

- A little introduction -

In these days, before the school begins, I’m playing at least 2 hours a day. I'm doing really a lot of battles, and I'm trying any sort of team. One day, I was trying a Gyarados based team, nothing so original, when I had a great battle, full of mindgame. At the end of the battle, I saved the log and I decided to write a warstory. I didn’t know neither my opponent nor his team, so my thought process was entirely based on suppositions. That’s why I’m not going to show you the opposing team, for now. I think we both played very well and did some good prediction. Enjoy!

fang ling.'s moves will look like this.
point's moves will look like this. (if anyone [all of you probably] didn't know it, this is my shoddy name)
Leftovers will be removed.
Nicknames will be removed.
Sandstorm/hail damage will be removed.
Scores will be shown after each KO.

My commentary will be in blue.

Rules:
-Ladder Match
-Sleep Clause
-Freeze Clause
-OHKO Clause
-Evasion Clause
-Species Clause
-Strict Damage Clause

fang ling. sent out Metagross.
point sent out Metagross.

Woah, mirror match! Metagross... Well, I've just learned that probably fang ling. is using an offensive team: Metagross is lead when you have to set-up stealth rock immediately and then explode. My Metagross is a classic leadgross (@ Lum berry, stealth rock, earthquake, bullet punch, explosion), but I don't know if his has earthquake or meteor mash. In case it is faster than me and both of us decide to use earthquake, I would be forced to switch and I wouldn't get the opportunity to set my rocks up. In any case, a single earthquake can't ohko me, so I decide to set immediately the floating rocks and see what happens.
---

Begin turn #1

Metagross used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
Metagross lost 53% of its health.
Metagross used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

vs

Metagross (point) - 47%
Metagross (fang ling.) - 100%

Well, the match didn’t begin as I expected. 1-0 to him, damn.

So, apparently we have the same moveset, uh. Is it faster? Or it just won a speed tie? Anyways, now he can either set up his rocks too or try to kill me with another earthquake and set them later. I don’t want to sacrifice my metal spider, since his Explosion it’s something that has often helped me in the mid game; that's why I choose to send in Rotom, that is immune to earthquake and can take all metagross attacks.
---

Begin turn #2

point switched in Rotom-h.
Metagross used Stealth Rock.
Pointed stones float in the air around the foe's team!

vs

Rotom-h – 100%
Metagross - 100%

I send in Rotom for free, but he has: 1) weakened my Metagross; 2) set the Rocks up; 3) kept his Metagross on 100%. As you can see, we’re 2 – 0. Could things go worst than this?! Fortunately now I’m in an obvious advantage: Metagross can’t touch me, so I’m pretty sure he’s going to send something to absorb a Will-o-Wisp or a Shadow Ball. My Rotom is scarfed, with max spatk and max speed, so it should be able to do some solid damage to anything is going to switch with its STAB Thunderbolt, unless my opponent decides to send a ground Pokemon (that is really unlikely… who would send a Flygon or another ground on a probable Will-O-Wisp?) or Blissey. So let’s Thunderbolt something!
---

Begin turn #3

fang ling. switched in Heatran.
Pointed stones dug into Heatran.
Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Rotom-h used Thunderbolt.
Heatran lost 47% of its health.
Heatran is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

vs

Rotom-h – 100%
Heatran - 41% (par)

Well, luck is by my side apparently! And now we’re 2 – 1!
Well, seeing the great amount of damage I did and the lack of Leftovers recovery, I can assume it’s a Scarftran A Paralyzed one, luckily. I’ve got two options now: I could keep using Thunderbolt, since I know I’m faster thanks to the paralysis, and KO Heatran, assuming he decide sto sacrifice it (it’s a paralyzed Scarftran after all!);or I could switch, predicting a ground or an electric Pokemon, which would enter to absorb my Thunderbolt. In this way I could give a free switch-in to one of my sweepers. I choose the second option: I don’t think that my opponent would let his Pokemon die so easily. But once again I have two choices: I could send my Choice Band Snorlax, predicting a Rotom, or Starmie, predicting a ground. I choose to send Starmie for two reasons: 1) I was scared of Flygon. Flygon is one of Heatran common teammates and with the Stealth Up is very threatening since my Gyarados is an offensive one, and Rotom too. If I send Starmie I can force him to U-Turn, and it would be better than an Earthquake or an Outrage. 2) I don’t want to reveil my Choice Band Snorlax. Its job is to Pursuit to death the eventual opponent’s Rotom, allowing Gyarados to sweep.
So well, go, Starmie!
---

Begin turn #4

fang ling. switched in Gliscor.
Pointed stones dug into Gliscor.
Gliscor lost 12% of its health.
point switched in Starmie.
Pointed stones dug into Starmie.
Starmie lost 12% of its health.

vs

Gliscor - 94%
Starmie - 88%

Phew, it goes right. 2 – 2, I can’t believe that! But now it’s time to think again. My opponent has revealed three Pokemon (Metagross, Heatran and now Gliscor): none of these can take 2 Life Orb’d Surf from my star. I’m sure he won’t let Gliscor die, obviously; I’m thinking about a Blissey, but if he really has one, why didn’t he send it on my Rotom to absorb both Will-O-Wisp or Thunderbolt? But my thoughts are directed to a likely scarf Rotom… If I manage to get it with Snorlax, with this double switch, then both Starmie and Gyarados can sweep without being revenge-killed. I like too much this idea, hoping this won’t breake my “predict chain”…
---

Begin turn #5

fang ling. switched in Metagross.
Pointed stones dug into Metagross.
Metagross lost 6% of its health.
point switched in Snorlax.
Pointed stones dug into Snorlax.
Snorlax lost 12% of its health.

vs

Metagross – 94%
Snorlax – 88%

…that didn’t work out well, as you can see…
I’m facing a Metagross with my Choice Band Snorlax. I guess this isn’t a real prediction, since he didn’t know about my Snorlax, but I have to assign him anyway a prediction point, sigh. 3 – 2.
I still don’t know its entire set, too: I’ve seen Stealth Rock and Earthquake, so I can assume that the other two moves are Explosion and Bullet Punch. I can’t be sure it is not running Meteor Mash, though; but in any case, I’m practically forced to send again Rotom because Metagross can’t scare it neither with the steel attack (Meteor Mash from max atk Metagross does a maximum damage of 39%, so it isn’t a 2HKO even with Stealth Rock on Rotom; therefore, MM is not an OHKO on Snorlax) nor with Explosion (that of course would OHKO Snorlax).
---

Begin turn #6

point switched in Rotom-h.
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-h.
Rotom-h lost 12% of its health.
Metagross used Meteor Mash.
It's not very effective...
Rotom-h lost 39% of its health.

vs

Rotom-h – 49%
Metagross – 94%

At the end he decides to use Meteor Mash. This could let me think that Metagross is not running Explosion. Anyway, it halved my HP, but another hit is not enough to KO me. This means that I can either Will-O-Wisp or Thunderbolt again. I love mindgames :D. I firstly click on Thunderbolt, thinking my opponent could think I wouldn’t do the same move again (lol); then I realize that Metagross could give me some problems as a revengekiller, so I decided to take a risk and Will-O-Wisp, just to make it effectively useless.
---

Begin turn #7

Rotom-h used Will-o-wisp.
Metagross was burned!
Metagross used Meteor Mash.
Rotom-h lost 19% of its health.
Metagross was hurt by its burn!
Metagross lost 12% of its health.

vs

Rotom-h – 30%
Metagross – 82% (burned)

THIS worked out well instead. Sorry man, draw again! 3 – 3! Anyways, a burned Metagross isn’t dangerous, but I don’t really know what to do: it’s possible that he will switch in Heatran, seeing I’m locked into WoW; or it’s possible that he will predict my switch and send a threatening sweeper; or it’s possible that he will keep using Meteor Mash, sacrificing Metagross. I’m temptated to click again on WoW, but it will be too dangerous: a Flash Fired Fire Blast from a max spatk Heatran would deal too much damage, and another Meteor Mash would leave me at low health. So, I decide to play conservatively and switch in Jirachi, assuming he will go with another Meteor Mash.
---

Begin turn #8

fang ling. switched in Scizor.
Pointed stones dug into Scizor.
Scizor lost 12% of its health.
point switched in Jirachi.
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi.
Jirachi lost 6% of its health.

vs

Scizor – 88%
Jirachi – 100%

Great prediction by his side, in my opinion, sending Scizor on a Rotom locked into Will-o-wisp… 4 – 3. My Jirachi, anyway, is running Thunder / Iron Head / Wish / U-Turn, so it has no way to OHKO his Scizor. But obviously he doesn’t know that, and he’s probably thinking about a Fire Punch and, if he didn’t see my Leftovers restoring the Stealth Rock health, a scarfchi. I can use this wrong assumption to my advantage, using U-turn or trying to hit something with Thunder. Apparently, U-turn seems to be the best choice, but the reason that makes me choose Thunder is simple: Fire is resisted by Rock, Dragon, Water and Fire itself. The only OU Rock Pokèmon that could switch is Tyranitar, perhaps, and it surely won’t like being paralyzed by Thunder. The two dragon Pokemon that could switch, instead, are Flygon and Dragonite: I’ve already seen that probably he has no Flygon, otherwise he would’ve sent it on the first Thunderbolt, and Dragonite would be severely damaged by a paralysis, too. The Fire Pokemon could be Heatran, that is probably 2HKOed. Lastly, I’m hoping in a Water Pokemon switch, such as Starmie or Suicune, to do it several damages. The only problem would be Gliscor, that totally walls me and can U-turn back on my switch. But I want to assume some risk and make the battle funnier! =P
---

Begin turn #9

Jirachi used Thunder.
Jirachi's attack missed!

vs

Gliscor – 88%
Jirachi – 100%

Well, the worst move I could ever do. Perfect. My dignity is lower than ever! We’re now 5 – 3, and I have to do something, sigh. At this point, for some strange reason, I’m sure he’s going to Earthquake me. So, I decide to switch in Starmie and threaten it with a STAB Hydro Pump, since I don’t want to lose Jirachi under a shake >_>
---

Begin turn #10

point switched in Starmie.

Pointed stones dug into Starmie.
Starmie lost 12% of its health.
Gliscor used U-turn.
It's super effective!
Starmie lost 44% of its health.

vs

Starmie – 52%
Scizor – 76%

Oh God, what the fuck am I doing? I’m being overpredicted at each turn, and we’re at the score (lol) of 6 – 3. Calm down yourself, point, please. Reorganize your thoughts. Now, you’re facing a Choice Band Scizor and you have a halved-life Life Orb Starmie. Plus, I don’t know why I’m talking to my brain like a mister do with his students, and I feel like an idiot. But I have no time to flatten myself: doing a quick calculation, I discover that a Choice Banded Bullet Punch from a max atk Scizor will deal this damage to my Starmie: 35.49% - 41.6%. This means that if he attacks me with Bullet Punch and I answer with an Hydro Pump, I’ll be left at something like 5%, and I’ll be practically useless. If, otherwise, I Recover on its bullet punch, I’ll get back at something like 60% and I could then switch to take another one. Summarizing all the possibility, they will be:
a) Scizor uses Bullet Punch, and Starmie Hydro Pump. Scizor dies, Starmie is useless. (assuming Hydro Pump doesn’t miss: in that case, Scizor survives and Starmie dies)
b) Scizor uses Bullet Punch and Starmie Recover. Starmie is at 60% health and point switches in Gyarados to take another Bullet Punch.
c) Scizor uses U-turn and Starmie Recover. Goodbye Starmie.
d) Scizor uses U-turn and I switch. I take Stealth Rock and U-turn damages, and I will surely face a counter of my Pokèmon.
e) Scizor use Bullet Punch and I switch in Gyarados. Scizor will be locked and I will be able to set up a Dragon Dance.
f) Scizor uses U-Turn and Starmie Hydro Pump. Goodbye Scizor.
g) Scizor uses Pursuit and I switch. Goodbye Starmie again.
Analyzing them, I decide to play safely. I see Pursuit as the less-likely option, and I see Gyarados as the safest one. So then, I’m just praying God not to let Starmie die!
---

Begin turn #11

point switched in Gyarados.
Gyarados's Intimidate cut Scizor's attack!
Pointed stones dug into Gyarados.
Gyarados lost 25% of its health.
Scizor used Bullet Punch.
A critical hit!
Gyarados lost 31% of its health.

vs

Scizor – 76%
Gyarados – 50%

Pheeeeeeeeeeew, I’m glad all went right. And I’m glad we’re 6 – 4 now, yeah. Gyarados comes in like an HERO, but it got critted and lost half of its life, because of Stealth Rocks too. This means that I’ll stock a maximum of two switch in, after this… unless I manage to restore its HP with Jirachi’s Wish. However, now, none of the Pokemon I’ve seen up to now can stop my Gyarados, so I have to expect a counter. But I have a plan, so let’s Dragon Dance!
---

Begin turn #12

fang ling. switched in Rotom-w.
Pointed stones dug into Rotom-w.
Rotom-w lost 12% of its health.
Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
Gyarados's attack was raised.
Gyarados's speed was raised.

vs

Rotom-w – 88%
Gyarados – 56% (+1 Attack, +1 Speed)

Oh God, I can’t believe it. He really has a Rotom. All is going as planned. Rotom is now forced to Thunderbolt, so I’m free to send Snorlax without fearing a Will-O-Wisp (thanks to the rocks I’ve seen the lack of leftovers, which means this is a scarf rotom, as usual). With the great amount of Snorlax’s HP and its great special defense, it can easily take the hit and answer with a Choice Banded Pursuit. Even if he decides not to switch, Pursuit will deal 51.03% - 60.16%, which means a sure 2HKO. In short, Rotom is practically hopeless, meaning that Gyarados will be free to wipe out the rest of the opposing team after a Dragon Dance.
---

Begin turn #13

point switched in Snorlax.
Pointed stones dug into Snorlax.
Snorlax lost 12% of its health.
Rotom-w used Thunderbolt.
Snorlax lost 25% of its health.

vs

Snorlax – 51%
Rotom-w – 88%

Just as expected, Snorlax obviously takes well the hit and is now ready to shoot!
---

Begin turn #14

Snorlax used Pursuit.
It's super effective!
Rotom-w lost 88% of its health.
fang ling.'s Rotom-w fainted.
(5-6)

vs
(fainted)

Rotom-w - fainted
Snorlax – 51%

He decides to switch, maybe hoping it would’ve survived...? Finally the first kill of the match, and the score goes on 6 – 5! I can do it! I can do it!
However, I think I’ve made an hole in the opponent’s defenses. Now I have to know how to set-up and sweep, since at the next Gyarados switch-in it will be at 30% and so easily revenge-killable by a Quick Attack. My purpose it to wish it with Jirachi, with a combination of Wish + U-Turn. Now let’s see who he’s going to send…
---

He still doesn’t want to show his last Pokemon, and this a problem. It could be a Pokemon that can stop Gyarados from sweeping. Anyway, I obviously can’t keep using Pursuit against a defense monster such as Gliscor. For this reason, I’m almost sure he’s going to u-turn back and keep some momentum, being in an advantageous position. So I decide to send in Metagross –a pretty risky move, I know, not all people would send a Metagross on a Gliscor– to take the u-turn and try to weak, or eventually kill, something, since I’ve already Pursuited the ghost and even Steels take a lot of damages from a 394 Atk Explosion.
---

Begin turn #15

point switched in Metagross.
Gliscor used Earthquake.
It's super effective!
A critical hit!
Metagross lost 41% of its health.
point's Metagross fainted.
(5-5)

vs
(fainted)

Gliscor – 82% and happy
Metagross – fainted and insulting me

Just a perfect prediction, unfortunatOUCH, my Metagross is Bullet Punching me from its Poké Ball >_< I shouldn’t have let it die, I guess. Quickly, the score returns on tie, but the predictions one is now at 7 – 5. Actually, Metagross had already setted the rocks,fortunately, but what I wanted to do was exploding on something . Meh, patience. His Gliscor is still at 82%, so a single not-Dragon-Danced Waterfall won’t be enough to OHKO it. But this is a perfect chance to send Gyarados for free (or almost free, considering the Stealth Rock damage… I should consider Rapid Spin on Starmie >_>).
---

Gyarados's Intimidate cut Gliscor's attack!

Well, Gyarados is now at 31% and his Gliscor is excited because it killed my Metagross. I still haven’t seen his last Pokèmon. Plus, Gliscor is faster than Gyarados, and it won’t let me Dragon Dance so easily: this means that he’s going to Taunt me. I just hope this time I’m predicting right, otherwise my self-esteem would literally evaporate!
---

Begin turn #16

Gliscor used Taunt.
Gyarados fell for the taunt!
Gyarados used Waterfall.
It's super effective!
Gliscor lost 64% of its health.

vs

Gyarados - 37%
Gliscor – 24%

7 – 6! My self-esteem is now kissing and hugging me, and Gyarados is laughing loud, and its muzzle is something like this:

Gliscor is now at low health, and I’m sure he’s going to switch: I could switch and try to kill something with Snorlax, but this wouldn’t make any sense since Gliscor will surely use U-Turn to come back into the Pokèball. Or else, Giscor could choose to Roost off the damages predicting a switch, but even this wouldn’t make any sense because he knows that I know he has U-Turn and so I wouldn’t have any reason to switch. In conclusion, Waterfall is the best choice: it deals several damages to all the Pokemon I’ve seen until now.
---

Begin turn #17

Gliscor used U-turn.
Gyarados lost 5% of its health.
fang ling. switched in Suicune.
Suicune is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Suicune.
Suicune lost 12% of its health.
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Suicune lost 14% of its health.

vs

Gyarados – 38%
Suicune – 80%

Suicune. SUICUNE. Among all the Pokemon he could ever have, why exactly Suicune? *snorting*
Anyway, I’m glad I didn’t switch and I’ve done a few damages to that thing, but now I have to plan something to stop. Well, the first step of my plan is to paralyze it with Jirachi’s Thunder (and why not, weaken it), using its 60% paralyzing chance. Not bad for a metallic star. Therefore, Jirachi’s natural bulkyness should be enough to take one or two calm minded surf, especially because in this turn I learned that Suicune is not holding a Life Orb. If it doesn’t calm mind in this turn it’s even better, then.
---

Begin turn #18

point switched in Jirachi.
Pointed stones dug into Jirachi.
Jirachi lost 6% of its health.
Suicune used Calm Mind.
Suicune's special attack was raised.
Suicune's special defence was raised.

vs

Jirachi – 100%
Suicune – 86% (+1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense)

Well, so he decides to try to sweep. I’m fortunately at full health, so I don’t care about surf, I should be able to resist. Hope Thunder doesn’t miss!
---

Begin turn #19

Suicune used Surf.
Jirachi lost 40% of its health.
Jirachi used Thunder.
It's super effective!
Suicune lost 27% of its health.
Suicune is paralysed! It may be unable to move!

vs

Jirachi – 66%
Suicune – 65% (paralyzed, +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense)

Yes, the first step is done. Thunder didn’t deal such a great amount of damages, but I don’t care: what I do care about is the fact that Surf did under 50%, and this means that I can take another hit and resist at something like 30%. The second step of my plan provides to let enter Snorlax without being 2HKOed by Surf. This means that I have to Wish and switch, hoping it doesn’t get any crit. Now that it is paralyzed I'm also faster than it, meaning that I can U-turn back after the Wish before it kills me.
---

Begin turn #20

Jirachi used Wish.
Jirachi made a wish!
Suicune used Surf.
Jirachi lost 40% of its health.

vs

Jirachi – 32%
Suicune – 71% (paralyzed, +1 Special Attack, +1 Special Defense)

Okay, now let’s do some quick damage calculation. A +1 STAB Surf does 29.5% - 34.7% to my Snorlax, which is now at 51%. After the stealth rock damage, it will be at 39%. So (hell yeah!) this means that there’s no chance it can OHKO me on the switch, and then the wish will come true! and will restore Snorlax’s health, allowing me to shoot a Choice Banded STAB Double-Edge. I could also use Selfdestruct, but Double-Edge has 100% chance of OHKOing it, I think, since it deals 75.07% - 88.26% and the next turn Suicune will be approximately at the same health, because of U-Turn + Leftovers recovery. Anyways, let’s see what happens: go Jirachi, we have to win!
---

Begin turn #21

Jirachi used U-turn.
Scizor lost 7% of its health.

Wh… Wh… What the hell…?! How the hell did he predict I was going to send Snorlax?! I’m a bit impressed now. Maybe he didn’t expect U-Turn, but a sample switch, and he incredibly predicted me and my plan. Or at least I think so. He wouldn’t have had any other reason to switch but predicting Snorlax. This move, however, brought me a huge advantage: I can send whatever I want, and the wish is going to come true restoring my health. It’s not difficult to image now who I’m going to send: it needs a wish, can Intimidate Scizor, and can OHKO or 2HKO all the remaining Pokemons after a Dragon Dance, included a paralyzed and weakened Suicune… Yeah, I’m talking about Gyarados!
---

Begin turn #22

Gyarados's Intimidate cut Scizor's attack!
The wish came true!
Gyarados restored 50% of its health.

vs

Scizor – 57%
Gyarados – 69%

The dragon is now back at good health, and it’s facing an Intimidated Scizor. A single Waterfall can’t OHKO it, but at the same time it actually can’t touch me hardly, being a set-up fodder. That’s why I’m going to Dragon Dance, again, but this time I’m purposeful to sweep.
---

Begin turn #23

Gyarados used Dragon Dance.
Gyarados's attack was raised.
Gyarados's speed was raised.

vs

Gyarados – 75% (+1 Attack, +1 Speed)
Gliscor – 18%

Perfect, that just moved the prediction score on tie again, 7 – 7. I decide now to use Stone Edge instead of Waterfall to prevent a Suicune switch –a pretty risky move, though, because if I miss I could get Toxiced.
---

Begin turn #24

Gyarados used Stone Edge.
Gliscor lost 18% of its health.
fang ling.'s Gliscor fainted.
(4-5)

vs
(fainted)

GliscBYE BYE BATMAN
Gyarados – 81% (+1 Attack, +1 Speed)

Luckily Stone Edge strikes and KOs Gliscor. Now it’s time to face my worst enemy!
---

fang ling. switched in Suicune.
Suicune is exerting its pressure!
Pointed stones dug into Suicune.
Suicune lost 12% of its health.

Begin turn #25

Gyarados used Earthquake.
Suicune lost 34% of its health.

Please don’t OHKO me please don’t please don’t please don’t

Suicune used Hidden Power.
It's super effective!
Gyarados lost 60% of its health.

vs

Gyarados – 21%
Suicune – 31%

Gyarados survived like only real men do, and anwers back with an Earthquake that easily kills Suicune. Now the only problems are the priority users: a not-intimidate Scizor and a burned Metagross. Obviously Scizor it's pretty more dangerous, thanks to its double stab on bullet punch and its being status-less. Let's finish Suicune, now.
---

Begin turn #26

Suicune lost 31% of its health.
fang ling.'s Suicune fainted.
(3-5)

vs
(fainted)

Suicune – DEAD DEAD DEAD
Gyarados – 27%

point: nice battle =)
fang ling.: yea
fang ling.: gg

I'm now at 27%. Bullet Punch damage is 23.78% - 27.83%. This means this is a veeery little chance he manages to kill me. But his Scizor is angrier than ever, so we can't know what will happen!
---

Begin turn #27

Scizor used Bullet Punch.
Gyarados lost 26% of its health.
Gyarados used Waterfall.
Scizor lost 44% of its health.
fang ling.'s Scizor fainted.
(2-5)

vs
(fainted)

Scizor – fainteeed!!!
Gyarados – 7%

Gyarados survived at 1%, and its Leftovers, recovering 6%, make it back at 7%. I'm praying god it will be enough to survive to Metagross.
---

fang ling. switched in Metagross.

Begin turn #28

Metagross used Bullet Punch.
Gyarados lost 6% of its health.
It's super effective!
Metagross lost 76% of its health.
fang ling.'s Metagross fainted.
(1-5)

vs
(fainted)

Metagross – ok you can see it, it’s DEEEEAD!
Gyarados – 7%

Once again, Gyarados survived at 1%! In this final part of the match, luck is really smiling to me! -actually, I then calculated and I find that Bullet Punch couldn't have done more than 6.48%- Well, is finished now. The only remaining Pokémon is Heatran, that is paralyzed and has no chance to survive.
---

fang ling. switched in Heatran.
Pointed stones dug into Heatran.

Begin turn #29

Heatran lost 12% of its health.
Gyarados used Waterfall.
It's super effective!
Heatran lost 28% of its health.
fang ling.'s Heatran fainted.
(0-5)
point wins!
point: gg
fang ling. has left the room.

Really good game, fang ling. The score doesn't minimaly reflects how went the battle: after an intense scouting phase I managed to sweep, but the battle has been pretty balanced almost until the end. Here's the opposing team, now you can see it entirely:

Props:
- You for reading the warstory!
- Rotom, for paralyzing Heatran and burning Metagross
- Snorlax, for Pursuit Rotom
- Jirachi, for wishing all around!
- And obviously Gyarados, for being such a great late-game sweeper

Slops:
- Starmie, for being so useless in this battle..
- Suicune, for making me think I would have poorly lost
- Gliscor for Earthquaking my poor Metagross :(
- Pokémon Ranger's sprites cause they have white background and I'm too lazy to fix them
- The final score, cause it is somehow unfair
- Me for drawing at the end at the prediction count, lol
- Me for spending too much time in writing a warstory. I was writing it since three weeks ago.
- The slops section for being bigger than the props one, d'oh.

Thanks for reading to everyone. Sorry for every kind of mistake I did. I really hope you like it.

Blood Tears

Fatecrashers

acta est fabula
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Artist Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Considering that English is probably not your first language, I thought that this warstory was pretty well-written. You showed your thought processes fully, and the formatting was done well also. You got really lucky in places, what with Heatran getting paralysed and Gyarados survivng at 1%, but overall this is a good warstory.

You're right, English isn't my first language. I didn't post it to show that I've won, but to show the battle itself, which -at least until the last turnes- wasn't so hax-determined (imo). Thank you guys, anyway =)

Great warstory, I understand why you did (most) of your moves, and you did well at identifying your problems in order to sweep later on.

ok that was a nice read. i liked the detail in your comments as they show (a) you know what you're doing (b) you put effort into the warstory. only thing was that i'm a little confused as to how you predicted he wouldn't pursuit just by listing every possible outcome. a bit of a shame that he had somewhat of a lo starmie weak and yours didn't do anything though, heh

Erazor

✓ Just Doug It
is a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This was quite a good warstory. I liked that you explained your reasoning for each move, and you also used your head in the battle, which was nice. Well done!

haunter

Banned deucer.
Very nice read. I predicted that you would have won the battle when you managed to pass Jirachi's wish to Gyarados. Looking forward to see more warstories from you. 5*.

ok that was a nice read. i liked the detail in your comments as they show (a) you know what you're doing (b) you put effort into the warstory. only thing was that i'm a little confused as to how you predicted he wouldn't pursuit just by listing every possible outcome. a bit of a shame that he had somewhat of a lo starmie weak and yours didn't do anything though, heh
About LO Starmie weakness, I just realized it later, pardon. And about Pursuit, it was because I thought it would've been the less-advantageous option: in case of switch, U-Turn would've been great, and he wouldn't have been locked into a dark move being a set-up fodder. Thank you :)

@All: I'd like to know if you like the format, cause I'll surely write other stories in the future :)

Thank you everyone!

I really like how you use Snorlax to deal with Rotoms, watching your execution of that plan was really informative and fun to read.

I really enjoyed reading this. The format was nice, eay on the eyes and your thought process was clearly displayed. Obviously you got lucky but regardless, I still think this was an excellent warstory. I gave this 5 stars.

Ha! I actually played a game against "point" just the other day. It was a really close game as well and I considered writing a warstory about it. But, it probably wasn't as good as this one.

Nice battle. Hope you do more!

SJCrew

Believer, going on a journey...
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Cool battle, nice commentary, and you actually made me laugh with the Gyarados pic. Any warstory that makes me laugh is a good warstory in my book.

That Jirachi set is pretty sweet too, and I'd love to try it, but Swampert has a field day with him as it is. :(

Ha! I actually played a game against "point" just the other day. It was a really close game as well and I considered writing a warstory about it. But, it probably wasn't as good as this one.

Nice battle. Hope you do more!
Really? Sorry but I don't remember a user named jad. Is your shoddy name different?

That was a cool warstory; great battle, good comments. The CBlax + gyara combo makes using scarf rotom as a check scary because it can't be 2HKOd by hydro pump like ttar.

San_Pellegrino

the eternal dreamer
is a Team Rater Alumnus
Nice warstory, hax and the team advantage you had were kinda let downs though, but amazing comments into your thinking. 9/10

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)