Team Yggdra Union (OU RMT)

Hey I'm crobats and i have played shoddybattle for a few months now (formerly under the name "Redsword") and I decided to see how good my latest team was. Guess it'll probably be my last Gen IV team with Gen IV coming to a close.

Team Yggdra Union: We'll Never Fight Alone
Changes in bold

Skarmory(F)@Lum Berry "Kylier"
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs:252HP/128SDef/128Spe
Careful Nature (+SDef, -SAtk)
-Taunt
-Spikes
-Roost
-Whirlwind
This Skarmory is a very good lead against many of the slower leads except heatran. Yes it's vashta's set but it works very well with my team and with the lum berry also taunts smearagle and roserade. It helps late game by whirl-winding physical threats away.
SYNERGY
Electric: Rotom-W, Celebi
Fire: Heatran, Gyarados, Kingdra, Snorlax's thick fat

Agaisnt top 10 leads:
Azelf- I usually switch out to Heatran and lava plume. Explosion can't kill heatran.
Machamp- I whirlwind while my lum berry cures confusion.
Aerodactyl- I switch into Gyarados and usually I get to waterfall since stone edge won't 2hko rest-talk Gyarados without crits.
Metagross- Taunt, then spikes.
Swampert- Taunt, then spikes.
Infernape- I go to Gyarados and waterfall.
Heatran- I either switch out to Heatran or Gyarados
Jirachi- Usually spikes. I get two layers but usually get a scarf in return.
Ninjask- Taunt, one layer of spikes and if it hasn't switched out, whirlwind.
Roserade- taunt as it sleep powders, then spikes.

Heatran(M)@Leftovers "Durant"
EVs:244HP/32SAtk/12SpD/220Spe
Calm (+SDef, -Atk)
-Substitue
-Roar
-Earth Power
-Lava Plume

Changed to sub roar Heatran. Switches into something it threatens and subs. Roar for racking up damage with my spikes and stealth rock. Also can take on Rotom-H.Testing SOMALIA's set with toxic and Fire Blast.
SYNERGY
Water: Gyarados, Celebi, Kingdra
Fighting: Gyarados, Celebi, Rotom-W
Ground: Gyarados, Skarmory, Celebi, Rotom-W

Celebi(F)@Leftovers "Rosary"
EVs:252HP/220Def/36Spe
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
-Grass Knot
-Recover
-Thunder Wave
-Stealth Rock

My mid game Stealth Rocker and also helps deal with Blissey through leech seeding it. It takes earthquakes aimed at Heatran and water moves from Vaporeon and Starmie. Grass Knot is for a STAB move dealing with opposing Swamperts ,Hippowdons, Gyarados and sometimes Starmie. T-wave for slowing down threats to my team such as Gengar.

SYNERGY
Fire: Heatran, Gyarados, Kingdra, Snorlax due to think fat
Ice: Heatran, Snorlax
Bug: Gyarados, Heatran, Skarmory
Poison: Skarmory, Heatran
Flying: Skarmory, heatran, Jolteon
Ghost: Heatran, Skarmory Snorlax
Dark: Heatran, Skarmory

Gyarados(M)@Leftovers "Milanor"
EVs:248HP/248Def/12Spe
Impish (+Def, -SAtk)
-Rest
-Waterfall
-Roar
-Sleep Talk

This thing is very bulky and takes hits like a champ. I usually let it take on most leads my Skarmory can't defeat as well as provide roar support for my team. He takes on Machamps and Scizors for my team. Along with Celebi he absorbs status for my team while also providing a good check for fire types like Heatran and Infernape.
SYNERGY
Electric: Jolteon, Celebi
Rock: erm well... Skarm and Celebi sorta.

Rotom-W@Leftovers "Princess Yggdra"
EVs:252HP/6Def/252Spe
Timid (+Spe, -Atk)
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
-Thunderbolt
-Substitute

This thing is quite annoying and can help get some key threats burnt such as Tyranitar. Also is my spinblocker. More speed seems good so far.

SYNERGY
Dark: Skarmory, Heatran
Ghost: Heatran, Skarmory, Snorlax

Snorlax(M)@Leftovers "Cruz"
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs (a little unsure here): 252HP/252SpD/4Def
Careful (+SpD -SpA)
-Whirlwind
-Rest
-Sleep Talk
-Crunch
Snorlax seems to work better for checking the LO sweepers that dent my team and was placed where Kingdra formerly was. I'm still a bit unsure on the evs and the moveset but so far this set is fine. Crunch is especially for gengar but the rest is the main set from the analysis.

SYNERGY
Fighting: Rotom-W, Gyarados, Celebi

Some trouble stuff for my team:
DD Tyranitar have given me the most trouble so far testing this team. Gyarados can to a point can if it has bounce and dragon dance and Rotoms are a bit of a pain if they are Rotom-w.

Please Rate my Team and help me with what needs fixing. Also Yggdra Union is a really fun game for GBA/PSP and worth playing.

What I have changed so far.
Torment Tran-> Sub+Roar Heatran
Sub+Yawn Jolteon to Sub Pain Split Rotom-w
Sub+DD Kingdra->Bulky Chesto Rest Kingdra->Whirlwind Snorlax

Hey nice team you have here. I suggest you change Lum Berry to a Shed Shell. magnezone is still strong and you need scarmory for maximum synergy. Roserade leads can be handled by heatran. Next I would change heatran to a specially defensive heatran. Torment tran was nice but i think since this team is going for stall specially defensive heatran can help more. I would use Rest/sleep talk/lava plume/earth power. with maximum Hp and Special defense and a calm nature.This is a great pokemon to use against shaymin and opposing celebi who give you problems.This heatran also does great against rotom. I think a rest talk rotom or Any rotom would be better than jolteon. You need a spin blocker since your running spikes and stealth rock. if they get spun away then scarmory and celebis job would have been useless.

This team is threatened by every Tyranitar variant, thanks to Stone Edge from CB and DD versions, it will guarantee a kill with Stone Edge or severely dent something. Offensive Suicune is also a problem with a CM, as nothing will be doing much to it, and it hits everything for great damage between Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/HP Electric, and so are offensive water types in general. Life Orb Shaymin can also be problematic between repeated seed flare/hp fire/earth power assaults. Mixed Dragonite, and mixed attackers in general are generally pretty hard to handle for these types of teams. Chesto Rest Kingdra is built to set up on bulky teams like these. Finally Life Orb Heatran is a threat if it holds Dragon pulse for Kingdra. Finally a lack of spin blocker always sucks for a spikes team

Firstly, to handle Suicune, change Celebi to the Offensive Leech Seed Shaymin. This will give you a decent check to water types. Try this set: With max Satk/Speed Seed Flare/HP Fire/Earth power/Leech Seed Timid, and Leftovers. Its also annoying for stall to deal with, and can handle opposing Shaymin to an extent. Second suggestion is, Agility Lucario over Jolteon. Jolteon is really not doing much for your team, with Shaymin, the grass hedgehog already checks everything Jolteon does, so try Agility Lucario over Jolteon. It works with Spikes support, takes down LO Heatran, handles Dragonite with Ice Punch, and most importantly a rock resist, and its sets up all over choice Tyranitars. Try 252 Atk/252 Spe Adamant Nature with a Life Orb Agility|Close Combat|Ice Punch|Crunch. To handle Kingdra and Shaymin, as well as a spin blocker, try Scarf Rotom-H. 200 HP/56 Satk/252 Spe with a Timid nature and Thunderbolt|Overheat|Trick|SHadow ball. This will handle Gyarados, Spin block, check Shaymin, and trick Kingdra, and cripple its set up attempts. Try it over Kingdra, who sets up on things the team already covers pretty well, like bulky waters (handled by Shaymin/Rotom), so its not needed anymore, as the sweeping is already covered by Lucario, and Rotom-H is more useful overall as a spin blocker, and a revenge killer to various popular threats to bulky teams.

Good Luck!

Hey I got your message, this team looks pretty cool and nice presentation. As you've said, Tyranitar is not fun to deal with here in any form, and Jolly Gyarados with Bounce is an issue (although unlikely). Nasty Plot Infernape also sucks a great deal, as well as LO Flygon or Dragonite. But perhaps most importantly for this team, you lack a spin blocker, which is just never good. For that reason, I'm going to suggest you switch Jolteon (who isn't really performing for anything at this point) to a Defensive SubSplit Rotom!

Rotom-w @ Leftovers
252 HP / 188 Spe / 68 Def, Timid
-Substitute
-Pain Split
-Will-o-wisp
-Thunderbolt

While it may look like this set is bad for your Tyranitar problem, by setting up a substitute you actually obtain a lure that neuters the switch in. This also helps your Gyarados weakness and provides a spin blocker.

I also think that this team needs a revenge killer to be more effective. TormentTran is one of my favourite sets always and forever and ever, but I think scarfing it is going to do you some good and give you a better answer to LO Flygon/Dragonite and Infernape. Obviously getting him in might be problematic but you can predict a dragon/fire move and threaten them. This way you won't be swept clean by them.

That's all the advice I got, good luck with the team.

Hey nice team you have here.
Thanks.
I suggest you change Lum Berry to a Shed Shell. magnezone is still strong and you need scarmory for maximum synergy. Roserade leads can be handled by heatran. Next I would change heatran to a specially defensive heatran. Torment tran was nice but i think since this team is going for stall specially defensive heatran can help more. I would use Rest/sleep talk/lava plume/earth power. with maximum Hp and Special defense and a calm nature.This is a great pokemon to use against shaymin and opposing celebi who give you problems.This heatran also does great against rotom.
Oh thanks. I'll try it out since i have problems with celebi and shaymin as well.
I think a rest talk rotom or Any rotom would be better than jolteon. You need a spin blocker since your running spikes and stealth rock. if they get spun away then scarmory and celebis job would have been useless.
Hey I got your message, this team looks pretty cool and nice presentation. As you've said, Tyranitar is not fun to deal with here in any form, and Jolly Gyarados with Bounce is an issue (although unlikely). Nasty Plot Infernape also sucks a great deal, as well as LO Flygon or Dragonite. But perhaps most importantly for this team, you lack a spin blocker, which is just never good. For that reason, I'm going to suggest you switch Jolteon (who isn't really performing for anything at this point) to a Defensive SubSplit Rotom!

Rotom-w @ Leftovers
252 HP / 188 Spe / 68 Def, Timid
-Substitute
-Pain Split
-Will-o-wisp
-Thunderbolt

While it may look like this set is bad for your Tyranitar problem, by setting up a substitute you actually obtain a lure that neuters the switch in. This also helps your Gyarados weakness and provides a spin blocker.
To handle Kingdra and Shaymin, as well as a spin blocker, try Scarf Rotom-H. 200 HP/56 Satk/252 Spe with a Timid nature and Thunderbolt|Overheat|Trick|SHadow ball. This will handle Gyarados, Spin block, check Shaymin, and trick Kingdra, and cripple its set up attempts. Try it over Kingdra, who sets up on things the team already covers pretty well, like bulky waters (handled by Shaymin/Rotom), so its not needed anymore, as the sweeping is already covered by Lucario, and Rotom-H is more useful overall as a spin blocker, and a revenge killer to various popular threats to bulky teams.

Good Luck!
Thanks and so I should change Jolteon either a subsplit Rotom-A,scarf or Restalk?
This team is threatened by every Tyranitar variant, thanks to Stone Edge from CB and DD versions, it will guarantee a kill with Stone Edge or severely dent something. Offensive Suicune is also a problem with a CM, as nothing will be doing much to it, and it hits everything for great damage between Hydro Pump/Ice Beam/HP Electric, and so are offensive water types in general. Life Orb Shaymin can also be problematic between repeated seed flare/hp fire/earth power assaults. Mixed Dragonite, and mixed attackers in general are generally pretty hard to handle for these types of teams. Chesto Rest Kingdra is built to set up on bulky teams like these. Finally Life Orb Heatran is a threat if it holds Dragon pulse for Kingdra. Finally a lack of spin blocker always sucks for a spikes team

Firstly, to handle Suicune, change Celebi to the Offensive Leech Seed Shaymin. This will give you a decent check to water types. Try this set: With max Satk/Speed Seed Flare/HP Fire/Earth power/Leech Seed Timid, and Leftovers. Its also annoying for stall to deal with, and can handle opposing Shaymin to an extent. Second suggestion is, Agility Lucario over Jolteon. Jolteon is really not doing much for your team, with Shaymin, the grass hedgehog already checks everything Jolteon does, so try Agility Lucario over Jolteon. It works with Spikes support, takes down LO Heatran, handles Dragonite with Ice Punch, and most importantly a rock resist, and its sets up all over choice Tyranitars. Try 252 Atk/252 Spe Adamant Nature with a Life Orb Agility|Close Combat|Ice Punch|Crunch.
So, Agility Luke and Shaymin are also options for my jolteon's spot.

I also think that this team needs a revenge killer to be more effective. TormentTran is one of my favourite sets always and forever and ever, but I think scarfing it is going to do you some good and give you a better answer to LO Flygon/Dragonite and Infernape. Obviously getting him in might be problematic but you can predict a dragon/fire move and threaten them. This way you won't be swept clean by them.

That's all the advice I got, good luck with the team.
Thanks and i'll consider either scarf or the specially defensive version for heatran.

Pretty nice team. Skarmory leads are beast as always, and you definitely have ways of abusing those entry hazards. There are a couple of recommendations I'd like to make, however.

Notable Problems

• Lack of Toxic Spikes
While this isn't a game-breaker by any means, keep in mind that TormentTran functions best when used with Toxic Spikes, as this allows you to wear down your opponents as they try to break your subs. If you decide to just keep Stealth Rock and Spikes, a different Heatran set with Roar to abuse hazards more would be beneficial.

• Relative frailty of Kingdra
Kingdra is pretty great Pokemon, but the 252/252/4 spread you're using in addition to the SubDD set is a little outdated in the current metagame. I'll address that more below, however.

Suggestions

• Change Heatran's set
RestTalk Roar could work, but since Gyarados already is running a Sleep Talk set, SubRoar is also a good choice:

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP/220 Spe/32 SpA/12 SpD
Calm nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Roar
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Lava Plume

The EVs are the same, as you might notice. Playing this Heatran basically involves you switching it in on something it threatens, then using Substitute. You can Roar whatever switches in, and rack up more Spikes damage with Heatran's great typing. Lava Plume is kept for its ability to burn opponents, and Earth Power can hit opposing Heatran.
  • Use Chesto Rest Kingdra
Kingdra (M) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 144 HP/160 Atk/164 Spe/42 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Rest

This is definitely the best Kingdra set to use in the current metagame. It functions very effectively as a late-game sweeper, and the extra bulk ensures that +1 Offensive Suicune and LO Starmie can only 3HKO. The speed allows you to outspeed Choice Scarf Flygon after two Dragon Dances. Using this set is quite simple; just switch Kingdra in and keep Dragon Dancing, ignoring any status or damage. Then, use Rest at the last moment to heal up and sweep.

Good luck with your team!

Pretty nice team. Skarmory leads are beast as always, and you definitely have ways of abusing those entry hazards. There are a couple of recommendations I'd like to make, however.

Notable Problems

• Lack of Toxic Spikes
While this isn't a game-breaker by any means, keep in mind that TormentTran functions best when used with Toxic Spikes, as this allows you to wear down your opponents as they try to break your subs. If you decide to just keep Stealth Rock and Spikes, a different Heatran set with Roar to abuse hazards more would be beneficial.

• Relative frailty of Kingdra
Kingdra is pretty great Pokemon, but the 252/252/4 spread you're using in addition to the SubDD set is a little outdated in the current metagame. I'll address that more below, however.

Suggestions

• Change Heatran's set
RestTalk Roar could work, but since Gyarados already is running a Sleep Talk set, SubRoar is also a good choice:

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 244 HP/220 Spe/32 SpA/12 SpD
Calm nature (+SpD, -Atk)
- Roar
- Earth Power
- Substitute
- Lava Plume

The EVs are the same, as you might notice. Playing this Heatran basically involves you switching it in on something it threatens, then using Substitute. You can Roar whatever switches in, and rack up more Spikes damage with Heatran's great typing. Lava Plume is kept for its ability to burn opponents, and Earth Power can hit opposing Heatran.
  • Use Chesto Rest Kingdra
Kingdra (M) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 144 HP/160 Atk/164 Spe/42 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Outrage
- Rest

This is definitely the best Kingdra set to use in the current metagame. It functions very effectively as a late-game sweeper, and the extra bulk ensures that +1 Offensive Suicune and LO Starmie can only 3HKO. The speed allows you to outspeed Choice Scarf Flygon after two Dragon Dances. Using this set is quite simple; just switch Kingdra in and keep Dragon Dancing, ignoring any status or damage. Then, use Rest at the last moment to heal up and sweep.

Good luck with your team!
Thanks and implemented your changes. Also should I replace jolteon with rotom-a?

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I got your PM.

Basically there is not much to add however I do think that a rest talk Rotom benefits your team more over Jolteon. This is because it has much more reliable recovery and can set up a reflect to cusion blows more effectivally. I guess you are vulnerable to Taunt + DD Tyranitar but I guess Kingdra can hnadle those in a pinch.

Have a Nice Day!

Rating by request.

Hey crobats, I really like this team! You seem to have most threats checked, but I'm a bit concerned about fast special sweepers such as Starmie, Gengar, and Jolteon (especially LO Jolteon and LO Gengar). The odd man out on your team is definitely Kingdra, even though I'm sure he does a great job. Have you ever considered changing Kingdra to a Whirlwind Snorlax? I think Whirlwind Snorlax definitely fits the pace of this team, and gives you a whopping four Pokemon who can phaze at any time, racking up a ton of entry hazard damage. I think you'll find that with Snorlax, you'll have a response to all offensive threats, and will own one of the most annoying teams in the game! Sub Roar Heatran already handles stall very nicely, so I'm not too worried about that, but definitely give Whirlwind Snorlax a shot. I think you'll be very happy with the results :). In fact, I like the way this team looks so much, I think I'll go do a ladder run with it myself! :P

I hope you found this rate useful, and best of luck to you in the future!

Rating by request.

Hey crobats, I really like this team! You seem to have most threats checked, but I'm a bit concerned about fast special sweepers such as Starmie, Gengar, and Jolteon (especially LO Jolteon and LO Gengar). The odd man out on your team is definitely Kingdra, even though I'm sure he does a great job. Have you ever considered changing Kingdra to a Whirlwind Snorlax? I think Whirlwind Snorlax definitely fits the pace of this team, and gives you a whopping four Pokemon who can phaze at any time, racking up a ton of entry hazard damage. I think you'll find that with Snorlax, you'll have a response to all offensive threats, and will own one of the most annoying teams in the game! Sub Roar Heatran already handles stall very nicely, so I'm not too worried about that, but definitely give Whirlwind Snorlax a shot. I think you'll be very happy with the results :). In fact, I like the way this team looks so much, I think I'll go do a ladder run with it myself! :P

I hope you found this rate useful, and best of luck to you in the future!
Thanks and have fun with the team. I'll try your suggestion and thanks for your rate.

with maximum Hp and Special defense and a calm nature.This is a great pokemon to use against shaymin and opposing celebi who give you problems.
Not true most LO shaymin carry Earth power+ outspeed and celebi can easily live a lava plume and hinder you with thunder wave or even hit with earth power.

Anyhow your team is weak to opposing stall with a spinner, you lack viable counters to heavy offense teams featuring Dragon dance Tyranitar, LO gengar, LO starmie and SD infernape. I cannot really improve much without changing some team members around but here is all I got.

Take out roar on heatran, think about it. What can heatran come in on and roar that Gyarados and skarmory cant? Don't say grass types because the majority can live your hits and OHKO or 2HKO at least. Invest all 252 evs in speed and give your heatran Timid nature

Heatran@Leftovers
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Earth power
184 HP/ 16 SP.ATT/ 252 SPEED Timid

You still OHKO Bulky Rotom can outspeed common threats which your other ev spread you couldn't and now speed tie with other trans and this set fits stall teams better.

Celebi definitely give thunder wave over leech seed, usual offensive teams lack clerics and to get a paralyse on some threats is always great. You can nail gengar switch ins as well as other heatrans and infernapes which makes stalling your opponent all that much easier.

Don't have anything else so will add more later, GL.

Not true most LO shaymin carry Earth power+ outspeed and celebi can easily live a lava plume and hinder you with thunder wave or even hit with earth power.

Anyhow your team is weak to opposing stall with a spinner, you lack viable counters to heavy offense teams featuring Dragon dance Tyranitar, LO gengar, LO starmie and SD infernape. I cannot really improve much without changing some team members around but here is all I got.

Take out roar on heatran, think about it. What can heatran come in on and roar that Gyarados and skarmory cant? Don't say grass types because the majority can live your hits and OHKO or 2HKO at least. Invest all 252 evs in speed and give your heatran Timid nature

Heatran@Leftovers
- Toxic
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Earth power
184 HP/ 16 SP.ATT/ 252 SPEED Timid

You still OHKO Bulky Rotom can outspeed common threats which your other ev spread you couldn't and now speed tie with other trans and this set fits stall teams better.

Celebi definitely give thunder wave over leech seed, usual offensive teams lack clerics and to get a paralyse on some threats is always great. You can nail gengar switch ins as well as other heatrans and infernapes which makes stalling your opponent all that much easier.

Don't have anything else so will add more later, GL.
Thanks for the rate and will test that heatran out. I also put t-wave on celebi.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)