Issue #11 Released!

Status
Not open for further replies.

As the cover says, this is the last issue of DP. As such, this issue is a little early to accomodate the BW release date, but we hope you enjoy it nonetheless. Personally I think it's a great issue for the community and strategy-wise. Furthermore, the cover is extremely cute, which is always a plus. Happy reading!

Alchemator

my god if you don't have an iced tea for me when i
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Note: Spriting Competition results will be included in the next issue. It is not too late to submit!

FlareBlitz

Relaxed nature. Loves to eat.
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
That cover is way too adorable. Props to whoever drew it, and to everyone else who contributed to this issue :)

Nice cover. It reminds me of two of the guys around here, with Delibird and Ampharos as their avatar/sig.

And the mod article is pretty lol. Great job!

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Personally, I was not particularly satisfied with this issue, but as always I appreciate the effort that everybody put into it!

Phew! The rush of getting that sort of thing on-site is great. I haven't had a chance to read it all yet, but I look forward to doing so. Great job, everyone!

Congratulations to ChouToshio, Kinneas and Shinxe on their shiny new Artist badge for their work on this issue!

nice
loving firecape's arceus article
though i'm kinda surprised about calm mind set being the most dominant one and not the sword dancer (particularly extremekiller)

VKCA

(Virtual Circus Kareoky Act)
The "Evolution of the 4th Generation Metagame" article is fantastic.
From what I've read so far this is my favorite smog
Very nice job guys

Edit:
Ya definitely my favorite

symphonyx64

Private messages are the best way to reach me
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Excellent artwork and a great way to close out the 4th gen!
Will be looking forward to reading this.

Good work, as always.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
I've told pluff this already but (through no fault of her own) I'm super disappointed there's no article on the world cup or even tournaments in general, when other stuff that's not nearly as important to smogon has been made into articles. As always I appreciate the enormous effort put into the magazine by all the contributors (I'm currently working 4 jobs + uni so I would never be able to replicate what they do) but I think I speak for a few people I've talked to when I say I'm disappointed at the apparent avoidal of tournaments in general...

Edit: on a positive note, I love the moderator article haha.

With the Special Defense boost from sand, Tyranitar effectively has a monstrous Special Defense base stat of 150

Due to the way stats are calculated this is inaccurate, the actual effective base special defense of tyranitar depends on how many EV's he is running. With no investment he has the equivalent of base 159 with 252 evs he has the equivalent of between base 174 and 175.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I've told pluff this already but (through no fault of her own) I'm super disappointed there's no article on the world cup or even tournaments in general, when other stuff that's not nearly as important to smogon has been made into articles. As always I appreciate the enormous effort put into the magazine by all the contributors (I'm currently working 4 jobs + uni so I would never be able to replicate what they do) but I think I speak for a few people I've talked to when I say I'm disappointed at the apparent avoidal of tournaments in general...

Edit: on a positive note, I love the moderator article haha.
Well only those who participate in the tournaments could write about them. If people who actually go to the tournaments and play them are not going to write, there will be no articles. This has nothing to do with the actual staff and writers of the magazine.

As a player, I personally am very disappointed with GF's blatant disregard for the large following of the singles metagame, and instead opted to force upon the larger player base, competitions of a completely different untraditional nature largely unsupported by the ingame. With that said, it's no surprise that Smogon at large has only minimal participation/support for the tournaments, and that there are too few participants available to the point where no one wrote about them for us. :/

edit 1: On another note, thanks for the badge, I'll keep working hard on art! ;)

edit 2: Also thanks for the note about Tyranitar's special defense-- when I wrote the article I couldn't find any literature about how it works exactly. I guess all you really need to know is that TTar's Special defense is FAT. :P

Shinxe

there and back again
is an Artist Alumnus
An artist badge and the ability to give myself a cheesy user title... awesome! I wouldn't have noticed if I wasn't congratulated on it. 8[

mmmm awesome art around here, fun articles.

Apart from the fact Manaphy wasn't even in on the cutemon article(-_-), Great Work! I particularly liked the Archie reference in the mod article.

EDIT: Well I guess that cheered me up even though I noticed earlier anyway, not to mention Manaphy is pretty top-tier.

Chou Toshio

Over9000
is an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah, and what about

I mean, it's a baby seal. What more do you need to know??? Other than that it's name means "Ball-shaped-seal" in Japanes, and it's like a little ball!! How can you not want to hug it???

edit: Yeah, we know you can't cover all the cutemon, but it's just fun to complain. I mean . . . what about . . . I dunno . . . pikachu?

Just because a pokemon isn't in the cutemon list doesn't mean it's not cute : P

Theres so many cute pokemon it's not even funny. I want to hug them all.

Great Smog issue, by the way. I'm always looking forward to more, and congratz to the people who got an artist's badge!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)