Pokemon that benefit the most from Dream World (They see me Update'n,)

Feraligatr gets Encourage, and with the speed boost from water goggles (I guess it depends on how much of a boost), this thing could finally abuse a SD set sweeping with boosted moves, or run a DD set with benefits over Gyarados.

Edit: Though I guess that depends on which moves can get boosted. For example, does Earthquake get boosted (it doubles damage against users of dig and hits everyone in 2v2)
Where did you find this information that Feraligatr gets Encourage? Serebii hasn't mentioned anything of the sort.

With infinite sun from Ninetales, Chlorophyll and SD, Leafeon could turn into a physical wrecking ball for sunny day teams. Abomasnow with Soundproof. lol. If Luxray gets any new physical Electric attacks, guts could be useful. And I am looking forward to using Speed Boost Blaziken, although he could still be easy to revenge. Unfortunately for every pokemon with a good new ability, there are ten more that get crap.

Riolu receives as a level-up move... NASTY PLOT. Yeah, this looks kinda scary, but still 216 Spe Gliscor is good check for it (and even if you face Agility versions, then Hippowdon, Suicune, Skarmory all handle it by phazing or just attacking).

Abomasnow with Soundproof.
I see it usefull against Bug Buzz, which right now it's immune to thanks to Soundproff and for example right now it resists both of our Electric Spider STAB attacks. Also not being phazed by Roar is quite cool as bulky waters like Swampert or Suicune can't phaze continue their phazing if they force switch on something else and it ends on Abomasnow.

Okay, I've written up some things. Credit would be nice, but not needed. You can simply copy + paste to your post if you want.

Dream World Ability: Poison Heal

Ability Characteristics:
When this Pokémon is poisoned, whether Toxic or regular, it heals 1/8 of its max HP at the end of each turn instead of taking damage.

Pros:
With Toxic Orb equipped, gliscor heals twice as fast as it would have with leftovers AND gains immunity to every other status effect. Gliscor's longevity lasts well... longer, and would become a much better physical wall. It still retains its typing and roost, as well as taunt and possibly stealth rock. If you're feeling lucky, you can still put leftovers on gliscor and switch into an opponent's toxic if you'd like. Apart from ability and item, movesets can remain pretty much the same.

Cons:

Almost nothing. Gliscor has almost nothing to lose by switching from Hyper Cutter/Sand Veil to Poison Heal, besides their effects of course. One other con is that it has to wait by the end of the first turn to be poisoned by the toxic orb. This gives the opponent one chance to kill gliscor or hit it with another status effect such as sleep or burn. If you have heal bell or aromatherapy on your team, then you will have to wait another turn next time you send out gliscor.

Dream World Ability: Damp

Ability Characteristics:
If a Pokémon uses Self Destruct or Explosion while this Pokémon is out, it will fail. While a Pokémon with this ability is in battle, damage from Aftermath is prevented.

Pros:
Swampert is no longer explosion bait! It is the perfect counter to non-HP grass heatran and non-grass knot metagross! It can also be a great tank against pokes that can't do significant damage to it besides explosion or self destruct. For example, snorlax, gengar, etc. Stat boosters can be phazed out via roar.

Cons:

Aside from losing torrent to give waterfall or surf an extra punch, nothing.

Dream World Ability: Iron Fist

Ability Characteristics: The power of Bullet Punch, Comet Punch, Dizzy Punch, Drain Punch, DynamicPunch, Fire Punch, Focus Punch, Hammer Arm, Ice Punch, Mach Punch, Mega Punch, Meteor Mash, Shadow Punch, Sky Uppercut, and ThunderPunch is increased by 20%. It does not power up Sucker Punch.

Pros:
Infernape's only real use is to power up ThunderPunch, Fire Punch (still outclassed by flare blitz), and Mach Punch. Thunder Punch and Fire Punch would have Base power equivalent to 90, while Mach Punch will have it up to 48. Fire Punch is now a more useful alternative to Flare Blitz, for those who don't like recoil, with a more respectable base power. Drain Punch gets special mention as well, boosting up to 90 BP, but is silly to put it on something as frail as infernape.

Cons:

Close Combat isn't powered up. It loses Blaze, to give fire blast/flare blitz an extra boost when on low health.

Dream World Ability: Drizzle

Ability Characteristics: When this Pokémon is brought out, a permanent rain covers the battlefield. It can only be removed by bringing out a Pokémon with Drought, Sand Stream, or Snow Warning, or by using Sunny Day, Sandstorm, or Hail.

Pros: Awesome Rain abuse. Politoed is on the same boat as ninetales, with STAB water attacks in the rain instead. Infinite rain teams will now be accessible without kyogre, and will see a rise in usage. It also shares a sleep move in the form of hypnosis. It has decent special attack to spam surf. Good defenses allow it to take hits, and live a non-stabbed super effective hit. It has support moves in the form of refresh, perish song, encore, and helping hand in doubles/triples.

Cons:
Politoed now loses that awesome immunity to water attacks, and healing it at the same time. Even though it resists water attacks, it will now do a little more damage to politoed in the rain, but that shouldn't be a big issue due to it's good special defense. It loses damp too, but it's outclassed by water absorb either way.

Dream World Ability: Solar Power

Ability Characteristics:
When Sunny Day is in effect, this Pokémon loses 1/8 HP per turn, but Special Attack is increased by 50%.

Pros:
When in conjunction with groudon or drought ninetales, charizard is a real powerhouse. It has a respectable 100 base speed as well as a good 109 special attack. A fire attack, under the sun, with solar power, coupled with life orb is going to hurt anything not immune to it. It's even gonna dent blissey a bit even with flamethrower. Solar Beam also rounds out coverage, with a no-recharge turn as well, and a boost from solar power. Air Slash and Hidden Power Electric/Ice can go in the final slot. You can also make charizard fully physical or mixed with dragon dance, making it faster in the process.

Cons:

Expect charizard to die quickly. Very quickly. Solar power makes it lose 1/8 of its HP a turn. Life orb will make it lose 1/10 of its HP per attack. Stealth Rock will strip away 50% of its HP everytime it switches in. Charizard's only hope is if stealth rock isn't a move tutor, because if it is, life will be hell for it without a rapid spinner. Charizard also loses health via recoil if you go physical with flare blitz. Charizard is not fast enough to kill a few pokes without choice scarf as well. Dragon Dance solves this problem, plus you can make it physical or mixed.

What about solar power Charizard? Does anyone realise how powerful it's fire moves and solarbeam would be in the sun?

What about solar power Charizard? Does anyone realise how powerful it's fire moves and solarbeam would be in the sun?
I totally forgot about that. That deserves mention, I'll put it up.

However, it doesn't solve charizard's retarded typing by switching into stealth rock, or its speed. If stealth rock isn't a move tutor, then it has hope.

Shiftry getting Illusion.
Pairing with an Electric or Fighting pokemon could make for some nice head games in UU.

Delibird having Insomnia and Vital Spirit... XD

Hey Nitro, Could you perhaps do these two for me?

Manectric: Electric 70/ 75/ 60/105/ 60/105 Static/LightningRod/Minus (Dream World)
Ampharos: Electric 90/ 75/ 75/115/ 90/ 55 Static/Plus (Dream World)

Its insane! We all know that + and - doubles Sp. Att power!!! and these are two better pokemon then plusle and Minun! these two would be potentially dangerous in a double battle. you might want to do them both at the same time as a combo.

Some of thes abilities are useless but funny. Gloom gets stench. Ha! Teddiursa gets honey gather. Wow.

As for useful abilities, snorlax with gluttony is huge(literally), as I've heard that after belly drum and salac, it outspeeds and destroys most pokemon.

More stuff, this time with weather abusers! I'm going to skip the ability characteristics thing, because anybody can look up what it does.

Dream World Ability: Hydration

Pros:
Hydration allows full recovery with rest in the rain! Rest paired with a drizzle user such as politoed will make vaporeon hard to take down! Say goodbye to wish + protect! Full recovery and status recovery is here! Now with only rest, you have room for other moves, such as Acid Armor, Roar, Substitute, Baton Pass, or wish if you still want to support. Acid Armor in particular is useful because Vaporeon can be focused on mixed walling

Cons:

Vaporeon loses water absorb. One of it's best traits. Water absorb means no free healing or switching into water attacks. However, vaporeon resists water already, and has a good special defense, so it's not THAT big of a deal for it.

Leaving this for the next poke
Dream World Ability:

Pros:

Cons:

EDIT: I gotta go now. I'll have to do this stuff later.

Some of thes abilities are useless but funny. Gloom gets stench. Ha! Teddiursa gets honey gather. Wow.

As for useful abilities, snorlax with gluttony is huge(literally), as I've heard that after belly drum and salac, it outspeeds and destroys most pokemon.
But a mach punch destroys it and a 30base speed with a salac boost dosent exactly outspeed much pokes

A Ninetales-Exeggutor looks like quite a solid duo. Ninetales could enter the field and bring in the sun, and depending on the opponent use will-o-wisp or switch out to Exeggutor who can resist any super effective that's aimed at Ninetales and immediately make good use of the sun with Chlorophyll.

Same could go with Politoed-Kingdra.

I'm quite anxious to know the exact details of Encourage. It may be a possible thought that the boost percentage is equilavant to the additional effect rate of the move. For example, if Encourage Nidoking would use Thunderbolt, the power of Thunderbolt would get a 10% boost. But most likely, I think that Encourage will have a static boost value, something like 10% or maybe 20%.

More stuff, this time with weather abusers! I'm going to skip the ability characteristics thing, because anybody can look up what it does.

Dream World Ability: Hydration

Pros:
Hydration allows full recovery with rest in the rain! Rest paired with a drizzle user such as politoed will make vaporeon hard to take down! Say goodbye to wish + protect! Full recovery and status recovery is here! Now with only rest, you have room for other moves, such as Acid Armor, Roar, Substitute, Baton Pass, or wish if you still want to support. Acid Armor in particular is useful because Vaporeon can be focused on mixed walling

Cons:

Vaporeon loses water absorb. One of it's best traits. Water absorb means no free healing or switching into water attacks. However, vaporeon resists water already, and has a good special defense, so it's not THAT big of a deal for it.

Leaving this for the next poke
Dream World Ability:

Pros:

Cons:

EDIT: I gotta go now. I'll have to do this stuff later.
Allright man, thanks for all your help!

Wasn't Drain Punch found to be base 75 power now? Meaning it won't be of use with Technician Breloom.
Ah, thanks for pointing that out for me, I guess that Technician Breloom is pointless in this thread now. XD I might just remove it if I can't find a good use besides mach punch.

Cutting the ones you mentioned before, there are quite a few you missed:

Venusaur with Chlorophyll

Lapras with Hydration

Typhlosion with Flash Fire

Qwilfish with Intimidate

Raikou with Volt Absorb

Entei with Flash Fire

Suicune with Water Absorb

Altaria with Cloud Nine

Roserade with Technician

Lickylicky with Cloud Nine

I expect Altaria to soar up to OU to combat what will inevitably be Ninetales and Politoed abuse in the tier. Technician Roserade isn't as big of a deal, but STAB Technician Giga Drain is frightening. Water Absorb Suicune is ridiculous.

Ok, fine, snorlax is still slow. That reminds me though, Thick Fat Manoswine will be much more useful than before. I would also look into the legendary dogs getting volt + water absorb and flash fire.

Yeah, the poster above me made a great point.

You need Suicune up there.Getting Water Absorb is huge..

Also Altaria with Cloud Nine, now that sun teams will be more popular.

Cutting the ones you mentioned before, there are quite a few you missed:

Venusaur with Chlorophyll

Lapras with Hydration

Typhlosion with Flash Fire

Qwilfish with Intimidate

Raikou with Volt Absorb

Entei with Flash Fire

Suicune with Water Absorb

Altaria with Cloud Nine

Roserade with Technician

Lickylicky with Cloud Nine

I expect Altaria to soar up to OU to combat what will inevitably be Ninetales and Politoed abuse in the tier. Technician Roserade isn't as big of a deal, but STAB Technician Giga Drain is frightening. Water Absorb Suicune is ridiculous.
And that pretty much sums it up untill we find out what is new abilities do. Where is flygon, by the way? I was hoping it would get compoundeyes(+fissure lol!).

Guts Luxray with Flame Orb could be a nice recipient of an Agility Baton Pass.
Especially if it's picking up a new physical electric attack.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)